Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is (2327 Views)

I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo / They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu / Why Was Reno Omokri Quiet When Nnamdi Kanu Threatened To Kill Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by faceland: 12:18am On Feb 21
They go to the big cities.

That is like going to the Islands of Lagos and complaining about cost of living.

Cut your coat according to your size.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by faceland: 12:21am On Feb 21
akingangan:
Nigeria is incredibly cheap and unprofitable for multinationals.

Why should Coke sell for 200 Naira in Nigeria and the same Coke manufactured the same way sell for 2000 Naira equivalent in UK

If you are a company where would you invest your money UK or Nigeria

A plate of Jollof rice in UK from a typical Nigerian restaurant is 20000 Naira... and that is the very cheap one

Remember, it's inflated naira.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by faceland: 12:35am On Feb 21
akingangan:

If you are earning 100 thousand in Nigeria you are better off than someone earing 1000 in Europe... Because you can rent a house, eat comfortably and transport comfortably especially outside of Lagos

Is this one in Nigeria?

100k naira?

Assuming you only work 5 days a week and spend 1k on transport, that is 20% on transport alone (for you and not dependent or transport to other places). Then you use the remaining for food, NEPA, personal hygiene products, and emergency for a whole month. Someone earnings 100k naira in Nigeria ought to have high blood pressure (and God forbid they lose their job, they are finished).
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Rossikk(m): 12:39am On Feb 21
Stephench:

I live in Europe. You don't tell me what I know. The only thing that runs into the hundred in Europe is rent. If 3 guys take 3 bedroom flat they'll cut down the rent and the houses are quite clean and each person to one room. This is what I've seen firsthand. They have enough for whatever they want and they're doing menial jobs. I'm not even talking about the skilled ones like us - the lowest of the work force from Nigeria are able to save working here in Europe - just have a job that's all.

You are talking RUBBISH. The guy said his friends are buying Iphones and cars and renting flats on 1k a month salary and that is a FCKING LIE.

AND IF THEY ARE IN THE UK, IT'S A TRIPLE FCKING LIE.

A 3 BEDROOM FLAT IN THE UK WILL SET YOU BACK £2,000 (IE 4 MILLION NAIRA) MINIMUM PER MONTH FOR A REALLY CHEAP PLACE.

3 GUYS SHARING THAT WILL PAY ROUGHLY £700 POUNDS PER MONTH EACH.

WE HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED GAS, ELECTRIC, HEATING, PHONE BILL, SKY TV BILL ETC.

WHERE IS THE MONEY FOR CARS AND IPHONES OR EVEN FOOD?

THEY ARE DOING BENEFIT FRAUD OR CREDIT CARD FRAUD.

MOST DEFINITELY.

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Alaigbopress: 2:11am On Feb 21
akingangan:

Why should Coke sell for 200 Naira in Nigeria and the same Coke manufactured the same way sell for 2000 Naira equivalent in UK

A plate of Jollof rice in UK from a typical Nigerian restaurant is 20000 Naira... and that is the very cheap one
2000 Naira is less than 1 Euro just ponder on this.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by redheart(m): 2:17am On Feb 21
This one that has not seen airport before dey write nonsense... am in the UK and I can say this your write up is bollocks, as in rubbish.
Everything is easier and cheaper here compared to your income...and there are abundance of infrastructure to make life better, even if u no get money, food bank dey.

Na that emilokan hunger go finish u

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by redheart(m): 2:22am On Feb 21
This mumu dey follow write rubbish. How is rent 2k for UK, this same place that have been for the past two years? Stop writing rubbish. My 2 bedroom rent here is 725p. Food is the most useless thing here, unlike Nigeria where food is gold. Here, i can save up money in two weeks amd get a decent car. Stop capping nonsense out of ignorance abeg. Even the bills na exaggeration. Ignorant mumu

Rossikk:

You are talking RUBBISH. The guy said his friends are buying Iphones and cars and renting flats on 1k a month salary and that is a FCKING LIE.

A 3 BEDROOM FLAT IN THE UK WILL SET YOU BACK £2,000 (IE 4 MILLION NAIRA) MINIMUM PER MONTH FOR A REALLY CHEAP PLACE.

MOST DEFINITELY.

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by redheart(m): 2:26am On Feb 21
100k in naira, is that one money? I was earning over 500k in Nigeria before i keft, yet it was nothing to write about. Besides, u can't earn 1000 in Europe wirking fulltime, when u re not handicapped.
faceland:

Is this one in Nigeria?

