Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar (28748 Views)

USDT Is Urgently Needed. / How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? / A Phd Holder In Finance doesn't know what USDT is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by N2B2: 11:36am On Feb 23
NigerianEagle:

Stop putting unnecessary pressure on the Naira by rushing to Binanc and other crypto exchanges to convert your money to USDT which is not even a legal tender in any country of the world!

Are you trying to tell people what to do with their hard-earned money? Or are you trying to blame average citizens for the failures of the government, which, in fact, sets and regulates monetary policies?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Procashtips(m): 11:36am On Feb 23
Even big companies like Microsoft accept crypto currency as payment.

https://bitpay.com/directory/
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by faceland: 11:37am On Feb 23
Realmrsean:
so the naira and the dollar that is printed in multiple folds out of thin air is not a scam but its usdt that ia a scam?

You can't buy anything with that poop. You can wear a suit and sell it to others with half truths about how important it is.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by PureFace1(m): 11:37am On Feb 23
omoadeleye:

Be careful with your hard earned money.

That was how usdc crashed and people lost their life savings.

Crypto is just like a Ponzi.

Which USDC crashed you people speak with so much ignorance?

USDC is still much in use but it is not as popular as USDT.

So it is people that saved in naira that are not losing their hard earned savings?

If you saved 1 million in Nigeria bank last year the same money barely worth 500,000 naira and it lost like 50% value but if it was in usdt you saved the money your money would gained like 50% in value but you think it is usdt that is ponzi and dangerous.

You guys keep spreading your propaganda as if it is really very save to put money in banks in Nigeria. CBN still printed trillions of naira back by nothing last year and it is part of the problem that is causing naira to lose value but you think USDT is the scam and Ponzi.

If you want to see Scam and Ponzi look at the useless naira.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dvkot(m): 11:37am On Feb 23
faceland:

Sad.. the point is, do not mistake it for real dollars. It's value depends on millions of mugus that most think it is USD. In the age of mass media, their illustration could be cured at once (just like SBF & Celsius exchange crash when people asked for their money at once).
its a stablecoin pegged to USD it's not USD, no one said it is.
People will still switch to btc or eth if there no usdt don't be naive. The world is changing stop thinking like a rock

2 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Ekugbeh(m): 11:37am On Feb 23
Mr kipkwayet. Where all these ones come from 😂
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Questionnaires(m): 11:39am On Feb 23
Realmrsean:
so the naira and the dollar that is printed in multiple folds out of thin air is not a scam but its usdt that ia a scam?

He doesn't know that the main characteristics of money is "General Acceptance".

Since There's A General Acceptance of USDT Across The Five Continents of The World Already; Then - We (USDTians) Cannot Crash What We Believe In Already.

We Can Only Birth More Acceptance As People Continue To See The Kind of Quality Lifestyle That We Live.

You don't need to bother yourself responding to folks that have refused to advance Digitally....

After all; There's No Reward System For Referring Anyone into The World of Blockchain And The Growth of The Value of Our USDT Doesn't Depend on Direct Referral Systems.

We All As Continental Believers of Blockchain All Enjoy Our Profits As Part of Being in The BLOCK.

Besides; Sooner or Later - Many of Them Are Hurriedly Rushing To Join Up The BLOCKCHAIN World. And We Are Always Here As Blockchain Financial Coaches To BILL Them For Their DIGITAL IGNORANCE.

Won't You Be Happier To Get People Rushing To You By April, 2024 That They Want To Learn How To Buy And HODL BITCOIN (BTC) From You ?

Will You Not BILL Them To Pay $100 USDT As Your Coaching Fees ?

That's The Time We Will Know If USDT is Real or Not.

April is Coming Soon...

Prepare!

BTC (The King of CRYPTOS) is About To Do Another WONDERS In The Lives of BULK HOLDERS.

#BTC
#StartHODLING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by CuriousX: 11:40am On Feb 23
hayoholla:

At the expenseof your own country's currency? Because that is what guys from Nigeria are doing on Binance and other crypto site. Fine you maybe making gains from it, but hedging it against your country's currency is ignorance and a recipe for economic disaster. Imagine the effect it has on the production and manufacturing sector of the country that produce real and tangible goods and services.

