Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. (6678 Views)

We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Senate To CBN, Ministers: Your Policies Are Failing / Peter Obi Kneels Down In Dunamis Church To Appreciate God (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Ojemedad: 9:48am On Feb 25
bcomputer101:

It's so unfortunate that been Emilokan supporter automatically makes a brain drained
How will a reasonable person be celebrating this nonsense?

Return it back to 397 Naira per dollar that your darling daddy (Tinubu) met it

They are all brainless

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by successmatters(m): 9:50am On Feb 25
Na propaganda we go use push dollar down? grin
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by kolamilan(m): 9:53am On Feb 25
Lol. The dollar always depreciates on weekends and every month end. The dollar always appreciate Every first week of every month.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Win12345: 9:56am On Feb 25
Have subsidy been removed?
Goodvibes007:
The reforms will surely work. A decade of destruction won't be fixed in a few days. Obj and GEJ tried to remove subsidy, but they don't have the balls to do it unlike the current man on the seat.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by anyilalaz: 9:56am On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
True....see
Binance this morning.

Peter Obi and his barbarians will not be happy now.

Oya, make bag of rice come down from Mt Kilimanjaro
Oya make bag of cement come down from Mt Everest.
Oya make a liter of fuel come down from Zuma Rock.
Oya make a kg of cooking gas come down from Idanre Hill,
Oya make the price of garri come down from Shere Hill,
Oya make custom duty come down from Sankwala Mt..
Add your own my people
Until dollar come down to 750-800, I no Greeeee.

yeye the smell
radarada..

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Inspirer1: 9:57am On Feb 25
kcprince:
Those quoting binance P2P should wait for tomorrow to know the real value. P2P are usually low during weekends .

I wish the rise will be tackled for good.
Amen, I pray the gain can be sustained.

Like you noted, let's wait and observe what happens during the week.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by year2013: 9:57am On Feb 25
Goodvibes007:
The reforms will surely work. A decade of destruction won't be fixed in a few days. Obj and GEJ tried to remove subsidy, but they don't have the balls to do it unlike the current man on the seat.

Brainwashed urchin.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Paraman: 10:09am On Feb 25
BreconHills:

It will.

Anyone that sells tomato at a premium when the market is selling at a lower price will eat their own tomato.

There is a lady clearing consignment after consignment on Twitter by selling rice at a cheaper price.
Please can I have her Twitter handle?

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by ShoeGetSize: 10:11am On Feb 25
Una fit lie for Africa

muykem:
1 USD = 1,469.112057 NGN as at today 25th February 2024.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by anonimi: 10:27am On Feb 25
SalamRushdie:
Someone is calling 1566 in Binance an appreciation πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Is that not what the Stalin quote about a bloodied chicken and loyalty was about?

Stockholm syndrome is real and one has to be careful not to be trapped.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by slipperyanus07: 10:36am On Feb 25
NairalandForumo:

See, any policy the CBN puts that does not make the politicians panick or revolt against then I don't think they have gotten it right...

It is only thieves that oppose putting security and measures to stop robbery in a place that has always been attacked by robbers....

That was why when Emefiele did the naira redesign, initially I was not in support but as I saw the politicians coming out and revolting, then I knew Emefiele really got them on that, the very same people destroying the country coming out in unity to fight to revert it.

I knew Emefiele got that one right, Nigerians only needed to wait till the whole saga was over but they still had their way through the judiciary, today there is excess naira in circulation and the naira has lost so much value mainly because of them having plenty of it and mopping up the dollars without adding any form of value to the economy like production of goods or services...

If the politicians have not revolted then forget it, I don't believe they have gotten it right yet...
grin ;Di think u are right on this one
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Elliotwaveforec: 11:01am On Feb 25
Crashing

Parallel.

Prices of rice and others will definitely drop

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Manager001: 11:03am On Feb 25
You guys are morons oooh!
In another post, you will shout usdt is not real dollar and binance can't be used as yardstick.
Now, you are showing us the same usdt in binance.
Are you mad or something?

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Elliotwaveforec: 11:05am On Feb 25
Manager001:
In another post, you will shout usdt is not real dollar and binance can't be used as yardstick.
Oya, continue buying your USDT for profit if you get mind.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Victerica(m): 11:14am On Feb 25
Cruise grin cheesy smiley
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Curious346: 11:14am On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
True....see
Binance this morning.

