Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 (26479 Views)

The Hungry Man Meal I Organized This Evening. / See The Size and Price Difference Between TheOld And New Indomie Hungry Man Size / Hungry Lagosians Mob A Bus Loaded With Bread In Agege (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Starboytwo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 23
Abelino:
The most foolish comment of the year. Bloody Hypocrites.
Dont vex too much sir with the comments, im optimistic the good times will come.

mystery22:
G0d punish you, animal
God bless you, homosapien.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by mickool(m): 11:29pm On Feb 23
No be small thing ooo.. i just bought this evening in Benin city and i was just shouting since when sunce when? the woman said my brother na today so oo.. God help us. Tinuharshship Tinubunomic is really not ready to normalize oo
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Streetdoctor: 11:32pm On Feb 23
Starboytwo:
Una no dey tire for lamentations.

Everything don cost. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 11:38pm On Feb 23
nedekid:

Nice one, please open a noodle factory and start selling at cheaper price since you understand economics of scale. You will be doing Nigerians a whole lot by taking market share out of indomie and it's greedy managers and owners. Those evil people are reaping Nigerians. We will buy only yours to drive them out if the market.

Ur not making sense. The owners of indomie are billionaires and millionaires. They are a brand. They sell millions of the noodles. They make plenty gains.

Will they the shareholders die if they make less gain?

I have a chain business I run. I don't increase my prices as long as I make small profits despite the economic situation.

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 11:40pm On Feb 23
Edoziesmart:

I can't remembered which year I ate indomie last. That's should be 2022 in one Mallam place in Bayelsa State.

But you see rice I just finished eating it few hours ago grin
Rice sell more than indomie because every home eat rice on weekly basis, both the rich, average and poor people but you won't say the same when it comes to indomie.

Rich or poor people, which one plenty pass for naija? grin grin cheesy grin

How many students fit afford to dey chop rice now?
Take note that indomie can be eaten on its own.

For rice u need plenty condiments
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 11:43pm On Feb 23
JulianBond007:
I was discussing this with my sister today. It's a shame government cannot regulate price of foodstuffs.
Can't we just boycott eating noodles?

Thank u O. The way people dey drag me for this thread. I just want up to see more dragging.

They don't know that there are people benefiting frm this indomie thing in form of shares. And these people who are rich always want their shares to increase.
Any drop in shares and they find a way to balance things by hiking prices.

If nigerians left Indomie for let's say, minimie noodles,(someone said it's cheaper) perhaps indomie will behave.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 11:57pm On Feb 23
cjudy:

Give me reasons why Indomie won’t increase their price. How much is liter of fuel, gas Nkor, materials for production Nkor. Transportation to different location Nkor? Don’t judge blindly next time

Ok let's start like this: indomie has been around for at least 20 years in Nigeria.

Like someone said perhaps, it's only Coca-Cola that outsells indomie.

U see all this talk about increase in price of production is acceptable if the business is new or if it has a low patronage or customer base.

Indomie is everywhere. They have been making billions.

The problem is the owners, the shareholders etc. The people at the top.

It's a black man thing. If they were making 10 naira per share or something, they will never want to take 6 naira per share profit. The rich think about themselves alone.

They know nigerians will still buy indomie cos nigerians believe everytime cost of production goes up, prices must go up too.

Was it not recently that news broke out that Nigeria lost 17 trillion naira In 5 years to tax Hollidays and tax waivers?

Now let me ask u: if u had a chicken suya joint in ur state and u had a customer base of 300 buying at least 500 chicken suya at ur shop everyday and u were making gains of about 150k everyday. Suddenly proce of chicken goes up, price of coal, salt, etc goes up and ur daily profit goes down to let's say, 100k a day.

Will u increase the price or continue , knowing fully well that ur even lucky to have su h a large amount of customer base?

Assuming u decide to increase it, wid u do so many times? ( cos this hungry man pack used to be 150 naira I believe)

There is wisdom in business and there is also wickedness and greed in business.

That's why u see our banks always deducting money in form of stamp duty etc..... And who are the reasons for this?

The insatiable CEOs, managers, shareholders who want to always maintain maximum profit.

I rest my case.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 11:59pm On Feb 23
DaTruths:

I get your point.

The point I'm making is that its not out of line for them to increase their price to match the inflation.
Why did federal Govt increase import duty fee? Meanwhile Federal govt caused the inflation by floating the naira?

So if Fed govt that even caused it increased their duty price, how much more indomie that is a private company?

But they have increased it like 4 times already na.

Ok let's start like this: indomie has been around for at least 20 years in Nigeria.

U see all this talk about increase in price of production is acceptable if the business is new or if it has a low patronage or customer base.

It's a black man thing. If they were making 10 naira per share or something, they will never want to take 6 naira per share profit. The rich think about themselves alone.

