Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel (52958 Views)

Bride-to-be, Hajara Dies A Day To Her Wedding In Nasarawa State (Photos) / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After / UNIPORT Fresh Graduate Dies Of Brain Tumor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by mukthar2000(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24
Very sad news,

We shall test ur faith and believe via ur weath, families, and other things of life to see if u would repeat back to ur God.

Rest well pretty and brilliant Rebecca.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by 27olatunbosun: 1:51pm On Feb 24
All is wellAll is well...
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by plessis: 1:51pm On Feb 24
Thegamingorca:

The drugs you ingest are made from plants designed by God Almighty who impacted the knowledge into the white man to make these drugs.

They were not made by the devil
I'm sure the Covid vaccinated people now suffering from heart diseases agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by mukthar2000(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24
Very sad news,

We shall test ur faith and believe via ur weath, families, and other things of life to see if u would repeat back to ur God.

Rest well pretty and brilliant Rebecca
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Discountsempai: 1:53pm On Feb 24
subcbouy:
When you see a doctor reading from a medical dictionary book, just know that you are in 50:50 dilemma.

I am a doctor. And I read books regularly as well as papers because medicine changes

Like now, treatment of diabetic emergencies. When I was a medical student, they told is we did it this way. Now, it has changed a lot.

Hypertension treatment has so changed since I was in medical school , and new stuff is coming out all the time

Even treatment for malaria. When I was in medical school, chloroquine was the standard. Now, ( infact the last time I prescribed chloroquine was in 2009)

Typhoid, dem dey tell is before don't use Cipro in children under 2, as a student. Then I became a house officer and during my pediatric rotation, I saw a 2 year old placed on iv cipro. I even had the gall to correct the senior doc giving the drugs...lol.

One of our top pediatric lecturers in my medical school days, every now and then him go study for him office at night. Na consultant him be.

As a doctor, if you are not reading, or checking up on your methods, you will kill a patient and you go no know. Reading does not stop after graduation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Faithful007: 1:53pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Some of these doctors are psychotic , what a painful death. Some doctors should not be licensed because of their negligence and very careless attitude to human life .

RIP to her, no one can console the parents and siblings they would have to cry till they are tired. Very sad

Most times it's not negligence or careless that causes these things. It is incompetence.

Ask that doctor the last time she carried out that procedure and you'll be surprised to hear the response. Surgery is an art and needs consistent practice to maintain the skill.

Surgeons in the US are very busy people, and still they regularly do simulations and practice on cadavers.

As a medical personnel, if your hands are not regularly engaged. Your chances of botching procedure is high.

9 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by obaidan: 1:54pm On Feb 24
I really really feel the pain of the man, his wife and Rebecca's siblings. May Almighty God comfort them and give them peace and strength to go through this period.

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24
Chai,so sad to hear.A hale person just died because of small thing.if she know,she for just travel go UK,do am there.

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Jman06(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24
tosyne2much:
I'm so particular about some comments here

Like things also don't go out of hand abroad or people over there can't be agile now and the next minute they're gone ?

They can be agile and die by accidents, not by being administered the wrong drugs by doctors! Medical negligence is a very big problem in Nigeria! The worst is that they happen without the doctors being held accountable! Honestly, if proper investigations are carried out in all deaths, it'll be discovered that many die avoidable deaths due to Medical negligence and incompetence.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Thegamingorca(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24
plessis:

I'm sure the Covid vaccinated people now suffering from heart diseases agree with you.

I don't have any heart disease. And I'm sure millions vaccinated around the world don't have that as a result of being vaccinated that's because vaccines have no correlation with causing adverse side effects such as that. This is because before they are put into market they are thoroughly researched and are still being researched as we speak.

Other myths ppl like you peddle that have been largely debunked include MMR vaccines causing autism.

It's not new to hear of such lies
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by jetguy(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24
Hire Killer Doctor 😈
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by KingLion007(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Result of corruption in our higher institution of learning and corrupted process of recruitment of manpower in the labour force.

No vetting, no checking, no competence test nothing. Just based on man know man or man know trib or man know religion.
Exactly.. Our educational system fail the family. Quack Doc. Everywhere just too bad for the society. We can't gladly walk into any hospital now without having our hearts in our hand. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Dancebreaker: 2:05pm On Feb 24
Angelfrost:

Chief consultants with many decades worth of experience abroad still consult the medical reference books from time to time.

Some will even tell you they need to do so... Or ask their fellow consultants.

Knowledge is not exhaustive.

Errors actually begin when you think you know it all.

Lol. No mind the dude. These days, MDT meetings early in the morning may include virtual meetings with experts in various countries before consultation begins daily. People don't know that care professions include learning DAILY. Every minute sef.

That girl may have reacted badly to anaesthetic. We also need to be sure that this procedure did not include termination of pregnancy. Yep, even nuns do undergo the procedure. Adult females can conceal that fact from their parents.

RIP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by TheGreatIYANU: 2:05pm On Feb 24
Men I wept like a child reading this story.

My wife had spinal anaesthesia as well for CS and nothing of such. The Doc must have punctured some major organ while carrying out the endoscopy, hence the angel vomiting blood.

I refuse to overlook the spiritual side of these things. When you have a major move to make, it is not every ear that should hear.

This is one of the simplest medical procedures. Should not claim life in such gory, painful manner.

5 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:06pm On Feb 24
LordIsaac:
I’m so sorry…but it looks like the story was painted not to look like an abortion! Well, I pray God comforts them. A female child is work o….from birth till even after you get them weded.

You're sharp-minded!

