Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do (26947 Views)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Wife - Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Christianoir: 11:15pm On Feb 22
It is weird, I don’t talk with my neighbour, we only greet nd hail each other that where it end, but I haven’t really have any meaningful conversation with them before and it bother me sometimes tho.. I’m mostly an introvert nd the shy type. Is something wrong with me, sometimes I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble. Nd I’m someone who cares about what people say or care about the opinion of others, things get to me easily tho

Do they see me as a proud/arrogant person.
I’m I weird. Is there people out there like me who have neighbors like me.

Im a student tho.

Please ignore my typo error.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Kobojunkiee: 11:42pm On Feb 22
Christianoir:
It is weird, I don’t talk with my neighbour, we only greet nd hail each other that where it end, but I haven’t really have any meaningful conversation with them before and it bother me sometimes tho.. I’m mostly an introvert nd the shy type. Is something wrong with me, sometimes I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble. Nd I’m someone who cares about what people say or care about the opinion of others, things get to me easily tho. Do they see me as a proud/arrogant person. I’m I weird. Is there people out there like me who have neighbors like me. Im a student tho. Please ignore my typo error.
Are we these neighbors of yours that you felt to ask us these questions regarding them? undecided undecided

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by jaxxy(m): 12:05am On Feb 23
As far as I'm concerned greetings is enough for neighbours unless when there's an important discussion. U are not the only one that can/should initiate friendly discussions or share meals on festive periods they can too if they want so stop giving urself a hard time and be ur best self not somebody else.

244 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by TheRealOwner(m): 1:25am On Feb 23
Since you are not talking with your neighbours, why are you trying to talk to us?? Be consistent!

216 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Xosh: 1:27am On Feb 23
We share same similarities.my neighbors are rose the nosey neighbor.

I m introverted too.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by budaatum: 1:45am On Feb 23
Christianoir:
It is weird, ........ I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble.

You want to speak to people you avoid being friendly with because you have labelled them trouble?

I think you should stop caring what people think of you and instead bother what you think of your neighbours and yourself.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by matify83: 3:20am On Feb 23
It's better you "dey your dey"

That you people greet one another and it doesn't progress beyond that goes to show that you guys do not operate on the same frequency.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Foodqueen(f): 5:31am On Feb 23
Let it remain like that. The greetings is enough.

Too much familiarity will bring see finish.

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:35am On Feb 23
Well if it bothers you, and I'm sure it does, 'cause that's why you brought it here. Find at least one person you can be close with, at least someone you share something in common, could be someone younger or even older.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by balaclava: 7:11am On Feb 23
Silence is better
Keep minding your business
It's all in your head
Your neighbours have their own problems
They don't think about you more than 3-4min in 24hrs
In the end nobody cares.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by jesmond3945: 8:15am On Feb 23
Christianoir:
It is weird, I don’t talk with my neighbour, we only greet nd hail each other that where it end, but I haven’t really have any meaningful conversation with them before and it bother me sometimes tho.. I’m mostly an introvert nd the shy type. Is something wrong with me, sometimes I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble. Nd I’m someone who cares about what people say or care about the opinion of others, things get to me easily tho

Im a student tho.

is all in your head. I overthink too myself. Even when i tell someone goodmorning, i would start overthinking like whether the person felt offended by it or not. Try to control your thoughts and go out more. It would help you. If you see your neighbour you can bring in a lot of topics, then sit back and see him talking while you listen. You can talk about the house condition and so on. Or you can observe the environment and it would be a topic.

12 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Cassandraloius: 8:35am On Feb 23
Be consistent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Chasito(m): 9:07am On Feb 23
I do things with my neighbors from a distance, especially the female ones, too much familiarity is not good.

Avoid see finish.⚠️

I'm Speaking from experience tho.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Freelancerr(m): 9:44am On Feb 23
It's good though.
To avoid see finish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Chummynoni(m): 9:54am On Feb 23
Freelancerr:
Ok
why should you be concerned about this? Familiarity breeds contempt. Good morning goodmorning is enough, pay your bills on time and attend meetings when necessary. Maintain your lane and avoid see finish

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by 2shure: 10:10am On Feb 23
When I moved into my place.mt neighbours were too nosy.i would trek..fly okada to buy fuel a d on gen.the idiots would come knocking they wanna charge.no p. When I bought my 3rd car.they would see me coming and smile.i would five them lift.when I installed solar.dem no allow me rest again.always knocking on my door.i had to call my electrician to disconnect the socket outside and had to place a do not disturb me sticker on my entrance door I I stopped giving anyone lift or helping charge phones.today I'm free.u greet me or not.e no remove anything for my body

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by poshestmina(f): 10:18am On Feb 23
I'm not saying you should go and bow before them or lick their toes but be very friendly with your neighbors .

HAVE their contacts in case of Emergencies especially Medical ones.
Attend or try to honor any events,party or compound meeting.
If there's a discussion around you ,smile or laugh and go your way

It's better they know you as the "shy brother that doesn't talk" than "that one" .

Good neighbors oftentimes become friends, then Sisters or brothers.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by BodyCount: 12:07pm On Feb 23
grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Parydelegate: 12:07pm On Feb 23
Ok

If na abroad....

Omo neighbours no send you....dem fit warn u sef mk u no greet them or you greet them dem go just look u waka comot.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by money121(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23
Greet and hail
Is what?

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by zed7: 12:08pm On Feb 23
I only ever talk with the two neighbours at each side, it has always been like that for me in my different neighbourhood. Those are the two most relevant ones that will watch out for you. They have more to lose if something ever happens to your house.

Too much familiarity breeds contempt. Keep it simple.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Hollyharjii: 12:09pm On Feb 23
Learning to mind one's business is one of the most valuable gift.
I'm happy for your trait sir

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by veekid(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23
Keep doing you, who nebors help?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Vijuchoco(f): 12:09pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

Abeg, it's better that way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by marlow1962(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23
Me too.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Dexy4yah(m): 12:10pm On Feb 23
Greetings is ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Jokkarm2: 12:11pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

You need to improve on your social life, your neighbors are your closest brothers and sisters. try to be greeting, asking about work, just feel free and interact. help in any way you can, sometime, i help to open the gate for them to drive in or out when i meet them at the gate. just free yourself and you will be happy you did.

12 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by yemmit90: 12:11pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

I am 100% like you, and the advantages in most cases outweighs the disadvantages.

Be good to them whenever you have reason to speak together but don't be too close to anyone. Chose your friends from outside.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23
Same here
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by EreluRoz: 12:12pm On Feb 23
I'm almost like you, I'm very unfriendly, I don't just know how to start familiarizing with outsiders except family members

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Which Of These Childhood Games Did You Play?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.