Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,178 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo (33967 Views)

Senator Monday Okpebholo Biography, Wikipedia, Age, State, Wife, Net Worth / Check Yoruba People Comment On BBC Yoruba When Tinubu Was Declared APC Winner / 'God Knows Best' - Davido Reacts After INEC Declared APC’s Oyetola Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Bimpe29: 7:33pm On Feb 23
EhisChelsea1:

Yes, he is from Esan too. Congratulations Monday Okphebholo, the next governor of Edo State
Really 🥺
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

How
u Kno u when it comes to analyzing politics u are so sentimental towards APC so I won't bother wasting time with u.. let's wait till period elections ll come and go...
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 7:57pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

What is more humiliating than the results announced by uzodinma?
What were you expecting from Uzodinma but to help the man who paved the way for him to be Governor.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by press9jatv: 8:10pm On Feb 23
tivity101:
Of course... Dr Asue Ighodalo will surely flood this guy in a free and fair election

yes soo

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by adeboizy11(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23
Two of us are brutally wicked, i told some people in Edo state last year that the next governor of Edo state is gon be ugly
Oblitz:
Hmm

He won't still win the elections.
He's not ugly enough grin
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

What were you expecting from Uzodinma but to help the man who paved the way for him to be Governor.

He should have done it with credibility
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 8:32pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

He should have done it with credibility
How?
From the outset, it looked like the Presidency had backed an Esan agenda. For POI to be so defiant and even stand down, they had instructions from above.

Tinubu played Oshiomhole by telling him all was well .... No, all wasn't well starting from the Acting Party Chair.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
How?
From the outset, it looked like the Presidency had backed an Esan agenda. For POI to be so defiant and even stand down, they had instructions from above.

Tinubu played Oshiomhole by telling him all was well .... No, all wasn't well starting from the Acting Party Chair.

Since the presidency is backing esan matter, oshiomhole has to file in.he could still have gotten his way by fronting denco months ago
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 8:45pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:
Since the presidency is backing esan matter, oshiomhole has to file in. He could still have gotten his way by fronting denco months ago
You make me laugh, the few days will tell.
I remembered when something happened like this to me at Students Election, I was the Oshiomhole then and dealt a devastating blow. That was students politics though......
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Uniquekriss(m): 8:51pm On Feb 23
Oshiomhole is not in support of this guy, Asue is the anointed candidate, Akpata is not known by the Edo people, the odds favour Ighodalo cos he's the Governor's candidate and he has a good CV though with not so much experience in active politics, Okpebholo may have a huge task ahead cos APC has been banished in Edo, his zone, Edo central is a minority and very small compared to the other two senatorial zones amd thirdly, Oshiomhole may not support him, Akpata of Labour Party would have had an upper hand but he's relatively unknown, he doesn't wield the political might among the elites in the state and he's new in politics though Labour Party has so much ground in the state cos of the youth wey no dey gree for anybody(trust Edo youth na) so in summary, the game is between Asue and Akpata but Asue will win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
You make me laugh, the few days will tell.
I remembered when something happened like this to me at Students Election, I was the Oshiomhole then and dealt a devastating blow. That was students politics though......

Students politics gives you an idea of the real politics.unlike you that went far in nans,I never went beyond sug level even though bassey eka aka shogolo tried to cajole me to join.one thing I have learnt in politics is to flow with the tide or the winning team based on flexibility though loyalty pays.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 9:28pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:
Students politics gives you an idea of the real politics.unlike you that went far in nans,I never went beyond sug level even though bassey eka aka shogolo tried to cajole me to join.one thing I have learnt in politics is to flow with the tide or the winning team based on flexibility though loyalty pays.
See, POI piloted everything so he is the defacto leader of APC in Edo as we speak whether we like it or not.

It's left for Oshio to respect Tinubu or to take his pound of flesh. It is easier to say but the man's ego has been bruised, at this juncture, he holds everyone as an enemy. I saw his boys led by Kabaka singing and dancing before the results were called... Ize-Iyamu is a goat ooo, goat oooo, etc.

So it's more than just the election, a lot of things are at stake.

