Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu (18508 Views)

Bisi Egbeyemi: Fayemi Not Planning To Impeach Me / PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma / I Am Not Losing Sleep Over APC’s Plot To Impeach Me - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by AllTheWayUp: 12:30pm On Feb 25
Philip Shaibu, Edo deputy governor, has alleged a fresh plot to impeach him.

On Thursday, Shaibu was declared winner of a factional governorship primary election that reportedly held at his residence in Benin City, the state capital.

Asue Ighodalo was also announced winner of another PDP primary exercise which took place at the Samuel Ogbemudia stadium in Benin.

Speaking in Abuja on Saturday, Shaibu said his team revealed the alleged plot to impeach him over his ambition.

He, however, said he would not be deterred as contesting the Edo governorship election is his constitutional right.

“Even as we speak, my team has been calling me that, ‘Look at what these people are doing. They are saying they are going to impeach you, that you have gotten too far.’ They are threatening to impeach me,” he said.

“And I said, well, if fighting for my rights and all of us collectively fighting for our rights, which is in the constitution, can trigger impeachment, so be it because fighting for my rights and saying I must contest the election is my constitutional rights and cannot be taken by anybody.

“So, if constitutional right is why they will now trigger impeachment, the courts are there, they will interpret it.”

Shaibu added that Ighodalo does not have what it takes to win the September 21 governorship election in the state.

“If the party wants to win the election, they will not go for Ighodalo. If the party wants to win the election, the people have spoken, and they have spoken very loud and clearly,” he said.

“If people can stand bullets to say this is who we want, then the party should follow that direction.”

He added that a coalition called legacy coalition has been formed to encourage collaboration and support among members of the PDP.

He also said he has appointed Kenneth Asekomhe, a former Edo APC deputy chairman, to chair a committee to reach out to Ighodalo’s camp to forge a united front for the PDP in the election.

“He is the chairman of the committee that I have set up to reach out to the Ighodalo group for us to have a discussion to see how we will go because it is only him that is not on board,” Shaibu said.

“The leader of the legacy coalition is Dan Orbih. We are working together and that is why it is important that Ighodalo join the legacy coalition because the coalition is those that were in APC that moved to PDP to meet those that were already in PDP.

“Those that were in PDP that we met are the legacy. The coalition now is that we joined the old PDP moving together because we don’t want to hear new and old PDP and that is why we call it a legacy coalition.”

https://www.thecable.ng/shaibu-alleges-fresh-plot-to-impeach-him-says-contesting-edo-guber-my-constitutional-right/amp

4 Likes

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by 123yes(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25
Was the election in his house has the node of INEC if not it seems he was so desperate of becoming Edo state governor in an iligal way

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by Murf: 11:31pm On Feb 25
After denying you a placement in the election ballot them still wan impeach you, bros you need pay homage to the political gods ASAP else your political ambition is DOA!!!
Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 11:49pm On Feb 25
How many time dem dey impeach person sef....
Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by mannobi(m): 1:31am On Feb 26
Shaibu got served with his own dose. I really love the way he reaped what he sowed against his benefactor comrade but the way obaseki denigrated the office of a deputy governor like its a common councillor is too much abuse of power.
Obaseki will forever remain in the bad history book of edo people for all his incapacitated leadership defaults. He only came to edo to scam the people. What a wasted time achieving nothing than fighting Shaibu, oshomole, oba of Benin and many others only for him to be plotting to be another godfather

5 Likes

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by internationalman(m): 1:36am On Feb 26
This man can't even
Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by Opintiwa: 1:37am On Feb 26
Nigeriaaa1960:
How many time dem dey impeach person sef....

APC is a demonic party
Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by internationalman(m): 1:39am On Feb 26
This man can't even local government chairman election if he contested and he's thinking he has a chance at of becoming Edo State governor..

Only you were on power for 8 years and yet you want to continue.

Egbon Mugabe of Edo state

1 Like

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by Shadomaan7: 1:44am On Feb 26
APC, as a political party, will surely overcome this plot and emerge victorious in the upcoming Edo governorship election. No one can stand in the way of the peoples choice!

15 Likes

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by oyeb15: 2:30am On Feb 26
Democracy is not working

1 Like

Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by omowolewa: 2:56am On Feb 26
You have tried, resign and enjoy yourself.
Re: They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu by dangoteinlaw: 7:06am On Feb 26
This man is such a crybaby, always playing the victim card. Can't believe that once you and your Godfather are done divvying up the spoils, you have the audacity to come to the common people for help, even though they're out for your blood because of the billions you've stolen.

(1) (Reply)

Edo: 700 APC Members Defect To PDP / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Senate Orders Immediate Destruction, Increase Fines / 2023: PDP Governors In Deft Move Against Atiku, Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.