Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester (18172 Views)

Photo Of Alex Iwobi And Terem Moffi's Fathers At UNN In 1985 / Nigeria's Duo Of Balogun, Aribo Celebrate Glasgow Rangers Title Success / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by CrownedPhoenix: 8:53am On Feb 25
Maysdevices post=128633960:
Who told you he lost his self esteem and stopped believing in himself?

I’m glad I’m not a public figure, the power people assume they have on others is hilarious

Dude deleted social media posts, considered quitting the national team. At some point his other team members and league manager had to publicly encourage him.

So yes, it had some telling on his esteem.
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by CrownedPhoenix: 8:57am On Feb 25
Sicilyjoe:

Recover waiting ? He should ask yakubu what happen to him after that open miss against Korea for world cup SA 2010

For one, Yak was already an old man and could handle certain situations better than a young boy of Iwobi's age bracket.

Secondly, social media was not this much of a monster.

So no, I doubt Yakubu received this much mean trolling
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by RickyJesus: 8:59am On Feb 25
CrownedPhoenix:
Congratulations to them!

Hopefully, this goes a long way to recover the lost self esteem after the trolling he got for his performance at AFCON

Perhaps he can find reasons to believe in himself again.
Clearly he has.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by vickydevoka(m): 9:02am On Feb 25
Ddeliverer007:
Iwobi just dey cut Nigerians ticket back to back.

When he suppose play, he no go play; when he no suppose score, he go score.

Nawa o
Nwobi is an attacking midfielder, Nigeria one use am for central midfield

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by vickydevoka(m): 9:03am On Feb 25
VaginaAcademic:
Iwobi was played out of position as a Defensive midfielder
Exactly. He is an attacker. Attacking midfielder noe central midfielder

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Maysdevices(f): 9:13am On Feb 25
CrownedPhoenix:

Dude deleted social media posts, considered quitting the national team. At some point his other team members and league manager had to publicly encourage him.

So yes, it had some telling on his esteem.

I stand corrected
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by zumbigbo(m): 9:21am On Feb 25
fergie001:
Just smh.....

Keep on shaking, you will react better to more inflation grin
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by seunayantokun(m): 9:44am On Feb 25
Good for them. We dash them Iwobi forever
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Agugbadin: 9:45am On Feb 25
Which Iwobi ?.Is it the same AFCON Iwobi?
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by AuthorMan: 10:02am On Feb 25
Maysdevices:
Who told you he lost his self esteem and stopped believing in himself?

I’m glad I’m not a public figure, the power people assume they have on others is hilarious
love u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by olisaEze(m): 10:25am On Feb 25
Akaujaa:
Goal wey Iwobi suppose score against Cote D'Ivoire, na em e go score against Manchester United. Nawa oo

I just taya for the ticket cutter! undecided
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by tiswell(m): 10:27am On Feb 25
Nairalander248:
They cut people's tickets grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Iwobi played like his uncle maybe Nigeria coach should play him in that position. Afcon highest goal scorer played 2 at club but was flourishing at number 9 for Guinea. Iwobi will do well at number 11 position grin cheesy, he.will score goals. And they played against one small team called Man United cheesy grin
he doesn't have pace
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Melonsmasher: 10:48am On Feb 25
Ddeliverer007:

Nawa o
grin
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by alobright17(m): 11:09am On Feb 25
CluelessMODS:

It is not about wailing but doing what is right after all there are other forum. Unless you are new on NL if not you will realize how silly those moderators can be. Yes I call them silly I don't care about any ban. They don't pay my bills.
So why wailing and renting when you know they don't pay your bill ?
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by ABC101FF: 11:12am On Feb 25
Best way to silent the agbado batists.
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by ABC101FF: 11:12am On Feb 25
Best way to silence the agbado batists.
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by alobright17(m): 11:15am On Feb 25
malali:

I dont even know which they banned me for ? I think its critiquing the government and some policies, which i have a right to. I have also commended the government for good policies as well. I have been completely banned from the politics section, i can only comment in sports ! and other things. This is disenfranchisement . If this people end up running INEC you can only imagine what will happen.