They know nigerians will still buy indomie cos nigerians believe everytime cost of production goes up, prices must go up too.

Was it not recently that news broke out that Nigeria lost 17 trillion naira In 5 years to tax Hollidays and tax waivers? Who do u think is enjoying the tax waivers? U and I? No na.

Now let me ask u: if u had a chicken suya joint in ur state and u had a customer base of 300 buying at least 500 chicken suya at ur shop everyday and u were making gains of about 150k everyday. Suddenly proce of chicken goes up, price of coal, salt, etc goes up and ur daily profit goes down to let's say, 100k a day.

Will u increase the price or continue , knowing fully well that ur even lucky to have su h a large amount of customer base?

Assuming u decide to increase it, wid u do so many times? ( cos this hungry man pack used to be 150 naira I believe)

That's why u see our banks always deducting money in form of stamp duty etc..... And who are the reasons for this?

The insatiable CEOs, managers, shareholders who want to always maintain maximum profit.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Sleekfingers: 12:07am On Feb 24
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Hungry man noddle ,even akpabio can't finis it.You poor people too chop. grin

😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by cjudy(m): 1:07am On Feb 24
blowjohn:

Was it not recently that news broke out that Nigeria lost 17 trillion naira In 5 years to tax Hollidays and tax waivers?

I rest my case.
You’re only talking out of sentiment. You’re not a business man.
You pay staffs right? When you’re making profit of 100k monthly and all of a sudden commodity rises up, if you don’t increase your price, then you’re reducing the quality and quantity of your commodity to enable your company stay alive. This is not the matter of old stock.
The excess of a business is to make profit. If I’m not making profit then I should close down my company. Fuel from 180 to 750 and you expect me not to increase my price? Diesel or Gas Nkor? Electricity tariff Nkor?

Don’t judge what you don’t know. The government have killed this companies

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 1:16am On Feb 24
cjudy:

You’re only talking out of sentiment. You’re not a business man.
You pay staffs right? When you’re making profit of 100k monthly and all of a sudden commodity rises up, if you don’t increase your price, then you’re reducing the quality and quantity of your commodity to enable your company stay alive. This is not the matter of old stock.
The excess of a business is to make profit. If I’m not making profit then I should close down my company. Fuel from 180 to 750 and you expect me not to increase my price? Diesel or Gas Nkor? Electricity tariff Nkor?

Don’t judge what you don’t know. The government have killed this companies

Oh so u believe these companies pay staff well?

And we r not talking about 100k profit per month.

How much do bankers earn? How much do the tellers earn?

Now tell me how much do the branch managers earn and the CEOs?

These prices are made up.

I remember vividly when the petroleum people decided to reduce the price of aviation fuel ( but refused to tell the government how much they spend on a particular part of the refining or something. But they were able to cut down the price just like that!)

These people in big chain businesses know what they are doing.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Cunninglove: 1:54am On Feb 24
Villa12:
people consume rice more than indomie

Don't mind that Opeh.

I have already told him this.

Seems he lives inside a Cave.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Cunninglove: 1:55am On Feb 24
Edoziesmart:

I can't remembered which year I ate indomie last. That's should be 2022 in one Mallam place in Bayelsa State.

But you see rice I just finished eating it few hours ago grin
Rice sell more than indomie because every home eat rice on weekly basis, both the rich, average and poor people but you won't say the same when it comes to indomie.

Avoid that Opeh.

He lives inside the Cave.

Imagine comparing noodles with Almighty RICE eaten worldwide.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by bigcasava1(m): 2:47am On Feb 24
950# my area oo
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:14am On Feb 24
Melagros:
COMRADES, honestly, I don't know when last I ate indomie, anytime I buy am en go spoil for kitchen
Kudos to those who are eating it grin
Omo na lazy people food o

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Mayflowa(m): 4:56am On Feb 24
blowjohn:
Indomie has no moral and economic right to increase their prices in Nigeria.

That noodle is bought every minute in this country.

Economy of scale.

Am sure it's the greedy shareholders and managers.

The black man is never content with little profit.

Nigerians dont know their rights.

Everyone shud avoid buying it let's seeif the price won't come down.

Nonsense always has a welcome ring.

That's the most bought item in this country in the last 20 years.

Some dumb greedy goat will come and say every business has to make profit.

You are right my friend. Organized company like indomie cannot follow price trends like this. They ought to be the cushion for the society at a time like this so that everyone will turn to do. No patriotism, no loyalty, no ethical mindset, no social responsibility to the community that harbour them. What was their salary inclement like? FG needs to summon them and speak sense into them while holding the cane. FG can waive tax for them during this time. Maybe they have not been paying taxes even. If indomie manufacturers fail to control price, then local food sellers will continue to suffocate consumers with neck-breaking price.