Binanace has been blocked in Nigeria . How did you gain access

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Elliotwaveforec: 11:22am On Feb 25
There will be less demand at the official now; all roads to parallel.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by TokunboCarsOnly: 11:22am On Feb 25
Idiot
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by OfficialP: 11:27am On Feb 25
Yourprick:
It will go below 1k before march end

I hope so but I see it rallying to 2500 per dollar
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by commoditiesnig: 11:28am On Feb 25
muykem:
Good one
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by dynicks(m): 11:46am On Feb 25
Saao:
you don't even have shame. Most Peter Obi comment is to help the government succeed. Buhari a farmer without certificate left government with dollar to naira far less than 1k but you here jubilating on Sunday with less demand for dollars. Why not wait till weekdays? We are all suffering it together so is not about opposition. Tinubu misfired and he keep misfiring instead of retracting his steps, he is so arrogant about it. Most criticism of Tinubu comes from the north but you guys snub or scared of north and focusing on Igbo's. Some of us from the middle belt are even criticizing him more because of insecurity than Igbo's but u focus more on them.
I don't know who u are or where u from but I really must commend u for having stated the obvious and full blown reality as to the way and manner some persons perceive so much hatred and ill feelings towards the igbo people......Atleast it's good to know that peeps from other ethnic divides are really following up and observant to what's happening...
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Elliotwaveforec: 11:47am On Feb 25
Eco 101
Official 1607
Black/Parallel 1450

Participant sell from official at a discount and buy at the black market cheap.

Official rate falls
Black rises a bit to equilibrium.

Summary: Official rate will be stable which is the aim of the CBN.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by drlateef: 11:48am On Feb 25
Prokaryote:
it won't ooo...I pray God help us

It will come down. If you don’t know economics keep quiet. Many hoarders and illegal exporters of food will stop as naira gains strength against neighbouring countries currencies. Cost of importing essentials will also come down.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by udemzyudex(m): 11:51am On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
True....see
Binance this morning.

Lol... Calling Peter Obi for #1400 to a dollar?

You should be ashamed of yourself, why not wait till it gets to #500 first before you start gallivanting.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by udemzyudex(m): 11:53am On Feb 25
coputa:
Even if the naira gradually regains value will the high cost of goods and services come down.

How did we even get here? I understand that some materials for production are being imported and price have to go up because of the increase in dollars.
But what about tomatoes, pepper, yam and garri, are they imported into Nigeria with dollars?

Cos of transportation can't just be the only reason why the prices of commodities we have here in the country are skyrocketing.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by oloyedewaris(m): 11:55am On Feb 25
worldclass68:
They usually go down in the weekend...there isn't activites like in the week.

Bug fat lie, it was rising like mad last weekend,

BTW it has started going down since Thursday

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by GoodSpirit: 12:04pm On Feb 25
Goodvibes007:

Read what you wrote, did you make sense?

Someone who approbate and reprobate at the same time is the one casting aspersions on others, you lots need a mental awakening to see things beyond your nostrils.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by GoodSpirit: 12:09pm On Feb 25
Manager001:

I thought I was the only one thinking like this.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by worldclass68(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25
oloyedewaris:

Bug fat lie, it was rising like mad last weekend,

BTW it has started going down since Thursday

Last weekend? Lol waiting I dey do steady
It went down between Friday night to Sunday night...
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by BabbanBura(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25
Yourprick:
It will go below 1k before march end

Please quote me for a 100k if this so-called reform continue to improve the naira by the end of Match.

These measures are only temporary, not sustainable. Naira will improve temporarily and then continue to slide
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Paraman: 12:32pm On Feb 25
BabbanBura:

Please quote me for a 100k if this so-called reform continue to improve the naira by the end of Match.

These measures are only temporary, not sustainable. Naira will improve temporarily and then continue to slide
I will quote you by the end of march.

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Kukutenla: 12:43pm On Feb 25
muykem:
Chai!!

From 216 to $1

APC has wrecked this country

See The Biggest Bridge Constructed By Ex-president Jonathan / Tinubu Vows To End Strike In Varsities / Unlicensed Preaching Law: Boko Haram threatens To Attack Katsina