You are naive. So as our naira cards are not working to make payments online, you expect people not to use crypto for payment? You have a website and your hosting and domain renewal is due and naira cards are not working to allow you make payments to keep your website and business online, what do you do? You buy crypto and make the payments simple!

Buhari printed 24trillion naira ways and means with out approval causing inflation but you are here trying to make me feel guilty for trying to survive but you are not blaming the politicians who loot billions of dollars and did stuff that put us in this mess. Stop the gaslighting undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by EmekaBlue(m): 11:40am On Feb 23
Judithjovial:
OK, be there and be capping shit. We don't need everyone to believe and understand crypto we just keep making our USDT gains 247
on code

Can u reply me on something plz.

We only live once but help can go a long way

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by ObalendeCMS: 11:41am On Feb 23
This kind confusion wear big agbada o!
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by faceland: 11:43am On Feb 23
dvkot:
its a stablecoin that is ALLEGEDLY pegged to USD it's not USD, no one said it is (but it was intentionally named that way to fool the elderly).
People will still switch to btc or eth if there no usdt don't be naive. The world is changing with innovative ways to confuse and dupe people, stop thinking like a rock

Hmmm interesting. Please take all my money. To the moon we go.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by didymario7(m): 11:44am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Please which company did you use it to purchase something from. Let me check. Some company accept BTC but never seen USDT.

USDT is becoming very popular in online payment. I use it all the time.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by cmikel: 11:45am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:
if you type ‘what does USDT stand for’ in Google you will never see United States Dollar Tether. So now tell me how a token which is printed from thin air, which you cannot buy oil with, you can’t sell oil and accept USDT as payment. You can’t pay hospital bills abroad, you can’t pay schools fees, you cannot export anything of relevance and collect USDT as payment. But somehow this is supposed to be competing with actual USD that we get from oil export and other trading of goods and services, etc.

USDT has no value outside of being a hedge for crypto coins to avoid the volatility typical of cryptocurrencies while holding funds within the crypto system. It has no real world use. But somehow, we use it as exchange rate for real actual dollars gotten from trading goods and services.

You must be in the world of 19th century, go to BlackRock in US and other companies alike and see the billion dollar worth of investment whales inverst in purchase of tethra USDT trading in Blockchain and crypto tokens

The crypto industry has been buoyed by the January 10th approval of the first spot Bitcoin ETFs in the U.S., a milestone that has attracted billions of dollars into the funds. This development has set the stage for further expansion of spot cryptocurrency ETFs, with major firms like Fidelity and BlackRock applying for a spot Ethereum ETF.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by PureFace1(m): 11:46am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

No one is saying USDT is a scam but USDT is not USD. Go and check their site. It’s simply called Tether. And they will never admit that the USD in USDT means United States Dollar, because it is not dollar. To base our country’s exchange rate on something that’s not even a real money is crazy.

It is not dollar but it is back up by dollar and function like dollar.

Just like the money in your bank application and wallet is not really naira but back up by real naira in your bank vaults.

No one is basing the exchange rate on USDT blame your CBN for failing to satisfy FX demands. If dollar is trading at 1500+ on the FX windows and your banks keep selling dollars to BDC operators for profit why wouldn't 1 dollar or anything that even mimick the value of dollar be going to 2000 naira?

Keep chasing around the bush instead of facing the real problems.

3 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:46am On Feb 23
Another microphone licker's online mafia!
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:48am On Feb 23
didymario7:

USDT is becoming very popular in online payment. I use it all the time.

Mention these sites
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:49am On Feb 23
pipnator00:

See the bolded but I can pay for flight tickets and hotel to NIGERIA with it. If you doubt, type "pay for flight to Nigeria with crypto" into google search and see what it gets you.

Bro Which flight can you pay for with USDT.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dykechukwunedum(m): 11:50am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

For something to be valuable, it should have a use. What is the use of USDT outside crypto trading. Compare it with the use of actual USD (oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism, etc.)