The guy I punished with that over a decade ago, is on NL shocked
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by ogbonti: 9:37pm On Feb 23
zed7:

Too much grammar over a simple statement. Go and check your BP.

the BP wey kee ya papa na him go kee u grin grin grin grin
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

See, POI piloted everything so he is the defacto leader of APC in Edo as we speak whether we like it or not.

It's left for Oshio to respect Tinubu or to take his pound of flesh. It is easier to say but the man's ego has been bruised, at this juncture, he holds everyone as an enemy. I saw his boys led by Kabaka singing and dancing before the results were called... Ize-Iyamu is a goat ooo, goat oooo, etc.

So it's more than just the election, a lot of things are at stake.

The guy I punished with that over a decade ago, is on NL shocked

POI initially was contesting na until he stepped down at the last minute for Monday alongside imasuen and several others.pastor no be small man no,he is as strong as oshiomhole except that he is not as popular among voters.
If oshio is wise,he should work with them so that pastor won't take the glory Incase APC wins.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 9:48pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:
POI initially was contesting na until he stepped down at the last minute for Monday alongside imasuen and several others.pastor no be small man no,he is as strong as oshiomhole except that he is not as popular among voters.
He stepped down to pilot the ship.
If oshio is wise,he should work with them so that pastor won't take the glory Incase APC wins.
POI is already in charge.
He is defacto leader, everything was orchestrated from his house.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

He stepped down to pilot the ship.

POI is already in charge.
He is defacto leader, everything was orchestrated from his house.

Lol but Abuja and nwc knows oshiomhole and will always put him ahead of any other person
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 9:56pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

Lol but Abuja and nwc knows oshiomhole and will always put him ahead of any other person
He has seen through that.

You said that today, all politics is local.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
He has seen through that.

You said that today, all politics is local.

That is why he needs to act fast and reconcile with okpebholo so that he can produce a running mate and remain leader during these electioneering stage
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 10:02pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

That is why he needs to act fast and reconcile with okpebholo so that he can produce a running mate and remain leader during these electioneering stage
You are funny, if you are in Oshio's mind now, it's fury, rage.
How can Lieutenants plan a coup against the Commander of the army, it's treason and deserves only one punishment.

Anyways both parties will likely pick from Edo S. So whom they pick will go a long way to help them. I perceive Oba & co may go for a woman.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:04pm On Feb 23
Sctests:

Agbado muncher dey deceive him monsurudeen skull, he register handle less than 1year, dey claim Nwunne Wike. Na their way. grin
nwonne and not nwunne... My love for Tinubu And Nigeria is final... And I pray that the south east will love Nigeria too
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

You are funny, if you are in Oshio's mind now, it's fury, rage.
How can Lieutenants plan a coup against the Commander of the army, it's treason and deserves only one punishment.

Anyways both parties will likely pick from Edo S. So whom they pick will go a long way to help them. I perceive Oba & co may go for a woman.

Not all reason so.oshio is in the cartel of cool,calculated politicians like tinubu,ganduje, akpabio who will advise him.this wasn't a coup,his candidate simply lost in a free,fair and credible poll.
Remember when ikpeazu wanted to impose late prof,he lobbied all the stakeholders and got the support of t.a orji and ikuku.ayade did same.wike imposed fubara but along the line lobbied for support.this is commonsense
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Indispensable85(m): 10:16pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

I heard something of sort in rivers between amechi and wike.let us support okpebholo,he will pacify oshio with deputy

Hmmmm.....I laff. I personally want osho to stay away from this election. I want to check something.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Indispensable85(m): 10:17pm On Feb 23
NzogbuNzogbu:
denco na small pikin and he can lick oshomole anuus till 8 yrs

Hmmmm...u can never tell. Many though so with fubara.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 10:18pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:
Not all reason so.oshio is in the cartel of cool,calculated politicians like tinubu,ganduje, akpabio who will advise him. this wasn't a coup,his candidate simply lost in a free,fair and credible poll.
Remember when ikpeazu wanted to impose late prof,he lobbied all the stakeholders and got the support of t.a orji and ikuku.ayade did same.wike imposed fubara but along the line lobbied for support.this is commonsense
The bolded is funny to the extent gave his Idahosa 300+ in his LGA.... Fear God nah grin
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

The bolded is funny to the extent gave his Idahosa 300+ in his LGA.... Fear God nah grin

It is possible.msybe they were two different primaries and his own faction was rejected
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 10:23pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

It is possible.msybe they were two different primaries and his own faction was rejected
Not maybe, that was what happened.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Willed042(m): 10:44pm On Feb 23
EdoGovernor2024:

I am NOT a praise singer.

