Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma (34071 Views)

They Want To Impeach Me - Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu / Bisi Egbeyemi: Fayemi Not Planning To Impeach Me / I Am Not Losing Sleep Over APC’s Plot To Impeach Me - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by ijustdey: 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
Imo Governor Hope Uzodinma has raised the alarm over a secret plan by the opposition’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to incite the members of the House of Assembly to initiate impeachment proceedings against him.

The Governor warned PDP members in the state to desist from false propaganda, mischief-making and malice against him or face the wrath of the law.

Uzodinma’s alarm and warning followed some media reports that the Federal Government has failed to make any comment on his alleged $ 12 m (N 4.3 bn) fraud case as well as the travel ban on him.

In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary/Media Adviser to him, Oguike Nwachukwu, Uzodinma accused the PDP of sponsoring the media report to incite the publuc and members of the state House of Assembly to impeach him.

“We know the game plan of the PDP because we are aware that they have been secretly inciting Imo State House of Assembly members to think of how to impeach the governor. So they are trying to rake up anything they can, even falsehood, to incite the public,” the statement reads.

The governor disclosed that he had already briefed his lawyers, who he said were studying the publication for appropriate legal action.
He said the media publication, which tried to raise dust about him on old allegations, had been long settled and dismissed as non issues.

The publication had claimed that the Presidency was keeping mum over allegations of non assets declaration, dud cheque and travel ban against the governor.

The statement accused the PDP members in the state of sponsoring the publication “even when they are aware that there is no iota of truth in the allegations”.

The statement added that the allegation was a sheer mischief and malice borne out of frustration because “they know very well that the assets declaration allegation was fallaciously contrived by the disgraced former Chairman of the Presidential Panel on Recovery of Public Properties, Mr. Okoi Obon-Obia which has been thrown out by the court”.

On the issue of the so-called travel ban on him, Uzodimma, clarified that he had travelled twice out of the country and had no impediment according to the demands of his office.

On the so-called dud cheque allegation, the statement added that it was a non issue which had long been dismissed by the courts and had nothing to do with the governor.

https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-secretly-inciting-imo-lawmakers-to-impeach-me-uzodinma/

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Racoon(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2020
Uzodinma should not resort to any panic attack mode but the question remains,is his failed and fraudulent billions of naira unexecuted Calabar River Dredging Contract allegation & case with the EFCC true or false? Absolutely true! Clean conscience fears no accusation.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Witchersunited: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
If the governor said this, he isn't smart, to Impeach someone there has to be evidence of a crime done while in office, stop stoking fear and unrest, you are governor enjoy your time and forget about all those crying wailers and rumors , you have executive authority.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Witchersunited: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2020
Racoon:
Uzodinma should not resort to any panic attack mode but the question remains, is the allegation true or false? Absolutely true!
can't even be impeached for a crime done before office, so I don't understand why he is bothered about the travel ban issue, doesn't he have a constitutional lawyer in his team to tell him all these, he is motivating wailers to wail more and giving them ideas

11 Likes

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by GamalNasser: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
They should if they know what they are doing ..Can you explain how you became governor without a single member of your party in the house? How is that even possible?

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by freeze001(f): 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hope Uzodinma should not be stupid right now, On what basis will he be impeached? He's barely one week in office so what he needs to do is get to work and acquit himself properly! If he gets involved in shady deals and gets impeached then he'll have only himself to blame, that's it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by WandaNara: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
If the governor said this, he isn't smart, to Impeach someone there has to be evidence of a crime done while in office, stop stoking fear and unrest, you are governor enjoy your time and forget about all those crying wailers and rumors , you have executive authority.

Who are you please? And why are you so dumb?

Please start using your head.

29 Likes

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Demolaeby: 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nothing will happened to our Governor. IMO State is strongly behind you. We are hopeful

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by LadyExcellency: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
can't even be impeached for a crime done before office, so I don't understand why he is bothered about the travel ban issue, doesn't he have a constitutional lawyer in his team to tell him all these, he is motivating wailers to wail more and giving them ideas

False assumption.

