Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting (41940 Views)

Qatar Makes U-Turn, Accepts Nigeria's Proposed Business Meeting / Afenifere Rejects Tinubu’s Victory, Insists Obi Won / We’re Ready To Tap Into Tinubu’s Proposed Cassava, Maize Economy - Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by uba1991: 12:13am On Feb 25
Only a mad man will risk his money to a man with corrupt past like Tinubu.
His name
His cert
His pry sch
His sec sch
His parents
His state of origin
His business
All are questionable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by LastProphet: 12:14am On Feb 25
ideatoprince18:
Gradually its dawning on our leaders that we are politically and economically worthless!!!!

Yes and this is just the start, quote me 5 years from now if Nigeria and Sudan etc are not at par. The hunger going on now we said it many years ago, it is unavoidable, you see how they withdrew foreign reserve to almost zero? That is the sound of a dying man who has no options left. The problem with us is that those with capacity to lead have always been ignored, those with knowledge ridiculed, so we didn't get here yesterday, we got here decades ago so expect more shameful surprises. There's only one option left and Tinubu knows it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by allthingsgood: 12:15am On Feb 25
ideatoprince18:
Gradually its dawning on our leaders that we are politically and economically worthless!!!!

Let me guess, u are Igbo? Lol

No worry we de wait una again in 2027. Kontinuuu
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:16am On Feb 25
tctrills:

Your president is a disgrace.

He is a disgrace because? You want him to force himself into Qatar wey your people don spoil. I see why you would like to shift the blame onto his head. Talk truth when you have the chance sometimes, it’s not everything that is chance for propaganda for you people

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by senatordave1(m): 12:17am On Feb 25
uba1991:
shut up! Even the presidency didn't deny the news

Shut down boy
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Kingbuhari(m): 12:17am On Feb 25
First class graduate from Chicago will run the economy and Shettima will handle insecurity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by allthingsgood: 12:19am On Feb 25
nlfpmod:

Sam Amadi

https://westernpost.ng/no-business-investment-forum-with-fg-qatar-govt-refutes-claims/

Igbos are always joyous at bad news against nigeria. Then expect to win elections in the same nigeria. Ok na

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:19am On Feb 25
Umuinyioku:
It's better the government looks inward. Develop our capacity and fight corruption.

By so doing,we shall come out of the doldrums.

In the meantime, let's fix our internal problems. And this will restore investors confidence in our country.

How do you expect foreign investments when there is insurgency, banditry, unaddressed religious and ethnic genocide and jumbo jet corruption?

Let's fix our problems with sincerity first before we attract foreign investments.

Make una come see person wey wise, wey get sense. It’s only the unintelligent that just open mouth Waaaa. Tinubu, Tinubu, ethnic jingoists everywhere masquerading their tribalism as hate for the president. They don't understand the problem, they don’t have solution, dem no sabi anything only Tinubu.

At least write something intelligent make we take know say if he say na you Dey there you go fit do the work with some level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by airsaylongcome: 12:20am On Feb 25
ElSudani:

Where is the lie here? What do you know about government protocols?

I must confess that I am not fully conversant with protocol of government. So forgive my short coming in that end. But to answer your question, "Where is the lie?". I guess it lies in the fact that the government has claimed that they will be having an official visit with officials of the State of Qatar. Meanwhile the same State of Qatar has written an official letter to the Nigerian government saying that won't be possible as the Qatari officials we plan to engage with, has other official, Qatari government state business for the same dates we have proposed to visit them. The hosts say they won't be able to entertain us on the date you'd like to visit them, but we have gone on to push out communication that we will be visiting them on those dates. That, to me, is where the lie is. Or don't you think so?

3 Likes

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Konquest: 12:21am On Feb 25
neyop85:
The MOD that pushed this to the front page for his Igbo brothers to come and eat is stupid. He deliberately put it at a late hour so that they can eat and be filled. Stupid people everywhere.
Tinubu will change this country for good by God's grace, all the games Igbos are playing, games aimed at propaganda and sabotaging the Naira using Octa FX, Binanace and other Crypto platforms will not work. They will fail massively, Tinubu will succeed and handover to a Northern president after 8yrs.

Una go wail till eternity!
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by tctrills: 12:21am On Feb 25
Bintasukai:

He is a disgrace because? You want him to force himself into Qatar wey your people don spoil. I see why you would like to shift the blame onto his head. Talk truth when you have the chance sometimes, it’s not everything that is chance for propaganda for you people
No one forced him to Qatar. You are hear blaming the people for the failures of their government. What a shame. Anyway, Tinubu needs more people like you to promote his failing government and blame innocent Nigerians for his failings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by ElSudani: 12:22am On Feb 25
airsaylongcome:

I must confess that I am not fully conversant with protocol of government. So forgive my short coming in that end. But to answer your question, "Where is the lie?". I guess it lies in the fact that the government has claimed that they will be having an official visit with officials of the State of Qatar. Meanwhile the same State of Qatar has written an official letter to the Nigerian government saying that won't be possible as the Qatari officials we plan to engage with, has other official, Qatari government state business for the same dates we have proposed to visit them. The hosts say they won't be able to entertain us on the date you'd like to visit them, but we have gone on to push out communication that we will be visiting them on those dates. That, to me, is where the lie is. Or don't you think so?

