Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu (1604 Views)

They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu / PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma / I Am Not Losing Sleep Over APC’s Plot To Impeach Me - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by politicoNG: 11:40am On Feb 25
Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, has raised the alarm over a fresh plot to impeach him following his emergence as the factional candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the September 21 governorship election.

Shaibu, who has been having a running battle with his boss, Governor Godwin Obaseki, said the impeachment move was revealed to him by his team.

He disclosed this yesterday during a media parley with journalists from Edo State yesterday, in Abuja.

Shaibu vowed to carry on with his preparations even if doing so would cause his impeachment by the state House of Assembly.

The Returning Officer in the Edo PDP governorship primary and Governor of Zamfara State, Dauda Lawal, last Thursday, announced Asue Ighodalo as the winner of the delegate election, having polled a total of 577 votes.

However, in the parallel primaries that took place at the Benin residence of the deputy governor, the Returning Officer, Barthlomew Moses, declared Shaibu the winner, saying he won “with over 300 votes.”

But Shaibu said he was the authentic candidate, while describing the primary that produced Ighodalo, who is backed by Governor Obaseki, as nothing short of a social party attended by “people who wore aso ebi from all over the place.”

Shaibu, who defected to the PDP alongside Obaseki, in 2020 from the All-Progressives Congress (APC), said his office has been subjected to all manner of degrading treatment by the governor, adding that he is the man to win the election for the PDP.

He said: “Even as we speak, my team has been calling me that, ‘Look at what these people are doing. They are saying they are going to impeach you, that you have gotten too far.’ They are threatening to impeach me.

“And I said, well, if fighting for my rights and all of us collectively fighting for our rights, which is in the constitution, can trigger impeachment, so be it; because fighting for my rights and saying I must contest the election is my constitutional rights and cannot be taken by anybody.

“So, if constitutional right is why they will now trigger impeachment, the courts are there, they will interpret it.”

Shaibu, who described Ighodalo as “my far elder brother,” however, urged the PDP to know that the lawyer-turned-politician does not have what it takes to win the poll.

“If the party wants to win the election, they will not go for Ighodalo. If the party wants to win the election, the people have spoken, and they have spoken very loud and clearly.

“If people can stand bullets to say this is who we want, then the party should follow that direction,”
he added.

The deputy governor said that he has appointed former APC Deputy Chairman, Edo State Chapter, Pastor Kenneth Asekomhe, to chair a committee to reach out to Ighodalo’s camp to forge a common front for the PDP in the election.

“He is the chairman of the committee that I have set up to reach out to the Ighodalo group for us to have a discussion to see how we will go because it is only him that is not on board,” he said.

Shaibu also said he is working with the National Vice Chairman (South-South), Mr Dan Orbih.

“The leader of the legacy coalition is Dan Orbih. We are working together and that is why it is important that Ighodalo join the legacy coalition because the coalition is those that were in APC that moved to PDP to meet those that were already in PDP.

“Those that were in PDP that we met are the legacy. The coalition now is that we joined the old PDP moving together because we don’t want to hear new and old PDP and that is why we call it a legacy coalition,” Shaibu stated.

On whether the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) monitored the primary election that produced him, Shaibu spoke affirmatively without going into details.

“INEC and the party were there but I will not disclose a lot. If we don’t go to court, fine. But if we do go to court, all this information will be unveiled,” he added.
https://www.arise.tv/edo-guber-deputy-governor-shaibu-alleges-fresh-plot-to-impeach-him/?fbclid=IwAR1w0KhX-3VPMe0YthfeoH9Ou2sanpcuBm7FbxdbFs6POlS22d2JwDYMLpk

Nlfpmod mynd44

3 Likes

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Arobaga: 11:42am On Feb 25
lipsrsealed
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by DEXTROVERT: 12:01pm On Feb 25
K

Edo
No
Be
Lagos
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Truths9ja: 12:05pm On Feb 25
politicoNG:

https://www.arise.tv/edo-guber-deputy-governor-shaibu-alleges-fresh-plot-to-impeach-him/?fbclid=IwAR1w0KhX-3VPMe0YthfeoH9Ou2sanpcuBm7FbxdbFs6POlS22d2JwDYMLpk

Nlfpmod mynd44
you better embrace the reality and work tirelessly with the Pdp flagbearer in Edo State, Dr Asue Ighodalo. Besides the obaseki factions and orbih faction are already settled their issues before going to the primary last week Thursday. It’s left for Shaibu to join the winning team

1 Like

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by chiiraq802(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25
You've looted enough now.... so no biggie!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by AllTheWayUp: 12:32pm On Feb 25
grin grin grin
U don enter one chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Godoverevery: 1:03pm On Feb 25
Edo can never be lagos.