Government must try to crash the price of one foodstuffs like rice and everything else will crash in prices. It's a domino effects! This is the time government needs to allow importation of rice. Only one food import will not crash the economy.

1 Like

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Bluntemperor: 5:45am On Feb 24
Usmanovic95:
If this hunger doesn't unite us all to have one voice,I wonder what will unite us.

The Real Economics Reality:
It seems people are confused on the lyrics of a serious economic Matters!
An economy that is not Producing anything, should it talk on Inflation?
The only way to tackle an Inflationary pressures is More Production and more earningsbut we were never prepared for an Industrial Development Revolution that can engage our Productivities .e g No Power- Lights by the NEPA/ DISCOS!
So what has been Nigeria Production Capacity?
What Our Leaders, especially our Past Leaders - the Executive ( both State and Federal),the Legislatures( both States and Federal, and the MIDAS Min and Depts alikes have been doing is to Budget and swallows it every year,since independence!- by Producing NOTHING!
Meanwhile,the Governors in Nigeria are living 'Big',as all the States Resources are with them,with well packaged Corruption!
So,Nigerians have been living Fake- lives, espoused by her Leaders, that cannot be sustained!
Now,no where to hide,with the growing Youths,as the Crude Oil( God given resources) is what we have depending On- but why this only Products,as we could not even Process the Raw Crude oil for final Processed Products like Fuel, Diesel,Gas etc.
• where is the Northern Groundnuts Pyramids?
• Where is Cocoa- Products Development of the South West?
• Where is the Palm Oil of the Southerners?
Unfortunately, every Nigerians, couldn't tackle the lazy- man approaches,since the Military Eras and the Civilian Democratic Dispensation - but ALL na oil and even the Oil Proceeds are being brazenly Stolen -by Our leaders,while we Clap for them, not for the betterment of the Nigerian Masses on its usage,as we can't see any First Class Hospital,No good Roads in many States,so much Unemployment for the Youths,etc.
So,who is deceiving who?
Why crying of Hyper -Inflation,when we were not geared for Higher Productions?
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by sageb: 6:20am On Feb 24
Standstrong:
God help us o. This is choking and deadly.

Hungry Man was never more than N150 before the arrival of APC. This morning, it's N800 in my local shop.

What have we done to deserve this?

wahala in Agbado kingdom
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Powersurge: 6:25am On Feb 24
Zooposki:
Nigeria should increase her base salary. Seems other West Africans have more purchasing power than us, since they find our produce cheap.

increasing base salary or minimum wage will further push up the inflation. We are in unchartered territory.

Not increasing it will continue the woes.

Inflation needs to bbe return to single digit within 6 months. Especially food inflation.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by ezewealth(m): 6:47am On Feb 24
[quote author=blowjohn post=128611911]

Don't be deceived. These people are getting tax cuts and all.

If am a business man and I have the whole country buying my products, NO I won't increase the prices of my products.

Am not greedy. If I was making 50 naira profits before and now I make 30 naira, I won't increase my prices because I have a huuuuuuuuuuuuge customer base that I know will still continue buying my product.

U get my point?

[/qu
This just shows u are not a business person, even if u are ,u are a small one
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Chasito(m): 6:56am On Feb 24
Na our current situation be this. grin

Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 7:31am On Feb 24
[quote author=ezewealth post=128617548][/quote]

This shows ur a greedy person. The type to have a business go down the drain after just a few years.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 7:40am On Feb 24
Mayflowa:

You are right my friend. Organized company like indomie cannot follow price trends like this. They ought to be the cushion for the society at a time like this so that everyone will turn to do. No patriotism, no loyalty, no ethical mindset, no social responsibility to the community that harbour them. What was their salary inclement like? FG needs to summon them and speak sense into them while holding the cane. FG can waive tax for them during this time. Maybe they have not been paying taxes even. If indomie manufacturers fail to control price, then local food sellers will continue to suffocate consumers with neck-breaking price.

Government must try to crash the price of one foodstuffs like rice and everything else will crash in prices. It's a domino effects! This is the time government needs to allow importation of rice. Only one food import will not crash the economy.

Thank u O. Many people are dragging me and justifying their price increase as if the owners of indomie are a small lot or as if they are new.

Am trying to let them reason that it's most likely the greedy shareholders that have no regard for the masses that's increasing the price so as to keep getting richer. In fact if they had real competition they won't be trying this nonsense. The other brands like minimie are not doing as good as them and dangote noodle went out cos people were not patronizing it( I think his noodles were not so good like that).

And it's not like indomie we eat now is the quality that came out the first year o. The quality has dropped so much. If u taste those Japanese or Chinese noodles it will remind u of how indomie used to be when it came out. Great taste back then.