I will refer you to the official explanation. Perhaps it will make sense to you.

[b] STATE HOUSE PRESS STATEMENT

PRESIDENT BOLA TINUBU'S STATE VISIT TO QATAR

We are aware of a leaked diplomatic correspondence between the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Abuja and our Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s state visit to Qatar between 2 and 3 March, 2024.

The leaked diplomatic paper by mischief makers about an investment forum is not in any way a snub on President Tinubu by the Qatari government.

The Note Verbale is about a private sector-led Business and Investment Forum to be held on the margins of President Bola Tinubu's State Visit.

The event is being put together by the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) and Qatar's Chambers of Commerce and Industry where business people from Nigeria will engage their counterparts from Qatar on commercial and investment opportunities available in both countries.

We note the strong bilateral relationship between our two countries and affirm that the State Visit by President Bola Tinubu to Qatar is on the invitation of the Emir of Qatar, His Highness, Sheik Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani.

The State Visit is particularly aimed at strengthening the bilateral economic cooperation between Nigeria and Qatar.

NACCIMA and Qatar Chambers of Commerce and Industry are collaborating to take advantage of President Tinubu's visit to Doha to mobilise the business community from our two countries to explore opportunities in key economic sectors such as oil & gas, manufacturing, agro-business, construction, real estate, ICT, Renewable Energy, Solid Minerals and service sector, among others.

President Tinubu is expected to proceed to Qatar on the State Visit as scheduled and during the visit, the Nigerian leader will engage in high-level bilateral discussions with Qatari leader on many important matters, covering the full range of diplomatic and economic issues.

It is not correct for anyone to insinuate that the Qatari authorities have snubbed the Nigerian leader over a business and investment forum which is tangential to the all-important State Visit and which President Tinubu is slated to attend as a guest.

President Tinubu and His Highness Al-Thani are both committed to maintaining and building on the existing cordial and special relationship between Nigeria and the State of Qatar.

Bayo Onanuga
Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy

February 24, 2024 [/b]

The leaked letter is the sort of things that occur between countries when visits of this nature are planned. The leaked correspondence was between the Qatar embassy and our external affairs ministry, routine stuff. Why would anyone leak details of a visit that is probably still being put together?
For what purpose?
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:22am On Feb 25
LastProphet:

Yes and this is just the start, quote me 5 years from now if Nigeria and Sudan etc are not at par. The hunger going on now we said it many years ago, it is unavoidable, you see how they withdrew foreign reserve to almost zero? That is the sound of a dying man who has no options left. The problem with us is that those with capacity to lead have always been ignored, those with knowledge ridiculed, so we didn't get here yesterday, we got here decades ago so expect more shameful surprises. There's only one option left and Tinubu knows it

Who be those with capacity abeg? Say d name make we hear you?
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by bionixs: 12:24am On Feb 25
Lumarstone:
Qatar has nothing to offer this country.
go and sit down. Eternal mumu

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by 11doubledee: 12:27am On Feb 25
Bintasukai:
Your president is looking for business for the country, in order to bring in more dollars, more jobs, more trade. And you are happy he is failing. You can cut your nose to annoy your face. Yet na una cause am, travel to Qatar be doing cultism and ashewo. But you want to blame Tinubu. Make una Dey play. You don ever blame your governor for anything before, Abi you no even sabi him work? Everyday Tinubu.
Some of them don't even know how much their local government collects on their behalf monthly from the federal government,in addition to the taxes these local government collects.
Even councilors are supposed to be accountable.
They are the ones we can easily demand accountability from because they are closer to us but only chose to focus on the center.
Tinubu is yet to get it right,no doubt but it's high time we hold every arm of government responsible especially all levels of executive and legislature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Lilwurd24: 12:28am On Feb 25
Announcement !! Announcement!!
we need to gather up for town hall Make we plan how to sacrifice tilumbu 😆 to the gods of Bulaba

chaii See see finish A whole giant of Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by airsaylongcome: 12:28am On Feb 25
ElSudani:

I will refer you to the official explanation. Perhaps it will make sense to you.

Thanks. I don't derive any joy in seeing the country the way it currently is. But there are always consequences for every action. I am a southerner. Neither Igbo or Yoruba. And would want to see a more united south. But Nigeria has been utterly unfair to a segment of their citizens, even gloating at those segment(s).
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Ykc2(m): 12:28am On Feb 25
Na igbo people go tell Qatar government not to agree to Tinubu's visit since igbo people no like nigeria government according agbadorians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by bentenny(m): 12:29am On Feb 25
Bintasukai:

Yes, you have to. Why do you think banks have marketers to go and invite business. The ease of doing business index has improved since Tinubu came into power, you don’t think he should go and let investors know. What do you think leaders do at all these international summits?
I really don't understand this ease of doing business you guys keep talking about.....
Have the essentials for businesses to thrive in Nigeria been solved?
Have we tackled insecurity?
Have Nigeria achieved a near 247 electricity supply even at Abuja?
Have the FG been able to actualize a unified tax system?
Has transport cost been reduced?
Until these recurring issues are tackled,you cannot come out to say there is ease in doing business in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:29am On Feb 25
neyop85:

They only know little about what's going on. Your likes have succeeded in using propaganda to deceive them. But we will tell them the truth, we will keep educating those who wish to know the truth. Your plans have failed, Tinubu will succeed and all of you, Yes! All of you Igbos will fizzle away into oblivion, like nothing ever happend.

