Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar (28849 Views)

USDT Is Urgently Needed. / How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? / A Phd Holder In Finance doesn't know what USDT is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by SenecaTheYonger: 6:21pm On Feb 23
macrodata:
There are real world uses of USDT such as payments for decentralized betting, games, online shopping, on-ramp onboarding, payment card processors and almost everything you can think of except being used by government, which is the idea why crypto was created in the first place.

I don't think you even understand what crypto was meant for. It was suppose to be used and adopted by every one but could not be CONTROLLED by government.

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by binary01: 6:43pm On Feb 23
Goodluck depeging usdt, some people just type shit without thinking first
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Raph3177(m): 6:51pm On Feb 23
Justinlean02:
Like someone rightly pointed out on a previous crypto thread "Ignorant peope full this forum" lipsrsealed
The pic on your profile which platform is that ?
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by iLegendd(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23
Not everything needs to be GOld. Some things just need to be good to GO.

The only people this post can convince not to use USDT are those who haven't started crypto or anything trading yet.

7 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by adspelite(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23
Judithjovial:
OK, be there and be capping shit. We don't need everyone to believe and understand crypto we just keep making our USDT gains 247

Can I have you're telegram/WhatsApp.
I'm interested in the usdt trading 🙏

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dvkot(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23
Blackfire:

The trick there is that nothing or no one will be held responsible...

I warn ya
lol... thanks for your concern on top money wey no be you give me😂😂
The naira is crashing go and hold your government responsible
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dvkot(m): 8:11pm On Feb 23
Blackfire:

The trick there is that nothing or no one will be held responsible...

I warn ya
and besides I spend my usdt exactly the same way I used my MasterCard.. so you don't really know anything about usdt.
There are several sites that issues usdt MasterCard and with that card you can virtually shop and pay for goods anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
I pay for my Alibaba supplier with my usdt card, you don't really know anything about crypto
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by officialfestus(m): 8:12pm On Feb 23
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Judithjovial(f): 8:49pm On Feb 23
EmekaBlue:
to help me get fund my binance. I was waiting for this thread to die down so we can communicate here
wink onye guy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Blackfire(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23
dvkot:
and besides I spend my usdt exactly the same way I used my MasterCard.. so you don't really know anything about usdt.
There are several sites that issues usdt MasterCard and with that card you can virtually shop and pay for goods anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
I pay for my Alibaba supplier with my usdt card, you don't really know anything about crypto

Contradicting yourself...go on
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Bignuell(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23
Sponsored foolishness

3 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by dvkot(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23
Blackfire:

Contradicting yourself...go on
tf you talking about me contradicting myself? Crypto, wirex, nexo they all offer usdt debit cards
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by bobojoshua(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23
Judithjovial:
OK, be there and be capping shit. We don't need everyone to believe and understand crypto we just keep making our USDT gains 247
Please, can you help with how you make money trading and your strategy?
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by iLegendd(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23
I didn't even bother reading the full post. In USDT and BTC we trust.

2 Likes

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Intelcorei7: 9:59pm On Feb 23
Tinubu-sponsored post grin
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Justinlean02(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23
Raph3177:

The pic on your profile which platform is that ?
Tatspace
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Niyi4321: 10:57pm On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

Bro that’s not virtual dollar. No US government entity will accept USDT. It’s not dollar. It’s called Tether. Even US embassies won’t touch USDT and you claim it’s their money?
We don't need the US government to tell us the meaning of USDT. It's US dollar because that's the purpose it's designed to serve. And In my experience, it never did less of that.
You see ehh, what makes a thing real is because people believe it's real. You want to tell me why every other crypto currencies are measured against USDT?

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by mindtricks: 12:05am On Feb 24
Bluearrow:
Smh
All these govt agents sef
Instead of advising your president to work on the economy, u are talking about usdt. Other countries like Ghana & south Africa, why are their currency not falling because of usdt? I pity una
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by PaNnamdi: 2:41am On Feb 24
SenecaTheYonger:

For something to be valuable, it should have a use. What is the use of USDT outside crypto trading. Compare it with the use of actual USD (oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism, etc.)

I don’t have any problem with USDT but it should not be used as exchange rate for Nigeria’s economy.

USDT is printed by a random company called Tether, same way you can print meme coins in BNB chain, by imputing a bunch of values and boom. Not saying USDT is from BNB network. It’s from Tether.

But the USD is printed by the United States Department of Treasury and is backed by the US government and military.
Who come dey back naira na mopol grin
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by CSNg: 10:08am On Feb 24
saddler:
cool

This one is just capping.

