Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do (26959 Views)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Wife - Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Rejoice28(f): 1:45pm On Feb 23
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by coputa(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23
Davicl:
They're your brothers and sisters before the one you have at home arrive in Case of emergency
Everyone knows that ,it doesn't mean you shouldn't have self control,it's a key to a good living anywhere you finds yourself.

Your neighbors are not your relatives or friends,treat them as such and you will find peace.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Chummynoni(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23
gigabyte13:
They follow Dem gist once once ooooo
Greetings are good but
They gist Dem once once ooooo
Mesef be like you, but thank God for my wife..
Na when labour catch her in the middle of the night, na time l know say, neighbor important pass family.
no be until you gist with neighbor before them help you. The most important thing is greeting when you cross path and be at peace with everyone. I dont gist with anyone here neither my wife but the day a wire caught fire in my neighbors apartment, it was my wife that noticed, and we called the attention of Landlady that later called people to pull down the door and put out the fire, and i believe every sensible person would do the same. Dont be at war with your neighbors and they will help you when necessary. If gisting with them works for you, fine but dont think neighbors would only help you when you gist with them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by porthouse7(f): 1:52pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:
It is weird, I don’t talk with my neighbour, we only greet nd hail each other that where it end, but I haven’t really have any meaningful conversation with them before and it bother me sometimes tho.. I’m mostly an introvert nd the shy type. Is something wrong with me, sometimes I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble. Nd I’m someone who cares about what people say or care about the opinion of others, things get to me easily tho

Do they see me as a proud/arrogant person.
I’m I weird. Is there people out there like me who have neighbors like me.

Im a student tho.

Please ignore my typo error.
you don’t have to, as u are not related or friends, just normal complimentary and move ur way

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Truvelisback(m): 1:53pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:
It is weird, I don’t talk with my neighbour, we only greet nd hail each other that where it end, but I haven’t really have any meaningful conversation with them before and it bother me sometimes tho.. I’m mostly an introvert nd the shy type. Is something wrong with me, sometimes I want to speak to them, but me speaking to them will mean being friendly, which I’m avoiding, ever since I rented this compound I’ve avoided trouble. Nd I’m someone who cares about what people say or care about the opinion of others, things get to me easily tho

Im a student tho.

Bro, greeting na still talk. I would advise that you remain that way because it has its own disadvantages too. E.g over familiarity, gossip, busybody and see finish and even many more.
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Rrchrd(m): 1:57pm On Feb 23
Except you stay in face me & face you yard
Bc people that stays in apartment where everything is inside always mind their business.
You rarely see them outside
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Pauliaette(m): 2:04pm On Feb 23
Rrchrd:
Except you stay in face me & face you yard
Bc people that stays in apartment where everything is inside always mind their business.
You rarely see them outside
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

This is me exactly, mehn my neighbours fine wella but I'm so shy talking to them, just greetings things and moved on...
Their last born is killing me with her backside but I'm so shy to say a word.
Hmmmmmmm no wahala
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by henrimoto(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23
Neduzze5:

I don't discuss with my neighbours as well. Just hello, hi.

I don't think there's really so much need for fraternity with your neighbours.
... it's not true. It's not compulsory but it's optional .

There is need for keeping a healthy relationship with your neighbors ( Not necessarily all but 1 or 2 neighbors)

See, we humans are not created to be loners, as resourceful as the forest is, its not made up of a sing tree. Many trees make up a forest.

Don't wait until you are in a terrible situation before you know the importance of being in Good rapport with one or two of your neighbors.

You don't need to sit with your neighbors all day talking before you can have a good rapport.

It's all about you being humane. You can't be around someone who is involved in a minor home accident , without you showing sympathy to the person. ( Even if you no give any physical material, the word "Sorry" you say alone, goes along way to comfort that person)

No matter how introverted one is , have one or two of your neighbors ,whom, you have a rapport with. Even, if it's not much.

