Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ (21065 Views)

Re: Tinubu Others, Kill Kogi Guber Candidate -Okorocha / I'm Not Dead, Obuah Gej's Ex CSO - Pic / 2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by FSU: 3:30am On Jun 26, 2012
NORTH Vs JONATHAN: Ex-Generals, others plot against president • Meet in Abuja on how to unseat him in 2015

By: ADE ALADE, Abuja

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The scope of the plot to unseat the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government headed by President Goodluck Jonathan in the next presidential election was on Monday night broadened in Abuja, where top northern leaders held a meeting with former governor of Lagos State and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Jonathan

advertisement

The meeting, which had in attendance former heads of state from the North as well as retired military officers, like ex-National Security Adviser (NSA), General Aliyu Gusau and former ministers, is coming on the heels of a similar one between Tinubu and Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) presidential candidate in the last general election, General Mohammadu Buhari, in Lagos and Kaduna.

One of the northern leaders, who attended the Abuja meeting, told Saturday Sun: "The meeting was an informal one held to woo the former Lagos governor, Asiwaju Tinubu and discuss possibilities of extending the frontiers of cooperation and collaboration between the people of the North and the South West people ahead of the next election.

"The meeting was also called to broaden whatever discussion is ongoing between Asiwaju Tinubu and the CPC leader, General Buhari because the North cannot afford to gamble with the 2015 election chance, in the face of what the region is going through under the Jonathan administration. Our people have been ruined and as leaders, we are pained over what the present government is doing to the North.

"The only opportunity we have is a democratic change of the situation and that can be achieved through seeking partnership with a formidable opposition party leader, like Asiwaju Tinubu and the South West people who have a record of embracing progressive change."

He said that the meeting was "held over dinner to underscore the convivial mood at the discussion."

It was further gathered that none of the leaders at the meeting spoke about any personal ambition, but rather, "they all emphasised the need for change, irrespective of which section of the country produces the next president."

A northern leader, who attended the meeting told Saturday Sun: "For most of us at the meeting, we have put behind us our past ambitions of ruling the country, but we are all united and committed to a change of the present arrangement. And to buttress selflessness and sincerity of purpose on this matter, we made it clear that our desire for change is not out of desperation to have the North reclaim the presidency because we are ready to even support a better candidate from any other zone, including the South West."

Though no names of likely candidates to support came up at the meeting, a former minister at the meeting disclosed that a repeat of the 1993 Social Democratic Party (SDP) arrangement is on the minds of most of those at the meeting.

"We didn't discuss this, but it is obvious that the North wouldn't mind to persuade the former Lagos governor to vie for the presidency, while we get someone, like the CBN governor to run as his deputy or vice versa. The Muslim-Muslim ticket wouldn't be an issue once the candidates are sellable to the two sides of the divide. Nigerians are only interested in good governance and not religion. We have had a similar arrangement in the past with the Abiola and Kingibe ticket that swept the polls across the country. So, the same thing is still possible," the former minister disclosed.

The consideration of the CBN governor is hinged on the view that "he will be a good candidate that will appeal to the Buhari crowd and also blend with other interest groups from the North."

It will be recalled that Buhari and Tinubu had, after a political meeting in Kaduna about two weeks ago, flown in the same plane from Kaduna to Kano and drove in the same car from the Aminu Kano International Airport to the emir's palace, where the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, was being installed the Dan Majen Kano.

Copyright of The Sun Publishing Limited. All Rights Reserved. Website by KHS Media

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jun/23/503.html
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by DuduNegro: 3:50am On Jun 26, 2012
Everything hinges on PDP surviving the political storm. Their calculations have shown that PDP is dead. They don't want to die with it. Their attempt is an open admission of their vulnerability - political and economical. There is so much chaos everywhere except in the West. The reference to progressive ideas from the West is a search for orderliness and leadership . . .the West sector is a lifeline and they need a rescue in the North.

This is a bargaining chip that Tinubu must use, acting in synch with Yoruba leadership and obtaining concessions. I trust my man to set the priorities right.

5 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by jumobi1(m): 4:01am On Jun 26, 2012
I think I might run for president. If my opponents are GEJ and Tinubu and Nigerians are not stupid then I should win. Why do we have pathetic options during elections?
We need a fresh face.