100k naira?

Assuming you only work 5 days a week and spend 1k on transport, that is 20% on transport alone (for you and not dependent or transport to other places). Then you use the remaining for food, NEPA, personal hygiene products, and emergency for a whole month. Someone earnings 100k naira in Nigeria ought to have high blood pressure (and God forbid they lose their job, they are finished).

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Rossikk(m): 2:36am On Feb 21
redheart:
This mumu dey follow write rubbish. How is rent 2k for UK, this same place that have been for the past two years? Stop writing rubbish. My 2 bedroom rent here is 725p. Food is the most useless thing here, unlike Nigeria where food is gold. Here, i can save up money in two weeks amd get a decent car. Stop capping nonsense out of ignorance abeg. Even the bills na exaggeration. Ignorant mumu

YOU MUST BE LIVING IN SOME REMOTE VILLAGE IN THE UK T0 CLAIM YOUR RENT ON A 2 BEDROOM FLAT IS £750, YOU LYING DEVIL.

TELL US THE AREA YOU LIVE, LET US FACT-CHECK THE RENT COSTS ONLINE RIGHT NOW!

I CHALLENGE YOU TO THAT!

YOU THINK YOU CAN COME IN HERE AND DECEIVE PEOPLE?

FRAUDSTER.

TELL US WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE UK!

LIAR!

2 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by HugeElephant(f): 2:40am On Feb 21
akingangan:

Oga coke is now 300.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by otokx(m): 3:26am On Feb 21
Rossikk:

YOU MUST BE LIVING IN SOME REMOTE VILLAGE IN THE UK T0 CLAIM YOUR RENT ON A 2 BEDROOM FLAT IS £750, YOU LYING DEVIL.

TELL US THE AREA YOU LIVE, LET US FACT-CHECK THE RENT COSTS ONLINE RIGHT NOW!

I CHALLENGE YOU TO THAT!

YOU THINK YOU CAN COME IN HERE AND DECEIVE PEOPLE?

FRAUDSTER.

TELL US WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE UK!

LIAR!

Interesting
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by BigYash: 5:18am On Feb 21
Felabrity:
Momoo don go convert our currency

Person dey buy phone 500 dollars (500 worth of their currency)
You dey buy your own 2 million naira (2 million worth of your currency)

Which one high pass?

Ozuor
Where is the Ozuor? Come and answer this..
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 6:08am On Feb 21
Rossikk:

MOST DEFINITELY.

You're the liar here. There are 27 countries in the EU and I have been to a few of them - I live in one. There are many countries that pay between 1000 to 2000 euros for menial jobs including overtime and you can comfortably rent a 3 bedroom for a thousand euro. Rent is the only essentials that's expensive in Europe. Other expensive things are luxuries that you don't actually need. Food is quite cheap - unless you want to start eating Nigerian. For me I spend excessively because I use Nigerian milks, Nigerian soaps and creams and most or the things I use for food and for personal care are from Nigeria. Most of these guys use whatever is available in the European country where they live. Some go to work with scooters or buy bus cards with 50 euros or a little more or less depending on the country.

What else is needed there? Wears are expensive, but majority of Nigerians get clothes from different sources including thrifts where they are sold 1 euros by charities. Why are you guys arguing with someone that is right here?

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Irupetepete: 6:27am On Feb 21
akingangan:

Earning 1000 in Europe a month is not enough to rent a room and pay the bills in most European cities.

It's like earning 100,000 in Nigeria.
and there is no electricity in Europe
There is kidnapping in Europe
Almajiri is in Europe
Banditry is in Europe
No clean water in Europe
There is no good road in Europe
I dabi enipe tie fe baje abi?

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Rossikk(m): 6:46am On Feb 21
Stephench:

You're the liar here. There are 27 countries in the EU and I have been to a few of them - I live in one. There are many countries that pay between 1000 to 2000 euros for menial jobs including overtime and you can comfortably rent a 3 bedroom for a thousand euro. Rent is the only essentials that's expensive in Europe. Other expensive things are luxuries that you don't actually need. Food is quite cheap - unless you want to start eating Nigerian. For me I spend excessively because I use Nigerian milks, Nigerian soaps and creams and most or the things I use for food and for personal care are from Nigeria. Most of these guys use whatever is available in the European country where they live. Some go to work with scooters or buy bus cards with 50 euros or a little more or less depending on the country.

