Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria (36582 Views)

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time / Kevin Akpoguma: FIFA Approves Ex-German Youth Star’s Switch To Nigeria / FIFA Approves New Football Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Maxtipulation(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23
Agbadocassava:
Nobody can displace our Nwabali

Have you watched him play before?

His very good

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Connected1: 1:06pm On Feb 23
NGArmyTerrorist:
its very very disrespectful! There's no love it it, only hatred and threat to life. People don't need such love you're trying to portray. God bless you.
Who be this one 😂

In Nigeria, your family will beat the hell out of you and insult you when you fuvk up and outsiders will be wondering if you are hated.

When problem go burst na when anyone of the outsiders touch you, na full squad go mount em place, this is who we are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Connected1: 1:08pm On Feb 23
Evergreen4:
Once they notice they don't have chance in their country of birth, they quickly switch allegiance to their parents country.

Abeg NFF should look inward and give local players chance to play and develop.
There are many players who don't get national call ups for these foreign teams, yet they don't want to come to play for Nigeria.

I am not saying you are wrong but it's a mere assumption, you can't play for a country you don't love, the national team is not a club.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Ashirioluwa: 1:08pm On Feb 23
He needs a squad like the Super Eagles to showcase his potential, and this might help him land a better contract because right now it seems like the young man is working for free for his club with that meager salary he is getting from them weekly. Earning £1538 weekly as a professional football player can cause depression.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by CondemnBattery(f): 1:13pm On Feb 23
Great, but he know that it is almost impossible for England to call him up. Wise boy.
God1000:
This is commendable, I like his patriotism and love for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by shegzbillionz(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23
His head is not like nwabali or enyeama's... We no accept
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Damian10(m): 1:16pm On Feb 23
Welcome blood
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by JERRY1925(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23
NGArmyTerrorist:
its very very disrespectful! There's no love it it, only hatred and threat to life. People don't need such love you're trying to portray. God bless you.

I get. But this is Nigeria.
Most of the people shouting..Tinubu government is bad, na appointments they never see.

We are strange people.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by chigoziri2403(m): 1:19pm On Feb 23
sexiestharam:

Uncle, they can't! Once you play for the senior national team for a country, you can't switch! You should know that!
You can play twice for one team and switch
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by ObalendeCMS: 1:26pm On Feb 23
For glory & the fame. I want to believe he's not necessary being patriotic.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Zeezenho: 1:49pm On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
Nwabali needs my help.

Oga a your well.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by fkelly(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
Nwabali needs my help.

Seriously
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by shadrach77: 1:52pm On Feb 23
God1000:
This is commendable, I like his patriotism and love for Nigeria.
Can you believe Nwabali is only 4 years older than this guy cry
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:00pm On Feb 23
Connected1:

Who be this one 😂

In Nigeria, your family will beat the hell out of you and insult you when you fuvk up and outsiders will be wondering if you are hated.

When problem go burst na when anyone of the outsiders touch you, na full squad go mount em place, this is who we are.
Is very very bad! God bless you
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:04pm On Feb 23
chigoziri2403:
There would be more nationality switches in the near future

Foreign remittance at work

Very soon watching the super eagles would be like watching a champions league side

I expect the likes of Ross barley, Curtis Jones
Michael olise, destiny Udogie etc to join us
I don’t think we’ll get positive feedback from those you listed ooo ,,, they’re committed to their country of birth
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:08pm On Feb 23
Discountsempai:
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.
he has potential to become great 👍,,, So it’s a win for us , besides we are the one who complain to catch them before explosion 💥 cuz it will be hard to convince them …

So let’s appreciate him and others willing to commit, it gives room for plethora of players to pick from hun
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:09pm On Feb 23
pacino26:
A true Patriot. But his village pipu finally got to him very early. He is leaving a system where merit and capacity is valued to a system at the pinnacle of NEPOTISM. I wish him luck

For your mind ,,, you made sense 😏😏
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:12pm On Feb 23
BewareOf419:
BREAKING NEWS!

FIFA Approves FRANCIS UZOHO's Nationality Switch To AFGHANISTAN 🇦🇫

Kai ,,, that’s too far 🤣🤣

I and my honorable countrymen excitingly donate him for free to Ghana 🇬🇭 black stars 🌟 🫣🫣
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Omoawoke: 2:15pm On Feb 23
When I see black players from africa playing for England, it makes me wonder that blacks will never ever learn.

