Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? (41483 Views)

How To Export Local Products From Nigeria And Make A Lot Of Profits / How To Export Local Products From Nigeria And Make A Lot Of Profits / How To Export Local Products From Nigeria And Make A Lot Of Profits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22
Love800:
What kind of food business?

Restaurant business. I kniw restaurants making nothing less than 500k per day( yes at least).

But take note: the food is very good.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by egojeny1(f): 2:32pm On Feb 22
mascot345:

If know FX very well it's not risky.. I trade only high impact news. U need to know the economic calendar. The currency must be very weak or very strong before I enter the market..

And I also track the currency..

I only stay 15 minutes in the market.. some times 3 minutes... I only look for 5 pips and I run out.

Very good stuff.
I see. I'm interested
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Prosperpr7: 2:38pm On Feb 22
Prosperpr7:
Affiliate marketing Na one good choice sha. Person just need little capital to start am too. And its profitable

If anyone is interested, DM me at +2349138250862
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Ofodirinwa: 3:37pm On Feb 22
Love800:
Catering is gradually phasing out. People now use family members and friends to cook.

Not if your catering is somehow special, but yes, Family and friends is the #1 by far. Also catering and delivering your food especially in a place with students or a lot of single men
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by austine4real(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22
Nigerfine3:

Not in the range of 2 plots. I have over 100 acre farm, it is cool

Let me give you brand New tractors and fairly used tractors at a giveaway price

1 Like

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by muyico(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22
Import electronic from China,Japan and Italy
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by mascot345: 8:40pm On Feb 22
egojeny1:

I see. I'm interested
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Aklee4994(m): 10:29pm On Feb 22
Love800:
Is there really money in laundry?
I thought they live from hand to mouth?
That’s a lie bruh 😎 Na cool cash 💰 but people belittle the hustle.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Aklee4994(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22
Sirseedorf:

Are you getting the machine or you are going to wash manually.

Aklee4994
I will give myself some standard by starting with a washing machine but the shop am looking for have already be rent out..
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by egojeny1(f): 10:51pm On Feb 22
mascot345:

U can what's app me on . I will teach you free.
But u have to be very fast in learning o.
I will also show u the high impact news and how to track it.
I will show u today trading.

I will take my number down within 12 hours.
Number saved, kindly take it down. Thanks. Will contact you
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 6:04am On Feb 23
Okay.

What about rearing the birds by myself.
Infact, is it a good move to open a poultry?
israelmao:

Connect with the owners of big poultries who rear broilers not far away from your vincity in order to save transportation cost.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 6:06am On Feb 23
Are u refering to those big spacious restaurant like sizzlers or u refering to mamaput?
blowjohn:

Restaurant business. I kniw restaurants making nothing less than 500k per day( yes at least).

But take note: the food is very good.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 6:14am On Feb 23
U said catering and delivering ur food especially in a place with students or a lot of single men. What do u mean by dat?
Ofodirinwa:

Not if your catering is somehow special, but yes, Family and friends is the #1 by far. Also catering and delivering your food especially in a place with students or a lot of single men
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by israelmao(m): 6:15am On Feb 23
Love800:
Okay.
What about rearing the birds by myself. Infact, is it a good move to open a poultry?
If you have the capital do this why not?
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 7:26am On Feb 23
Love800:
Are u refering to those big spacious restaurant like sizzlers or u refering to mamaput?

Both. I know mamaputs in abuja that make in excess of 500k.

Like in the roadside with over 15 staff in uniform sef.

The sizzler type of restaurant makes more than that daily obviously.

Sizzlers still dey benin?
And as per sizzlers, they were very good. But thru don't have the kind of crowd some restaurants in abuja have. Maybe cos of the way abuja people spend on eating.

Even some shawarma spots in abuja are like shrines. With an average of 150 customers a day.

And I know suya joints that sell more than 500 chicken suyas a day no cap. Like u will see these northerners ordering like 20 chickens at once.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 7:35am On Feb 23
Did u read that thread talking about that laundry man dat commited suicide some days ago?
Aklee4994:
That’s a lie bruh 😎 Na cool cash 💰 but people belittle the hustle.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 7:57am On Feb 23
Ok.
U talked about broilers in ur first post. Which birds are perfect for laying eggs?
israelmao:

If you have the capital do this why not?
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 8:16am On Feb 23
Ok.

