Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume (21054 Views)

Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman / Tinubu Presented An Empty Budget Box - Jaafar Jaafar / Amaechi: Wike Is Benefitting From His Political Misjudgments- Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by inoki247: 12:07pm On Feb 22
Lpl
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by atobs4real(m): 12:07pm On Feb 22
He just said this, later he will change the interpretation that the whole thing didn't favor FG
But what is the implications to the masses?
Evil doers

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Edipet(m): 12:07pm On Feb 22
Dumb senator

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by tctrills: 12:08pm On Feb 22
Firstorderwizard:
Let me assume Sen. Ndume was misquoted because I don't believe this is coming from a Nigerian Senator shocked

Even a Primary school drop out knows better for a country whose import is far more than the export
The importation is mostly made by private businesses and not the federal government's budgets.
On the other hand, government projects such as roads are paid for in naira.
Salaries are paid for in naira.
So yes, it could be quite profitable for the government.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:09pm On Feb 22
Illiterate northern politician doesn`t knw that inflation will still eat up a large chunk of the naira.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Mccullum: 12:09pm On Feb 22
Our politicians are very cunny and manipulative. I'm expecting some one to debunk his Nigeria budget dollarization analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Chucks13: 12:09pm On Feb 22
This Ndume go die of heart attack las las.

He have been blabla-blublu and he has be constantly ignored and he will commit suicide soon because the pain is too much for him to bear.

Obidunce food don set oya start your wailing and crying.....
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Brushstrokes20: 12:09pm On Feb 22
Yes o!.. # more LOOT for self serving poliTHIEFcians and cohortsπŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―
The shyyythole is a stupid joke πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Beautifulday: 12:10pm On Feb 22
press9jatv:
No be Wahala be this nii. Where’s Cardoso that keeps on harassing the BDC operators

I thought they said our crude oil has been sold on credit? I don't understand these people again.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by iammolise(m): 12:11pm On Feb 22
Rubbish!!! lipsrsealed

When they're trying to steal money or when they've crippled the economy they look for big grammar and crazy compound words to explain total nonesense.
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by yewit37486: 12:12pm On Feb 22
Chucks13:
This Ndume go die of heart attack las las.

He have been blabla-blublu and he has be constantly ignored and he will commit suicide soon because the pain is too much for him to bear.

Obidunce food don set oya start your wailing and crying.....

Oh, we didn't realise Ndume = Obi. Until you call Obi multiple times a day even in threads that don't concern him, you won't be okay. Face the topic and stop all this whataboutism. Nonsense.

@ topic, as for Ndume, let him continue crying. He seems to have been doing a lot of that lately. Double nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Jeje247: 12:12pm On Feb 22
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Ndume has been firing on all cylinders lately.

He is just acting as if he is a new elected senator.

In other words, Ndume is telling us that as dollars goes up, Nigeria government is very happy, while the masses a left to gnash their teeth in penury.

You can now see the game plan. They don't care about the masses. The funny thing is that almost half of the budget will be looted.

Government defenders over to you.
The point actually. They will have excess money to loot while you continue wailing in anguish
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by press9jatv: 12:13pm On Feb 22
Beautifulday:

I thought they said our crude oil has been sold on credit? I don't understand these people again.
seriously I don’t understand them again. Naira has gone up again. Last last, Cardoso will be pelted with sachets water for destroying Nigeria economy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by seguno2: 12:13pm On Feb 22
Firstorderwizard:
Let me assume Sen. Ndume was misquoted because I don't believe this is coming from a Nigerian Senator shocked

Even a Primary school drop out knows better for a country whose import is far more than the export

