Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. (6677 Views)

We Are Paying State Workers ₦70,000 Minimum Wage - Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Senate To CBN, Ministers: Your Policies Are Failing / Peter Obi Kneels Down In Dunamis Church To Appreciate God (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by BigYash: 12:45pm On Feb 25
One thing this government is missing is that ,they ought to set up a price regulatory committee and taskforce in all states,even as they are trying to balance the economy.. To make this country work no hard,our leaders don't want to make it work,cux they are benefiting from it directly and indirectly..

1 Like

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by delkuf(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25
kcprince:
Those quoting binance P2P should wait for tomorrow to know the real value. P2P are usually low during weekends .

I wish the rise will be tackled for good.
I thought they say they trade weekend. I don't know. Someone enlightened us
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by LordBillionz: 12:59pm On Feb 25
coputa:
Remove religion from economic reality.

What goes up in Nigeria never comes down
Just imagine FG meeting with cement producers to fix cement prices...

1 Like

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by anonymous1759(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25
NairalandForumo:

See, any policy the CBN puts that does not make the politicians panick or revolt against then I don't think they have gotten it right...

It is only thieves that oppose putting security and measures to stop robbery in a place that has always been attacked by robbers....

That was why when Emefiele did the naira redesign, initially I was not in support but as I saw the politicians coming out and revolting, then I knew Emefiele really got them on that, the very same people destroying the country coming out in unity to fight to revert it.

I knew Emefiele got that one right, Nigerians only needed to wait till the whole saga was over but they still had their way through the judiciary, today there is excess naira in circulation and the naira has lost so much value mainly because of them having plenty of it and mopping up the dollars without adding any form of value to the economy like production of goods or services...

If the politicians have not revolted then forget it, I don't believe they have gotten it right yet...

You’ve made some points though I know you’re OBIDIENT but seems you’ve something upstairs unlike your fellow compatriots let’s leave elections and party aside .

The only reason politicians revolted against the naira redesign was because of vote buying , it wasn’t related to any form of economic advantage.

Northern cabals wanted power to return to the North at all cost .
It was Only ATiku and Obi that was happy it , because the hardship will deem Tinubu’s chances .
But not all PDP governors were in support especially the ones that under performed .

I feel the policy will yield results just like you said anything that’ll make cabals fret is working .
Evert since Dantata and some Northern big wigs started clamoring for parliamentary system of government I knew they’re getting heat.

These policies are hurting the Cabals in BDC, it’s not business as usual .
But I’ll like BAT to ban BDC and make it illegal to trade dollars aside from the banks or airports.
All those cronies will be forced to return the dollars to the banks for ordinary people who genuinely need it to trade .

That’ll be a masterstroke but if BATs do it northerners will revolt and OBIDIENTs will join them even if they know the idea will help .
We’re only loyal to or ethnic group and religion in this country not the constitution or the country. we’re too divided for any leader to make a drastic decision In Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by nasha6enilo: 1:20pm On Feb 25
Amen ooooThe best is what we wantAmen ooooThe best is what we want...
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by LillyandDaisy: 1:36pm On Feb 25
coputa:
Even if the naira gradually regains value will the high cost of goods and services come down.
it will surely comes down, but very slowly

1 Like

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by heniford2: 1:42pm On Feb 25
1500 be it's gaining haba
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Procashtips(m): 1:48pm On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
True....see
Binance this morning.

Peter Obi and his barbarians will not be happy now.

Learner

Price often drops during weekends grin
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Procashtips(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25
kcprince:
Those quoting binance P2P should wait for tomorrow to know the real value. P2P are usually low during weekends .

I wish the rise will be tackled for good.