That's life for you. Don't say you don't need anyone's rapport.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Jeje247: 2:08pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

No think am. We are alike. I just greet and enter my house. I no dey like too much familiarity close to home but once I go out, I let lose

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Akalia(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23
SIXFEETUNDER:
STFU you are not introverted

You're autistic hiding under the canopy of introversion

You're like a closeted fággot
You get problem, ah swear down, lol.
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by neonly: 2:09pm On Feb 23
I dont talk to anyone my children are my friend finish
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Jackipapa: 2:13pm On Feb 23
Nothing is wrong and nothing will be wrong with you. Mind your business. Oh Africa!
For us abroad, we don't even see our neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by tollyboy5(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23
SIXFEETUNDER:
STFU you are not introverted

You're autistic hiding under the canopy of introversion

You're like a closeted fággot
lol how do person knw if he's autistic?
Now that I'm older I don't think I'm autistic
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by aremubabs: 2:17pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

You make it seem like being friendly is a bad thing.

Why are avoiding being friendly?
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by aremubabs: 2:22pm On Feb 23
Jackipapa:
Nothing is wrong and nothing will be wrong with you. Mind your business. Oh Africa!
For us abroad, we don't even see our neighbors.

This is Africa, not Europe or North America.

Neighbours can sometimes come in handy.

I remembered an incident of someone coming home late at night from a journey and the vigilantes took him to his house but no neighbour could identify him as a tenant in the compound. The landlord lived abroad, and the caretaker did not pick her calls. So, the vigilantes paraded the man naked through the town and through the night, making him sell eko with serious beating before taking him to the bale.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Faposky95: 2:25pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

Follow.your heart...
Then, as a Naija...be wise, circumspect.....
There's still room.
I lived with people for over 30years and I did regret saying hi.....
Love them, but having neighbours of some sort is like watching the highway each time you wanna cross.
If you're okay and they are....soon, the vibrations will bring y'all along
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by zebszebs: 2:32pm On Feb 23
Phcuk them, neighbors.

Did I rent a house or join a social club?

Thats why I like British people, you can be neighbours with someone for decades and not even know their names.

Phcuk them, neighbors I say!

Africans are too nosey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Badadvisor: 2:34pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

Ena dey even hail and greet each other isn't that enough lol
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by kwasoly(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

As an introvert is your nature to stay on your own, is not a must you talk to them. As long as Una dey greet you no get wahala, if them want your company they can initiate the conversation.
Worryless
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by ruffDiamond: 2:47pm On Feb 23
Wait a minute! If you care about what people say or think about you,then you truly have a problem!and you don't even know me!my middle name is fuvk you and Bleep what you think undecided..it means you have self esteem or confidence issue.. don't rely on any mofo validation or approval.!most nigerians are barely literate and many can't reason properly and logically!I have almost the attitude too,but I'm selective about who I talk to or mingle with.if you found out most of them are ignorant and exhibit naivety or petty over every little.just give them a wide berth!make Dem dey their lane make you dey your own o.. being friendly no be by force o.many are damn irrational and unable to think smart and straight!the greeting don do!me.if you like no greet me,I no send anybody papa,so far you no dey feed me or pay my bill for me cool..one more thing,avoid unnecessary gentlemanly behavior just to make you seen as nice,wo,Dem go see an as weakness.this is Nigeria o,a complete jungle filled with animals of different kinds wearing clothes.even Fela said he's no gentle man.you ean suffer be that!no gree for anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Eagba(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23
franktech:
Na play you day. Me I do not talk to anyone both in my apartment building made up of 12 flats and also do not associate or greet people in my street. If there is a meeting in the compound I avoid going but will comply with any decision they make. I noticed that due to this I have a high level of respect in the street. At least 90% of the girls in my street are giving me green light. I avoid them too till today
Dey your lane but once in a while, buy them gifts, bottles, general phcn sub or share rice if God bless you, then lock up for another 6 months.
You go see say in a very good day if medical or any emergency sop, people go gallant for you

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Nyouth: 3:23pm On Feb 23
Christianoir:

Im a student tho.

you are just like me nothing is wrong with you, preserve yourself a day would come you will be glad you are the way you are

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by akin9ja78(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23
Better leave it that way na wen u go embarrass yourself you go learn

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by henrimoto(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23
aremubabs:

This is Africa, not Europe or North America.