7 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by DuduNegro: 4:07am On Jun 26, 2012
Tinubu is a negotiator, he will not be a candidate. As ACN leader and since ACN controls West, he was the natural point-of-contact to begin the negotiations with. Stay calm and watch events unfold pal.

6 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by jumobi1(m): 4:15am On Jun 26, 2012
I honestly heard they want to try Rochas and Tinubu.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by OAM4J: 4:27am On Jun 26, 2012
Tinubu will not be a candidate, he will rather be a kingmaker than be the king.

1 Like

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by DuduNegro: 4:38am On Jun 26, 2012
I dont know anything out of the East, I can only speak to events in West. Tinubu is hard to read, very discreet. . . .nut I can tell you that if this cooperation goes through, whoever becomes the President will be executing the West's playbook. The set of Governors we currently have in ACN are social radicals. . . .agents of change, their results prove it! They have nothing to loose but everything to gain. Standing behind Tinubu, it will be North's call to accept or backdown. But Nigeria is more than just West and North, there will need to be a third leg to hod it together. That third leg will come out of SE/SS. It will be either or, not both. Unfortunately with GEJ's poor accomplishments cheered on by his kinsmen, it will be hard to recognize SS as an abode for positive change. So the Rochas rumor might have a possibility of truth in it.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by DuduNegro: 4:42am On Jun 26, 2012
OAM,

. . .excatly my thoughts as well. This is a once in lifetime opportunity but he has baggages that will be liabilities for him. He might be asked to step aside for a more viable Yoruba candidate to run.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by 9javoice1(m): 6:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Whenever one keep aside a winning strategy, it simply mean that he is out for luck and chance.
Rochas or Ngige with Ribadu or another middle beltan(not core northerner). That ticket will be victorious ticket.

But the dream of muslim/muslim ticket yoruba and core north is time bomb in the making.
with the situation of nigeria now, you still invent muslim/muslim ticket ok oooo.

Next thing now core north and sw will be saying it's igbos that do this and that to them,
wise up now and see the blunder your inventing. anyway "I will harden the heart of Fero ..." says the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by walton1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Selfish politicians thinking about only power and not the masses they are only concerned about there personal interest.
Tinubu the crook how come all is wealth?

4 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Beaf1: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
Who said there will be Nigeria in 2015? The way things are now nobody is sure if Nigeria will survive next year. Unless Boko Haram is taimed, by 2015 they will be contesting, winning, and be ruling only over their sorry a$$es.

1 Like

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Beaf: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
9ja voice: Whenever one keep aside a winning strategy, it simply mean that he is out for luck and chance.
Rochas or Ngige with Ribadu or another middle beltan(not core northerner). That ticket will be victorious ticket.

But the dream of muslim/muslim ticket yoruba and core north is time bomb in the making.
with the situation of nigeria now, you still invent muslim/muslim ticket ok oooo.

Next thing now core north and sw will be saying it's igbos that do this and that to them,
wise up now and see the blunder your inventing. anyway "I will harden the heart of Fero ..." says the Lord.

I will put it in stark context for the blind.
SW + core-North = End of Nigeria. cool

Nobody is anybodies slave in Nigeria. All Tinubu and the ex-generals are after is oil and the thieves won't get it.
There will be no Nigeria in 2015 if parasitism continues to dominate opposition politics.

We are armed and ready.

7 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by SkyBlue1: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
jumobi1: I think I might run for president. If my opponents are GEJ and Tinubu and Nigerians are not stupid then I should win. Why do we have pathetic options during elections?
We need a fresh face.

My sentiments exactly. If the opposition don't field an achiever the whole thing is a non starter. Can we for once have an election where we don't have to choose "between the devil and the deep blue sea"? The opposition remains a problem in Nigeria and not a solution. How does regional politicking unite a nation in a time when things are falling apart at the seams? WAZOBIA politics is no longer going to cut it in Nigeria. The very idea is insulting and offensive.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by franksunny(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Too bad, group of competent theivs trying to unseat incompetent thievs

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Ortis: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
I DNT GIVE A DAMM 2 THOSE OLDIE MENS..... ALL THY NEED IS 2 LOOT AWAY OUR MONEY 2 SWISS BANK.....OLD THIEIVES
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by teskyg: 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Dose same criminals responsible for this country woes are still looking for another means to continue to destroy what is left of this country.I will rather stick my neck out for GEJ than support any snake hand picked by these criminal to contest in 2015.Nigeria seems to have short memory going for the posts on this threads.