You should have allowed them enjoy the 'fake' wins.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by BreconHills(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25
Paraman:
Please can I have her Twitter handle?

https:///TheQueenAminat?s=09
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by RenaissanceGuy: 2:03pm On Feb 25
coputa:
Even if the naira gradually regains value will the high cost of goods and services come down.
Of course, they'll. It has happened in the past again and again and again. There was a time the prices of foodstuff dropped by more than 60% up till around Covid19, before they started shooting up again due to the lock down.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by NairalandForumo: 2:24pm On Feb 25
anonymous1759:

You’ve made some points though I know you’re OBIDIENT but seems you’ve something upstairs unlike your fellow compatriots let’s leave elections and party aside .

The only reason politicians revolted against the naira redesign was because of vote buying , it wasn’t related to any form of economic advantage.

Northern cabals wanted power to return to the North at all cost .
It was Only ATiku and Obi that was happy it , because the hardship will deem Tinubu’s chances .
But not all PDP governors were in support especially the ones that under performed .

I feel the policy will yield results just like you said anything that’ll make cabals fret is working .
Evert since Dantata and some Northern big wigs started clamoring for parliamentary system of government I knew they’re getting heat.

These policies are hurting the Cabals in BDC, it’s not business as usual .
But I’ll like BAT to ban BDC and make it illegal to trade dollars aside from the banks or airports.
All those cronies will be forced to return the dollars to the banks for ordinary people who genuinely need it to trade .

That’ll be a masterstroke but if BATs do it northerners will revolt and OBIDIENTs will join them even if they know the idea will help .
We’re only loyal to or ethnic group and religion in this country not the constitution or the country. we’re too divided for any leader to make a drastic decision In Nigeria.

I knew the naira policy was majorly for stopping vote buying, but the reversal is now what the country is also facing because we have both the old and the new currencies in circulation which I feel is in excess circulation...

For your last paragraph I will be one of the happiest people to see BDC's banned and restrictions only done digitally through bank accounts even if Peter Obi opposes it, I wish Tinubu will be able to do it..

I like your write up and I really commend your contribution though we may not agree on everything like we have other good obidients who contribute well too but away from politics we just want a system that works to benefit everyone regardless of party, ethnic or religious affiliation.

It's true the country is very divided now, regional or outright division is what I feel is best not even that parliamentary system the north is clamoring, those guys don't agitate for what does not favour them, let every region handle their matters their way...

Thanks for the contribution...

6 Likes

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by galantjoe(m): 2:46pm On Feb 25
There is no other way to ,ale Nigerian economy than to reinstate fuel subsidy and pump price to N250 per liter.

All these CBN intervention will have no lasting effect because fundamentally 1 naira is trying to get it's value to 1 dollar
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by kunle4toyeyaho: 2:58pm On Feb 25
Saao:
you don't even have shame. Most Peter Obi comment is to help the government succeed. Buhari a farmer without certificate left government with dollar to naira far less than 1k but you here jubilating on Sunday with less demand for dollars. Why not wait till weekdays? We are all suffering it together so is not about opposition. Tinubu misfired and he keep misfiring instead of retracting his steps, he is so arrogant about it. Most criticism of Tinubu comes from the north but you guys snub or scared of north and focusing on Igbo's. Some of us from the middle belt are even criticizing him more because of insecurity than Igbo's but u focus more on them.
Buhari was defending Naira with Nigeria's foreign reserve while Tinubu floats Naira.Learn to understand scenarios before you spew thrash

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Acidosis(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25
The Naira is appreciating against the dollar, but it's not showing the same trend against other currencies. Make una sha be careful. I won't say more lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by lionshare: 3:14pm On Feb 25
Acidosis:

The Naira is appreciating against the dollar, but it's not showing the same trend against other currencies. Make una sha be careful. I won't say more lipsrsealed

By Monday whatever is going on will be clear.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Saao(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25
kunle4toyeyaho:
Buhari was defending Naira with Nigeria's foreign reserve while Tinubu floats Naira.Learn to understand scenarios before you spew thrash
statement from an unintelligent fellow. Buhari chooses that method and it works for him to an extent but Tinubu decided to float it to achieve better result but failed. A wise policy maker in this case will retract his step and apologize and look for something better rather he was arrogant about it. If the purpose is to serve then he wouldn't have continue on something that is not helping the masses.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by adioolayi(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25
coputa:

