Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? (12036 Views)

As A Jobless IT Guy, Should I Take Job In Sales Or Remain Jobless / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Aesthetical: 6:52pm On Feb 20

Mr Mana, how are you doing today
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by pocohantas(f): 6:52pm On Feb 20
It is in Nigeria people take Masters due to unemployment or as bragging right. Then go on to do something totally different for life. Your career path/experience should determine what you MASTER.

I would rather you invest in a skill for now.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Sirchiboy: 6:53pm On Feb 20
K
BucketMan:
Hello guys, please I need your advice. I'm currently in a dilemma on what to do with my life presently. I'm a lawyer called to the bar in December 2022. Afterwards I practiced in a law firm for 6 months before resigning due to the meagre salary and harsh work environment. I just couldn't keep up, Although I can confirm that legal practice was very terrific but it's something that you can only enjoy if you're well paid at the Law firm or company you work with to effectively maintain the standard expected from you.

I've been jobless for 8 months now as all the efforts I put into securing a job ended in futility. I'm thinking of going for my masters degree(LLM) instead of staying idle at home with my parents. I think by doing this I can keep myself busy and improve on my career academically while also trying to find a good job in today's Nigeria.

Serious advice needed please
How old are you?
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Atlantis585: 6:54pm On Feb 20
Your choice!
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by jmoore(m): 6:54pm On Feb 20
Master programme na free?
Why can't you start your own law firm?
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:55pm On Feb 20
Go for msc
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Electrochemistry(m): 6:55pm On Feb 20
That's a learned man unable to secure a job. This country needs complete overhauling.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Irupetepete: 6:56pm On Feb 20
post=128557826:
What a funny question πŸ˜„

Well as dem MANNA wey we be,
We go advice you Bucketman,

Please, go for your Master's degree and don't remain jobless at home biko.
Na beg we dey beg you ooo.
Is dat all ?!

Btw,
Do you still live with your parents?
Let's start from here undecided

Oh, we see!

Everything good.
We bo be Mr oooo,
We are simply WE.
Do have a great day sir.
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by NaijaCover(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:
Hello guys, please I need your advice. I'm currently in a dilemma on what to do with my life presently. I'm a lawyer called to the bar in December 2022. Afterwards I practiced in a law firm for 6 months before resigning due to the meagre salary and harsh work environment. I just couldn't keep up, Although I can confirm that legal practice was very terrific but it's something that you can only enjoy if you're well paid at the Law firm or company you work with to effectively maintain the standard expected from you.

I've been jobless for 8 months now as all the efforts I put into securing a job ended in futility. I'm thinking of going for my masters degree(LLM) instead of staying idle at home with my parents. I think by doing this I can keep myself busy and improve on my career academically while also trying to find a good job in today's Nigeria.

Invest In Your Skill And Thank Me Later
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by ezechi24(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20
Money wey you go take go start one better business, you wan use am go start one mumu masters, Una dey reason at all?.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by BigDawsNet: 6:57pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

Do you mean doing your masters in Abraod or Nigeria..

If abroad, its freaking expensive but make sense
If Nigeria, its cool... that will keep you really busy..and from dere you can possibly meet couple of people you can connect with who can help you..

Just don't form big boy... don't hide anything... the least person you know can really help and connect you

Good luck...

If you have time... also learn tech

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Eriggs: 6:58pm On Feb 20
At topic, go back to school.

Dpharisee:
Look for a trade and learn, keep aside your law degree for now
See dis coward
Hahaha grin grin, afraid catch d pikin him quickly edit him jargons. I don tell una many times say aunty manna na una oga anyway anytime.
D fear of dem manna is d beginning of wisdom from una heads. Coward run delete him long sermon of a rubbish under 30 seconds of seeing dem mama manna coming. Body for tel u Hehehehe πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ grin grin. Kikiki grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by manutdrichie(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

Dive into Tech
Thank me lerra
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by InteliJ(f): 7:00pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

Can you sponsor your masters?
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by biggie73(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20
Go for your Masters.
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Angelfrost(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20
Well, going for a higher degree should be to better yourself and for the joy of it.

Still won't guarantee you a better job or life... Facts.

It makes more sense to learn needed skills that you can use to make money... Creating your own brand helps too.
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Prigidypogodo(f): 7:02pm On Feb 20
Eriggs:

At topic, go back to school.

See dis coward
Hahaha grin grin, afraid catch d pikin him quickly edit him jargons. I don tell una many times say aunty manna na una oga anyway anytime.
D fear of dem manna is d beginning of wisdom from una heads. Coward run delete him long sermon of a rubbish under 30 seconds of seeing dem mama manna coming. Body for tel u Hehehehe πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ grin grin. Kikiki grin grin

I'm watching you
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Taiwo20(m): 7:05pm On Feb 20
Use that money to buy goat and fowl and start rearing. Meanwhile, visit the court complex close to your area in your legal attire daily. You could also get contacts in government office for signing

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Focusmind: 7:05pm On Feb 20
You shouldn't have resigned except if your mental health was at risk. However, if the poor pay was your only consideration for resigning, then you made a mistake. You could have picked one or two clients and contacts from your former employer and continued to build your social capital and contacts. As s young graduate, except your sanity and mental health is at risk, don't resign. Continue to learn on the job and build your professional network and contacts. You could only do that while you have a job. Once you are out of job, your confidence goes down and people will start to question your ability

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by InvertedHammer: 7:07pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

/
You will make a good real estate agent as a lawyer.

Just saying. Your power of imagination is very low.

/

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Judolisco(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20
barinedan:
How will a jobless man or woman go for masters degree? Who is taking care of the expenses?
wetin u dey talk now... I knw people who got sponsored by their parents or relatives to even phd level.... Oga if anybody is willing to sponsor you take it.... You'll enjoy it later
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Careente7(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20
Go n hustle bro. Too much school
Is not too good for the black man.

No comment; next question.
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Adakintroy: 7:10pm On Feb 20
Wetin you de master when you no get work.

Go find work and master that one first.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by BarrElChapo(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

No point being idle, get your masters first.
Also you can try in-house job opportunities too, if law firms aren’t offering you enough. I suspect you’re not in Lagos, Abuja or PHC.
Good luck
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by able20(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

As a young lawyer join the APC as one of the Asiwaju media crew, market Tinubu on social media, and get paid in dollars.
You don't need foreign countries
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Judolisco(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20
BucketMan:

Go and do your LLM, pick a good university, you'll meet with people that can help you... I met a lot of people during my masters, I applied because I was in d same shoes as u were.... Ignore all dis people saying who is going to sponsor you... Jst apply first and money to run it will definitely come...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / Coronavirus: 4 In 10 Nigerians Lost Their Jobs In April - NBS / What Was Your Most Powerful Motivator In The Early Stages Of Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.