Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,916 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal (24898 Views)

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information / Labour Party Condemns hasty Decision On Fuel Subsidy, Liken Tinubu To Pharoah / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Judolisco(m): 6:37pm On Feb 24
lipsrsealed
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Emotionss: 6:37pm On Feb 24
Removal of subsidy was good but the timing and the circumstances surrounding the way it was announced was extremely wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by DarkPheonix: 6:37pm On Feb 24
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by adefitim(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24
In all honesty I was shocked when he made that announcement without due consultations... I am 120% sure that his closer ally were caught unawares on that day.

His government would have make more sense by now if not that hasty mf decision.
Anyways The did has been done already what left is the solution.

I plead on all stakeholders (oppositions, friends and Enemies) in Nigeria to assist the FG in finding lasting solutions to the hardships

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by greenermodels: 6:38pm On Feb 24
Gf
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by plessis: 6:39pm On Feb 24
Economics no be owo mi da.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Goodlady(f): 6:40pm On Feb 24
Massiveglory:
I remember that day day vividly.
The ronu people there where busy clapping there hands not having understanding of the Consequences.

Many of them who travelled to abuja became stranded as they could not afford the new transportation cost.
The fact is tinubu has nothing to offer.
The more you guys keep calling Yorubas ronu people the more you move far from collaboration with them. It's your choice to be humble as you catch cruise with them.
As a student of law, working together irrespective of tribe or party is the solution!

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Bluntemperor: 6:41pm On Feb 24
zoedew:
This corrupt grass cutter!

Don't mind him,for in a Saner clime,this ex -Secretary will be put to where he belongs!
Radarada osi!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by jamafa: 6:41pm On Feb 24
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reaping-benefits-of-his-hasty-decisions-says-babachir-lawal

What do you expect from someone that cut grass with billions. E dey pain Lawal

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Xinox: 6:42pm On Feb 24
I agree with Babachir Lawal on this. It was so untimed. The hard truth is the pronouncement of subsidy removal was the beginning of PBAT administration struggle and it has taken the country to what she is experiencing today
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by FireUpNow(m): 6:46pm On Feb 24
Not only arrogance but including ineptitude, un strategic lacks what it takes to be as a president at the center. I dey laugh at my Yoruba people who went gaha for Jagaban and emilokan. Now reality dawn's on them and everyone. This terrible mistake by mr president will take many years to recover from of at all we will get it right.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Lindlady: 6:50pm On Feb 24
successmatters:

I was in Nigeria then, as soon as he made the announcement, I told everyone around me to convert their naira at 750/$. They are still thanking me till now.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by EmekaBlue(m): 6:50pm On Feb 24
This grandpa might just beat buhari incompetence record and get more curses on him from weak nigerians normally

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Determinedbobo: 6:51pm On Feb 24
Xscape1993:
The drug master does not know what it takes to be a good leader. He does not have any leadership qualities apart from drug,
forging and manipulation.
Oga, go and sit down, the man is making sense.That decision was not well thought out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Obakoolex(m): 6:52pm On Feb 24
successmatters:
Tinibu must have been watching all the interviews of Peter Obi throughout the campaigns and taking notes, he heard when Obi said that he will remove fuel subsidy, and like a poor student who copies from other brilliant students around him, he copied even the name and Reg number of Peter Obi grin

He didn't know that copying without sense is just senseless.
Na you be the very dump one here, Buhari stops paying subsidy only paid 6 months ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by bluefilm: 6:55pm On Feb 24
Was he even aware of himself when he made that subsidy removal statement?

Maybe karma has come for him

Because since that very day he made that very statement, the country has known no peace

And the man has known no peace himself

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Phred1717: 6:56pm On Feb 24
Making decision without thinking is evidence of too much weed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Okoroawusa: 6:56pm On Feb 24
The first page of this thread is for Peter Obi supporters (former IPOB members and now lovers of Nigeria).

Which group will take over the second page?
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24
calvingees:
My problem is the subsidy money we don't see it taking effect in the Nigerian economy.. I even heard electricity subsidy is the government next step.. why is it that the basic amenities common man is using to survive in this country is what the government are after.. nawaoooh
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Stop saying the subsidy money
There is no subsidy money
They were borrowing to pay subsidy and they could not find anyone foolish enough to continue lending them
They started owing NNPC which would have gone bankrupt
They are still own g NNPC since 2022 and did not pay one kobo last year
So all this

The subsidy money
that you people keep saying Upandan

Wake up there is nothing like that

Buhari even sold crude oil in advance up till later this year and spent the money
The country is broke
Nothing like
The subsidy money

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by poiZon: 6:58pm On Feb 24
bennybuhari:

https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reaping-benefits-of-his-hasty-decisions-says-babachir-lawal
When r we discussing the rejection letter from Qatari minister of commerce to Tinubu?

