Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa (17391 Views)

Happy 89th Birthday To General Gowon. See This 50-Year Throwback Newspaper / Who Noticed What NTA Did While Gov. Wike Was Speaking At Etche LGA / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by PHAYOL81: 8:09am On Feb 23
Thanks for the correction, Op. Propaganda is the weapon of the devils but of course, they will never succeed.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:11am On Feb 23
Dis Gowon guy should go and seat down
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by fleps(m): 8:12am On Feb 23
Whether rumour or not, NTA shouldn't have cut the broadcast. They could have just taken out sound and allow visuals.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by AyakaDunukofia: 8:15am On Feb 23
For Gowon to insist he's forgotten the Hausa lingua franca he was born into, is the biggest lie I have witnessed since my life time.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Massiveglory: 8:15am On Feb 23
My bro naptu2, rest . Stop making mockery of yourself.
Every reasonable person who is not deaf or dumb heard gowon clearly and does not need your epistle.
Any reasonable person knows the game. They needed a propaganda to spread in the north.
We know. We understand. Unfortunately gowon was smarter this time.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by CommonSense1967: 8:16am On Feb 23
Ensa777:

Just imagine what you are defending .That's General NTA and not NTA Hausa and Evil Gowon and the NTA media crew should have done their prep on him before coming on live to keep insisting he speaks Hausa.Is Ecowas for Hausa ppl alone if we are to go by your lame narrative?Why are you shameless and everywhere?

To them MB ppl who allowed sojourners overthrow them to the point of you adopting their language,you are soaked in foolishness.

To Gowon, it is good that you are alive to witness the growth of the region you wanted to annihilate,you didn't know we were seeds but your ppl are being wiped out and all your strength has failed you.You suddenly don't speak Hausa anymore.Where did it go to?
Fake news Marchant. As much as you wanted th4 story to ve true unfortunately it's not true. It's another fake news.
Gowon didn't start a war, Ojukwu did and eventually ran away like a loser. Stop trying to blame Gowon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by ArewaNorth: 8:32am On Feb 23
Ensa777:

Just imagine what you are defending .That's General NTA and not NTA Hausa and Evil Gowon and the NTA media crew should have done their prep on him before coming on live to keep insisting he speaks Hausa.Is Ecowas for Hausa ppl alone if we are to go by your lame narrative?Why are you shameless and everywhere?

To them MB ppl who allowed sojourners overthrow them to the point of you adopting their language,you are soaked in foolishness.

To Gowon, it is good that you are alive to witness the growth of the region you wanted to annihilate,you didn't know we were seeds but your ppl are being wiped out and all your strength has failed you.You suddenly don't speak Hausa anymore.Where did it go to?

You didn't understand what you are trying to analyze. They asked him to translate the letters to Hausa not to give the interview in Hausa. It doesn't take a Hausa speaker to translate any documents into Hausa language.
The reason why they asked him to translate the letter is for the receivers of the message (the populace of Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso) to understand the content of the letter well. More than 53% of Nigeriens are Hausa. Many people in Mali and Burkina Faso speak Hausa but you are here twisting the whole scenario!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by MadamExcellency: 8:36am On Feb 23
ArewaNorth:

You didn't understand what you are trying to analyze. They asked him to translate the letters to Hausa not to give the interview in Hausa. It doesn't take a Hausa speaker to translate any documents into Hausa language.
The reason why they asked him to translate the letter is for the receivers of the message (the populace of Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso) to understand the content of the letter well. More than 53% of Nigeriens are Hausa. Many people in Mali and Burkina Faso speak Hausa but you are here twisting the whole scenario!

The interview or press conference wasn't intended for the citizens of Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali etc but for the Military junta. There isn't anything said there to benefit their citizens.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by MadamExcellency: 8:40am On Feb 23
AyakaDunukofia:
For Gowon to insist he's forgotten the Hausa lingua franca he was born into, is the biggest lie I have witnessed since my life time.
He was asking for ECOWAS unity and as the same time withdrawing the Middlebelt from the Commonwealth of Arewa Republic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Ensa777(f): 8:58am On Feb 23
chidiokay:

I think it is you that is just hell bent on being unreasonable, despite the explanation made, which surprisingly add up cos we didnt see that angle
Some countries are threatening to leave ecowas, these countries speak hausa largely which you can go verify, hence why the anchor was pushing for Gowon to speak hausa so as to reach a wider audience

However i don't see why netizens are even making these an issue, Is Gowon not an hausa and shouldnt he be proud to speak is language, and as a matter of fact Hausa is the most widely spoken language in africa but, slavery mentality is why people like you feel so subservient to "English" if you don't speak english you feel like a worthless being

Gowon is Lau from Plateau state and not Hausa.Deal with it!