It's not true

https://leadership.ng/cbn-reduces-import-duty-rate-by-7-3/
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Lifemanage: 4:32pm On Feb 25
coputa:

I think it will be different this time
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by kunle4toyeyaho: 4:47pm On Feb 25
Saao:
statement from an unintelligent fellow. Buhari chooses that method and it works for him to an extent but Tinubu decided to float it to achieve better result but failed. A wise policy maker in this case will retract his step and apologize and look for something better rather he was arrogant about it. If the purpose is to serve then he wouldn't have continue on something that is not helping the masses.
You are just being mischievous. Where do you expect Tinubu to get money to defend Naira? Do you know the exact value of the foreign reserve when PMB left as against the $37billion reported by the then government?Are you not aware our crude had also been sold in advance by the past government? Where would he get fund to defend the Naira if he had chosen to?
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by leokid866: 4:47pm On Feb 25
coputa:

two things have always happened....either standard of living rise or price does go down over a period of time usually within 2 quarters....Nigeria has faced both sides over the years.....but I see both happening together the First time ever.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by leokid866: 4:50pm On Feb 25
bcomputer101:

It's so unfortunate that been Emilokan supporter automatically makes a brain deactivated and drained
How will a reasonable person be celebrating this nonsense?

Return it back to 397 Naira per dollar that your darling daddy (Tinubu) met it
you just wait......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by leokid866: 5:00pm On Feb 25
oloriooko:

1. Which subsidy did Tinubu remove?
2. It's this same Tinubu that protested against GEJ govt when subsidy was to be removed
Under this Government we see Multiple Refineries coming up....but under Gej how many were running? How many barrels were they producing? Someone had no plans for maintaining the economy afterwards but he wanted to remove subsidy? He even kept Dangote from buying the PH refinery and held back his license to setup a refinery for 2 years because of politics but he wanted to remove subsidy......Even Buhari knew we could not remove it till we were able to face the aftermath which is why he scheduled it till the end of his tenure knowing relief will come soon.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Peppysco: 5:08pm On Feb 25
coputa:

Are you asking because you want to know or because you want to jest?
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by coputa(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25
Peppysco:

Are you asking because you want to know or because you want to jest?
It's a rhetorical question
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by DWickedLandLord: 5:38pm On Feb 25
Some of you are not as learned as you pretend to be.

These are just reactionary movements but nothing you can hang your hat on as if this is the new wave.

Since Tinubu entered, this is not the first temporary back step. 🤦🏾‍♂️

But whatever.... nothing do me
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by NaMe4: 6:58pm On Feb 25
But the dollar itself is expected to lose strength in the coming weeks. (From analysis of the markets).

1 Like

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Kilometres: 7:23pm On Feb 25
coputa:

So because the cost of goods and services may not come down.... the govt should just forget doing anything to make the Naira regain its value?
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Johnjustice: 7:25pm On Feb 25
No need to celebrate anything, their floating policy took it so high in the first place. They must bring it down to less than N500.
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by coputa(m): 7:32pm On Feb 25
Kilometres:

So because the cost of goods and services may not come down.... the govt should just forget doing anything to make the Naira regain its value?
The measures taken by the government to make the naira to regain it's value are welcomed

But Nigerians won't bring down their prices of goods and services.the masses are also part of the problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by Rexymania(m): 7:37pm On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
True....see
Binance this morning.

Peter Obi and his barbarians will not be happy now.

Will not be Happy at 1500? You must be joking 😃😃😁
Re: CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. by olorunyomi25149: 9:23pm On Feb 25
The government is becoming more agile. The government is becoming more agile. ...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners / Anambra Election: Ekwueme Warns Politicians Against Promoting Violence / Tinubu Vows To End Strike In Varsities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.