Abi e never ripe to talk about it...

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Mrbenny001: 6:58pm On Feb 24
badoh:
Here comes the Man who stole government fund, hence his suspension by Buhari. Babachir has no moral right to criticize any govt because he was part of those that wreck Nigerian economy.
Be looking for moral right.. hunger go soon remove your eyes..mumu

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:58pm On Feb 24
89green:
Babachir Lawal no see food chop, main reason why he is criticizing the Govt., not because he feels the pains of the masses.

Give am one office to hold, you will see the mumu going against the masses and saying all sorts of nonsense.
Leave the message, attack the messenger
Hallmark of Zombies

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by 89green: 6:59pm On Feb 24
NairalandForumo:

What both of you should be more concerned about is if Babachir Lawal is saying the truth, didn't he say the truth, deal with the truth...

Back to topic:

Tinubu is like a thief who stole a trailer because of the goods inside it but doesn't know how to drive the trailer, he either gets an experienced trailer driver or return the trailer with the goods back to the owner

Oga, politics will always be dirty no matter how much sauce you add to it, is it not the same guy the EFCC alleged to have converted and awarded cumulative proceeds of grass cutting contracts worth over N544 million to companies he had interests in.

give this guy one post to hold and see how he will become negative again. Abeg.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Makinaki: 6:59pm On Feb 24
calvingees:
My problem is the subsidy money we don't see it taking effect in the Nigerian economy.. I even heard electricity subsidy is the government next step.. why is it that the basic amenities common man is using to survive in this country is what the government are after.. nawaoooh
Meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design

Electricity subsidy, where the electricity?
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24
Goodlady:

The more you guys keep calling Yorubas ronu people the more you move far from collaboration with them. It's your choice to be humble as you catch cruise with them.
As a student of law, working together irrespective of tribe or party is the solution!

Don't mind them. Always claiming victim. Oponu calling Yoruba ronu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Truths9ja: 7:00pm On Feb 24
Removing subsidy without adequate preparation. Very bad
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by ivandragon: 7:00pm On Feb 24
True.

But more Importantly, he and his fellow apc members are not walking the walk they are telling Nigerians to walk.

The keep rolling out policies akin to austerity measures but they are not cutting down on their own excesses and luxuries.

If you want the people to endure, then the leaders should be seen to also tighten their belts.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:00pm On Feb 24
PortHarcourtcit:
See how the GBAJUE'S will celebrate and praise the comments of Lawal the grass cutting old man... grin
Another zombie attacking the messenger while leaving the message

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Brushstrokes20: 7:01pm On Feb 24
Spot onπŸ’―βœ…βœ…
eBOLA is all shades of disasters πŸ’―

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by SalamRushdie: 7:01pm On Feb 24
Exactly
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by poiZon: 7:01pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

Stop saying the subsidy money
There is no subsidy money
They were borrowing to pay subsidy and they could not find anyone foolish enough to continue lending them
They started owing NNPC which would have gone bankrupt
They are still own g NNPC since 2022 and did not pay one kobo last year
So all this

The subsidy money
that you people keep saying Upandan

Wake up there is nothing like that

Buhari even sold crude oil in advance up till later this year and spent the money
The country is broke
Nothing like
The subsidy money
Country is broke, country is broke but we dey spend 1billion naira on minimum wage committee that consists of state governors n ministers...

Country is broke, country is broke, we sent 1k plus people for climate change conference....

R we not supposed to sit up since we r broke?

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24
NairalandForumo:

What both of you should be more concerned about is if Babachir Lawal is saying the truth, didn't he say the truth, deal with the truth...

Back to topic:

Tinubu is like a thief who stole a trailer because of the goods inside it but doesn't know how to drive the trailer, he either gets an experienced trailer driver or return the trailer with the goods back to the owner
oh wake up from slumber, the comments of Lawal and the GBAJUE'S will not give me a sleepless night, we all know that Lawal is a political jobber and he's hungry... One million GBAJUE'S can not bring the authentic president TINUBU down...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha On Ahiajoku Lecture: Ihedioha Gathered PDP Chieftains To Abuse Me / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN / I Didn't Call For A Coup β€” Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.