USDT is even better than Nigerian naira.

Ask those who put their life saving in Nigerian naira since about 8 years now...

Their money is now worth less than 30% of what it was before.

Wetin be 30%?

Worth less than 70% sef.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by richidinho(m): 10:09am On Feb 24
iLegendd:
Not everything needs to be GOld. Some things just need to be good to GO.

The only people this post can convince not to use USDT are those who haven't started crypto or anything trading yet.

I need a crypto acct to receive money from a friend
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Love800(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24
Use it to do what?
didymario7:

USDT is becoming very popular in online payment. I use it all the time.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Konquest: 2:29am On Feb 25
SenecaTheYonger:
if you type ‘what does USDT stand for’ in Google you will never see United States Dollar Tether. So now tell me how a token which is printed from thin air, which you cannot buy oil with, you can’t sell oil and accept USDT as payment. You can’t pay hospital bills abroad, you can’t pay schools fees, you cannot export anything of relevance and collect USDT as payment. But somehow this is supposed to be competing with actual USD that we get from oil export and other trading of goods and services, etc.

USDT has no value outside of being a hedge for crypto coins to avoid the volatility typical of cryptocurrencies while holding funds within the crypto system. It has no real world use. But somehow, we use it as exchange rate for real actual dollars gotten from trading goods and services.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Konquest: 2:56am On Feb 25
NigerianEagle:
The crypto stablecoin USDT is not the same as US$.

This is a warning to those who are rushing to convert their life savings and wealth from Naira to USDT that they are taking a big risk.

The organisation which manages USDT claims that each unit of USDT is backed by an actual deposit of $1 in a bank but they have never been able to prove this.

There is no audit report or independent verification of this, the only document they have is an attestation.

There is a possibility of a stablecoin crashing and it has happened before.

If the USDT sufferers a serious depeg and crashes you will loose all the money you have there.

Go and read up about Do Kwon and his stablecoin UST which crashed and rendered thousands of people bankrupt.

Stop putting unnecessary pressure on the Naira by rushing to Binanc and other crypto exchanges to convert your money to USDT which is not even a legal tender in any country of the world!
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by nsiba: 6:17am On Feb 25
NigerianEagle:
The crypto stablecoin USDT is not the same as US$.

This is a warning to those who are rushing to convert their life savings and wealth from Naira to USDT that they are taking a big risk.

The organisation which manages USDT claims that each unit of USDT is backed by an actual deposit of $1 in a bank but they have never been able to prove this.

There is no audit report or independent verification of this, the only document they have is an attestation.

There is a possibility of a stablecoin crashing and it has happened before.

If the USDT sufferers a serious depeg and crashes you will loose all the money you have there.

Go and read up about Do Kwon and his stablecoin UST which crashed and rendered thousands of people bankrupt.

Stop putting unnecessary pressure on the Naira by rushing to Binanc and other crypto exchanges to convert your money to USDT which is not even a legal tender in any country of the world!

Good writing but I don't see how this is putting pressure on the naira instead it only proves that the naira fall is simply base on useless speculations both on the digital world and real sectors
People are just manipulating figures for the naira with nothing to prove why, the necessary authorities should simply go after the economic saboteurs

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by didymario7(m): 10:24am On Feb 25
Love800:
Use it to do what?
Pay for things online. My webhost accepts usdt, my broker does, vps provider also accepts usdt, prop-firms accept usdt also. I can go on and on...

1 Like

Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Wicoilham(m): 11:49am On Feb 25
Just coming across this post
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Love800(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25
U use a site for dis or an app?
didymario7:

Pay for things online. My webhost accepts usdt, my broker does, vps provider also accepts usdt, prop-firms accept usdt also. I can go on and on...
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by didymario7(m): 11:11pm On Feb 25
Love800:
U use a site for dis or an app?

Website.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Konquest: 11:37pm On Feb 28
SenecaTheYonger:

For something to be valuable, it should have a use. What is the use of USDT outside crypto trading. Compare it with the use of actual USD (oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism, etc.)

I don’t have any problem with USDT but it should not be used as exchange rate for Nigeria’s economy.

USDT is printed by a random company called Tether, same way you can print meme coins in BNB chain, by imputing a bunch of values and boom. Not saying USDT is from BNB network. It’s from Tether.

But the USD is printed by the United States Department of Treasury and is backed by the US government and military.
Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by Love800(m): 5:27am On Mar 01
Ok
didymario7:

Website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria. / How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke / Why Has MMM Not Released Official Statement Prior To Resumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.