I don’t have any problem with USDT but it should not be used as exchange rate for Nigeria’s economy.

USDT can actually be used to buy something among the population that accepts it. What concerns an average pepper seller that cannot operate phone with cryptocurrency. Just as online transfer was impossible in the past but not anymore, cryptocurrency will evolve into something great soon. I don't see the relationship between Nigeria economic problem and cryptocurrency. If they like ban cryptocurrency in the world it will not solve anything. The current problem was caused primarily with increase in fuel. Fuel price increase will increase transport fare which in turn will increase the cost of everything. Government should be careful in increasing the cost of things that will destroy the economy. Such as
1. Petrol
2. Electricity
3. Multiple taxations, etc
All these things are anti business. They should try to make doing business easy. Good road network will help businesses a lot. Petrol, electricity, multiple taxations should be abolished. I'm sure that food is available but they increase the suffering of the people by sending security operatives to seize food. This will cause artificial scarcity. It's wrong to arrest people that hoard food as you did not help them to buy those food but you can use policies to discourage hoarding. I am surprised that the people around Mr. President seemed not to have solution to our problem. I might not be an economist but these principles are well known. NO FOREIGN INVESTOR will invest blindly in Nigeria. Foreign investors have primary duty with his country. It's time for FG to look within. Another big disease affecting Nigeria as a flu is tribalism. Because of some people are from a particular tribe they're not allowed to work to their potential. For instance, if I know that I am supposed to be the director but because of my tribe was denied that opportunity I will only restrict myself to normal office routine but if I was given what I deserved I will work with my heart. It will not be normal office routine. All these things tend to affect us negatively. However power is terrible in the hands of people that are not mature enough to handle it. They end up using force for everything. You don't need force. You can make the people work for you without applying force.

USDT is printed by a random company called Tether, same way you can print meme coins in BNB chain, by imputing a bunch of values and boom. Not saying USDT is from BNB network. It’s from Tether.

But the USD is printed by the United States Department of Treasury and is backed by the US government and military.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:50am On Feb 23
Procashtips:

Because BTC came first

You can always change your USDT to BTC, just that USDT is more stable price wise unlike BTC.

So they don’t accept USDT? Even though Dell can covert it to BTC but they still don’t accept it.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dappydozzy(m): 11:51am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

For something to be valuable, it should have a use. What is the use of USDT outside crypto trading. Compare it with the use of actual USD (oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism, etc.)

I don’t have any problem with USDT but it should not be used as exchange rate for Nigeria’s economy.

USDT is printed by a random company called Tether, same way you can print meme coins in BNB chain, by imputing a bunch of values and boom. Not saying USDT is from BNB network. It’s from Tether.

But the USD is printed by the United States Department of Treasury and is backed by the US government and military.

Interesting, what concern the US military about the US dollar, Is the military a fiscal or monetary authority in the US ?Oversabi. Is the US dollar really backed by value ? You need to learn more about the global financial system. The USD is not printed by the US Department of Treasury, but by the US Federal Reserve through its subsidiary, the US Bureau of Engraving.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:51am On Feb 23
cmikel:

You must be in the world of 19th century, go to BlackRock in US and other companies alike and see the billion dollar worth of investment whales inverst in purchase of tethra USDT trading in Blockchain and crypto tokens

Where did you get this Information. I believe you don’t work in Blackrock. So show me a link to this info
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by didymario7(m): 11:53am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Mention these sites

cloudzydotcom, exnessdotcom, to mention a few.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by rottennaija(m): 11:53am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Can you use btc to buy oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism?
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by mrvitalis(m): 11:54am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Who told you something have to have use to be valuable?

Lmaooo

For something to be valuable it must have demand not use

2 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:55am On Feb 23
dappydozzy:

Interesting, what concern the US military about the US dollar, Is the military a fiscal or monetary authority in the US ?Oversabi. Is the US dollar really backed by value ? You need to learn more about the global financial system. The USD is not printed by the US Department of Treasury, but by the US Federal Reserve through its subsidiary, the US Bureau of Engraving.

