Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) (40042 Views)

SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) / Real Live Tarzan Shares Pictures Of Grown Up Tigers He Raised As Cubs / MOMENTS IN THE WILD (PHOTOS) [GRAPHIC] contd. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Teenwolf(m): 8:50am On Feb 24
Crucialgem:
Tigers are naturally friendly to human they are like bigger cat unlike lion
Tigers are more dangerous and deadlier than lions

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by vikstandon(m): 8:50am On Feb 24
poshestmina:
I'm not even going to live on the street or estate with a Tiger,it's too risky

Wild animals are not pets ,people will never learn until something bad happens.

Tigers generally avoid humans and only resort to attacking if they feel threatened or if they cannot physically satisfy their needs. They don't have a natural preference for human meat.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Anguldi(m): 8:50am On Feb 24
Hunger in the Zoo tongue

If you know, you know
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Elliotwaveforec: 8:51am On Feb 24
The Tigers are well-fed! The owner must be rich.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by oilyngbati(m): 8:52am On Feb 24
Exousiang01:

No sir.
What they meant actually was no Tigers left in the wild.
If we never had Tigers native to Africa every African tribe with not have a name for it in their vocabulary, we have a name for tigers in my place and I remember my great-grandfather would tell us many stories bout his hunting days with his age group and many of those who he told us of their exploits were still alive and could testify. He personally killed and elephant.
We had Tigers native to Africa, but no longer in the wild, what they call wild today are actually game reserves.
Tigers were never native to Africa,,,they couldn’t have survived the African jungle. What your grand father must have told you about are Leopard, which most Africans at the time mistook for Tiger. Tigers aren’t built for the African terrain/wildlife….if in doubt, let’s see how these two tigers released into the wild would fare in a few months time.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Tallesty1(m): 8:54am On Feb 24
poshestmina:

I can't share a local government with a tiger even if it has a Ph.D. in good behavior.

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by NFBI: 8:55am On Feb 24
Exousiang01:

No sir.
If we never had Tigers native to Africa every African tribe with not have a name for it in their vocabulary, we have a name for tigers in my place and I remember my great-grandfather would tell us many stories bout his hunting days with his age group and many of those who he told us of their exploits were still alive and could testify. He personally killed and elephant.
We had Tigers native to Africa, but no longer in the wild, what they call wild today are actually game reserves.
Leopard not tiger
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Thinkfree(m): 8:56am On Feb 24
richiemcgold:
That's a great freedom!

... but I've read it severally before that there are no tigers in Africa.
they are called bengal tiger for a reason
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:58am On Feb 24
richiemcgold:
That's a great freedom!

Arabs & their ilks in Morocco, Egypt, Algeria even Libya dat keep tigers are jokes to u bah?

dey play!

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Babaibeji2020(m): 9:07am On Feb 24
poshestmina:

Nor be me and una......
Na so lion do the man wey takia of am for nine years strong things......🙆‍♂️
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Thomasankara(m): 9:07am On Feb 24
[/color]Bengal tigers are natives to India[color=#000099]
richiemcgold:
That's a great freedom!

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by BBIA: 9:08am On Feb 24
richiemcgold:
That's a great freedom!

Yes. no tigers native to Africa.

Another funny but true thing is that Tigers are much more stronger than Lions.

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by judedwriter(m): 9:09am On Feb 24
Lions are generally regarded as king of the animals, but their distant cousins _tigers are truly the undisputed kings.

Tigers are bigger than lions and more stronger, however lions are more popular probably because of their unique manes. (bushy hair around the neck)
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Thomasankara(m): 9:10am On Feb 24
[/color]no be hunger dey maake u chop fowl or goat, or what crime has goat committed that tiger is immuned to?[color=#770077]
Quest7777:
Some people will still see these beautiful cats only as bush meat destined to end up in the stomach, to washed down with cold bottle of Origin or Palm Wine. cheesy

Hunger Bad.

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by BBIA: 9:10am On Feb 24
poshestmina:

But we have to deal with wild animals everyday .

the female creature God made became wild after befriending a snake. cool

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by didymario7(m): 9:10am On Feb 24
richiemcgold:
That's a great freedom!

