Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,460 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria (36581 Views)

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time / Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Mindlog: 11:35am On Feb 23
Discountsempai:
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.

He would understudy Nwabali and co when called up.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Golan007: 11:35am On Feb 23
The guy na basket joor.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by 1kingsize: 11:36am On Feb 23
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Nostring: 11:36am On Feb 23
Na the love den show nwanbali touch am

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by bionixs: 11:37am On Feb 23
Evergreen4:
Once they notice they don't have chance in their country of birth, they quickly switch allegiance to their parents country.

Abeg NFF should look inward and give local players chance to play and develop.
when joblessness is mixed with witchcraft, it results to permanent stagnation
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Discountsempai: 11:37am On Feb 23
Barteze:

Did you note his age? Or you only think of super eagles?

I did, but at the same time, coaches tend to look at divisions, not at how good you are.

Vardy of England was always a good striker, but England coaches did not look at him until he was playing at Premier league level.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Antipob777(f): 11:38am On Feb 23
God bless Tinubu for this great achievement.

Nigeria getting to the promise land
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by bionixs: 11:38am On Feb 23
Discountsempai:
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.
for your OWN mind
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:38am On Feb 23
Brother man you fvcked up! You no see wetin the zombies did to Okocha's nephew? Alex Iwobi.. The Zoogerians got no respect for anybody..
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Think9ja(m): 11:39am On Feb 23
Evergreen4:
Once they notice they don't have chance in their country of birth, they quickly switch allegiance to their parents country.

Iwobi and Zaha are perfect case studies

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Tareq1105: 11:40am On Feb 23
You're welcome guy.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 11:43am On Feb 23
God1000:
This is commendable, I like his patriotism and love for Nigeria.

Pa....kini? Don't you know Nigeria is a free milk for the foreign players? The all see Nigeria as their fall back option.

Plan B fully secured!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by PepeXKermit: 11:43am On Feb 23
chigoziri2403:
There would be more nationality switches in the near future

Foreign remittance at work

Very soon watching the super eagles would be like watching a champions league side

I expect the likes of Ross barley, Curtis Jones
Michael olise, destiny Udogie etc to join us

Edake jor oga
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Jerryhare: 11:43am On Feb 23
Antipob777:
God bless Tinubu for this great achievement.

Nigeria getting to the promise land

Nigeria is already at the promise land with 50kg bag of rice at 90k
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by sexiestharam(f): 11:43am On Feb 23
chigoziri2403:

Very soon watching the super eagles would be like watching a champions league side

Uncle, they can't! Once you play for the senior national team for a country, you can't switch! You should know that!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Discountsempai: 11:44am On Feb 23
bionixs:
for your OWN mind

Maybe, but we would see.

All i know is, if you are being considered for national team selection, the division where your club is located is an important part of it.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by manutdrichie(m): 11:47am On Feb 23
BewareOf419:
BREAKING NEWS!

FIFA Approves FRANCIS UZOHO's Nationality Switch To AFGHANISTAN 🇦🇫

grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Jahwinaboy(m): 11:49am On Feb 23
Evergreen4:

You may have a point tho
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 11:49am On Feb 23
God1000:
always Igbos
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by JERRY1925(m): 11:55am On Feb 23
NGArmyTerrorist:
Brother man you fvcked up! You no see wetin the zombies did to Okocha's nephew? Alex Iwobi.. The Zoogerians got no respect for anybody..

Lol..the love wey Nigerians get for iwobi..u will only know when a South African or GHANAIAN insult him.

Nigerians are very fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by SK1SOLA: 11:59am On Feb 23
The end of uzoho from the national team, no one has confidence in him, this guy will be a perfect replacement. This will encourage JABO grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:27pm On Feb 23
JERRY1925:

Lol..the love wey Nigerians get for iwobi..u will only know when a South African or GHANAIAN insult him.

Nigerians are very fun.

its very very disrespectful! There's no love it it, only hatred and threat to life. People don't need such love you're trying to portray. God bless you.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Ashirioluwa: 12:28pm On Feb 23
God1000:

This has nothing to do with either being patriotic or not, but it's a smart and calculated move on his part because he has a close to zero chance of manning the goalie for England at the senior stage.

He is a good goalkeeper with room for improvement, but England's goalkeeper options ranking right now is not in his favor; he doesn't even fit in the first tenth spot, and this is the real reason he switched nationality so he can come here to fight for a spot.

Smart move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Nfora: 12:31pm On Feb 23
Fact Check: All the greatest players and goal keepers Nigeria ever had, originated from our local leagues and academies.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23
Una nor wan just let Francis Uzoho breathe...! tongue
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Geovanni412(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23
seunlayi:
I think our Gk problem since Enyeama left is resolved. Its all let for our coaches

The boy lacks the head shape

We don't need another fine boy keeper

Just kidding...

I hope the lad is good enough so that we never have to bring in Uzoho again.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23
God1000:
He most likely switched because he saw no prospects for playtime with England. Does he even know the road to his village?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Ashirioluwa: 12:46pm On Feb 23
chigoziri2403:

Players can only switch before they play for the senior national team.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by tivity101: 12:55pm On Feb 23
Factual! He is just 22yrs, for a goalie he still have many years on the pitch

stano2:
I think with time, his time will come.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by victorazy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23
chigoziri2403:

Your right grin more switch to follow.

I think Olise is willing.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by leathalbeast: 1:00pm On Feb 23
If only Nigeria can turn back the hands of time and make ray okocha youthful again. But I think Nigeria should assign him to scout both local and international to find a Nigerian player who is creative like he was.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Maxtipulation(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23
Onyeigbo10000:
Hope he's good as nwabali

Better than Nwabali...no cap

He saved incredible and tricky balls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks On Rape Allegation, Says He’s Not Going To Feed Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.