So that shows u how the owners have been ripping us off not quality wise and in the price hikes
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by nedekid: 7:40am On Feb 24
blowjohn:

Ur not making sense. The owners of indomie are billionaires and millionaires. They are a brand. They sell millions of the noodles. They make plenty gains.

Will they the shareholders die if they make less gain?

I have a chain business I run. I don't increase my prices as long as I make small profits despite the economic situation.
What is not making sense in you opening the noodle business and bringing your skills of prudent financial management to enable you not increase prices while making small profits to help Nigerians? Is there anything bad in that? Since the owners of indomie have decided no to maintain old prices as they as so greedy, using excuses of increase operating cost of clearing raw materials, increased cost of diesel, currently at 1450 per liter which a 1000 kva Gen set will blow 180L per hour or ₦261,000 per hour or ₦6,264,000 daily, assuming they are running just 1 generator. Likely they many be using even a bigger genset. Cost of destribution, same diesel, staff salaries, maintainance, operating cost, taxes etc. They also selfishly claim the devaluation of the naira has affected their valuation, calculus, projections etc and hence must increase prices despite cries of Nigerians.
Once your production is running, we will buy only your cheap, Nigerian pocket friendly noodles. Indomie can go to hell.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by blowjohn(m): 7:51am On Feb 24
nedekid:

What is not making sense in you opening the noodle business and bringing your skills of prudent financial management to enable you not increase prices while making small profits to help Nigerians? Is there anything bad in that? Since the owners of indomie have decided no to maintain old prices as they as so greedy, using excuses of increase operating cost of clearing raw materials, increased cost of diesel, currently at 1450 per liter which a 1000 kva Gen set will blow 180L per hour or ₦261,000 per hour or ₦6,264,000 daily, assuming they are running just 1 generator. Likely they many be using even a bigger genset. Cost of destribution, same diesel, staff salaries, maintainance, operating cost, taxes etc. They also selfishly claim the devaluation of the naira has affected their valuation, calculus, projections etc and hence must increase prices despite cries of Nigerians.
Once your production is running, we will buy only your cheap, Nigerian pocket friendly noodles. Indomie can go to hell.

Keep wallowing in their deceits.

U think all these companies pay their staff that do the main tasks big money abi?
Just the way u think bankers are paid huge salaries by the owners who are billionaires.

I just knew many if u justifying the increase believe one of the factors is cos they have to pay staff.... Forgetting that it's more or less computerised and mechanized.

Even banks in Nigeria that use humans, how much do they pay salaries of staff? Yet they remove all manners of charges from our accounts in the guise of keeping up as if we don't know it's the greedy shareholders eating where they shud not eat.

What led to the death of banks we once had? Was it not financial greed? Were some of the managers not arrested?

So if price of diesel increases, u want to tell me the profits they make isn't enough to cmore than cancel it out?

It's like ur comparing the indomie brand or company to just any other company.

They are not ur regular company cos of their massive sales. Let that sink first.

Name 10 products in Nigeria that are as popular as them.

Keep beliving these people and they will keep using the same excuses.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Promise47(m): 7:55am On Feb 24
grin angry grin that my school oh Delsu Abraka Delta state nawahoo Abk people dy increase everything where are you currently
RealSean:
1k in Delta abraka, the worse place one can live on earth. Very greedy set of humans
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Beautifulday: 8:24am On Feb 24
blowjohn:

She u see. U say make I enter the business.

I get large pool of customers?

Indomie ha made billions over decades and still do. Don't u get it?

They're like an OG I'm the business with no competition.

Compare them to the businesses folding up and Leavinv the country and u will notice that even those companies no get customers reach them

So if you get customer, you suppose begin loose? It seems you don't understand the role of economy and policies on production, manufacturing, etc.

These things are no joke. Them no dey use common sense look am. You do anyhow, you don comot for business.

No be so econnet do that year.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by pacespot(m): 8:51am On Feb 24
The truth is that getting anything that will fill your plate as a food for less than ₦1000 in the current Nigeria is by luck.
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Kingrshd3: 9:24am On Feb 24
Cindypresh:
Spaghetti yesterday was #16,500 per carton.

The man called tinupoo is a disaster

Oga shift ..

Do u think he can just intentionally make things to increase 😲

U should have asked that which policy is he trying to implement
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by smokeyupu(m): 9:42am On Feb 24
BELLE FULL IS N1250
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:42am On Feb 24
Standstrong:
God help us o. This is choking and deadly.

Hungry Man was never more than N150 before the arrival of APC. This morning, it's N800 in my local shop.

What have we done to deserve this?
belleful is #1200
Re: Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 by ufuosman(m): 9:54am On Feb 24
Tinubu on d beat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Delicious Egg Sauce I Cooked / Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.