What else is needed there? Wears are expensive, but majority of Nigerians get clothes from different sources including thrifts where they are sold 1 euros by charities. Why are you guys arguing with someone that is right here?

You don't know who is where or has been anywhere so shut up and stop talking rubbish and making stupid assumptions.

Do you know if I'm typing from London right now or from Paris or Brussels?

Just STFU and say your piece without assuming you know where people are typing from or their travel experience and knowledge.

Stupid idiots, once you find yourself overseas you think nobody else knows about the place or can tell you anything about it.

That he is in Europe doesn't mean he cannot lie and exaggerate, like many of them do, because of their stupid desire to feel superior to Nigerians.

I asked the animal to tell us where in the UK he is paying £750 a month on a 2 bedroom flat as he claimed, and he disappeared!

Maybe he was typing from Awka and claiming to be in the UK.

Many of you are liars and fraudsters, so get lost.

2 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by ambale(m): 7:59am On Feb 21
Stephench:

In Europe, some or my friends that get paid 1000 to 2000 euros per month pay rent from the money - rent 3 bedroom with 3 people at 1k each to their rooms. Pay bills. Eat food - food is very cheap in Europe, pay transportation. Flex a little and still have some money to send back home.

How is Nigeria cheap if the monthly salary can not buy a bag of rice?

Some of my friends have bought cars from their month salary. Some buy the newest release of iPhones and Samsung . Even before the current inflation, Nigeria has been the most expensive country to live in

Nigeria is poor and one of the leading candidate mentioned creating wealth cos we are poor and them say na lie

Imagine a situation that a country's minimum can't buy basic necessities and still save a little in a month

Even those who get 100k as salaries are still not spared

Just leave these government supporters to dey fool themselves everyday.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by ambale(m): 8:02am On Feb 21
akingangan:

If you are earning 100 thousand in Nigeria you are better off than someone earing 1000 in Europe... Because you can rent a house, eat comfortably and transport comfortably especially outside of Lagos

100k for naija?

If you talking about Jonathan era good, but this una balablu era 100k is worthless in all major cities in Nigeria

Go to abk, Ibadan, ph and other cities and confirm before saying this thing
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Lifestone(m): 8:03am On Feb 21
Macdeey:

Can someone tell this mugu to STF up ?
Why not counter him with facts !

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Cassandraloius: 8:06am On Feb 21
Oga you sure say you don suffer before?
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by EponObi: 8:13am On Feb 21
Stephench:

In Europe, some or my friends that get paid 1000 to 2000 euros per month pay rent from the money - rent 3 bedroom with 3 people at 1k each to their rooms. Pay bills. Eat food - food is very cheap in Europe, pay transportation. Flex a little and still have some money to send back home.

How is Nigeria cheap if the monthly salary can not buy a bag of rice?

Some of my friends have bought cars from their month salary. Some buy the newest release of iPhones and Samsung . Even before the current inflation, Nigeria has been the most expensive country to live in

Small small with the lamba.

If your friends are earning €1k per month in EU, they are earning minimum wage. €2k salary is even way below average - that's €24k per year.

Dey play. Your friends are among the lowest earners in EU. You self said, all the do with their salary is pay bills pay rent, pay for food, and transport,*then little flex*

Your friends are slaves in Europe. No offense. And with rate EU countries are about to enter recession and rampaging inflations, your friends are not different from folks earning #100k in Nigeria, like some rightly said.

And I won't be surprised if some of your friends were among top salary earners in Nigeria before japaing.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 8:45am On Feb 21
EponObi:

Small small with the lamba.

If your friends are earning €1k per month in EU, they are earning minimum wage. €2k salary is even way below average - that's €24k per year.

Dey play. Your friends are among the lowest earners in EU. You self said, all the do with their salary is pay bills pay rent, pay for food, and transport,*then little flex*

Your friends are slaves in Europe. No offense. And with rate EU countries are about to enter recession and rampaging inflations, your friends are not different from folks earning #100k in Nigeria, like some rightly said.

And I won't be surprised if some of your friends were among top salary earners in Nigeria before japaing.

You succeeded in saying nothing. We're talking about cost of living compared to the salaries and I deliberately used the lowest earners/the most vulnerable to give my example. I have friends that are earning hundreds of thousands of euros who are my seniors in software engineering but why should I use them as instance when the most affected by cost of living are the poorest?