I dont understand what u were trying to say in that abuja sizzlers stuff?
Concerning dat suya stuff? Do people use chicken to do suya? I thought it was cowmeat.
blowjohn:

Both. I know mamaputs in abuja that make in excess of 500k.

Like in the roadside with over 15 staff in uniform sef.

The sizzler type of restaurant makes more than that daily obviously.

Sizzlers still dey benin?
And as per sizzlers, they were very good. But thru don't have the kind of crowd some restaurants in abuja have. Maybe cos of the way abuja people spend on eating.

Even some shawarma spots in abuja are like shrines. With an average of 150 customers a day.

And I know suya joints that sell more than 500 chicken suyas a day no cap. Like u will see these northerners ordering like 20 chickens at once.

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 9:38am On Feb 23
Love800:
Ok.

I dont understand what u were trying to say in that abuja sizzlers stuff?
Concerning dat suya stuff? Do people use chicken to do suya? I thought it was cowmeat.

Was trying to describe a typical restaurant brand in abuja. Sizzlers is in Benin right?

There is chicken suya too na.

Like whole roasted chicken
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 11:49am On Feb 23
I dont reside in benin sha.

Okay. So suya business is lucrative like dis. So those aboki am seeing roasting and selling suya, they make good profit. But they usually appear like people living from hand to mouth.
blowjohn:

Was trying to describe a typical restaurant brand in abuja. Sizzlers is in Benin right?

There is chicken suya too na.

Like whole roasted chicken
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23
Love800:
I dont reside in benin sha.

Okay. So suya business is lucrative like dis. So those aboki am seeing roasting and selling suya, they make good profit. But why are they appearing like they live from hand to mouth.

They are workers. The owners are millionaires.
Mind u am not talking about the typical suya spot o. This one u will see queue eh.
Don't forget that abokis will never show that they have money. Even the bureau de change people.... They look poor too but it's either cos of their lifestyle or cos they are not the owners of the business.

So where are u that u knew about sizzlers restaurant?

I think the thing is about the population that has high purchasing power in a place( high spending power)

Abuja people spend a lot on food.

Like I know a boli and beans joint where people make orders of 10k take aways( yes I heard me right, ur normal roast plantain with beans) . Fish there is 1,500 naira for a piece, ponmo is 300, al an average order of roast plantain or yam with beans and protein can enter 3,500. Multiple that by at least 100 people.

Drinks not included yet o! .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23
Okay.
So the kind of suya spot u are talking about, is when someone who is the owner, employ people to be roasting suya inside a building or a shop. Then the owner will just be coming to supervise?
Sorry for taking too much of ur time. I want to just get something right. This will be my last post.

I reside in warri.
blowjohn:

They are workers. The owners are millionaires.
Mind u am not talking about the typical suya spot o. This one u will see queue eh.
Don't forget that abokis will never show that they have money. Even the bureau de change people.... They look poor too but it's either cos of their lifestyle or cos they are not the owners of the business.

So where are u that u knew about sizzlers restaurant?

I think the thing is about the population that has high purchasing power in a place( high spending power)

Abuja people spend a lot on food.

Like I know a boli and beans joint where people make orders of 10k take aways( yes I heard me right, ur normal roast plantain with beans) . Fish there is 1,500 naira for a piece, ponmo is 300, al an average order of roast plantain or yam with beans and protein can enter 3,500. Multiple that by at least 100 people.

Drinks not included yet o! .

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23
Love800:
Okay.
So the kind of suya spot u are talking about, is when someone who is the owner, employ people to be roasting suya inside a building or a shop. Then the owner will just be coming to supervise?
Sorry for taking too much of ur time. I want to just get something right. This will be my last post.

I reside in warri.

I was trying to explain why many of the abokis u see look like that. The main owners are ofcos the ones profiting frm it. They only provide the funds to get the business moving.

So the suya spots I described that make plenty profits are actually not so big. But they have plenty staff, up to 10 sef. And they cater for a large number of people.
U see these places, by 9.30 pm all the meat is finished. The 3 places I know in my estate , they sell hundreds of sticks of beef suya and about 300 chicken suyas. And they are damn tasty.

Av personally bought 20 for my mum's birthday before to her office. Then it was 2,200 for a chicken suya (full). Now I think it's 2500. And I think why they have not increased their prices much is cos of the volume of customers they have. Their chickens are not so big but that's the cheapest one can get. Other places sell their chicken suya for 4500,or 5k , so they pull far less crowd and sell very small amount. (Their chicken in these places are very fat and scary tho)
Obviously nigerians will prefer the cheap ones.

