Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,704 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo (34124 Views)

Senator Monday Okpebholo Biography, Wikipedia, Age, State, Wife, Net Worth / Check Yoruba People Comment On BBC Yoruba When Tinubu Was Declared APC Winner / 'God Knows Best' - Davido Reacts After INEC Declared APC’s Oyetola Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by tivity101: 12:31pm On Feb 23
Of course... Dr Asue Ighodalo will surely flood this guy in a free and fair election

press9jatv:
Na still dr Asue Ighodalo that will win the governorship election πŸ—³.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by martineverest(m): 12:32pm On Feb 23
billionman:
This is a tactical move by the APC. Both Ighodalo and Okpebholo are from Esan (Edo central), but Okpebholo seems to be more grassrooted than Ighodalo. Will the Esans prefer Okpebholo, seeing that he's coming through APC or will they stick to Ighodalo who is from their preferred party, the PDP. Either way, I see Ighodalo as the next governor because the political odds will favour him considering how the game will pan out in the other two senatorial districts, and he being Obaseki's candidate. Let's watch and see how it plays out
Edo central is irredeemably a PDP region since 1998....it's very difficult for other parties to win that region...the PDP seeds Anthony anenih planted in that region might never be uprooted

8 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Ogiame: 12:32pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Monday is more grassroot-ed than him. He is also a former PDP boy, he is also backed by the renegades led by POI.

They are all United against Oshiomhole.

Only the power of incumbency and if Oshiomhole plays Anti-Party (which will definitely be expected) can Asuen get ahead.
Does POI have any relevance in Edo politics? He is just like Great Ogboru of Delta.

Fergie my brother, Okpebholo himself, knows the heavy challenge ahead of him.

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by whizzler: 12:32pm On Feb 23
Theoarhics:
Oshiomole is a gunner. His political base is gone. He's candidate has lost Dennis Idahosa. Ize Iyamu and Lucky Imasuen plotted against Oshiomole and his candidate and they had there way. Oshiomole only has stand in Edo North. He over estimated himself.

The elections proper will prove that Oshiomhole didn't over estimate himself. He made his calculations but it was the gang up from Edo south and Edo central that swayed things

1 Like

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:32pm On Feb 23
Coronavirus1:
If Labour Party produce Edo south man as their gubernatorial candidate they might pull surprise because the Esan vote will be divided between Apc and PDP. Auchi as deputy game over.

Bini people are the ones shouting for esan agenda

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Quelme: 12:33pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

If Oshio plays ball because it's looking like both sides will pick Deputy from Edo South.

So what is in for Edo N?
Speaker HOA
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by whizzler: 12:33pm On Feb 23
Ogiame:
Does POI have any relevance in Edo politics? He is just like Great Ogboru of Delta.

Tell them, this primary is the beginning of his challenges
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Monday is more grassroot-ed than him. He is also a former PDP boy, he is also backed by the renegades led by POI.

They are all United against Oshiomhole.

Only the power of incumbency and if Oshiomhole plays Anti-Party (which will definitely be expected) can Asuen get ahead.

Oshiomhole can never play anti party especially in favour of pdp.whstever he does,Edo north will still go apc

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Ogiame: 12:34pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

If Oshio plays ball because it's looking like both sides will pick Deputy from Edo South.

So what is in for Edo N?
The Speaker of the HOA will be zoned to Edo North.

2 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Sharz: 12:34pm On Feb 23
ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT APC WILL NOT WIN EDO STATE, TINUBU HAVE SPOILED SHOW FOR APC CANDIDATES

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 23
OVB123:
The influence of Edo south policitians, such as Pst. Ize Iyamu, Lucky Imasuen and host of others were too strong for oshiomhole to surmount and also need to abide by zoning also play out too.

Plus a lot of federal backing helped him
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by tivity101: 12:34pm On Feb 23
Dr Asue Ighodalo will surely have the day if given a level playing ground in an election. His developmental anticident and technical know how is something not from this space.

4 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 12:34pm On Feb 23
Ogiame:

Okay, I am not neutral in Edo, I want my candidate to win oooo.
The Speaker of the HOA will be zoned to Edo North.
Chai, I come dey pity Oshio Baba

1 Like

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by emilo2bad: 12:34pm On Feb 23
whizzler:
He can't beat A I on a level playing field.
AI that can't speak esan that will be his disadvantage

2 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Quelme: 12:35pm On Feb 23
whizzler:

And Oshiomhole might play anti party or refrain from campaigning vigorously as he usually does. Esan should have produced someone brighter
Oshiomole is a Tinubu man and will never commit to any anti party activity. Party decision is supreme, that's Oshobaba for you.