And again you lie, someone earning 1k in Europe is like someone earning like 800k in Nigeria present exchange rate. Early last year's exchange rate is like someone earning 500k. You know why? Only rent is much more expensive than Nigeria and other essential commodities are on the same range.

If you're earning 100k in Nigeria, there is absolutely no way you can save 400 euros but someone earning 1k in Europe can save 400 euros. Don't argue with me if you've never lived in Europe

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by EponObi: 9:00am On Feb 21
Stephench:

You succeeded in saying nothing. We're talking about cost of living compared to the salaries and I deliberately used the lowest earners/the most vulnerable to give my example. I have friends that are earning hundreds of thousands of euros who are my seniors in software engineering but why should I use them as instance when the most affected by cost of living are the poorest?

And again you lie, someone earning 1k in Europe is like someone earning like 800k in Nigeria present exchange rate. Early last year's exchange rate is like someone earning 500k. You know why? Only rent is much more expensive than Nigeria and other essential commodities are on the same range.

If you're earning 100k in Nigeria, there is absolutely no way you can save 400 euros but someone earning 1k in Europe can save 400 euros. Don't argue with me if you've never lived in Europe

Lol. Bro, if you are earning €1k in EU, you are in the lower class in the European society.

How would even be earning €1k per per month when you are a disabled person? You are no different from someone earning #100k who lives in Nigeria. Cost + standard of living; it's not rocket science.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by olisaEze(m): 9:23am On Feb 21
"Food in Nigeria is 20 times cheaper than many other countries"

Yes, that's why the whole world is crying Ebi pami oo while Nigerians are enjoying feasting on potato leaves! grin

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Felabrity: 9:36am On Feb 21
BigYash:
Where is the Ozuor? Come and answer this..
how can you be converting a product you are buying with an unstable naira to another currency?
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 10:06am On Feb 21
Felabrity:
how can you be converting a product you are buying with an unstable naira to another currency?

It has to be unstable until it reaches where it should be.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by jamesversion: 10:15am On Feb 21
Stephench:

What sort of menial job is that. Because I know pharmacist that are paid about 3000euros a month in Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by DeOTR: 10:48am On Feb 21
Stephench:

Who's talking about living large? They live in houses that has things that only big men can afford in Nigeria and eat whatever they want and pay rent, pay bills and still have a few hundreds left each month. I live in Europe bro though I don't do menial jobs cos I'm a software engineer
We are saying the same thing. Paying a quarter of €1k monthly as rent would get you same big man experience in Nigeria, most certainly even more comfortable.
I've lived in the Baltic, 2k monthly is still below average in most European countries.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 11:33am On Feb 21
DeOTR:

We are saying the same thing. Paying a quarter of €1k monthly as rent would get you same big man experience in Nigeria, most certainly even more comfortable.
I've lived in the Baltic, 2k monthly is still below average in most European countries.

You're kidding right? How can you make a quarter of a thousand in Nigeria?
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 11:35am On Feb 21
jamesversion:

What sort of menial job is that. Because I know pharmacist that are paid about 3000euros a month in Ireland.

Well, people earn 800 in Europe doing menial jobs. People earn 3000 as well. It depends. I deliberately chose the lowest earnings possible as example. Lowest earners in Nigeria are earning 20 to 30k which is not even enough for feeding. See the point now?
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by MrPOTUS: 11:53am On Feb 21
akingangan:

You empty brain dummies.

Keep converting undecided

Equivalent kee u there
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Macdeey: 2:59pm On Feb 21
Validated:

@akingagan: Hi mugu, pls stfu as directed.
Please, stop commenting on what is beyond your academic knowledge. This I why the likes of Tinubu and Buhari could deceive you guys, and you were shouting, "on your mandate".
You need to leave your village and travel out. Your points are rusty and incoherent.
In EU and America's people are paid hourly. Go and check minimum wages. Most countries you refer to, the minimum wage rate per hour is your Nigerian monthly wage. If you earn N100k a month in Nigeria, that is someone's hourly wage rate. So, the one earning N100k per hour can decide to spend N50k a day for food and he would not know that he spend money. So stop showcasing your ignorance.
Mr. Professor tongue
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Macdeey: 3:00pm On Feb 21
akingangan:

Provide argument instead of blind lamentation.
Evidence ! Make we reach court or police station, then I go provide evidence 🧾

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Is A Failed State! / Group Challenges Jonathan, Efcc To Investigate/charge Mrs. Patience Jonathan / Security Men Foil Attack On Nnpc Towers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.