Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria (36600 Views)

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time / Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by RichDaniels: 4:36pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

SOURCE

©Wikipedia

I say this everyday, I am not igbo, but Igbos are the most patriotic Nigerians ever. They invest, build and do all they have in Nigeria across every region.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by uniquetechng: 4:41pm On Feb 23
Omoawoke:

You obviously don’t understand my post.

When you dig a little into history, read about Berlin conference and how the British destroyed our dear continent with their colonialism and slave trade era. That’s what is still affecting us till today and we haven’t recovered. And that’s why the Africans are still unable to enjoy the resources of their land because the resources are being exploited by the same England. It’s not about patriotism, it’s a spiritual thing to choose a side that enslaved your ancestors and made even their generations (which includes us) to lose balance till date.
And when you try to enter their country, they make it very difficult, yet cocoa from africa is feeding European kids while kids here die of hunger. You can have British passport, American passport, make all the money you can over there, but when it’s time to give back, it should not be to a country like England
Slave trade is not affecting you in anyway, Nigeria got her independence in 1960 that's thats 60 years ago, South Africa got her independence in 1990 but can you compare the progress of both countries ?
The money looted by Shagari, Buhari, Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha and all the politicians that has served in one capacity or the other since 1983 should be held responsible.
In 1990 Dubai was still a desert but today it's a mega city, Lagos State has the IGR as Dubai but can you compare both cities ? The difference are the leaders.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by adedayoa2(f): 4:52pm On Feb 23
World Cup is sure.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 4:54pm On Feb 23
Only Nigerians in Nigeria don't respect their country...everywhere else...people want to identify as Nigerians. You don't have to be unpatriotic because you hate your leaders or like them...Americans hate Trump, hated Bush, hated Obama, hate Biden...but when the National Anthem starts, everyone stands up for the flag...even if you are in a restaurant. God Bless Nigeria, God Bless America.

fergie001:

SOURCE

©Wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by fergie001: 5:01pm On Feb 23
MasterTeeUSA:
Only Nigerians in Nigeria don't respect their country...everywhere else...people want to identify as Nigerians. You don't have to be unpatriotic because you hate your leaders or like them...Americans hate Trump, hated Bush, hated Obama, hate Biden...but when the National Anthem starts, everyone stands up for the flag...even if you are in a restaurant. God Bless Nigeria, God Bless America.

God Bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by ViceGovernor: 5:30pm On Feb 23
What of all those that were stolen by England.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23
Discountsempai:
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.

Please what division is Uzoho playing?
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Charly68: 8:45pm On Feb 23
Nigeria is a nation with good and patriotic citizens but bad leaders ... We pray God will help us
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Thazard(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
Nwabali needs my help.

gringringrin
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Amalekki: 12:20am On Feb 24
That's true. Even my friend Rajiv said Igbos are very patriotic Indians which was the exact statement also made by the deputy governor of Libreville on Igbos in Gabon. Even South Africa acknowledges this. Very very patriotic and law abiding investors and builders everywhere.

RichDaniels:

I say this everyday, I am not igbo, but Igbos are the most patriotic Nigerians ever. They invest, build and do all they have in Nigeria across every region.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 3:10am On Feb 24
Princezibk:
shut it Joor !

Ola aina, ADEMOLA Lookman and co are Igbo ??

Just capping shits on top yeye tribe 😏😏
see

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by ufuosman(m): 9:50am On Feb 24
Good one
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 10:41am On Feb 24
AmuDimpka:
see
Na your trademark ™️ be that 🤣🤣👍👍
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24
chigoziri2403:
There would be more nationality switches in the near future

Foreign remittance at work

Very soon watching the super eagles would be like watching a champions league side

I expect the likes of Ross barley, Curtis Jones
Michael olise, destiny Udogie etc to join us
Which Ross Barkley??
Dey play.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 12:14pm On Feb 24
BewareOf419:
BREAKING NEWS!

FIFA Approves FRANCIS UZOHO's Nationality Switch To AFGHANISTAN 🇦🇫
Problem solved. 😂😂😂
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Testimony1988(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24
Good one.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by NaijaPrince18: 4:02am On Feb 25
Omoawoke:
When I see black players from africa playing for England, it makes me wonder that blacks will never ever learn.

Bukola saka is Yoruba but will never earn my respect in this lifetime. I fault his parents too. The same people that came to enslave you and turn your land to a desert, that same country you choose over your own country. This is beyond patriotism, it is a spiritual thing
He’s doing better as English than any Nigerian. His country is England. He’s Yoruba not Nigerian. Yoruba people have always done well outside Nigeria. Maybe ask yourself is Nigeria holding them back?
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Avery78: 3:02pm On Feb 27
It's fantastic to see Arthur Okonkwo's nationality switch approved by FIFA! His decision to represent Nigeria brings excitement and pride to football fans. Looking forward to seeing him shine in the green and white colors! 🇳🇬
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Rostikol: 6:56pm On Feb 27
Goodday90:
They call us emergency lover of Nigeria but if you notice more Igbo born outside the country prefer Nigeria while their people always rejects Nigeria
Yet we are the emergency lover of Nigeria while they are the real lovers of Nigeria
No body is more Nigerian than an Igbo person

EBERECHI EZE WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR NEW OKOCHA WAS DISSUADED FROM CHOOSING NIGERIA BY HIS IGBO IPOB PARENTS IN LONDON. HE CHOSE ENGLAND, AND AFTER ONE INCONSEQUENTIAL GAME HE PLAYED FOR THEM AS A SUB, THEY HAVE BLANKED HIM.

NOW IT IS TOO LATE FOR HIM TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA.

TOTAL WASTE OF TALENT AND VERY DISAPPOINTING.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Goodday90(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27
Rostikol:

EBERECHI EZE WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR NEW OKOCHA WAS DISSUADED FROM CHOOSING NIGERIA BY HIS IGBO IPOB PARENTS IN LONDON. HE CHOSE ENGLAND, AND AFTER ONE INCONSEQUENTIAL GAME HE PLAYED FOR THEM AS A SUB, THEY HAVE BLANKED HIM.

NOW IT IS TOO LATE FOR HIM TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA.

TOTAL WASTE OF TALENT AND VERY DISAPPOINTING.
So his parents are now IPOB,when it’s positive they are all Nigerians and not Igbo but when it dosent go your way,they are IPOB ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of World Cup(photos) / Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) / Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.