1 Like

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by chidiokay: 8:59am On Feb 23
scally11:

My friend hausa is not a language in Ecowas. U either speak English or French. Why should he speak hausa. If Obasanjo wants to address Benin Republic on Ecowas platform will he speak yoruba because Benin people speak yoruba abegiii

Ecowas encompasses ALL language spoken by member countries,

The purpose of the PRESS was to address aggrieved members trying to exist Ecowas, it is more of a targeted audience than general ... Hausa is the only lingua francas that cut across Niger, Mali and Burkina faso that are about to exit

No doubt, there will be an English version, if you follow BBC you will understand these things

Imagine IGbos or Hausas are aggrieved in Lagos and the govt holds a press brief to address the aggrieved tribe in Igbo or hausa .. will it carry not carry more effect than English

As a stranger Go to mile 2 and speak hausa to an aboki n see how good he will treat you compared to those blowing oxford grammar undecided
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:05am On Feb 23
Goodlady:

To a neutral person, it's like you are actually trying to defend some obvious occurrences that made people to raise alarm. Nevertheless, see this one Shehu Sanni rebuked yesterday. See wetin one northern Muslim dey talk?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3qR4xoNc3I/?igsh=NmNjcjdqZDQ0cmNt
Saying trash about wife of Tinubu cos she's a Christian!
Is this country for a region or for everybody?

See this is the crazy thing. The topic is very clear and so is the first post, but none of these people are posting about that. They are all making all kinds of things up in their heads and posting about that.

What the hell does what you just posted have to do with this thread??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by itsene: 9:06am On Feb 23
Domestic enemies will twist everything and anything around to advance their anarchists and interim government agenda.
They shall ALL perish.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Beautifulday: 9:07am On Feb 23
naptu2:
There was a report yesterday that the NTA asked General Gowon to speak in Hausa. I'll quote it.

This is not true. What actually happened?

General Gowon visited President Tinubu and after meeting with the president, he spoke to journalists and said something interesting.

He said that a report had circulated that Ecowas asked him to give a press conference about the situation in the subregion but he refused. He said that the report was not true. He said that there was some miscommunication, but that he was going to do the press conference that evening. Here is a video of Gowon's visit to Tinubu and his statement after the visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJiQHJhbpU?si=OEUys95iRA97Hiyx

The reason that General Gowon was asked to do the press conference is because he was one of the founding fathers of Ecowas.

General Gowon had the press conference at the Ecowas Headquarters and seated beside him was the president of the Ecowas Commission, Omar Touray.

The General read a letter that he wrote to heads of state in the subregion and he asked those that wanted to leave Ecowas to come back. He talked about their reasons for founding Ecowas, etc.

He then gave the letter to the president of the commission and asked him to give it to all the heads of state.

After giving the letter to Omar Touray, the MC asked General Gowon to translate it to Hausa. Hausa is the most widely spoken langauge in Niger Republic, one of the countries that wants to leave Ecowas. It is also spoken in Benin, Togo, Ghana and other countries in the region.

However, General Gowon said that he wasn't told that he would have to translate the letter to Hausa and that for 8 or 9 years he has only spoken English and that he can't remember how to speak it. Here is the full video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnzX6bsMRgQ?si=_z3iYuYuZyGyFjxy

It was the Ecowas MC that asked General Gowon to speak in Hausa, not the NTA.

Ecowas knows that Gowon used to speak Hausa, but they didn't know that he has stopped. Here is General Gowon giving an interview to BBC Hausa and he spoke in Hausa here:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/4rJY7jV3dkivrpaB/?mibextid=gtsPdC

So is this enough to switch off the telecast just like that?
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by chidiokay: 9:26am On Feb 23
Ensa777:

Gowon is Lau from Plateau state and not Hausa.Deal with it!

Hausa is North lingua franca and last i checked Plateau is still in the North .. recieve sense
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Conner44: 9:30am On Feb 23
Don't mind naptu2, I challenged him yesterday when he was comparing NTA to BBC all just to cover up this same gaff.

The guy is an obvious apc mole here on nairaland and everyone has realized that today

1 Like

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:30am On Feb 23
This is so much fun!

The appropriate authorities will handle the rest, let's see if I can take care of some of the obvious ones.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:31am On Feb 23
In an event where he was invited to speak in support of unity in the ecowas region, the power drunk hausas showed Africa and the rest of the world why there can really never be unity living side by side with them.

To show you how stupid and power drunk these people are, in an event to speak about UNITY and ONENESS in the ECOWAS region, they tried to still place themselves as the dominant class in a meeting that was conveyed to promote UNITY. Just how powerdrunk and stupid can a group of illiterates be?

