Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers (12527 Views)

Bandits Block Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, Burn Army Van, Kidnap Passengers / Bandit Attacks: Protesting Zamfara Women Block Gusau-Kaduna Road / Names Of 26 Travellers Killed In Jos North, 34 Others Still Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by iwaeda: 6:09pm On Feb 20
No fewer than 26 travellers were kidnapped on Tuesday by terrorists, locally dubbed as bandits, who blocked the Gusau-Sokoto highway in the North-West region of Nigeria.

This was confirmed by a resident of one of the communities close to the scene of the attack during a conversation with journalists.

It was learnt that the terrorists blocked the road around Kwaren Kirya village under Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State and abducted all the passengers from a Toyota 18-seater bus and a Volkswagen golf vehicle.

As I’m talking to you now, about 30 minutes ago, these bandits blocked another side of the road. They cleared the passengers of an 18 seater bus and a golf, the situation is worrisome because it has become an everyday thing for these people to be blocking the road,” the source was quoted by Channels TV.

He voiced the alarm about a village, Balge along the highway, claiming that it harbours suspected bandits.

The source urged the authorities to set up security stations in the area to monitor the criminals' actions.

He continued: “There is a village when you pass that Kwaren Kirya called Balge, about 80% of settlers in that village are bandits.”

“There was a time they were chased out of the place but a majority of the people there were bandits. We just need government to help us and station military around the area.”

Police authorities in the state are yet to comment on the latest incident.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/20/terrorists-block-gusau-sokoto-highway-north-west-nigeria-abduct-26-travellers

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by SmartProf(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is an unending crime scene, with all manner of evil doers including those in government. Every possible evil thrives, making goodnews very scarce.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by marenkurz: 6:17pm On Feb 20
Na wa.
Nigeria my country.
God help us o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Amotolongbo(f): 6:20pm On Feb 20
This is the worst time to live in Nigeria

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Victory662(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20
Nice one.
Sai Baba
Sai Tinubu
E mi lokan

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by lazkizz(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is lawless just like how Lucy lawless is been bleeped in spatarcus, soo will the whole country get f**ked. Until we learn to be law abiding and patriotic towards our only country Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by iwaeda: 11:45pm On Feb 20
Nlfpmod, yet Shettima is blaming imaginary enemies.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:52am On Feb 21
Very good
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by sematec(m): 9:52am On Feb 21
Nigeria in trouble
who will rescue her now

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by LuQuLuQu(m): 9:52am On Feb 21
And Akpabio the 80 billion Naira thief says rising cost of living protests are sponsored

Ete calabar ijiot

35 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:53am On Feb 21
I think it's best we regionalise this country..
To curtail all these kidnapping and insecurity issue..

If done properly , the Federal Government in collaboration with the Regional security can easily Beam it's touch light to the affected region, there by reducing insecurity to it's barest minimum.

7 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Cassandraloius: 9:53am On Feb 21
I'm not surprised at all... Hunger, hardship, poverty, unemployment, bad and corrupt leadership and insecurity is the new normal but they're making mistakes attacking and kidnapping innocent people, people that can barely feed three times a day. Mtcheeew...

7 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Reelmii: 9:54am On Feb 21
Wetin dey happen oo
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by SalamRushdie: 9:54am On Feb 21
What is Tinubu govt even capable of doing?

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by donpapa(m): 9:54am On Feb 21
Where are the security officers? Nothing is funny in Nigeria anymore.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by AmuDimpka: 9:54am On Feb 21
On this mandate I stand gidigba

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Streetdoctor: 9:54am On Feb 21
People wey well never manage Nigeria well, na one idiot wey dun use cocaine finish en life na waiting Westcoast from fallen demons present say na en bi d their best. Na then still dey cry for hunger, still dey collect flogging bcs of ordinary bread and yam
Ndi ronu kwenu!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Nawa4nl: 9:55am On Feb 21
We need cut the North off, so they can form their Boko Haram Republic

8 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by SKYHIGHfx: 9:55am On Feb 21
Nawa oooo
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Itiskdg121(m): 9:55am On Feb 21
Omg
We need to hire foreign macineries to combat these people. I think they are now becoming invincible and getting bolder day by day.

President Tinubu, please employ Macineries from Niger Republic to combat them, then let's come back to discuss it in 6 months
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Biafrannuke: 9:55am On Feb 21
They will charge in US dollars and food.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Kingpele(m): 9:55am On Feb 21
Nothing will make me travel out of South East to other part of this Country by road ..if I can't afford air tickets..I stay in my area patapata....the insecurity is getting out of hand like seriously and our politicians have allocated the few security operatives that should fight crimes among themselves...

9 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Cassandraloius: 9:55am On Feb 21
AmuDimpka:
On this mandate I stand gidigba

🤣😂🤣 How can I say I love you?
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by SensualMan1(m): 9:56am On Feb 21
Lol. Shettima will handle the security grin grin

Tinubu is handling the economy!

On your mandate I stand Gidigba! - Parachoko

9 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Urgent1Million: 9:56am On Feb 21
Hmmmm
Terrorists locally dubbed as bandits
What a description!!
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by SpartaOfLagos: 9:57am On Feb 21
This is what happens when your president is a dullard

What a country lead by useless people
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by HateBigots: 9:57am On Feb 21
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by orion7: 9:57am On Feb 21
Tor sai baba

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by lexy2014: 9:58am On Feb 21
Tinubus children carry several armed DSS personnel around to protect themselves, they have appealed to Nigerians to pls bear all these kidnapping and suffering that is necessary n order to reap a good reward in future.

, do you agree?
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:59am On Feb 21
If Nigerian army strike that Balge village with drones armed with bombs, everybody and the media will say Nigerian army is wicked and are genocidal in their missions. The survivors when receiving condolences from government officials will be seen as harmless Nigerians in pitiable hospital beds but are indeed bandits and when in operation and terrorist sympathizers

1 Like

Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Rahkman: 9:59am On Feb 21
Kidnap dem dia fada
Re: Bandits Block Gusau-Sokoto Highway, Kidnap 26 Travellers by Samirana360(m): 10:00am On Feb 21
Nawa.... One day kidnappers will kidnap another set of kidnappers..... Seems kidnappers are now more in number.... Tinubu weldon oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Won’t Be Distracted By Current Challenges – Oluremi Tinubu / 3rd Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For Repairs From July 1st - Nov 6th / Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.