Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times (35887 Views)

Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times / FG Blocks Mobile Payment, Telecoms Network Access To Online Loan Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Killermamba: 5:29am On Feb 22
gaby:
Clutching at straws...

Make dem go block VPNs too na

Dull, brainless people in power.
Yes na, leave them if you know you know
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by AroundYou: 5:36am On Feb 22
VeeVeeMyLuv:
On Tuesday, Binance disabled sell option for its Nigerian users, blocking them from selling fiat currency, USDT, on the platform. It also capped the buy option to $1802 for Nigerian users.

It also disabled purchase of cryptocurrencies via P2P for its Nigerian users, leaving those who might want to sell their crypto assets such as Bitcoin, BNB, Ethereum via P2P stuck.

Lies, which Binance are you using? Binance from the moon I guess
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by agentarcher(m): 6:01am On Feb 22
StOla:

Many like you actually do not want a solution.

You just yap day and night hungry for more economic downfall.

You think people are really fighting for a better Nigeria or their pocket? Why is that there is high crime among Nigerians abroad? There are good Nigerians who want a better country, but society usually call them mumu.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by LegacyB: 6:02am On Feb 22
StOla:

Many like you actually do not want a solution.

You just yap day and night hungry for more economic downfall.
Omo! The rate at which some Nigerians are so happy about this economic mess you’ll think it increases their net value. They know themselves. Conduct another “erection” today . Your candidate would still loose.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by AerialMapper: 6:13am On Feb 22
It was the centralised exchanges that approved 23 trillion naira illegally?

It was Binance that printed 23 trillion with nothing to show for it?

The architects of the disaster befalling us are all there within the APC!... But Binance is the enemy.

When they are ready, they should ask Buhari and his cronies what happened. Till then... Keep chasing shadows

Shout out to the miscreants who supported the almighty PMB on this platform. Special shoutout to Leo, Manna, Morgstreme and all the other fufu patriots who were here with the fufu-filled brains supporting a buffoon.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by ABC101FF: 6:28am On Feb 22
I'm not in anyway in support of the clueless mandate thief but any dollar found on anyone or anywhere should be converted at the rate of N1 to a dollar and the converted amount remited to the owners.
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Fibonacci88: 6:37am On Feb 22
I told my friend yesterday that this move will have significant effect than all the nonsense memo CBN has been circulating. Black market ppl peg Thier rates from binance. My aboli friend who does bdc told me. With this threat to ban Binance a lot a usdt holders will offload Thier usdt which will lead to the drop in price and black market. It goes beyond politics or who u voted for. I didn't vote APC and will never I am a strong hater of the party here on nairaland. But at this point we must put in effort to stabilize our economy. I earn in dollars once a while but it doesn't make sense when u go to the market and price of goods have skyrocket by over 50%. On Monday I bought a bag of rice for 70k Nigerian rice the foreign one I usually buy was 95k and wasn't even available. It was very painful when I think of those who can't even afford a cup of rice as a result of this continuous price increase caused by dollar rise.

4 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by RockyEyo(m): 6:39am On Feb 22
Dare I say that those using this apps are really slippery to deal with..... it takes more to stop them
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Caleycash(m): 6:43am On Feb 22
Elliotwaveforec:
Way to go! Action President.
You are a BIG FOOL, what concerns crypto that most countries are using with this country's useless economy?

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Inosky(m): 6:49am On Feb 22
During APC's presidential primary, Tinupooo used tens of thousands of dollars to bribe delegates to win that primary. Where did he get the dollars? Oga is like a big thie.f chasing after small thie.ves. Politicians like your Tinupooo have hard dollar/foreign currencies and billions of Nigeria packed in the cubicles and warehouses. Those are the major problem of Nigeria and Naira's free fall. They mop up any dollar pumped into the economy with billions of stolen naira to gain more when scarcity increases. The Nigerian crypto people will still have their ways to trade and maneuver, what you need to do is to caught off the internet into the country if you want achieve result.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by ponishah: 6:55am On Feb 22
References1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/670511-forex-crisis-nigerian-govt-blocks-binance-octafx-coinbase-others.html?fbclid=IwAR0KcvS7CTaFAcMsoeNnhW2YRLqNMrGdugb_c3Wf5_1bHB6yyLgeYXdrq6g

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/8007407/forex-crisis-fg-plans-clampdown
Hmmm, keep chasing shadow Nigerian govt.
Watch as naira continues to nose dive, deceptive government.
Politicians should stop illegal printing of naira which they use to buy dollars and pounds and euros, which they hoard in their houses for their grand children.