This was a calculated move and Gowon rightfully pointed out that it was an ambush.

Please watch from 8:00 and see how they all planned this and when he refused to play along, they immediately circled him like Vultures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnzX6bsMRgQ?si=_z3iYuYuZyGyFjxy

The Hausa and Fulani have plans to dominate West Africa, if other nations like Benin and Ghana are smart they would follow the steps of Burkina Faso and Niger and break out of that evil Ecowas contraption.

For Nigeria, its already too late
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by kiyosaki1(m): 9:34am On Feb 23
9jii:

Kai! Obi's people, SMH
Anyone having contrary opinion to your way of thinking has automatically turn to Obi people. Your reasoning is inept and am surprised you are trying to be clever by half, intead of addressing the subject on ground you are attacking object. It shows the level of your IQ.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:34am On Feb 23
just2endowed:

Ecowas member state generally speak French. Why can't they tell him to speak French? Which hausa are you saying? How many French countries do we have in ecowas. It was a lame excuse.

Have you ever heard General Gowon speaking French?

This is General Gowon speaking Hauss. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/4rJY7jV3dkivrpaB/?mibextid=gtsPdC

Hausa is the most spoken language in Niger Republic. It is also spoken in Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cameroon, etc.

If you cannot understand that, then nobody can help you.

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:38am On Feb 23
Acidosis:

Is Gowon an Hausa man? Why should a Lau man from Plateau state in the middle belt speak Hausa?

Are you English? Yet you typed this in English.

General Gowon said that he used to speak Hausa, but he hasn't spoken it in 8 or 9 years (watch the video).

Here is General Gowon speaking Hausa to the BBC
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/4rJY7jV3dkivrpaB/?mibextid=gtsPdC

Hausa is the most spoken language in Niger Republic and it is also spoken in Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, etc.

If you can't understand that, then nobody can help you.

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:40am On Feb 23
Most of this is just repetition of what's in the first post. Is it that they can't read, or that they can't comprehend?

I don't think there's any point responding if they can't read and comprehend.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:43am On Feb 23
Gowon is a well educated man, the fact that a bunch of illiterates and half baked intellectuals thought they could manipulate him into promoting their barbaric culture on the international stage is just laughable. Whenever the educated come uo against the uneducated the educated comes out on top. Simple
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:43am On Feb 23
The issue of NTA switching of the broadcast or not has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

However, anyone that can reason properly will know why NTA ended the telecast (that's if they actually did, because I no longer trust these people).

For the others that want to create fantasy conspiracy theories, nobody can help them.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:47am On Feb 23
The first time I experienced this was in the mid-1990s. They interviewed a BBC journalist that wae just leaving Niger Republic and they asked about her impression of the country.

She said that she was surprised to find out that everybody spoke Hausa and that Hausa was the most common language, not even French and that they expected you to be able to speak Hausa.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by kiyosaki1(m): 9:48am On Feb 23
naptu2:
Most of this is just repetition of what's in the first post. Is it that they can't read, or that they can't comprehend?

I don't think there's any point responding if they can't read and comprehend.

It's obvious now that you don't take correction and trying to justify lies with lies will only open you to further ridicule. You miss this one try and be well prepare next time.

1 Like

Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 9:52am On Feb 23
There's a funny guy up there that is desperately trying to get my attention, but he has already proven that he has nothing to offer.

Let's play a little game. I haven't read his post and I won't, but go and read it and I bet you that it won't add any new information and there will be nothing enligthening in it. It will just be gibberish of, "I am angry, you must do as I say" and other such nonsense.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by naptu2: 10:08am On Feb 23
grin I shouldn't have to say this (it should be obvious), but it is one of the funniest points that people are trying to push here.

General Gowon does not have to be Hausa in order to speak Hausa

There are very many people that are not Hausa, yet they speak Hausa fluently. In fact, there are very many people that are not even African, yet they speak Hausa fluently.

This is basic knowledge.
Re: The NTA Did Not Ask General Gowon To Speak In Hausa by nams77: 10:11am On Feb 23
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahaha

Obviously you didn't even read anything, talking about NTA should have done their prep.

Is there any merit in engaging you since you didn't read or don't even understand what you read? There's none.
The way you always rush in defence of the buhari/ Tinubu government nowadays is mind boggling! I don't see you rushing with this fervour to fact-check other information.
I am beginning to lose some respect and admiration I have for you. Of course it doesn't matter

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Calls For Suspension Of Sanctions On Guinea, Mali, Niger, And B / Abubakar Audu Is NOT Dead / Kachikwu: $40b Down The Drain In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.