I'm curious how they banned you on a forum like NL you then turn to blame government: and don't even the reason you were banned? Come on I know propaganda when I see one from distance
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by SaLongs1(m): 11:25am On Feb 25
Ddeliverer007:

Nawa o
grin Na how much you loss?
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Negroid001(m): 11:37am On Feb 25
MrBONE2:

grin

Bro you sef reason am. What are the odds?
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by FireUpNow(m): 11:40am On Feb 25
malali:

Proud of him.

👍
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Cmanforall: 11:46am On Feb 25
robosky02:

https://www.pulsesports.ng/sports-gist/story/manchester-united-1-2-nigeria-reactions-as-iwobi-and-bassey-lead-fulham-to-victory-2024022417591147585

Good for Iwobi.
Let him remain there and shine. Super Eagles won't miss him.
Moreover it will give opportunity for Nigerians to see new talent in that position
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Cmanforall: 11:49am On Feb 25
Nairalander248:
They cut people's tickets grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Iwobi played like his uncle maybe Nigeria coach should play him in that position. Afcon highest goal scorer played 2 at club but was flourishing at number 9 for Guinea. Iwobi will do well at number 11 position grin cheesy, he.will score goals. And they played against one small team called Man United cheesy grin

Let him retire.
Victor Moses was still good, but decided to retire. I believe he had his reasons. But that gave opportunity for Nigerians to see new players get the opportunity to play.
I wish Iwobi well in his club
Iwobi won't be missed in the SE
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by ufuosman(m): 12:31pm On Feb 25
👍🏽👍🏽
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by godwon01(m): 12:43pm On Feb 25
I watched the full match yesterday and I was amazed the way Iwobi played yesterday. If he had played like that during AFCON, Nigeria would have won AFCON for the fourth time. He contested all the balls with world class touches. I wondered where he got all the energy. The goal he scored was world class goal. Onana could not move .
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Bouncing2(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25
BigYash:
Iwobi my guy. 4odds wen pass minimum wage wink
Aswr down!!

I sight better 4odds com notify my gees,,,and we dey happy since😉

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Bahamas95(m): 1:10pm On Feb 25
Why won't Iwobi score? Fulham played against a small team. grin
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by BigYash: 1:19pm On Feb 25
Bouncing2:

Aswr down!!

I sight better 4odds com notify my gees,,,and we dey happy since😉
Correct guy cheesy👍

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by Ageco(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25
It was England V Nigeria.
England 1: 2 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by tctrills: 1:29pm On Feb 25
BUSHHUNTER:
To make one finish assist or to score na big problem for Afcon!

Who u dey impress 😏?

Failed midfielder!! Iwobi!!!

To the knuckleheads wey go quote me...F u!
The premier league is a much bigger stage than Afcon so cry me a river.
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by tctrills: 1:32pm On Feb 25
VaginaAcademic:
Iwobi was played out of position as a Defensive midfielder
To me, iwobi was our most creative player in Afcon. He may not have been as imposing or as fast but he did better with the ball on his feet than most.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by CluelessMODS: 2:02pm On Feb 25
alobright17:
So why wailing and renting when you know they don't pay your bill ?
Mr man I am not the one wailing. You quoted someone without checking the moniker, I only responded to the comment you made to the other person.
Meanwhile are you NL spokes person? Why you dey carry NL matter for your head?Because someone doesn't pay my bill doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. Your response is like that of a typical Nigerian and that is why people are oppressed.
Re: Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester by CluelessMODS: 2:04pm On Feb 25
MrBONE2:

Wish you well my damn Bwana grin
Lol ..😂😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nicklas Bendtner Sentenced To 50-Day Jailterm / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? / Sarri Gives Loftus-cheek A Lifeline Ahead Of Bournemouth Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.