Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,667 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga (15690 Views)

Nigeria's FX Crisis: What You Should Know By Kingsley Moghalu / Nigeria Is Not The First Country To Ban Crypto, Checkout 6 Other Countries / Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:42pm On Feb 21
They use cryto to laundre looted money,drug money and all sorts of illicits deals. angry CRYTO IS BAD FOR AGRIFAN ECONOMY,crypto is killing Africa economy, because African GOVTs ARE NOT SOFISTICATED TO CHECK CRYPTO CRIMES. angry ban it now.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by tobenuel(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21
Anywhere belle face govt

2 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by VinnyBaba: 8:44pm On Feb 21
See the Technocrats When dem say Tinubu Appoint. sad

Very Mumu Pple. embarassed undecided

5 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Anwons(m): 8:44pm On Feb 21
Watin dem go ban for insecurity? Misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Depriest2020: 8:44pm On Feb 21
Make them no play with me reach that side.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by leocollins(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21
When I said it that this p2p guys were the ones that cause the high in dollars in Nigeriayou guys thoughts I was joking,you see the outcome.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by vicshub(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21
I wonder how binance is now more powerful than the CBN. This government is clueless. If you like ban, nothing can stop vpn and p2p. Aje

3 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by khattab02: 8:45pm On Feb 21
Na wa ooo..

See people and government wey we think were ready and serious for the nation?

Nothing but trial and error approaches now.

Buhari u seem a bit clever than this clueless set of people now oo..

3 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by gammarays(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21
Don't be surprised Oga Bayo has Binance account where he stores USDT

2 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Babatunjo: 8:46pm On Feb 21
W
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Mccullum: 8:46pm On Feb 21
EbolaTinubu:
FOOLS banning it is not the solution to our problems

If you are still supporting this mad men in power, just submit yourself to a psychiatric home because you are not mentally Ok. You need serious help aswear

It's you talking senselessly..

You rubbish every suggestion without bringing any and still gaslighting.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by VinnyBaba: 8:46pm On Feb 21
fredsamuel1:
I wonder the kind of brain that God created this type of idiots with, imagine these fools when they were young were called the leaders of tomorrow. We are cursed in this forsaken country

APC/tunibu Supporters, plz. embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by boxypane(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21
EbolaTinubu:
FOOLS banning it is not the solution to our problems

If you are still supporting this mad men in power, just submit yourself to a psychiatric home because you are not mentally Ok. You need serious help aswear
Pls Oga know it. Explain to us the so called lost ones how we can save the Naira. Coz you clearly didn't say anything meaningful.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Dsimmer: 8:47pm On Feb 21
As I already, crypto are no different from BDC, speculators and money launderers!
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by OfficialP: 8:47pm On Feb 21
Let's allow them to ban crypto, maybe that will make them see that Crypto isn't the problem
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by toujurs: 8:47pm On Feb 21
Most youths into crypto are internet fraudsters, Efcc should go after them. And FG should ban crypto

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by StOla: 8:47pm On Feb 21
The posts here underscores what Onanuga is saying about those lamenting about the Naira.

Many lament but are actually the cheerleaders of this fall.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Patojargz: 8:47pm On Feb 21
Ds government don lost am totally...
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Mccullum: 8:48pm On Feb 21
Government should try to reason with suggestions that will safe our currency.

Nigeria will be great.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by StOla: 8:49pm On Feb 21
Mccullum:

It's you talking senselessly..

You rubbish every suggestion without bringing any and still gaslighting.

Many do not want any solution.

They are happy as things are and would attack an solution proffered.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Omalicious1: 8:49pm On Feb 21
fergie001:

Bayo Onanuga is Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to President Bola Tinubu

The respect I used to have for this man is just remaining 2MB
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Honestey: 8:49pm On Feb 21
Experimentation continues
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by boxypane(m): 8:49pm On Feb 21
Una dey shout say food n livelihood in general don cost, but you lots have no idea but to rain insults on the efforts of the government towards saving the Naira. Is bannng Bnance and Crypto platforms in view of its financial atrocities in other countries bad? I believe if it will save us N20, it's a welcome idea.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by spiSeyi: 8:50pm On Feb 21
When it was banned guys dey trade even the AGF Malami tradedgrin , the ban will do more harm to Nigeria economy if PMB had not bann the crypto trading Nigeria wouldn't be in this mess because their would be more FX liquidity in the Nigerian crypto market which will indirectly allow inflow of FX into the nation. The root cause of this FX crisis is high debt profile of Nigeria, educational tourism abroad and not diversifying the economy, Nigeria has a lot of potential in earning in tech, education l, health, agriculture and tourism.
For the short term gl.
1 PBAT should suspend the activities of BDC
2 Start trading with our major market (China) in their local currency RMB, and lets all our buyers from abroad trade with us in Naira.
3 Stop medical tourism and unnecessary travel by government officials.
4 Suspend all food exportation for at least 6 months
5 Invite foreign investors by giving tax incentives
6 Reduce VAT and increase import duties to discourage importation and encourage local production cool
In the Long run
1 fix electricity by given loans to individual or businesses to install solar powers
2 Invest heavily in agriculture, education, health and build tech hubs in major places like Aba, Ikeja , Kano and Ibadan.
3 Join BRICS
4 Full privatization of refineries