So the factors are:

Location... Especially the state
Freshness
How tasty
Volume of food or meat

Believe u me there are restaurants in abuja that are very useless too. Abuja people will just carry millions and build any useless restaurant with very bad patronage. It's as if they don't care or they want to launder money. I mean like a place an owner will buy for like 50 million o!

U can ask more questions no problem

1 Like

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by LincolnOnyeabor: 2:36pm On Feb 23
Sirlins:
Exchange business is the best business in the world if only you can take the risk

I can sir.

I just started my own little Crypto Vendorship business sir.

Care to throw more light on what you stated here.
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 3:45pm On Feb 23
Thankz so much.
U explained it so well. I understood every bit of it. Thanks for taking ur time.

I said dat was going to be my last question. But more questions keep coming. Thanks for giving me the go ahead to ask more. I believe dis one i want to ask, will be the last.

I want to know, between fish barbecue and chicken barbecue, which one is lucrative? Which is better?

U know why am asking all dis questions, I want to go into grilling/barbecue.
blowjohn:

I was trying to explain why many of the abokis u see look like that. The main owners are ofcos the ones profiting frm it. They only provide the funds to get the business moving.

So the suya spots I described that make plenty profits are actually not so big. But they have plenty staff, up to 10 sef. And they cater for a large number of people.
U see these places, by 9.30 pm all the meat is finished. The 3 places I know in my estate , they sell hundreds of sticks of beef suya and about 300 chicken suyas. And they are damn tasty.

Av personally bought 20 for my mum's birthday before to her office. Then it was 2,200 for a chicken suya (full). Now I think it's 2500. And I think why they have not increased their prices much is cos of the volume of customers they have. Their chickens are not so big but that's the cheapest one can get. Other places sell their chicken suya for 4500,or 5k , so they pull far less crowd and sell very small amount. (Their chicken in these places are very fat and scary tho)
Obviously nigerians will prefer the cheap ones.

So the factors are:

Location... Especially the state
Freshness
How tasty
Volume of food or meat

Believe u me there are restaurants in abuja that are very useless too. Abuja people will just carry millions and build any useless restaurant with very bad patronage. It's as if they don't care or they want to launder money. I mean like a place an owner will buy for like 50 million o!

U can ask more questions no problem
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23
Love800:
Thankz so much.
U explained it so well. I understood every bit of it. Thanks for taking ur time.

I said dat was going to be my last question. But more questions keep coming. Thanks for giving me the go ahead to ask more. I believe dis one i want to ask, will be the last.

I want to know, between fish barbecue and chicken barbecue, which one is lucrative? Which is better?

U know why am asking all dis questions, I want to go into grilling/barbecue.

Ur wlcm.
I'd take chicken barbecue over fish.
Chicken is easier to prepare than fish over fired coal.

Fish is generally more expensive to sell( frm like 5,500 over here in abuja) . Then u need to add the side dishes like chips Nd coleslaw.

I notice people that sell the most fish barbecue have already made a name or brand for themselves over time so as usual, typically, nigerians will go to them.

But I tell u, if u hang 100 chickens in one go in a serene place with very tasty rub (the combination of spices) ; 2 things: the mere fact that it's plenty will draw crowd. Nigerians love where there is plenty of same items.

Then make every thing neat... Like wear nylon gloves to pick the meat or use thongs to hold them while cutting etc.

And ofcos, chicken will preserve better than fish if it remains.

But I tell u, if u open a good place with plenty stock of chicken, u will sell all in one day especially where people who have money live like in abuja.

Something I noticed too. By 10 pm at night, those very popular chicken spots with plenty chicken have finished selling their chicken.

But the fish sellers wud still be selling and most times they have to pack the remaining home( even when they have sold a substantial amount)

Again for fish u have to deal with catfish, croaker and tilapia the 3 common ones. So u may not know which will sell more at first. But chicken is chicken.

If I were to do anything fish related, it wud be to sell the fish raw, nothing else, like in the markets.

Maybe if I get to the chicken spot tomorrow I'd snap and show u how the hausa guys use a very small spot to sell hundreds of chickens.

The chickens are arranged in a circular fashion with the fire in the center... So at any given time u can have about 50 chickens...
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23
My Goodness!
Tankz so much.
Tankz for telling me the realities of things.

But what about cowmeat suya, u have anything to say concerning it?
blowjohn:

Ur wlcm.
I'd take chicken barbecue over fish.
Chicken is easier to prepare than fish over fired coal.

