Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal (24897 Views)

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information / Labour Party Condemns hasty Decision On Fuel Subsidy, Liken Tinubu To Pharoah / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Hedonisco: 8:54am On Feb 25
zoedew:
This corrupt grass cutter! If he lived in the P.R.C. he should have executed long ago for corruption. Shameless man.
If your bat lived in the P. R. C,, his rotten flesh and bones would have long been devoured by vultures, after being hanged by his shrivelled balls. No Nigerian in history is more corrupt than Tinubu. Not even Abacha and IBB combined. And you know it. But your ronu hypocrisy would not allow you see the truth.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Goodlady(f): 9:23am On Feb 25
Massiveglory:
Massiveloss aka Massiveglory, na that hunger go kee you.
Whether you are a northern rat or an eastern rat, hunger must locate you by faya by thunda, amen!
Except if Azikiwe no betray Awolowo or if Ahmadu Bello no instigate hãte against Igbos!
Common sënse you no get!
Pained PDP turned LP bot!

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by maktop(m): 10:35am On Feb 25
I am very sure mr Tinubu must be very high on something for him to make that pronousment on that day without blinking eyes. Good Leaders don't make that costly mistake.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Exceed15: 10:36am On Feb 25
That single careless statement lands Nigeria where it is today. Anyway his goal is to become president and that's his personal ambition.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Obakoolex(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25
uba1991:
buhari paid up to june 30, because he want Tinubu to sit down for one month and think of what to do but the mumu just come up on may 29th and his mouth. "Subsidy is gone"
Instead of him to use the remaining one month to study the backlash, if he is not certain he has the right to refuse buhari decision. Tinubu was the president not buhari.
Apologies....you raised a valid point tho
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Jagabanarmy: 1:45pm On Feb 25
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reaping-benefits-of-his-hasty-decisions-says-babachir-lawal

Correct!!! Jagaban bleeped up big time here. I said it that the removal will have great consequences on the economy
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by galantjoe(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25
Mr. Lawal is right. Tinubu did a stupid copycat from PO's manifesto without consultation.

The immediate cause of this rising hyperinflation in Nigerian economy is removal of fuel subsidy. Because pump price is a major determinant of inflation in the economy. As you know nigeria lacks electricity, everything is being powered by fossil fuel. Increasing fuel price by 350% at a go is a biggest blow and major cause of this rising dollar price. Because it was not same value of goods and services you buy for 1 naira when fuel price is less than 180 naira that you will buy when it is being sold at 700 naira. So, equating 1 dollar to naira, lets do the maths, at 200 naira fuel price 1 dollar was 450 naira now fuel is sold at 700 naira, 1 dollar will be around 1500 to 2000 naira

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Hezzyluv: 2:21pm On Feb 25
successmatters:

I was in Nigeria then, as soon as he made the announcement, I told everyone around me to convert their naira at 750/$. They are still thanking me till now.

You guys that have succeeded in leaving this country, show us way let's japa too and leave only Tinubu and his followers here.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by bluefilm: 7:40pm On Feb 25
successmatters:
Tinibu must have been watching all the interviews of Peter Obi throughout the campaigns and taking notes, he heard when Obi said that he will remove fuel subsidy, and like a poor student who copies from other brilliant students around him, he copied even the name and Reg number of Peter Obi grin

He didn't know that copying without sense is just senseless.

Saying that tilumbu copied from Pitaobi is a huge exaggeration.

Have you ever encountered those type of dull students that even if you write the whole expo, give them, they cannot even copy it?

That's how I see it.

Man was saying that he didn't want to give any answers to the question he was asked so that other contenders will not spy on him and his answers...

To me, that was the biggest joke of 2023!

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by 7lives: 9:49pm On Feb 25
NairalandForumo:

What both of you should be more concerned about is if Babachir Lawal is saying the truth, didn't he say the truth, deal with the truth...