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by OfficialP: 8:51pm On Feb 21
Personally, BDC & dorm account should be banned, start from there.

Then banks should make dollar payment on behalf of their customers who needs it. Avoid selling dollar to anyone, instead make payment on their behalf. This should continue until trust is restored.

4 Likes

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Arabk25: 8:51pm On Feb 21
EbolaTinubu:
Nigeria is cursed with bad leadership.
If you expect anything good from this set of criminals, then you are a fool
I swear that's our own natural disaster
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by Inspirer1: 8:53pm On Feb 21
Hope our case is not like a drowning man who will cling at anything and everything with the hope of staying afloat.
May Nigeria win. Amen

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by bionixs: 8:53pm On Feb 21
LilyColin:
Old age no mean say make person get sense.

I no get strength to talk abeg, hungerbad☹️
yes . Because even fools grow old
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by MrCamron(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21
Crypto is not betting/gambling !!
For a layman,you may relate crypto to buying of shares as an investment,be it for long term or for a short term.

Also,no goverment in the world can ban crypto ! And the reason for that is because it is decentralized!!

The only thing or part of what government could do is to make policies to tailor and restrict the centralized exchange websites/company's. For example,the USA government restricted binance in the way it does business with her citizens,and that's why binance had to create a version of binance known as www.binance.us just to sooth the financial policies of the USA financial Authority. I think that's the most the Nigeria Government can do.

You saying a government will take down crypto is basically you saying a government will shut down the internet !!

And truly,if internet cease to exist,then crypto will also cease to exist,because crypto is built on the backbone of Blockchain technology,which is built on the backbone of the internet,just like emails and the rest.

No one should panic to withdrawal his/her funds from any of the exchanges,just look out for announcements and update from them.

Like me,I have non-custodial wallets which I use, I use coinomi especially because they have relative good fees. But I can't do without custodian wallets/exchanges like binance because I trade (futures trading) derivatives market especially,though i trade Spot markets too. But the former is more lucrative and more risky,you just need to understand and apply risk management strategies at all time and also put your greed on check 24/7.

Just as in cash money,there are many use cases for crypto too,cash money is used by the same oil and gas gurus for fraud,the same goes to politicians and the likes,hence crypto is not left out. Or have we ever heard that crypto was transported via bullion van to any politician house? Or Abacha use crypto nii?
Emefiele nko?

I'm an early bitcoin adopter since 2013,that's when I created my first wallet with blockchain.info, I think they are now blockchain.com. Then,most of the P2P trades happended ONLY on bitcointalk forum,which is the first ever website created for the propagation of bitcoin.

In 2016,I made a profit of more than 300 million naira with an investment of 5 million naira on some shit coins via cryptopia.co.nz , a website that was latter hacked that same year. I still had some coins there when the hack occurred.

Everyday,I spent more than 15 hours analysing trade pairs on futures trading.

For those of us who still think crypto is majorly scam or for scamming or for yahoo yahoo to client thing,please you are wrong. You need to have an open mind as regards crypto.

Also,try to read stories and Google about young crypto billionaires. Also please read about how CZ the founder of binance sold his house and used the money realised to invest on crypto.Now the rest is history !!

Blessings !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by KushLyon(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21
Crypto should be banned in our country or else this bleeding of our currency will continue unabated.

They want to re-ban it? grin bunch of clowns
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by israelmao(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21
Crypto ban will not save Nigerian economy CBN must check trajectory of its monetary implementation policies.
Re: FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga by texannaija: 8:58pm On Feb 21
Dem no know BanCe abi.

Very “Yeye” people….

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Grow Your Whatsapp Contact List To Gain Thousands Of Status Views / Where can I get attachments and Weavons @ Wholesale Price? / Detailed Guide: How To Register As An Uber Driver in Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.