Secondly, they should open borders to allow essential goods to flow in and out, you will see rice and cement prices fall yakataa and economy go adjust. Our problem is indiscriminate and uncontrolled and mischievous increase of prices by producers and the worst are retailers.
When producers add N50 to a pack of 12 plastic coke for example, the Nigerian retailers add N50 naira to each plastic coke, retailers and government are our worst enemies.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by GoodSpirit: 6:58am On Feb 22
eteebanky1:
This is commendable

I totally support this ban

This same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetency

Fools

Nice one from the government

Is there anything wrong with people trading crypto? Emotions ridden thought process.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lexy2014: 7:02am On Feb 22
RodgersAkpafu:

I'll give you a hint

23 trillion naira

how is that excess liquidity and how does it affect the value of the naira?
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by GoodSpirit: 7:03am On Feb 22
gratiaeo:

Where did the foolish Tinubu get the dollar he shared during APC primary? Anybody hoarding dollars learned it from Tinubu

Some of these guys don't reason, what do you expect? The amount of dollars that man shares during the elections have never been seen in Nigerian elections from independence to date, it was a monumental event.

See how they are commenting as if the babablue is an innocent man.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Acidosis(m): 7:09am On Feb 22
StOla:
Good!

A country that does not know economic security will learn the hard way like Nigeria is doing now.

Nigeria needs to reach out and learn from countries that have mastered the art of economic control and economic security.

In Nigeria anything goes.

Some even think it is their fundamental right to save up dollars inside Nigeria.

Left to me anyone who is not getting foreign remittances into their domiciliary account, should have any dollars they have stacked up till now, converted at a rate of $1 = N1.

If you have stacked up $20,000 within Nigeria, my government will convert it to N20,000 for you.

It is obvious you have more than enough to be contributing to the economic terrorism that is going on within the country, so we will help you with a conversion tax that will make you love your own Naira.

Na now the government begin wake up that you do not show mercy to wicked Nigerians.

You should have given this advice to Seyi when he took $11m to the US to buy a mansion na. What kind of work is he into?

Kenyamo was a Nigerian Minister when he also took over 100m USD to buy an apartment in the U.S.

Why did you not advise the government to convert his USD 200m to Naira?

Una go learn the hard way! Continue to pamper wicked politicians who started this madness.

We were in this country together when these cra.zy individuals were buying loyalty and votes with USD notes before the primary elections. And you think the youths are senseles s?? Lol. The more they ban, the lower they go.

An average 25 year old Upwork worker in Nigeria earns more USD than a lazy Senator who only relies on constituency monies in Naira. But somehow, even Abuja allocation-dependent governors with no brain have more USD stashed up somewhere in their households. How dem get am?

No go secure your finance and household, dey m.umu yourself. You think these political vaga. bonds and lun atics care about you?? I hope you don't learn the hard way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Difrent: 7:16am On Feb 22
gaby:
Clutching at straws...

Make dem go block VPNs too na

Dull, brainless people in power.

To what ends ?
This is the way to go
Most P2P traders are speculators.
Buhari did the right thing by restricting binance and others
Una just no wan make economy improve so that you will make queer profits ....y'all will be burnt

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by GoodSpirit: 7:19am On Feb 22
nyabinghi:
they are igbos

Why are bigots too many on this platform?

Are you guys not tired? You think anyone who does crypto must be from one ethnic group you loathe?

You need help.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by sonofthunder: 7:25am On Feb 22
tuoyoojo:

What humans need to thrive in dire times Is hope.

Hope based on concrete steps.

Look at the body language of the government and let's tell ourselves the truth. Does it give hope.

It approved 160m for lawmakers to purchase cars, spent billion for hajj, removed subsidy without any cushions for the masses.

A government that knows where its going to would have established manufacturing industries, improved power, invested in agriculture, beefed up security, tried top corrupt personnel giving them speedy trial and appropriate punishment for serve as deterants to others, cut down costs of government etc

If they have done a few of these things and tell people to have hope and give it one year for it to start yielding dividends people would endure but have we seen any of these yet

Instead we see them living large while telling people to endure. WHY?!!

its knee jerk response we see.