See the rubbish politicians some people almost killed themselves for 4yrs ago shouting "edo no be lagos"

We tell them they are the same but they will cry in there foolish one messiah is different.

1 Like

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Blackfire(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25
As if all this fight is about common man
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by okosodo: 1:14pm On Feb 25
Mumu
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by AsomStructures: 1:15pm On Feb 25
Before nko grin grin
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by U09ce: 1:15pm On Feb 25
Mod, why is the topic on FP closed for comments?

2 Likes

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:15pm On Feb 25
grin grin
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:16pm On Feb 25
We want to imleach you?
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by updatechange(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25
Fvck shaibu 🖕
Fvck tinubu 🖕
Fvck seun 🖕
Fvck Nigeria 🖕
Fvck the church 🖕
Fvck the mosque 🖕
Fvck school 🖕
Fvck me 🖕
Fvck you!!!🖕🖕
😏
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by tojahh(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25
Shebi you say you be king Kong.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Babangidapikin: 1:18pm On Feb 25
Abeg they should do a proper primary na ..even he didn't make the numbers in his parallel primary
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25
Primary election took place at your house and you want us to think you’re not a joke?

11 Likes

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by donpapa(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25
Dear Philip, you can’t eat your cake and have it nah. You should have thought of that before taking up your superiors
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Pristine664: 1:19pm On Feb 25
I understand the game Shuaibu is playing.

It's either they allow him to have the ticket or PDP loses out completely through the courts.

1 Like

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Pristine664: 1:20pm On Feb 25
Truths9ja:
you better embrace the reality and work tirelessly with the Pdp flagbearer in Edo State, Dr Asue Ighodalo. Besides the obaseki factions and orbih faction are already settled their issues before going to the primary last week Thursday. It’s left for Shaibu to join the winning team

Shuaibu is the rightful winner of Edo PDP primary
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by free2ryhme: 1:21pm On Feb 25
politicoNG:

Nlfpmod mynd44

Shuaibu should rest. The leadership of PDP has chosen its preferred candidate all noise is just waste of energy

1 Like

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by donpapa(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25
Pristine664:

He is the rightful winner of Edo PDP primary

In the primaries monitored by INEC and PDP NWC?
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Truths9ja: 1:22pm On Feb 25
Pristine664:

He is the rightful winner of Edo PDP primary
dr Asue Ighodalo is the rightful winner and the flagbearer of Pdp in Edo State. Shaibu is a clueless attention seeker

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Pristine664: 1:23pm On Feb 25
iLoveYouToo:
Primary election took place at your house and you want us to think you’re not a joke?

Did you watch his interview where he stated all the parastatals that were present including INEC and PDP NWC members?
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:23pm On Feb 25
Impeachment dis week loading...

cool
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by BigYash: 1:23pm On Feb 25
This battle big pass Shaibu. I see wen the comedian"I GO DIE" was advising him weeks ago.. He no wan still hear..
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Pristine664: 1:23pm On Feb 25
donpapa:

In the primaries monitored by INEC and PDP NWC?

He said that in his interview with Channels TV
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Truths9ja: 1:24pm On Feb 25
Barrister fergie001, what’s on the front page is different from the one in the politics section, kindly correct the errors. No one can comment on the one posted on the frontage
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 25
Okay
Re: There Is Plot To Impeach Me, Ighodalo Should Work With Me - Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu by Judolisco(m): 1:26pm On Feb 25
Then go to court now.... Impeachment isn't a crime... Go to court like u did before

(1) (2) (Reply)

Btw Yar'dua, Buhari, Orji kalu, Atiku. Who will you vote for? / War Against Drug Trafficking Total, Says Ndlea Boss. / Nigeria Blacklisted By Us? What About The British Suicide Bombers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.