Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All (1233 Views)

Igboho On Planned Lagos Rally: Some People Threatening To Kill Us In Lagos / Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG / Elzakzaky Threatens To Return To Nigeria, Says "They Want To Kill Us Here" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by Konquest: 12:53am On Feb 22
nearline:
To be honest the whole matter don tire me. You walk into a store and ask for the price of a loaf of bread and they tell you 300 naira. You check your pocket and realise you have only 250 with you, take a walk to a POS operator and withdraw 1000 and come back in five minutes time only to get told that the 300 naira loaf has now become 400 naira. And yeah I strongly believe in what you have written here. This depopulation agenda is something these global elites have had in mind for a long time. And they have been doing everything they can to depopulate africa especially. But as e be now e be like say na global elite agenda, and nigerian elite agenda and corruption and them greed dey sup side by side wey dey cause these clusterfvck of unbearable palava wey we dey now. I am frankly tired of analysing the situation. Make magic just happen make everything solve na him i dey hope for. To be honest im not hoping for anything sef as my mind don enter static mode. Na to just dey observe i dey do nowadays.
Nicely put.
Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by sukkot: 6:19am On Feb 23
Konquest:

Very succinctly stated.

The speculative activities of middlemen and black marketers in the currency markets and food space amounts to a huge sabotage which NO decent country worldwide would accept.

Another major challenge with Nigeria is that Diaspora remittances (which estimates show amounts to 20 billion USD as of 2023) have been disrupted by money transfer apps, and cryptos (such as USDT and Binance).

Now, out of this 20 billion USD remittances, only less than 10 percent (or $2 billion USD) gets to Nigeria and finds it's way to the illegal parallel or black markets. Most Nigerian Diaspora surveyed actually have stopped sending money to their beneficiaries in Nigeria via Western Union and MoneyGram. instead Diasporans use money transfer apps to pay the sender or agent in hard currencies. The money agent then converts the money into Naira by paying into the bank account of the Diasporan or the beneficiary's bank. All these happen within 5 minutes on a mobile phone.

UPDATE: I just read on NL that there are plans to move against the crypto and binance by the CBN because of the wild price moves and manipulation of the bid and ask prices which is what the parallel market or illegal black market uses as rates for distorting the overall currency markets.

yeah am familiar with those apps like worldremit remitty justwise etc etc but even those used to operate a dollar pickup policy till 2 weeks ago. Like you can pick your money up in dollars from any banks. But notwithstanding if the money is given to you in forex or local currency just keep the remittances flowing it because it cushions the suffering and poverty in the land. It's like our unofficial welfare system are these remittances from abroad to family lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by Konquest: 11:30am On Feb 23
sukkot:
yeah am familiar with those apps like worldremit remitty justwise etc etc but even those used to operate a dollar pickup policy till 2 weeks ago. Like you can pick your money up in dollars from any banks.

But notwithstanding if the money is given to you in forex or local currency just keep the remittances flowing it because it cushions the suffering and poverty in the land. It's like our unofficial welfare system are these remittances from abroad to family lol
Very well said Sukkot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by kkins25(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23
I bought a carton of chicken tie some time ago, to my surprise, it was imported from turkey.. Even though Ghana has stable enough electricity, we'd rather buy Turkey made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by whitejs: 5:57pm On Feb 25
Konquest:

Very succinctly stated.

The speculative activities of middlemen and black marketers in the currency markets and food space amounts to a huge sabotage which NO decent country worldwide would accept.

Another major challenge with Nigeria is that Diaspora remittances (which estimates show amounts to 20 billion USD as of 2023) have been disrupted by money transfer apps, and cryptos (such as USDT and Binance).

Now, out of this 20 billion USD remittances, only less than 10 percent (or $2 billion USD) gets to Nigeria and finds it's way to the illegal parallel or black markets. Most Nigerian Diaspora surveyed actually have stopped sending money to their beneficiaries in Nigeria via Western Union and MoneyGram. instead Diasporans use money transfer apps to pay the sender or agent in hard currencies. The money agent then converts the money into Naira by paying into the bank account of the Diasporan or the beneficiary's bank. All these happen within 5 minutes on a mobile phone.

UPDATE: I just read on NL that there are plans to move against the crypto and binance by the CBN because of the wild price moves and manipulation of the bid and ask prices which is what the parallel market or illegal black market uses as rates for distorting the overall currency markets.

What app is currently ok for receiving fund pls

1 Like

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by christistruth01: 7:17pm On Feb 25
As if Nigeria doesn't have Gold which is even Stronger than the dollar
Glory be to God Almighty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by Konquest: 8:52pm On Feb 25
whitejs:

What app is currently ok for receiving fund pls
@whitejs,

What I wrote up there is about Diasporans who send remittances to Nigeria. This is done by giving a Nigerian who is a money transfer agent in the city of residence in the U.S. or UK, USD or British pounds and the agent sends the Naira equivalent to your bank account in Nigeria from his own account in Nigeria.

Alternatively, you can read through this recent NL thread link below to get a hang of the types of money transfer apps in use for receiving money by some of the remote workers.

=>https://www.nairaland.com/7994576/western-union-flagged-me-suspicious

1 Like

Re: The Dollar Has Been Weaponized And Would Be Used To Kill Us All by whitejs: 10:32pm On Feb 25
Konquest:

@whitejs,

What I wrote up there is about Diasporans who send remittances to Nigeria. This is done by giving a Nigerian who is a money transfer agent in the city of residence in the U.S. or UK, USD or British pounds and the agent sends the Naira equivalent to your bank account in Nigeria from his own account in Nigeria.

Alternatively, you can read through this recent NL thread link below to get a hang of the types of money transfer apps in use for receiving money by some of the remote workers.

=>https://www.nairaland.com/7994576/western-union-flagged-me-suspicious
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We The SW/ SS / How Senator Godswill Akpabio Misunderstood Gov Fubara's Simple Message / Video:Omolara Ran The Race Of Her Life To Win Gold For Nigeria After 30m Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.