Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation (15246 Views)

FG Changes Name Of Science Ministry, Charges It With Innovation Agenda / The Inconsistency Of Allah In The Quran / Breaking: Vice President Position, South East Leaders Meeting Over Peter Obi End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by Sangoamadioha1: 11:33pm On Feb 21
Mcslize:

This is what hunger can do to someone. I believe you are typing all these out of hunger.

I won't blame you. I blame the bad government.

Go and eat nah and leave me with my hunger abi🀣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by timemotivator: 1:21am On Feb 22
chikason22:
Good
That's my president speaking facts.
Na that olodo power grabber that don't know statistics.
The ineffectual Buffon's called Tinubu is bereft of any ideas. He just want to grab power finish.

For those that didn't vote this thing in ASO Rock or supported it, God will continue to provide for US.
Amen πŸ™ πŸ™πŸ™
May hunger finish All APC apologists and supporters especially here on Nairaland
😏😏😏

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by HRMK: 6:46am On Feb 22
obi is trying to protect his chain of businesses which is mainly importation of goods!do we call him #smart or what?who is deceiving who here?
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by trutht828: 7:16am On Feb 22
PortHarcourtcit:
Mr ITK, you may be the next person to be arrested because you and abure really plundered LP and the innocent Nigerians who thought that you are there messiah...

Use your head and ask if what he said is true or not.

Nigerians can now see that your tinubu is an idiot that knows nothing about leadership.
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by tommynico(m): 7:21am On Feb 22
PortHarcourtcit:
Mr ITK, you may be the next person to be arrested because you and abure really plundered LP and the innocent Nigerians who thought that you are there messiah...

SMH for you... undecided
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by cjfavour(m): 10:49am On Feb 22
Your last paragraph is for u. Did u see where PO talked about ships using another country's port or berthing in another country due to price fluctuation you mentioned here? Why is it smart Aleck like u didn't know it can happen to Nigeria just as PO said? Defending rubbish will make u look stupid u know?
casualobserver:

People like Obi used to obtain their forex at the official rate, that’s also why he invested in a bank. That part of it (official and subsidized forex) is over for everybody so that is a mute point now. Now everybody buys forex at the same rate. Why then should some pay duty at different rates?

The question you should answer is
1) will he sell his products at a reduced rate because he paid less duty?
2) why should the country subsidize importers, especially those importing things that can be produced in the country? Why should the country subsidize the creation of jobs abroad?

You pay based on the exchange rate at the time your goods are assed for duty.. what if you buy dollars at N1500 and it rises to N1000 by the time his goods arrive, he will be asked to pay less duty. Will he complain and say no he must pay duty at N1500?

I seriously wonder all the time. Do you people have any brain cells?
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by cjfavour(m): 10:55am On Feb 22
Are you sure?
Sangoamadioha1:

Whether hunger or not, Peter Obi na bad market. Oya cry me a river 🀣
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by casualobserver: 10:55am On Feb 22
cjfavour:
Your last paragraph is for u. Did u see where PO talked about ships using another country's port or berthing in another country due to price fluctuation you mentioned here? Why is it smart Aleck like u didn't know it can happen to Nigeria just as PO said? Defending rubbish will make u look stupid u know?

You suffer from Stockholm syndrome. You are the one defending rubbish. Peter Obi is the embodiment of what has destroyed Nigeria. Rent seekers who have abused the corruption, the explicit and implicit subsidies in the system to amass wealth at the expense of local factories, jobs and the economy. Yet you come here defending him.

2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by casualobserver: 10:56am On Feb 22
cjfavour:

You suffer from Stockholm syndrome. You are the one defending rubbish. Peter Obi is the embodiment of what has destroyed Nigeria. Rent seekers who have abused the corruption and explicit and implicit subsidies in the system to amass wealth at the expense of local factories, jobs and the economy. Yet you come here defending him.

You deserve a country where he is president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by cjfavour(m): 10:56am On Feb 22
What do you call your lord then?
Sangoamadioha1:

Whether hunger or not, Peter Obi na bad market. Oya cry me a river 🀣
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by cjfavour(m): 11:07am On Feb 22
You're the one suffering from Stockholm syndrome not me that's if you know what that means. So PO amassed wealth from corruption in subsidy? A man from south east that his region has never ruled the country amassed wealth through subsidy but your ppl who has been ruling didn't amass wealth through subsidy? Make use of your grey matter naaaaa You ppl are making PO to be larger than life without knowing it. All these due to hatred?
casualobserver:

You suffer from Stockholm syndrome. You are the one defending rubbish. Peter Obi is the embodiment of what has destroyed Nigeria. Rent seekers who have abused the corruption and explicit and implicit subsidies in the system to amass wealth at the expense of local factories, jobs and the economy. Yet you come here defending him.

You deserve a country where he is president.
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by casualobserver: 11:10am On Feb 22
cjfavour:
You're the one suffering from Stockholm syndrome not me that's if you know what that means. So PO amassed wealth from corruption in subsidy? A man from south east that his region has never ruled the country amassed wealth through subsidy but your ppl who has been ruling didn't amass wealth through subsidy? Make use of your grey matter naaaaa You ppl are making PO to be larger than life without knowing it. All these due to hatred?

Everything about you and your comments comes from a place of tribe. By definition you are not objective and thinking straight. What does someone building his wealth from hidden subsidies and destroying local factories and jobs have to with tribe? Did northerners and Yorubas not do the same? I made a point that is purely economic, all your responses are tribal.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by Investortg: 11:40am On Feb 22
Misplaced priority...
PortHarcourtcit:
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by Fahd11: 11:50am On Feb 22
I wonder why people did not vote for the SDP candidate at the last presidential elections. He talked brilliantly and articulately too.
Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by luskysylver(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22
maybe u were born to speak rubbish.
PortHarcourtcit:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Senate Goes Into Closed-door Session / DSS: Hijack Of Luxury Buses Along Lokoja-Okene Road Is Fake News / Electoral Bill: Reps Minority Caucus Stages Walkout From Plenary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.