Let the government go after corrupt politicians and bank CEOs but alas they cannot shit where they eat

The fact that you aren't wrong doesn't mean you are right. Nigeria has fallen into a sorry state and all of these were inevitable regardless of whosoever took over. I told those around that cared to listen even before the primaries that doom and gloom awaited us after the elections. The FG had no reasonable way to implement these give the way the country has progressively deteriorated especially after Obasanjo's régime.

I just don't know where the lowest point will be. That's my biggest discouragement.

Don't get me wrong, I never supported the manner in which subsidy removal and many of these policies were implemented
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:30am On Feb 22
tensazangetsu20:
I don't want to sound tribalistic but is the best the westerners can offer to Nigerians. This is the first time in Nigeria's history, that everything is owned by people from the west and everything is sinking rapidly.
That shows you that any gift built on tribal identity or supremacy can't progress.
It's just like Buhari like Tinubu
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by lastkingsman: 7:45am On Feb 22
tensazangetsu20:

🥱🥱🥱🥱

So you have truly joined drug cartel? grin

No wonder you are now looking fresh grin
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by chichima67791: 7:47am On Feb 22
This is commendable I totally support this banThis same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetencyFoolsNice one from the governmentThis is commendable I totally support this banThis same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetencyFoolsNice one from the government...

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by dreamxhaser: 7:53am On Feb 22
Acidosis:

You should have given this advice to Seyi when he took $11m to the US to buy a mansion na. What kind of work is he into?

Kenyamo was a Nigerian Minister when he also took over 100m USD to buy an apartment in the U.S.

Why did you not advise the government to convert his USD 200m to Naira?

Una go learn the hard way! Continue to pamper wicked politicians who started this madness.

We were in this country together when these cra.zy individuals were buying loyalty and votes with USD notes before the primary elections. And you think the youths are senseles s?? Lol. The more they ban, the lower they go.

An average 25 year old Upwork worker in Nigeria earns more USD than a lazy Senator who only relies on constituency monies in Naira. But somehow, even Abuja allocation-dependent governors with no brain have more USD stashed up somewhere in their households. How dem get am?

No go secure your finance and household, dey m.umu yourself. You think these political vaga. bonds and lun atics care about you?? I hope you don't learn the hard way.

That guy na big fool no matter his age.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by MrPADDY(m): 7:54am On Feb 22
livinbygrace:

Most of you shouting vpn,socks,rdp,i pray you encounter Nigerian police,then you will explain the difference btw you and yahoo boys.
Una never know anything,Those tools are mainly used by spammers/hackers.

FG isn't banning digital currency business in Nigeria. FG isn't telling citizens to stop crypto transactions. It's only blocking access to cryptocurrency sites due to dollar crisis.
Let the poor breath!!!!!
Everything digital isn't yahoo yahoo. Living by grace, doesn't mean knocking off your senses.

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by pacespot(m): 8:24am On Feb 22
StOla:
Good!

A country that does not know economic security will learn the hard way like Nigeria is doing now.

Nigeria needs to reach out and learn from countries that have mastered the art of economic control and economic security.

In Nigeria anything goes.

Some even think it is their fundamental right to save up dollars inside Nigeria.

Left to me anyone who is not getting foreign remittances into their domiciliary account, should have any dollars they have stacked up till now, converted at a rate of $1 = N1.

If you have stacked up $20,000 within Nigeria, my government will convert it to N20,000 for you.

It is obvious you have more than enough to be contributing to the economic terrorism that is going on within the country, so we will help you with a conversion tax that will make you love your own Naira.

Na now the government begin wake up that you do not show mercy to wicked Nigerians.

I agree with you, Nigerians are desperately and wickedly corrupt. Just imagine CBN giving Dollar loans to individuals at the expense of the country's forex reserve. CBN that is supposed to be responsible for your monetary and fiscal policies to protect you from exploitation by these commercial banks is now doing currency racketeering with them. It is a sad state of affair in the country, especially when power is in the hands of Northerners who don't respect Nigerian Constitution.
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by ABBkelvin(m): 8:26am On Feb 22
Hoelujohn:

Dey play! I give you update you dey doubt.
don't mind them, tech illiterate them
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by AroundYou: 8:27am On Feb 22
2Radii:
ur first paragraph is what I am talking abouts

It won't have much effect on Nigeria so far vpn assumes they are not trading in Nigeria.