Very unfortunate bunch of people, feeling happy when their country is going through change, change that will bring about growth. Yet, they are glad, they jump at anything bad, any bad news about Nigeria is good news to them. Good news is bad news to them. You all shall see, you shall see Nigeria grow under Tinubu and you shall wail and never rule.

These ones don’t want anything to go well o. What they want is Obi presidency. Then no matter how d country is faring they will be defending Obi. Don’t take their matter to heart. We can see their problem from a mile away, na ethnicism disguised under political rhetoric.
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Metrofox(m): 12:29am On Feb 25
grin na the minister of trade them be wan even send go answer. Tell am the minister is busy
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:31am On Feb 25
Quinns:
No sane person will board a drowning ship. They(/Yoruba Ronus/APC), should pls tell their slave master and lord Emiokan to stop begging up n down. 😂 Nobody wants to be associated with a thief and failure..

They dont want tribalists either
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by jogojogo: 12:34am On Feb 25
Yea surf the Internet, get this kind of bets and start jubilation....7 year and 6 months of heart break left for these guys
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:34am On Feb 25
11doubledee:

Some of them don't even know how much their local government collects on their behalf monthly from the federal government,in addition to the taxes these local government collects.
Even councilors are supposed to be accountable.
They are the ones we can easily demand accountable from because they are closer to us but only chose to focus on the center.
Tinubu is yet to get it right,no doubt but it's high time we hold every arm of government responsible especially all levels of executive and legislature.

None of them know anything, and if you tell them this thing you just said, they will shun you. It’s boring to them, because no ethnicism to exploit. They don’t want good governance, they don’t want the “stress” related to monitoring anything. They just want to hate and practice ethnicism in peace.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by realoscar84(m): 12:34am On Feb 25
Cut the crap buddy. Its not well and you know it. I'm not the type that badmouth the only country i call my own but with this letter, even the most optimistic fellow like me will have to rethink where the country is currently headed. We've never had it this bad. Imagine no country give a damn about us anymore. And the irony of it all is that our policy makers have refused to wake up.

Patriotictee:
It's well
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by jogojogo: 12:36am On Feb 25
Bintasukai:

These ones don’t want anything to go well o. What they want is Obi presidency. Then no matter how d country is faring they will be defending Obi. Don’t take their matter to heart. We can see their problem from a mile away, na ethnicism disguised under political rhetoric.
Whatever happens Obi will never be president
Tinubu their nemesis remains their PRESIDENT
They can't do anything else than hating
I cra w for their hatred. It brings blessings
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bhol28: 12:36am On Feb 25
Fake news.He is going to Qatar March 3rd.Why will Qatar even reject any president,s official visit.They only rescheduled the time.Gullibles believe anything cause they have no sense of reasoning.Wander why some are joyous about this fake news even.
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by CaptainFM1: 12:37am On Feb 25
ceejay80s:

Going to jail say Qatar reject u?

Read very well again.
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by Bintasukai: 12:38am On Feb 25
airsaylongcome:

Thanks. I don't derive any joy in seeing the country the way it currently is. But there are always consequences for every action. I am a southerner. Neither Igbo or Yoruba. And would want to see a more united south. But Nigeria has been utterly unfair to a segment of their citizens, even gloating at those segment(s).
I agree about the unfairness, but then again, it is because of their antecedents. They started the coup plotting, gloating, killings a long time ago. Unfortunately, it bred a lot of distrust. This is because the way they are now is the same exact way they were then. Backing where the world is facing, personal insults on other regions leaders to where you will be wondering whether it is still politics or another thing, then they now pushed it too far and since then they have been u deriving this persecution. Blame them for a lot of the woes Nigeria finds itself in, blame them for the woes they find themselves in.
Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by faceland: 12:39am On Feb 25
ideatoprince18:

Most of the things we do is pretense/cosplay.
Qatar just said "sorry, we don't have time for dress up and make-believe".
Any business that your partner is not gaining is not business, it is charity or parasitic relationship.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting by CaptainFM1: 12:41am On Feb 25
43Ronin:

Nobody's going to jail cos it's karma at play. They also leaked confidential info to Sahara reporters during GEJ time, don't be quick to 4get

I really don't bluudy care who is playing games with one another. It's none of my business. My point is government internal memo should be what it is. We have really turned this country into a toothpick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Receives PDP Youth Leaders In Abuja (Photos) / Shocking State Of Owerri After Rainfall (Photos) / Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.