He can be impeached for any of those allegations stated above if proven beyond reasonable doubt notwithstanding being committed before he was selected Governor - Fact

A financial crime is a grievous offence.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
It is easier to impeach a President of Nigeria than a Governor especially if you are in the opposition...

Give it one Month, there would be change of Speakership in the Assembly and rest would become history...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
It is easier to impeach a President of Nigeria than a Governor especially if you are in the opposition...

[b]Give it one Month, there would be change of Speakership in the Assembly and rest would become history
...[/b]

All regions are not same... coupled with the fact not a single APC lawmaker in that assembly.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Esseite:

All regions are not same... coupled with the fact not a single APC lawmaker in that assembly.

So the 8 Members of AA are not of the APC, when Okorocha and His Inlaw had already crossed over to the APC?

Where would they sit to carry out the impeachment? grin

Who will provide Security for them? Ipob I guess?

Kids everywhere! grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by helinues: 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oga Hope it is too early for this
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by LabDNA: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2020
If you get impeached heaven will not fall. The supreme abracadadra that brought you into office was fraudulent and the most mind boggling judgement ever in the history of this country. Questions are still left unanswered.

Imo people and indeed discerning Nigerians are still shocked that a governor won an election (according to the supreme court) without a single a member of house of assembly elected on his party platform, with both elections held on the same day. Where in the world has that ever happened? Pure thievery!

The lawmakers should give you the boot, fast fast. Onye ohi!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by nonxo007(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2020
He who gets in fraudulently will be kicked out fraudulently. 4th is the new 1st

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by noblealuu: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oga keep quiet and get your ass on the saddle to work.

They can only impeach you if found culpable of impeachable offence(s).
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by petuniaevents(f): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
Na wa oo

We plan weddings. Cater for your Events. Rent decoration and party materials like party chairs/canopies/marquees/table clothes/mist fans /green carpet rugs call/whatsapp 07065574265
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Stallion93(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
grin just now now, Dem no want This man to Chop meat Use Orijin wash am down inside Government house.

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by NORSYK(m): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
The issue of embezzling over 4 billion Naira is it true or false?

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Racoon(m): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
So the 8 Members of AA are not of the APC, when Okorocha and His Inlaw had already crossed over to the APC? Where would they sit to carry out the impeachment? grin Who will provide Security for them? Ipob I guess? Kids everywhere
[/s]

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Gaddafiyusf(m): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
This IMO supreme Court judgement is really giving PDP sleepless nights as amoteku is to the north
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
Scam governor

They should impeach this scam supreme court overnight governor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by sevo(m): 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
Fear don dey catch this installed governor...the supreme court should also reduce drastically the numbers of PDP lawmakers in the state by doing their abracadabra and install more APC lawmakers...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Praktikals(m): 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2020
Kole werk undecided
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by orisa37: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
Openly you should be impeached.
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Hoodgod(m): 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-secretly-inciting-imo-lawmakers-to-impeach-me-uzodinma/
sir enjoy your reign never.panic,#pdp just on verbal clause without actions
Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by northvietnam(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
Lol ... na mbaka go save you

1 Like

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by bluecircle470: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Racoon:
Uzodinma should not resort to any panic attack mode but the question remains, is the Uzodinma failed and fraudulent billions of naira unexecuted Calabar River Dredging contract allegation true or false? Absolutely true! Clean conscience fears no accusation.

PDP RAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Secretly Inciting Imo Lawmakers To Impeach Me- Uzodinma by Patrioticman007(m): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
What a Telemundo we are watching, titled "Curse of Wailer's"
Casts.
1. Good guy- Hope aka Mr Governor
2. Henchman - Uche secondus
3.Bad guy- Nnamdi KANU
4. Lover babe- Deziani Alison
5.Comedian- Atiku Abubakar
6. Stunt man- Adams Oshomole
7. Man of god- Father Mbaka
8. Voodoo man- OBJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Bomb Explosion In Kogi Office, It Was A Plastic Bottle & Insecticide (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu: Nigeria Court Can't Try Me / Rivers: Labour Party Adopts PDP Guber Candidate, Fubara For March 11 Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.