Fish is generally more expensive to sell( frm like 5,500 over here in abuja) . Then u need to add the side dishes like chips Nd coleslaw.

I notice people that sell the most fish barbecue have already made a name or brand for themselves over time so as usual, typically, nigerians will go to them.

But I tell u, if u hang 100 chickens in one go in a serene place with very tasty rub (the combination of spices) ; 2 things: the mere fact that it's plenty will draw crowd. Nigerians love where there is plenty of same items.

Then make every thing neat... Like wear nylon gloves to pick the meat or use thongs to hold them while cutting etc.

And ofcos, chicken will preserve better than fish if it remains.

But I tell u, if u open a good place with plenty stock of chicken, u will sell all in one day especially where people who have money live like in abuja.

Something I noticed too. By 10 pm at night, those very popular chicken spots with plenty chicken have finished selling their chicken.

But the fish sellers wud still be selling and most times they have to pack the remaining home( even when they have sold a substantial amount)

Again for fish u have to deal with catfish, croaker and tilapia the 3 common ones. So u may not know which will sell more at first. But chicken is chicken.

If I were to do anything fish related, it wud be to sell the fish raw, nothing else, like in the markets.

Maybe if I get to the chicken spot tomorrow I'd snap and show u how the hausa guys use a very small spot to sell hundreds of chickens.

The chickens are arranged in a circular fashion with the fire in the center... So at any given time u can have about 50 chickens...

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by blowjohn(m): 5:09pm On Feb 23
Love800:
My Goodness!
Tankz so much.
Tankz for telling me the realities of things.

But what about cowmeat suya, u have anything to say concerning it?

Yes it goes very well with chicken suya.

Those popular joints I mentioned so cow suya too. In fact that one be like juju. E plenty like say to tomorrow no dey. But they make it cheap. 200 naira for the small stick and 500 naira for the big stick.

It sells very very well too. And many people will even buy both cow and chicken suya together.

Strange🤔... Am in the medical profession but answering culinary business questions like this. Maybe cos av been doing barbecue and other culinary things ever since I was in JSS 1.

For the cow suya, the stick ones are better I terms of presentation. And allows for fair pricing .

Those ones they cut frm portions can be tricky cos u may sell more or less than the price.

Just make sure ur pepper/spices combo is top taste cos that's where the secret is and not the meat( eve tho, ofcos the meat has to be fresh too and not spoilt meat like some dubious people sell).
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by stuffs4me(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23
PotatoSalad:
1. Solar installation (if you're really good at it). Even more profit if you let the installer give you quote on what to buy instead of buying them yourself.
But with the profit comes the risks.
Electrocution, falling off roof, police case with clients who don't know how to manage their system.

2. Smart home automations. This one has a target audience: The Rich. You don't get jobs frequently but the ones you get will earn you good money. Plus troubleshooting and periodic maintenance. Even better if you sabi code in python.

You just spoke the bread and butter
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by jaeyking(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23
Gandrova:
The context you are using is belittling

It is not

And never will be
Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by Love800(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23
Thanks for telling me the raw truth about what i need to know.
Thanks for exposing me to realities of things.
I thank God i met u.
Who would have told me all this things? Thanks once again.

I want to summarize you in one word or sentence. "You are the best".
blowjohn:

Yes it goes very well with chicken suya.

Those popular joints I mentioned so cow suya too. In fact that one be like juju. E plenty like say to tomorrow no dey. But they make it cheap. 200 naira for the small stick and 500 naira for the big stick.

It sells very very well too. And many people will even buy both cow and chicken suya together.

Strange🤔... Am in the medical profession but answering culinary business questions like this. Maybe cos av been doing barbecue and other culinary things ever since I was in JSS 1.

For the cow suya, the stick ones are better I terms of presentation. And allows for fair pricing .

Those ones they cut frm portions can be tricky cos u may sell more or less than the price.

Just make sure ur pepper/spices combo is top taste cos that's where the secret is and not the meat( eve tho, ofcos the meat has to be fresh too and not spoilt meat like some dubious people sell).

1 Like

Re: Tell Us One Business That Has A Lot Of Profits That People Don't Know? by MrBroke(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23
gaskiyamagana:

WHY! WHY! ! WHY! ! !
Some men love another woman TOUCHING thier body. They secretly enjoyed as a form of ROMANCE.

grin You know watsup

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros Today May 5th / Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money / Tony Elumelu's 53rd Birthday Cake (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.