Yes Africa is not its natural habitat. Just as the name suggests, a "Bengal" Tiger is originally from India.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Thomasankara(m): 9:11am On Feb 24
[/color]no be tiger be that, na cheetah and leopard[color=#770077]
Exousiang01:

No sir.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by BBIA: 9:12am On Feb 24
MMempire:

That's a fact. No Tiger naturally exist in Africa. They are all brought down to Africa. They are predominantly Asian animals.
That is the reason why I feel it was stupid to name Nigerias male and female basketball teams, D’Tigers and D’Tigress respectively.

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by YourKarma: 9:16am On Feb 24
Exousiang01:

No sir.
There are no Tigers in Africa, never have been. There's no African word for tiger, just as there's no African word for kangaroo. I don't know in other languages but in Igbo language, people mistake tiger for Agụ. Agụ is leopard, ọdụm is lion
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by YourKarma: 9:16am On Feb 24
Crucialgem:
Tigers are naturally friendly to human they are like bigger cat unlike lion
Hahahahahahhaha......guy where did you get this one from?
Na waa to u 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by james1(m): 9:17am On Feb 24
They are certainly pets otherwise they would have attacked the kids.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by stagger: 9:18am On Feb 24
"looking over the fence.."

Now that's scary. They were probably salivating as well, imagining how much free food there was next door.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by YourKarma: 9:23am On Feb 24
oilyngbati:
Tigers were never native to Africa,,,they couldn’t have survived the African jungle. What your grand father must have told you about are Leopard, which most Africans at the time mistook for Tiger. Tigers aren’t built for the African terrain/wildlife….if in doubt, let’s see how these two tigers released into the wild would fare in a few months time.
There isn't much difference between the African jungle and that of India. Tigers will survive just ok here, though you're right on what you told that guy, his grandfather was referring to leopards and not tigers
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by Exousiang01: 9:23am On Feb 24
YourKarma:

There are no Tigers in Africa, never have been. There's no African word for tiger, just as there's no African word for kangaroo. I don't know in other languages but in Igbo language, people mistake tiger for Agụ. Agụ is leopard, ọdụm is lion
What you don't know is bigger than you sir.
You shouldn't boldly speak about other languages, Igbo land does not define Africa.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by YourKarma: 9:28am On Feb 24
james1:
They are certainly pets otherwise they would have attacked the kids.
You can't totally tame a wild animal. They'll always have their natural instinct and it can come into play at any time.

The keeper at the Ibadan zoo has been taking care of that lion since it was a cub, for more than 9 years now but the lion still killed him.

That particular case was peculiar though, reports say the lion first attacked a lady and the keeper rushed in to rescue the woman and the lion attacked him. That lion would probably not have attacked the man in the first place, because the lion would recognise the man as his keeper. My theory is the lion attacked the man because he thought the man came to steal his kill (the woman) from him and so his natural instinct to protect his meal kicked in

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by YourKarma: 9:29am On Feb 24
Exousiang01:

What you don't know is bigger than you sir.
You shouldn't boldly speak about other languages, Igbo land does not define Africa.

I used Igbo as reference because a lot of Igbos use the word for leopard as the word for tiger. Check in your own language if you have a word for tiger and you'll find out it's actually leopard or even cheetah
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by yemmit90: 9:30am On Feb 24
oilyngbati:

Tiger might not be native to Africa but can well survive in tropical rain forest. It is possible there might be tigers in some Africa forests brought some centuries ago.
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:32am On Feb 24
They look so beautiful..
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by dominique(f): 9:34am On Feb 24
etrange:
Viral tigers? What does that mean, please?

The tigers are popular and even made nairaland frontpage back in 2021

https://www.nairaland.com/6781747/sa-daycare-suddenly-tigers-living

Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by maasoap(m): 9:41am On Feb 24
1Alex:
They are well fed. After one month they will be like their peers in the wild.
We just hope that they too don't go on killing spree of the other wildlife, just for fun grin grin grin
Re: Viral Tigers Living Next To SA Preschool Released Into The Wild (PICS) by 1Alex: 9:42am On Feb 24
maasoap:

We just hope that they too don't go on killing spree of the other wildlife, just for fun grin grin grin
they may not even have the tactics to hunt.

UNIZIK Defers Award For Sanusi / Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG / Waec Registration For 2017/2018 Academic Session