Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff (7249 Views)

Ramatu Aliyu: Abuja Dirty Because Of Increase In Population / Atiku To FG: Halt All Flights To And From The UK / Protest In Osun Over Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fuel Price (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by chokekachy: 2:36pm On Feb 21
The Senate has asked the Federal Government to put on hold any plans to increase electricity tariff in the country.

The Senate took the position in a resolution passed in the Abuja plenary.

According to the Red Chamber, Nigerians are facing difficult times already and any move to increase electricity tariff will only worsen their burden.

It also resolved to probe the N2trillion the government says is the cost of funding subsidy.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/halt-any-plans-of-increase-in-electricity-tariff-senate-tells-fg/#:~:text=The%20Senate%20has%20asked%20the,passed%20in%20the%20Abuja%20plenary.

6 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Righthussle: 3:21pm On Feb 21
FG, Una no dey pity us?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Deivid10(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21
Corruption can not fight corruption.

The problem of Nigeria under Jonathan was Corruption it was so bad that people saw Buhari as a change
But the Dullard was so old, illiterate & Nepotic that he could not see beyond his cows.
and for a change after 8 years of backwardness, terror and destruction.

Nigeria settled for the oldest King of corruption whom is famously known for being questionable..... to come and solve their main problem(corruption).

Brace up guys.... this is just 1 of 8 years.......

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by AMAUCHESKY(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21
something big is coming

Bad addiction can reduced your level of efficiency..kick it out now with our 120days solution via my signature
Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Olarewaju89: 3:41pm On Feb 21
undecided

Increase what again

Are you people not tired of increasing the electricity tariff. Na wa oooh.

Bunch of idiots undecided

16 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Jennyclay(f): 3:41pm On Feb 21
Please Tinubu should allow Nigerians to breathe atleast for a day undecided

It’s not easy for Nigerians this period especially for single mothers, widows, orphans and even single ladies!

May God help us!!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by AqualinaXYZ: 3:41pm On Feb 21
Elidrisy20:
Make dem increase am

Aswear make them increase am make suffer choke

Since Peter Obi wasn’t able to convince us make suffer convince us

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by PlasmaTV: 3:41pm On Feb 21
Lol
A very incoherent government. Every single arm of this particular government is incoherent.

It is obvious that Tinubu doesn't know what to do with the country. It's like a man who doesn't know how to drive but enters an 18 wheeler trailer. Soon enough, he'll have a terrible accident.

APC should be deleted from our history books. Tinubu should be relegated and ostracized.

13 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Elidrisy20: 3:42pm On Feb 21
Make dem increase am

3 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Chibuzoc(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21
Raise am

2 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Lugofunds: 3:42pm On Feb 21
Only if they had sense.
Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by SoNature(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21
Why does the FG still have the power to increase power tariff? I thought that electricity supply was moved to the concurrent list!

2 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Aesthetical: 3:42pm On Feb 21
Mention one good thing that has happened to Nigeria since Tinubu was sweared in and I’ll show you dog that lay eggs

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by clockwisereport: 3:42pm On Feb 21
Unserious Senate

Unserious FG

Unserious country

Unserious people

4 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21
Dey are not talking about the hunger in the land but talking about Electricity. Oshi propro.

Our senate are senating. Very good 😏😏

2 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by BrickDevo: 3:42pm On Feb 21
End this country or sell it, after 60yrs we have shown we cannot manage the country, wonder what made them collect independent from Britain. Tueh!!

7 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Kharol1234: 3:42pm On Feb 21
something were them don increase already..

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by EreluRoz: 3:42pm On Feb 21
What a failed system . Asiwaju appointed the wrong people to work for him, I never liked his choice of appointments, I was really worried and now my worries are confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by jubrilELsudan: 3:43pm On Feb 21
DEM REALLY WANT 9JA TO BURN

2 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:43pm On Feb 21
This is not the time for such nonsense in our nation

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Dhamio(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21
If d light is constant
Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Grandbabosky(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21
Mmm

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Honestey: 3:44pm On Feb 21
Egbami which one is senate to FG? is senate not the FG itself?

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by infofta(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21
This administration will favour me and my family

2 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by nairalanda1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21
Then we would never have 24 hour light .

I mean the experts have said it, that Nigeria's problem is that the power sector is not allowed to charge a cost reflective tarrif.

So here we are..force someone to charge low prices, don't be surprised if there is big problems.

For anyone quoting me, read the article solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector.

If you don't want to believe it, I can't help thee

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by Abdoade123: 3:44pm On Feb 21
This people no dey pity the poor,despite the hardship they still wan increase electricity fee

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by BarrElChapo(m): 3:45pm On Feb 21
Increase the tariff jare.

The FG is trying their best, it's a spiritual problem according to Enoch Adeboye.

When will he be conducting the deliverance session, I hope Psts Folu and Remi will be there too.
The demon(s) may listen to them if it's a male demon(s) and it's proving stubborn for Enoch until then on the solid mandate of BAT we shall stand.

6 Likes

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by ERockson: 3:45pm On Feb 21
They dare not bring this this time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by EreluRoz: 3:45pm On Feb 21
post=128572996:
This is not the time for such nonsense in our nation
Asiwaju actually appointed the wrong people to work for him, they are just after their pockets and not how to save Nigeria from drowning. I never liked his choice of appointments

1 Like

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by AllTheWayUp: 3:46pm On Feb 21
Tinubu is a devil sent from hell fire to inflict suffering on Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To FG: Halt Any Plans Of Increase In Electricity Tariff by paskal16: 3:46pm On Feb 21
Raise am raise am,the ronus are enjoying it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Muhammadu Buhari / Dep. Gov., 21 Commissioners, 16 Assembly Members Defect To PDP In Rivers State. / Yoruba Nation...whats Your Problem With Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.