I am a PRACTICAL Politician that is involved in Edo State Politics and National Politics.

I worked in The Presidential Villa (Aso Rock) for seven years as a Political Strategist and Political Mobilizer.

I projected/prophesied since 2023 on NAIRALAND that Senator Monday Okpebholo will Win APC Primary in 2024. And it came to pass.

I hereby maintain my prophesy/projection that Senator Monday Okpebholo will be elected the NEW Governor of Edo State in 2024.

I am a STAKEHOLDER because I am a native of THE SAME Uwessan community with Senator Monday Okpebholo. I am his Elder Kinsman in UWESSAN Community.

I am a STAKEHOLDER because Senator Monday Okpebholo was MY STUDENT (I was his Teacher) in Ujabhole Grammar School, Uwessan-Irrua.

I am a STAKEHOLDER because Senator Monday Okpebholo has been MY STUDENT in Positive Thinking Orientation Lectures since 1984 (since 40 years ago).
If u say so. But no reasonable someone would chose to debate you because, like I said , you are not a candidate to the election.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Aiel123: 10:49pm On Feb 23
Asue v Monday
Akpata of LP is not in the race to win.
APC needs Oshiomole more than even air if they are going to win.
PDP needs the renegades group lead by Orbih and co... though I'm yet to see Orbih strength as he has never won his lga all through his political sojourn for PDP.
Who the Binis want would have a slender edge
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Not maybe, that was what happened.

Looking at the list,it was almost the same set of officials so it was obvious and again denco protested against the list.prince did a fine job
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 11:28pm On Feb 23
Aiel123:
Asue v Monday
Akpata of LP is not in the race to win.
APC needs Oshiomole more than even air if they are going to win.
PDP needs the renegades group lead by Orbih and co... though I'm yet to see Orbih strength as he has never won his lga all through his political sojourn for PDP.
Who the Binis want would have a slender edge

Lp should have given to imansusgbon,prince iseghohi or hon sergius ogun.apc needs oshiomhole but if he isn't ready,they can do without him..
When orbih was in pdp,pdp usually win presidential and nass polls.he gave APC a bloody nose.as it stands,the binis are indifferent though choice of running mate will matter...
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by EdoGovernor2024: 11:31pm On Feb 23
Willed042:

If u say so. But no reasonable someone would chose to debate you because, like I said , you are not a candidate to the election.

Everyone commenting on this topic are ALREADY DEBATING about Senator Monday Okpebholo and Edo Governorship Election 2024!

YOU are already debating with me here!

By your reasoning that anybody debating with me is unreasonable, do I take it that you are an unreasonable person?
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by ThebestPromise: 11:51pm On Feb 23
Behold the next Governor of Edo State.

Oshiomole is still the leader of APC in Edo State. Edo North is secured for APC because Shuaibu that would have given APC a little run for their money is in odd with the PDP working.

Anslem and co in the central will work their livers out to deliver APC to spite Obaseki who they believed betrayed them. There is possibility of Dan Orbih working for Monday to win.

The APC candidate was endorsed by Ize Iyamu and other APC contestants in the South .

I would have preferred Ighodalo but things are not adding up base on the structure he's standing on.

Akpata of the LP may not fly because of mutual understanding on power rotation to Central.

Edo political bigwigs are not in tandem with Obaseki so expect a backlash.
seunmsg:

Will Oshiomhole and his Edo north people back him considering the bad blood from the primary election?

The guy is popular in Edo Central though. He defeated PDP for the first time since 1999 to emerge as senator representing Edo Central. The Benin people of Edo South have no candidate in this election so their votes will be divided depending on the candidate of LP. If Oshiomole can deliver Edo North for him, he may win the election.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yusuf Adabenege, Yahaya Bello’s Aide Assassinated In Kogi / Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed / 2019: Jaaruma Is Donating N5,000,000 To Atiku & N5,000,000 To Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.