Back to topic:

Tinubu is like a thief who stole a trailer because of the goods inside it but doesn't know how to drive the trailer, he either gets an experienced trailer driver or return the trailer with the goods back to the owner

Which truth?
IMF already told Nigeria to do away with subsidies since 1984, postponing the pain, now it has multiplied.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by NairalandForumo: 10:03pm On Feb 25
7lives:

Which truth?
IMF already told Nigeria to do away with subsidies since 1984, postponing the pain, now it has multiplied.

grin and Tinubu followed their advice....
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by MasterTeeUSA: 1:24am On Feb 26
Violation number 2 - reporting you. I won't join you in your gutter.

wrongnumber:

You are daft and stupid. I don't usually lash out this way but your comment is totally insane.

The question is... Is he making sense or not?

When your drug lord was canvassing to be president I guess it was OK..

Please stop this madness
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by MasterTeeUSA: 1:26am On Feb 26
violation number 2 - reporting ...not joining you in abusing back

Hoodgod:
See mumu
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by optionalY09: 4:14am On Feb 26
successmatters:
Tinibu must have been watching all the interviews of Peter Obi throughout the campaigns and taking notes, he heard when Obi said that he will remove fuel subsidy, and like a poor student who copies from other brilliant students around him, he copied even the name and Reg number of Peter Obi grin

He didn't know that copying without sense is just senseless.

Peter Obi never worked with any Oil company before but Tinubu worked with shell for some years and he was one of the best employee of that oil company in Nigeria
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by COP419(m): 7:43am On Feb 26
bachir Lawal, former secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), says the removal of the petrol subsidy by President Bola Tinubu was done out of “sheer arrogance”.

Arrogance it is.
In 2012 before all these chaos in the world today when President Jonathan had the foresight to remove this same subsidy, TINUBU, BUHARI, SOYINKA, FALANA and co marched on the streets of Lagos in protest .
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by successmatters(m): 8:03am On Feb 26
optionalY09:

Peter Obi never worked with any Oil company before but Tinubu worked with shell for some years and he was one of the best employee of that oil company in Nigeria

No evidence, you go explain tire grin
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Xinox: 11:30pm On Mar 01
Tareq1105:

Babachir Lawal the grass cutter. Be thankful to God that you are a Nigerian. If you were a Chinese, you would have been executed for #100m grass you said you cut.

I know you're pained but you can't do anything about it than occasionally interview and expression of your frustration bcoz you thought you would be Tinubu VP.

Well said, baba. Politicans like themselves and their pockets. They talk for everybody when they are not in power
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Xinox: 11:31pm On Mar 01
Tareq1105:

Babachir Lawal the grass cutter. Be thankful to God that you are a Nigerian. If you were a Chinese, you would have been executed for #100m grass you said you cut.

I know you're pained but you can't do anything about it than occasionally interview and expression of your frustration bcoz you thought you would be Tinubu VP.

Well said, baba. Politicans like themselves and their pockets. They talk for everybody when they are not in power shocked shocked
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by DKM123: 1:40pm On Mar 21
EbenezerTriumph:
are you the one on your dp?

Uncle Victor Omerigwe aka also known as HellVictorinho6 aka TrustNone aka EbenezerTriumph aka keet13 aka MrsAminaBello. aka abba190 and 40 other monikers, the 45 year old convicted r@pist, leave young ladies alone, you are clearly imp0tent. I mean, you can't POSSIBLY have a woman and then be on a faceless forum hiding behind 50 monikers 24/7 just so l!fe will be worth living for you. No one who has segx can be YOU! Hahahaha! Impossicant! You have no iota of social life in the real world and you know it!!

Imp0tent Imp with a shriveled little 5 naira kpomo you call a pen!s! Irrelevant p!glet who can't FACE the real world grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Gifts An Apartment To Waris Olamilekan, Artist Who Painted Macron / Orji Uzor Kalu's Billboard In Maiduguri (Photo) / Pictures From NNPP Campaign Rally In Bauchi