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Chanchit: 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf!:
Who said there will be Nigeria in 2015? The way things are now nobody is sure if Nigeria will survive next year. Unless Boko Haram is taimed, by 2015 they will be contesting, winning, and be ruling only over their sorry a$$es.
so that is your prayer...? God will show u his supremacy, u and GEJ might not see 2015, but Nigeria will still stand...

4 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by dedeike: 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
All these plots will pale into insignificance in 2015 by the time GEJ would have concluded the ongoing reforms. His achievements would speak for him. Already, he has done something substantial more than all these northern leaders put together. By 2013, when all the reforms become visible the story will change because I don't see any of these northern leaders commanding the confidence of voters.

1 Like

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by ibrahim007: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
@ 9ja voice, i partially agree with you on ur comment.@ Beaf, rubbish ideology!!.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by talktrue1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
If GEJ contest in PDP, they will lose and that will mark their end. so let him contest and lets
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
i dont dream of seeing nigeria as a nation again come 2015! these oil hungry thieves should be thinking of how to disintergrate this country and not causing more confusion!!
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Chyz2: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

I will put it in stark context for the blind.
SW + core-North = End of Nigeria. cool

Nobody is anybodies slave in Nigeria. All Tinubu and the ex-generals are after is oil and the thieves won't get.
There will be no Nigeria in 2015 if parasitism continues to dominate opposition politics.

We are armed and ready.

cool

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Pls these northereners should not push me into voting Jonathan oo. Their thirst fore power is becoming too dangerous. Someone who is not familiar with Nigeria will probably think the northerners have not tasted power for over 50 years. Meanwhile, they've been ruling this country for over 35 uninterupted years. The only time they took a kunu break was during OBJ's stint. They came back 8 years later and continued their reign as the emperors that they've been and the Yaradua dude, died in 2010 but they won't let us hear word. Imagine if Igbos that have not ruled this country since 1966 were to behave like their northern counterparts, then this nation would have been history by now. They should all shut up and covezr their heads in shame and focus on getting their region out of poverty, disease and bokoharam. Infact, the constitution should bar northeners from contesting to be presidents for ten years. Nonsense.

18 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Bukkyade: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
@ beaf! You re such a useless fellow. Look at your predictions of doom. NIGERIA WILL REMAIN ONE UNDER GEJ EVEN AFTER 2015. Get that into your silly brains.

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Mallamabdul: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
THOSE OF US IN NORTH CENTRAL ARE BETTER WITH JONATHAN ANYDAY.

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by nagoma(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
dedeike: All these plots will pale into insignificance in 2015 by the time GEJ would have concluded the ongoing reforms. His achievements would speak for him. Already, he has done something substantial more than all these northern leaders put together. By 2013, when all the reforms become visible the story will change because I don't see any of these northern leaders commanding the confidence of voters.

Very surprising some people are expecting miracles. GEJ has nothing to offer, you are probably the only person who hasn't recognized that. Even Ghanians know this fact.

1 Like

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Delafruita(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
personally,i dont think asiwaju will contest the presidency.but if he decides to,he has my vote and those of all the people i will remind to vote for him.i will even go on a personal campaign for him.in terms of popularity,he is endowed,electability,definitely.achievement:his eight years in lagos laid the foundation for fashhola's work.why wont i vote for him?

1 Like

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by PHIPEX(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
FSU: NORTH Vs JONATHAN: Ex-Generals, others plot against president • Meet in Abuja on how to unseat him in 2015

By: ADE ALADE, Abuja

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The scope of the plot to unseat the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government headed by President Goodluck Jonathan in the next presidential election was on Monday night broadened in Abuja, where top northern leaders held a meeting with former governor of Lagos State and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Jonathan

advertisement

The meeting, which had in attendance former heads of state from the North as well as retired military officers, like ex-National Security Adviser (NSA), General Aliyu Gusau and former ministers, is coming on the heels of a similar one between Tinubu and Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) presidential candidate in the last general election, General Mohammadu Buhari, in Lagos and Kaduna.