1. Delayed menstruation.
2. Hospital ran pregnancy tests
3. Also did womb examination.
4. "Even 'evacuation' does not require anaesthesia" according to a relative doctor.
5. Uncontrolled bleeding. When did hysteroscopes start severing major blood vessels?

In all, I should be suspecting a prominent character in all of this, but what do I know sef?

The more you look, the less you see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by YelloweWest: 2:06pm On Feb 24
O, my God. Hiw painful. Okirika beauty and brain. Rest in peace imbra

This is too mucj
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Elolam87(m): 2:08pm On Feb 24
This is a very painful one ,and constant decline in experienced medical personnel. May God comfort the bereaved.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by YelloweWest: 2:08pm On Feb 24
LordIsaac:
I’m so sorry…but it looks like the story was painted not to look like an abortion! Well, I pray God comforts them. A female child is work o….from birth till even after you get them weded.
A male child is far worse.

This was not an abortion. Don't slander the dead .

3 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Kingzjayzee: 2:08pm On Feb 24
This is what happens when our best brains have all japa to better climes for better pay and overall better working condition leaving behind undergraduate med stdts parading themselves as doctors. This country is FINISHED!!!

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by sammirano: 2:09pm On Feb 24
The problem is not the administration of spinal anaesthesia but something else went wrong with the young lady. I guess they should have seek for other opinions before doing this.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by matify83: 2:10pm On Feb 24
Thegamingorca:

A minor case like inserting a cannula or a catheter cannot spiral out of control and become fatal.

Someone that was scheduled for a hysteroscopy where a camera is used to view the vagina and womb is not what you expect to spiral out of control.

I hope I am addressing someone who has seen an endoscopy done first hand?

Fluid is also sent via the tubes to dilate the uterus for easy visualization. This process may dislodge a thrombus that may have been responsible for this fatality.

Though rare in the hands of an expert but a hysteroscopy may very well result in PV bleeding especially when biopsy was taken or an ablative procedure was done. Which was not the case in this situation.

I also marvel at your assertions. Have you heard of idiosyncratic reaction before.
A patient can develop a rare anaphylactic reaction to even common benzodiazepine and die before you even commence surgery.

Like I said earlier, there are no minor surgeries these days. Anything can happen intra- or post-op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Anashe: 2:13pm On Feb 24
I hope she gets justice and have some licenses withdrawn. Too bad. Can't trust these hospitals, the organ trade is a huge one globally
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Neddstark: 2:13pm On Feb 24
After reading this, I give it up to the good Doctors in Nigeria. If you are one without blood on your hands due to negligence, then you're a hero.

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Jegustommy: 2:13pm On Feb 24
This is unaccepted,fucking shit mudrafuker.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Anashe: 2:14pm On Feb 24
YelloweWest:

A male child is far worse.

This was not an abortion. Don't slander the dead .

Don't mind him. When he won't read.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Hakeem66: 2:16pm On Feb 24
RIP but I hope it's not abortion they are trying to perform and it backfire. The family will never open up on that because this story get k-leg.

2 Likes

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Anashe: 2:16pm On Feb 24
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

You're sharp-minded!

1. Delayed menstruation.
2. Hospital ran pregnancy tests
3. Also did womb examination.
4. "Even 'evacuation' does not require anaesthesia" according to a relative doctor.
5. Uncontrolled bleeding. When did hysteroscopes start severing major blood vessels?

In all, I should be suspecting a prominent character in all of this, but what do I know sef?

The more you look, the less you see.

You both don't have sense. Zero sense. Have you ever heard of PCOS? Fibroids? Or do you need me to Google it for you? If you know nothing about medicine, then shut up! Ozuo

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Mekus4114: 2:20pm On Feb 24
I am so sorry for the loss of the Sedikikas, there is a force in the Niger Delta villages killing any bright and beautiful thing to stop the families from following Christ. If the family is a Christian family and they want beautiful things to survive. They must as individuals and family dwell night and day in the presence of God. See the case of Herbert Wigwe and others. If you are not worshipping those marine powers, they get bitter and destructive
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by mamawa123: 2:23pm On Feb 24
In a normal society, a case like this will be investigated by the medical board and the police.

Some people bought their ways through schools, used money to buy the certificates they are using today.
Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by Khallicopyro: 2:25pm On Feb 24
You bolck lecturers take graduate see now? You don kpai person

1 Like

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by FireUpNow(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
Some of these doctors are psychotic , what a painful death. Some doctors should not be licensed because of their negligence and very careless attitude to human life .

RIP to her, no one can console the parents and siblings they would have to cry till they are tired. Very sad

Some of our doctors are demonic and evil. To be honest I am so surprised at the procedure. A mere pregnancy test to know if the late girl was pregnant led to her death as a result of sheer negligence. Painful death. Condolences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebecca Sekidika: Rivers First Class Graduate Dies A Week To Her UK Travel by seborrhic: 2:36pm On Feb 24
descartes400:
How is a tube inserted into the vagina to see what not via monitor able to rupture an artery to cause internal bleeding of such magnitude?

How?

Begin to wonder too.
In that pathway there doesn't seem any artery that can be ruptured that can cause that massive bleed.
Unless the truth of the actual procedure done,the tool used is not correct.
The whole story just doesn't add up.
Wish it was an advanced society this happened or an unbiased thorough autopsy could be done,so as to reveal the true cause of this mysterious death and if the doctors could have done anything different because with a thorough autopsy it could still come out that neither the surgeon nor anaesthetist was at fault.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water / COVID-19: Six Private Hospitals In Lagos Secretly Treating Patients Revealed -SR / I Turned Down Opportunity To Move To Canada — Nigerian Doctor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.