Mumu the US Bureau of Engraving is under the treasure department.

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Inosky(m): 11:55am On Feb 23
But it's a stable coin and people are willing to exchange any coins with it. Even if you think people can't buy products outside of trading with it, it's a virtual dollar coin with almost same rate as USD, and you can save your money there and make gains as long as people still exchanges it for real money.
So WTF are you saying?? Rest abeg.

2 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Questionnaires(m): 11:55am On Feb 23
CuriousX:

You are naive. So as our naira cards are not working to make payments online, you expect people not to use crypto for payment? You have a website and your hosting and domain renewal is due and naira cards are not working to allow you make payments to keep your website and business online, what do you do? You buy crypto and make the payments simple!

Buhari printed 24trillion naira ways and means with out approval causing inflation but you are here trying to make me feel guilty for trying to survive but you are not blaming the politicians who loot billions of dollars and did stuff that put us in this mess. Stop the gaslighting undecided

Please, Just Leave These Novices Alone. Let Them Continue With Their Usual 8AM TO 5PM JOBS Under HOT Traffic....!

Leave Them To Continue Lamenting To Their God So That Their God Can Come Down From Heaven To Give Them Good President That Will Lead Them Well With Better Policies.

They Should Keep Up With Their Ignorances.

They Shouldn't Wake Up To Realise That The Politicians Work With Their Religious Leaders To Cajole Them into Financial Slavery Through The COLONIAL INDUSTRIAL WORLD That They Created.

It's The NEW WORLD ORDER Already For Some of Us; It's The World of Crypto Abundance Already!

This Present Bullish Year Has Not Started Well Yet; And It is Already Shaking The Corrupt Governments of Nigeria And Other Countries of The World.

People's Eyes Are FAST Awakening To The World of Digital Finance of Financial Freedom.

We've Seen Through All Their Facades Already.

There's No Better Time To Be Alive in This World...!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 11:57am On Feb 23
rottennaija:

Can you use btc to buy oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism?

Most reputable companies don’t accept internet money. And most countries don’t peg their local currency to internet money
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Daystar7: 11:57am On Feb 23
I was waiting to see the point of the long epistle but alas! I couldn't see none. A waste of my valuable time.

It's no longer BTC but USDT now huh? Jokers.

I kept abt #700k in GTB for 16 months and got nothing as interest rather it was charges upon charges. When I eventually needed the money I found out it has been blocked. I went to the bank to know why they said my account is dormant. I told them I've been making little deposits from time to time. They said I made no withdrawals. Lol. I just weak. I had to fill a form to get access to my own money. Nigeria banking system is poor and parasitic. There's no incentive for any money you keep in Nigerian bank. All my money has been in crypto and USDT and guess what? It's been the best decision I've made in regards to keeping money. I saved my money from not only being devalued but from unnecessary charges and stress. If I need naira I sell P2P and get naira on my palmpay. This way I don't spend more than I need.
People need to be informed and smart.
Nigeria politicians in government and those that voted for them are very unpatriotic and wicked. They convert and stash their money in $ then float instead of regulating it to devalue Naira in an economy that import than it exports. Sign contracts in dollars, bribe in dollars and then come to tell me to keep my money in a Nigerian bank in Naira and the same bank won't give me dollar when I need it but ask me to go get it at the black market while they sell to them.
You must think we're dumbos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Maxxim: 11:58am On Feb 23
What's the obsession with Usdt, your problem should be with Ngn, is there a way to make it a stable coin
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by rottennaija(m): 11:58am On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Most reputable companies don’t accept internet money. And most countries don’t peg their local currency to internet money

Can you use btc to buy oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism? That is the question.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by wealthyvic1: 11:59am On Feb 23
Bluearrow:
Smh
All these govt agents sef
Instead of advising your president to work on the economy, u are talking about usdt. Other countries like Ghana & south Africa, why are their currency not falling because of usdt? I pity una

They are suffering from financial illiteracy.
I have use usdt to settle alot of expenses.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria. / Why Has MMM Not Released Official Statement Prior To Resumption / Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.