Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy (13131 Views)

Wale Edun: Only 5% Of Nigerians Have Over ₦‎500k In Their Bank Accounts / Wale Edun Gets World Bank Appointment / Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by ayobade15094: 9:24pm On Feb 24
OkOk...
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by Fujiyama: 9:27pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

Console yourself I am saying you should get lost
What you think is irrelevant to me
I don't give a shi t

^^^
grin

Nonsense.

You will learn not to make wild, unfounded claims again. Those claims (just like your sins) will find you out.

Peace. wink
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by aribisala0(m): 9:29pm On Feb 24
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

Nonsense.

You will learn not to make wild, unfounded claims again. Those claims (just like your sins) will find you out.

Peace. wink
Impotent noise
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by dayleke: 5:57am On Feb 25
Sccarrr:
whats funny? We know ppl like don't even understand half of what's said.. u just don't want any good fr d country...team in saner climes yen yen yen

Who is dis one?
I don't usually engage pples here but I'll make you an exception.
What in the heck is your problem?
Do you have a license in pple laffin here?
If NO, then just waka pass.
If YES, then what did I do wrong in laffin?
Read the post again and tell me it's not funny.
Come back again in a yr's time and tell me the same thing.
And by the way, you lick that thing too much and it's not good for your health.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by Sccarrr: 7:33am On Feb 25
dayleke:

Who is dis one?
I don't usually engage pples here but I'll make you an exception.
What in the heck is your problem?
Do you have a license in pple laffin here?
If NO, then just waka pass.
If YES, then what did I do wrong in laffin?
Read the post again and tell me it's not funny.
Come back again in a yr's time and tell me the same thing.
And by the way, you lick that thing too much and it's not good for your health.
you don't usually engage ppl blablabla, yenyenyen... Mtcheew
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by dayleke: 10:47am On Feb 25
Sccarrr:
you don't usually engage ppl blablabla, yenyenyen... Mtcheew

Thank you.
You have been noticed.
Have a nice and blessed Sunday.
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by Sccarrr: 11:01am On Feb 25
dayleke:

Thank you.
You have been noticed.
Have a nice and blessed Sunday.
mtcheeew! u too have a nice and blessed Sunday
Re: Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy by Eagba(m): 10:25pm On Apr 01
Seun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNf97-hy7Gw

Our Finance Minister, Mr. Wale Edun, who is responsible for fiscal policy, appeared on ChannelsTV to share his plans to improve the Nigerian economy:

1) Giveaways. He spent half of his time talking about giveaways. He feels most of the excess naira in circulation has gone to the rich, so he wants to share more excess naira with the poor as well. 🤐

2) To plug revenue leakages by channelling all revenue directly to the FG and disbursing expenditures directly to intended recipients without intermediaries who might embezzle the money. ✔️

3) To increase tax collection by 70% this year without increasing tax rates and eliminating some types of tax that are unnecessary. ✔️

4) He want to pay back Ways & Means by looking for new sources of revenue. I felt that his explanation of how that would be achieved was vague. It's unlikely to happen after CBN's data showed an increase in W&M. ❌

5) Collaborating with CBN by increasing interest rates to attract FPI. I find this to be short-sighted if attracting hot money is the perceived benefit of raising interest rates and not the reduction of inflation, & FDI. Also, our real interest rates are still negative, so how will this work? ❌

Overall, Mr Edun has some decent ideas but his overall plan is inadequate to solve our problems.

I recommend inviting the economists who spoke at Proshare's Economist Conference to Abuja for a retreat where they can help him to develop a comprehensive plan that might actually work.
The blue pill to Nigeria's problem is to enact, implement and enforce a law that stipulate that 80% of our national budget should be spent on the local economy.
Either in procurement, execution, or research.
The resultant effect will be massive, because you will have billions of naira floating around and looking for where to land because the budget have to be implemented.

Secondly, any person or group of persons that benefits from government contracts should be made to have 70% of their wealth in the local economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Terrorists Disguising As Mad Men And Women - Army Raises Alarm / Oshiomhole Working Against Buhari’s Re-election – APC Youths / Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.