One of the northern leaders, who attended the Abuja meeting, told Saturday Sun: "The meeting was an informal one held to woo the former Lagos governor, Asiwaju Tinubu and discuss possibilities of extending the frontiers of cooperation and collaboration between the people of the North and the South West people ahead of the next election.

"The meeting was also called to broaden whatever discussion is ongoing between Asiwaju Tinubu and the CPC leader, General Buhari because the North cannot afford to gamble with the 2015 election chance, in the face of what the region is going through under the Jonathan administration. Our people have been ruined and as leaders, we are pained over what the present government is doing to the North.

"The only opportunity we have is a democratic change of the situation and that can be achieved through seeking partnership with a formidable opposition party leader, like Asiwaju Tinubu and the South West people who have a record of embracing progressive change."

He said that the meeting was "held over dinner to underscore the convivial mood at the discussion."

It was further gathered that none of the leaders at the meeting spoke about any personal ambition, but rather, "they all emphasised the need for change, irrespective of which section of the country produces the next president."

A northern leader, who attended the meeting told Saturday Sun: "For most of us at the meeting, we have put behind us our past ambitions of ruling the country, but we are all united and committed to a change of the present arrangement. And to buttress selflessness and sincerity of purpose on this matter, we made it clear that our desire for change is not out of desperation to have the North reclaim the presidency because we are ready to even support a better candidate from any other zone, including the South West."

Though no names of likely candidates to support came up at the meeting, a former minister at the meeting disclosed that a repeat of the 1993 Social Democratic Party (SDP) arrangement is on the minds of most of those at the meeting.
[b]
"We didn't discuss this, but it is obvious that the North wouldn't mind to persuade the former Lagos governor to vie for the presidency, while we get someone, like the CBN governor to run as his deputy or vice versa. The Muslim-Muslim ticket wouldn't be an issue once the candidates are sellable to the two sides of the divide. Nigerians are only interested in good governance and not religion. We have had a similar arrangement in the past with the Abiola and Kingibe ticket that swept the polls across the country. So, the same thing is still possible," the former minister disclosed.

The consideration of the CBN governor is hinged on the view that "he will be a good candidate that will appeal to the Buhari crowd and also blend with other interest groups from the North."

It will be recalled that Buhari and Tinubu had, after a political meeting in Kaduna about two weeks ago, flown in the same plane from Kaduna to Kano and drove in the same car from the Aminu Kano International Airport to the emir's palace, where the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, was being installed the Dan Majen Kano. [/b]
I hope this is a joke because its implication could destablise the office of the CBN Governor. Soludo entered politics from that office, if Sanusi does same then the credibility of the next man after Sanusi could become questionable because politicians will see that as another avenue to get easy nomination by relevant political parties after their tenure. The appointment of CBN Governors could become highly political afterward which will be a very bad omen for our economy.
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by ubandire(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
The north should go and rest. They had this power for over 40 years and frittered away our oil wealth. Now they can't bear SOUTH SOUTH presidency. They r e mad
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by Delafruita(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
afam4eva: Pls these northereners should not push me into voting Jonathan oo. Their thirst fore power is becoming too dangerous. Someone who is not familiar with Nigeria will probably think the northerners have not tasted power for over 50 years. Meanwhile, they've been ruling this country for over 35 uninterupted years. The only time they took a kunu break was during OBJ's stint. They came back 8 years later and continued their reign as the emperors that they've been and the Yaradua dude, died in 2010 but they won't let us hear word. Imagine if Igbos that have not ruled this country since 1966 were to behave like their northern counterparts, then this nation would have been history by now. They should all shut up and covezr their heads in shame and focus on getting their region out of poverty, disease and bokoharam. Infact, the constitution should bar northeners from contesting to be presidents for ten years. Nonsense.
who be dis one?
Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by dedeike: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
Tinubu should forget it. Therres no vacancy for touts in Aso rock

2 Likes

Re: NORTH Vs GEJ: Ex-Generals, Tinubu, Others Plot Against GEJ by kutchs: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
I can assure you that we will make the country ungovernable for whoever emerges from this scheming in 2015. Having done their best to discredit Jonathan‘s govt, 2015 will be payback time.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight / Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) / Anambra Election: IPOB Cancels Sit At Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.