We are on same side bro.

I am also attacking those saying vpn to the rescue. If u use vpn and ur vpn says u re in France then it won't affect Nigeria because we belive u re trading from France so its still a win for the government.

Now imagine, this same dollar is currently trading for 1600 now dropping from 1980 just within two hours ooh

You are wrong. Even if you VPN states that you are in the UK, as long as you are trading USDT/Naija Currency, it will still be affecting Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by morgstreme: 8:30am On Feb 22
AerialMapper:
It was the centralised exchanges that approved 23 trillion naira illegally?

It was Binance that printed 23 trillion with nothing to show for it?

The architects of the disaster befalling us are all there within the APC!... But Binance is the enemy.

When they are ready, they should ask Buhari and his cronies what happened. Till then... Keep chasing shadows

Shout out to the miscreants who supported the almighty PMB on this platform. Special shoutout to Leo, Manna, Morgstreme and all the other fufu patriots who were here with the fufu-filled brains supporting a buffoon.

Juvenile slowpoke..

I see your experience in life is one of your drawbacks..

Nigeria was like Dubai before 2015..

The military regimes had no hand in Nigeria being where it is today..the PDP from 1999 has no hand in what's happening with Nigeria today..

Even ordinary citizens that have no morals or home training have no hand in the happenings in Nigeria today..

It's just Buhari and his people/followers that MUST be blamed for all the myriad of issues facing this nation..

Clap for yourself..

Dingbat!
Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by djacob(m): 8:38am On Feb 22
This is the most clueless administration so far.
So the President don't have a genuine plan to rescue the Economy except someone drop an idea that is not even verifiable on Social media.

1 Like

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by dreamxhaser: 8:39am On Feb 22
I supported BAT and PMB before. But now eh, I just realised no one can help Nigeria except GOD.

See as all those Tinubu boys dey support ban on Binance. Haba! Something that a lot of youth are using to hold their body in these hard times?

Why don't you advise them to go after the politicians looting the country dry.

Our politicians who are paid in naira have more dollars stashed somewhere than the average tech bro, content creators, YouTube, and other legit guys that are helping to economy.

3 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by AerialMapper: 8:49am On Feb 22
morgstreme:

Juvenile slowpoke..

I see your experience in life is one of your drawbacks..

Nigeria was like Dubai before 2015..

The military regimes had no hand in Nigeria being where it is today..the PDP from 1999 has no hand in what's happening with Nigeria today..

Even ordinary citizens that have no morals or home training have no hand in the happenings in Nigeria today..

It's just Buhari and his people/followers that MUST be blamed for all the myriad of issues facing this nation..

Clap for yourself..

Dingbat!

Please let us talk about the last 8 years... What do you have to say about the PMB administration? After this we can discuss about the 8 years prior to this and the 40 years before this.

I'm glad you have implicitly agreed that the government that you supported with your whole heart failed if not you wouldn't lump them with the PDP and the military.

My guy, we watched you bend over and open up your arse for the last administration and you should be very ashamed of yourself.

I really hope you can respond on the performance of your president in the last 8 years and put aside your genetic disposition to insult your father online

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by F1F2F3: 9:15am On Feb 22
eteebanky1:
This is commendable

I totally support this ban

This same people trading crypto are the same unfortunate people blaming the government for incompetency

Fools

Nice one from the government

You're an idiot. Can you please explain how those trading in crypto are the problem of the country?
If you can't I suggest you just stay where you are and be in your peace, not coming here and saying nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:30am On Feb 22
MrPADDY:

FG isn't banning digital currency business in Nigeria. FG isn't telling citizens to stop crypto transactions. It's only blocking access to cryptocurrency sites due to dollar crisis.
Let the poor breath!!!!!
Everything digital isn't yahoo yahoo. Living by grace, doesn't mean knocking off your senses.
Some of the Almighty super power currency such as CHF is not there

So what exactly is NGN doing on that app?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rental Business - How Profitable? / Bill Gates Plays With Roger Federer, Tennis Legend (Photos) / Bill Gates Steps Down From Microsoft Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.