Neighbours can sometimes come in handy.

I remembered an incident of someone coming home late at night from a journey and the vigilantes took him to his house but no neighbour could identify him as a tenant in the compound. The landlord lived abroad, and the caretaker did not pick her calls. So, the vigilantes paraded the man naked through the town and through the night, making him sell eko with serious beating before taking him to the bale.

True talk. Neighbors can sometimes come in handy.
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by henrimoto(m): 3:46pm On Feb 23
Eagba:

Dey your lane but once in a while, buy them gifts, bottles, general phcn sub or share rice if God bless you, then lock up for another 6 months.
You go see say in a very good day if medical or any emergency sop, people go gallant for you

...Na one of the reasons why person need to dey reasonable to one or two around you.
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by SAMBARRY: 3:50pm On Feb 23
Jokkarm2:

You need to improve on your social life, your neighbors are your closest brothers and sisters. try to be greeting, asking about work, just feel free and interact. help in any way you can, sometime, i help to open the gate for them to drive in or out when i meet them at the gate. just free yourself and you will be happy you did.
Na this style them Go use enter you finish.before you know it then go dey bring family problems come your house,wife go dey report him husband give you, husband go dey report him wife give you and before you say Jesus is Lord them go dey tell you make you borrow them ₦xyz or give them money for children's school fees, house rent etc.the moment you say no maybe because you didn't have as of the time or you just don't feel obligated to give them, just know that you have automatically earned an enemy and it's worse if you now buy a car or buy things for yourself and they see it

My own life philosophy is prevention is better and cheaper than cure.the only thing you should owe your neighbours is greetings especially if they are women with children.

Please watch after my kids, please let me quickly leave my kids with you has put many neighbours in trouble.if you know the problems of over familiarity you Will mind your buisness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by DeeGov123(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23
If your neighbor is a girl and you have interest in her, go toast her and start the relationship if she's also interested and don't be ashamed to greet her again if she says no, aside that one pls day your lane too much of closeness and familiarity causes rubbish, no allow small pikin see u finish
Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by j3r3myk3n(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23
You're not alone.

And don't change anytime soon if you don't want that lil respect turn to see finish anytime soon.

Self respect is paramount, there's a reason why they say in midst of people, be a good listener and not a talkative.

Meanwhile I'm not a student but I've had this mentality almost when I started living alone and it paved way when everyone else lost self respect.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by mclloyd22: 4:41pm On Feb 23
If you no wan cast early in any neighborhood no matter how legit you think you are. Stay your lane.. greeting is allowed but keep to your self. E get why

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Xtraterestial: 4:53pm On Feb 23
Depends, Neighbours can be good or bad, but how will you know?. a friend who's neighbours took him out and set him up, after drinking he dosed off in one of thems car..was forced to do transfer by police turns out after investigation they all( neighbours) where working together to target him, they where friendly, with nice cars, not knowing he resided with scammers and oloshos they all knew eachother.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Uptheante(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23
franktech:
Na play you day. Me I do not talk to anyone both in my apartment building made up of 12 flats and also do not associate or greet people in my street. If there is a meeting in the compound I avoid going but will comply with any decision they make. I noticed that due to this I have a high level of respect in the street. At least 90% of the girls in my street are giving me green light. I avoid them too till today
You just described me, except for the bolded.
I don't greet or discuss with my neighbors. If they greet me, I answer & move my way, if they don't, I lock up. But I do relate & gist with few guys in the street once in a while.
My own is even extreme because I don't even know their names & can't even recall some of their faces if I see them outside except for those of them wey dey greet me.
Green light from girls wan choke me

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do by Badadvisor: 5:00pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
I'm almost like you, I'm very unfriendly, I don't just know how to start familiarizing with outsiders except family members
For real man and people most times see it as pride which it obviously isn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Which Of These Childhood Games Did You Play?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.