5 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23
Theoarhics:
Oshiomole is a gunner. His political base is gone. He's candidate has lost Dennis Idahosa. Ize Iyamu and Lucky Imasuen plotted against Oshiomole and his candidate and they had there way. Oshiomole only has stand in Edo North. He over estimated himself.

I think he can reconcile with iyamu and denco can be the running mate if not PST iyamu will be the next party leader

1 Like

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23
Ogiame:
Esan West
Esan Central, Esan North-East are already on lockdown for Ighodalo.

Okpebolo will sweep the Edo North.

Lol,esan that he has never been to

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by OVB123: 12:35pm On Feb 23
seunmsg:

This guy broke a record last year by defeating the PDP candidate to emerge as the Senator representing Edo Central. He is very popular and a grassroots man in Edo Central. If Oshiomole can mobilize for him in Edo north, he will win the election.
This was the prayer of benin that APC should zone the party ticket to Edo central for equity. This is the best time to deal with Obaseki and his candidate.

6 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23
whizzler:

And Oshiomhole might play anti party or refrain from campaigning vigorously as he usually does. Esan should have produced someone brighter

This is the best APC candidate from esan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Ogiame: 12:36pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

Okay, I am not neutral in Edo, I want my candidate to win oooo.
grin

Start buying thick handkerchief now my brother.... Ighodalo is there already.

Even me wey be Labour Party person, I will give all my support to Asue Ighodalo.

8 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

So what is in for Edo N?

Speaker and waiting till 2032
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23
martineverest:
Edo central is irredeemably a PDP region since 1998....it's very difficult for other parties to win that region...the PDP seeds Anthony anenih planted in that region might never be uprooted

It was uprooted in 2023 when obi won there and sen okpebholo also won there.sen okpebholo is also a scion of anenih

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Omenlon: 12:38pm On Feb 23
bestman09:
angry
How did the almighty Idahosa fall flat like this? Where was Oshiomole and Kabaka? grin grin grin grin grin
don't talk like a kid, politics is about give and take. You don't know what must have transpired behind the scene. There is always a consensus in issues like this for the party to move forward. Oshomole is still the leader of APC in Edo State, without his consensus with the powers that be Opebholo won't emerge. Opebholo need the votes of the Edo North to win the election and oshomole hold the ace there. Remove oshomole from Edo APC the party is as good as dead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Dchampion65: 12:38pm On Feb 23
Oblitz:
Hmm

He won't still win the elections.
He's not ugly enough grin

You can say that again..

The one to successfully challenge the incumbent must be ruthless
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by whizzler: 12:39pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

He is stronger than ighodalo plus the field will not be levelled

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, This is not senatorial election bro. Oshiomhole sef dey fear Asue that's why he didn't want to pick from central. By the time the election is close we will see the difference between both of them

5 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:39pm On Feb 23
Ogiame:

Great is still popular in his LGA Ethiope east.he always wins there anytime any day.ize iyamu has a lot of loyallists and connections.after oshiomhole,it is him

1 Like

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by Okorocubana(m): 12:39pm On Feb 23
Always presenting ugly people as Governor though this one no too ug
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by OVB123: 12:40pm On Feb 23
tivity101:
Dr Asue Ighodalo will surely have the day if given a level playing ground in an election. His developmental anticident and technical know how is something not from this space.
APC has just won the governorship election in edo state. Bye bye to PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by emilo2bad: 12:40pm On Feb 23
martineverest:
But Monday was elected senator there in 2023 election due to Obaseki bad behaviour
Asue can't even speak esan that will be a disadvantage to him

3 Likes

Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 12:40pm On Feb 23
Ogiame:
grin

Start buying thick handkerchief now my brother.... Ighodalo is there already.

Even me wey be Labour Party person, I will give all my support to Asue Ighodalo.
Hahahahaha.... ask senatordave1, he knows my candidateπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

He and I almost never support the same candidate.
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by senatordave1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23
whizzler:

The elections proper will prove that Oshiomhole didn't over estimate himself. He made his calculations but it was the gang up from Edo south and Edo central that swayed things

It was a wrong calculation.cgoosing from Edo south will make esan vote massively for PDP
Re: Monday Okpebholo Declared APC Governorship Candidate In Edo by whizzler: 12:43pm On Feb 23
senatordave1:

This is the best APC candidate from esan

No na, it can't be. Prof is far better but for his age. Central has a host of brilliant and assertive men and women like Asue may be they are not in APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Holds Inauguration Dinner/party In Style / Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.