This is not about balance of trade.
It is about government revenues that are earned mostly in dollars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by israelmao(m): 12:13pm On Feb 22
Of course most of the political elites are the biggest beneficiaries of unchecked rising in dollar against naira.Ndume should be ashamed to have served as a senator under Buhari-led government fiscal discipline and accountability.
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22
Okay
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Skillsnigeria: 12:14pm On Feb 22
Hmmm
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Jamesclooney: 12:14pm On Feb 22
Inflation makes everyone poorer, both rich or poor, Govt or private businesses. The poor are worse hit with runaway inflation. It is in Govt interest to control inflation and stabilize the system. For example, all construction projects will ask for variation or the project will be abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by FireUpNow(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22
Who doesn't know this? I pity those who come online to be saying that the govt should clamp down on BDC operations and crypto. The govt is behind the scene playing Godfather because the gains are coming in dollars. Please online warriors don't be fooled, Tinubu is a complete street man to the core and knows how to play the mafia way

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by ifyain: 12:15pm On Feb 22
I think this guy do not understand what is happening, I will give him a simple example, I was in Nigeria in December, pound was 1400 , I bought five bags of cement at N5,500 and today pound is 2,323 I bought the same five bags of cement at N13,500. you see that I can only buy the 3.7 bags with the same amount so I lost out. These guys are fools and should never be in government. I am privileged to be in England but what about those receiving salaries in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Badgers14: 12:15pm On Feb 22
That's silly from the government because the government is tricking themselves.

They will end up paying contractors for the projects in Dollars so what's the savings?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by seguno2: 12:16pm On Feb 22
mobileboy:
This are the mumu we have in government

Mumu Ndume

Crude oil earning has always been in dollar why make it look like it's starting today

The crazy rise in dollar rate started with cluelessly incompetent Tinubu.

Do you know who the mumu is now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Chummynoni(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22
tctrills:

The importation is mostly made by private businesses and not the federal government's budgets.
On the other hand, government projects such as roads are paid for in naira.
Salaries are paid for in naira.
So yes, it could be quite profitable for the government.
what do you mean it would be profitable for the government? Who is government? What is government? The primary aim of government policies must always be the welfare of the masses. With what this man said, he made a blunder and no person with indepth knowlege of Economics would say this.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Jeje247: 12:18pm On Feb 22
mobileboy:
This are the mumu we have in government

Mumu Ndume

Crude oil earning has always been in dollar why make it look like it's starting today

if a barrel was sold for 1000 dollars before, that would be around 500,000 naira last year. This year, it would be worth around 1,800,000 at current exchange rate.

Question is whether the CBN or NNPCL keeps these funds stored in dollar. Besides it would come to nothing if they are to commence repayment of foreign loans
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Owopumpy: 12:19pm On Feb 22
Simple truth
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by MrBroke(m): 12:21pm On Feb 22
My wish is for me to be among those benefiting in every crisis. Nothing concern me again o
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Chucks13: 12:21pm On Feb 22
yewit37486:

Oh, we didn't realise Ndume = Obi. Until you call Obi multiple times a day even in threads that don't concern him, you won't be okay. Face the topic and stop all this whataboutism. Nonsense.

@ topic, as for Ndume, let him continue crying. He seems to have been doing a lot of that lately. Double nonsense.

Bulaba Bulubalabala
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Jostoman: 12:24pm On Feb 22
123yes:
We all know that that the government is in the know of these hike just in the guise to make money to finance the budget.
this is the strategy those crook government always use whenever they want to increase fuel price and na wetin go make our protest fast be that. Wicked government
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by tobenuel(m): 12:24pm On Feb 22
Ndume NL residents APC (EVIL) defenders are coming for you. you just attacked their demigod. oh sorry, your from core north, I don't think they will be bold enough to come after you
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by LeeSmart: 12:24pm On Feb 22
Dis senator Ndume don dey too talk these days oo.
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Jostoman: 12:24pm On Feb 22
Wicked government.
Re: Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume by Obviouslyblunt: 12:26pm On Feb 22
Nigeria is benefiting, meaning them, while Nigerians are suffering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ / Okorocha And Wife Carted Away 67 Vehicles - Task Force Alleges / Massacred Miners: Enugu Commemorates 70th Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.