Bukola saka is Yoruba but will never earn my respect in this lifetime. I fault his parents too. The same people that came to enslave you and turn your land to a desert, that same country you choose over your own country. This is beyond patriotism, it is a spiritual thing

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:22pm On Feb 23
AmuDimpka:
always Igbos
shut it Joor !

Ola aina, ADEMOLA Lookman and co are Igbo ??

Just capping shits on top yeye tribe 😏😏
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by ZaddyJ: 2:29pm On Feb 23
VeryWickedMan:
Nwabali needs my help.
No I disagree Uzoh needs your help more . Because Nwabali is well established in the department
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Princezibk: 2:30pm On Feb 23
Angelfrost:
Una nor wan just let Francis Uzoho breathe...! tongue
Make he go man post for him papa 👴 house 🤣🤣
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by uniquetechng: 2:56pm On Feb 23
Discountsempai:
I doubt they may call him up.

Wrexham is a League 2 club. Yes, the owners have high ambitons, but since we have two or three goalies who play first league football in the countries where they are based, looking at someone from League 2 is a big ask.
EnglandLeague Two is ranked higher than South Africa Premier League where Nwabali plays, you also missed where it was stated that he is an Arsenal player and has been on loan at Stum Graz in Austria Bundesliga. Dude has better experience than Nwabali.
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by ogbonti: 2:57pm On Feb 23
Agbadocassava:
Nobody can displace our Nwabali

No gain talking about displacing anyone

We need competition to make everyone sit up

Just becausr Nwabali is doing well should not

make us have heart attack when he is

injured because Uzoho will replace him

We need plenty players in every wing of the

super eagles so that is anything happens

we wont be fasting a praying for the replacment

to be good enough to save us from avoidable

defeat - we once had 4 great goalkeepers in the

Super Eagles when we were at out peak in

1994 - Peter Rufai/ Wilfred Agbonavbare/ Alloy Agu / Christian Obi ——- with David Ngodigha on the side —/// All good in their prime - Thats what we need now- An avalanche of talents at every wing so that no player can play God to Nigeria
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by uniquetechng: 2:58pm On Feb 23
Omoawoke:
When I see black players from africa playing for England, it makes me wonder that blacks will never ever learn.

Bukola saka is Yoruba but will never earn my respect in this lifetime. I fault his parents too. The same people that came to enslave you and turn your land to a desert, that same country you choose over your own country. This is beyond patriotism, it is a spiritual thing
Playing for England is way way better than playing for Nigeria, as an ex Three Lions player John Fashenu still receives pension from the British government, can you say the same for our ex players ?
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Juoflife1(f): 3:19pm On Feb 23
He's young. He will be useful for us
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by martineverest(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23
I like the way african footballers in diaspora are beginning to respect AFCON in general...who noticed that most of last AFCON players were born in Europe
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by chigoziri2403(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23
Princezibk:
I don’t think we’ll get positive feedback from those you listed ooo ,,, they’re committed to their country of birth
Some, not all
They are aware of what happened to agbonlahor, shittu, welbeck

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by Omoawoke: 4:16pm On Feb 23
uniquetechng:
Playing for England is way way better than playing for Nigeria, as an ex Three Lions player John Fashenu still receives pension from the British government, can you say the same for our ex players ?

You obviously don’t understand my post.

When you dig a little into history, read about Berlin conference and how the British destroyed our dear continent with their colonialism and slave trade era. That’s what is still affecting us till today and we haven’t recovered. And that’s why the Africans are still unable to enjoy the resources of their land because the resources are being exploited by the same England. It’s not about patriotism, it’s a spiritual thing to choose a side that enslaved your ancestors and made even their generations (which includes us) to lose balance till date.
And when you try to enter their country, they make it very difficult, yet cocoa from africa is feeding European kids while kids here die of hunger. You can have British passport, American passport, make all the money you can over there, but when it’s time to give back, it should not be to a country like England
Re: FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria by gforce5: 4:16pm On Feb 23
You guys make me laugh. Talking about his "patriotism" and s**t lol. Dude knows that he has ZERO chance of getting into England first 22 let alone first 11. Dude also plays for Wrexham. That's like division two. Dude understands that he has a better chance of getting more play time playing for Nigeria than England. It's just commonsense. Nigeria is a fall back option for many people when things don't go well abroad. Know this and know peace. It's the very reason many of us are here. The same thing with non-Nigerians like Peseiro. Nigeria is an option for people who aren't doing well in the very competitive western world. We should focus more on home-players who are hungry and have no plan "B" if things go south.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks On Rape Allegation, Says He’s Not Going To Feed Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.