Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. (1369 Views)

A 5-year-old Boy Stopped By Police While Driving To Buy Lamborghini With $3 / Buying A Car For Taxify, Any Advice? / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by itsmolep(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25
I’ll be driving to kaduna later this week. It’s my first time driving this long journey in a stretch, and my first time driving to kaduna from Lagos.

Any tips for a smooth journey??

Taking my car to the workshop tomorrow for servicing (engine oil change, brake pad checks and other little things). spare tyre, fire extinguisher and jack intact.

What else should i take care of, I don’t want my car to give any issues on the road. It’s a Camry XLE 2007.

Experienced drivers in house
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by ojorich(m): 10:53pm On Feb 25
Can I join, heading to Abuja
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Sirmwill: 10:56pm On Feb 25
Download the latest Dunsin Oyekan, Nathaniel Bassey and some Mercy Chinwo songs and maybe add a few Maverick city's songs.
Then one or two Miles Munroe sermons...
Play them throughout the journey

You'd be fine 😁

10 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by aieromon(m): 11:31pm On Feb 25
itsmolep:

1. Hit the Lagos Ibadan expressway as early as possible.

2. Prepare to pass the night in Madalla anything after 8pm. There are military outstations along the expressway from Jere but I don't know how effective they patrol after 6pm.

Goodluck and safe journey.

2 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Sabiwellwell: 11:38pm On Feb 25
ojorich:

Shuuuu Nawa o

You no even fear for your life.

2 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Chicagograduate(m): 3:29am On Feb 26
Fulani bandits
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Depriest2020: 9:43am On Feb 26
Why Drive? Why not flight or Luxurious Bus, that's like 13hrs+ journey. Anyway from Abuja to Kaduna is much safer now, our Army and police are doing a great job there. Just make sure your paperwork are up to date. Safe trip.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Depriest2020: 9:44am On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
Fulani bandits
Army don deal with them.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by RoadMozart(m): 3:46pm On Feb 26
After preparing your car, prepare your playlist then prepare yourself. Rest well before takeoff, pray and be careful. Take at least 30 mins break when you reach lokoja to Check fluids levels and the likes. God go with you

5 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by eteebanky1: 9:23pm On Feb 26
If you're not relocating, I'll advice you not to stress your car

Luxury bus is the way to Go, it's even cheaper compared to risking your vehicle on those bad federal roads + petrol cost

But if na relocating stuff, safe journey oooo

Just be careful.....Fulani bandits, kidnappers no get joy

4 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by itsmolep(m): 7:36am On Feb 27
ojorich:

You no dey fear? 🌚
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by itsmolep(m): 7:45am On Feb 27
eteebanky1:
If you're not relocating, I'll advice you not to stress your car

Luxury bus is the way to Go, it's even cheaper compared to risking your vehicle on those bad federal roads + petrol cost

But if na relocating stuff, safe journey oooo

Just be careful.....Fulani bandits, kidnappers no get joy

I stay in kaduna and my car has been in Lagos for the past 6 months, no one drives it,Can’t sell it either, na useless price them dey offer. That’s why i decided to take it back to kaduna with me.

Depriest2020:
Why Drive? Why not flight or Luxurious Bus, that's like 13hrs+ journey. Anyway from Abuja to Kaduna is much safer now, our Army and police are doing a great job there. Just make sure your paperwork are up to date. Safe trip.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by ojorich(m): 7:54am On Feb 27
itsmolep:

You no dey fear? 🌚

You d fear?
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by fineboynl(m): 5:59pm On Feb 27
itsmolep:

I stay in kaduna and my car has been in Lagos for the past 6 months, no one drives it,Can’t sell it either, na useless price them dey offer. That’s why i decided to take it back to kaduna with me.

how much was the bid and how much did you plan selling it.

Highway don't consume fuel. If you doesn't have history of overheating or shorting fluid you got no problem otherwise put Ur eyes on the dashboard every 20 mins.

Security? The north is insecure for the past years na. But the recent kidnapping are attacking computer bus.

Avoid night. Any place night meet you just sleep there.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Arafat1: 8:22pm On Feb 27
itsmolep:
I’ll be driving to kaduna later this week. It’s my first time driving this long journey in a stretch, and my first time driving to kaduna from Lagos.

Taking my car to the workshop tomorrow for servicing (engine oil change, brake pad checks and other little things). spare tyre, fire extinguisher and jack intact.

What else should i take care of, I don’t want my car to give any issues on the road. It’s a Camry XLE 2007.

Sha no go use inexperience kill yourself and others for highway... That sort of long distance driving is unforgiving.. Any small mistake, na wake keep o..

Since it's your first time, break the journey into four-hour drives.. Every four hours, park, rest and advise yourself on how you can improve on your driving...

Also, no follow Agofure Hummer buses or any other transporter drag road..... Those ones know the road extremely well and you don't... They will joylesly lead you into a pothole that can separate your engine from your car if you don't respect yourself around them...That's if dem don lead you under Dangote or Ibeto truck.

That your model of Camry is notorious for shorting oil, unless yours is the v6 version.. Keep an eye on the dash to avoid Alfa Taofeek dropping your engine at Owo.

Lastly, if you are epileptic or have ever fainted under stress, don't do that long drive because those long drives tend to trigger such conditions.. make epilepsy or faint no go catch you as you dey do 140 for Okene-Lokoja... Don't put other innocent travelers at risk

4 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Chingyyy878: 11:27pm On Feb 27
Arafat1:

Sha no go use inexperience kill yourself and others for highway... That sort of long distance driving is unforgiving.. Any small mistake, na wake keep o..

Since it's your first time, break the journey into four-hour drives.. Every four hours, park, rest and advise yourself on how you can improve on your driving...

Also, no follow Agofure Hummer buses or any other transporter drag road..... Those ones know the road extremely well and you don't... They will joylesly lead you into a pothole that can separate your engine from your car if you don't respect yourself around them...That's if dem don lead you under Dangote or Ibeto truck.

That your model of Camry is notorious for shorting oil, unless yours is the v6 version.. Keep an eye on the dash to avoid Alfa Taofeek dropping your engine at Owo.

Lastly, if you are epileptic or have ever fainted under stress, don't do that long drive because those long drives tend to trigger such conditions.. make epilepsy or faint no go catch you as you dey do 140 for Okene-Lokoja... Don't put other innocent travelers at risk

😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34am On Feb 28
itsmolep:

Ah! You have to break that journey ooo. Its very long so cool it down in a hotel and finish the next day. That is how to make travel sweet and fun and safe.

1 Like

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:39am On Feb 28
Arafat1:

Agofure no dey dat side na gwuo (Guo. grin) and chisco and gig and.sienna dey. Very very badt guys.

1 Like

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Arafat1: 7:10am On Feb 28
Dtruthspeaker:

Agofure no dey dat side na gwuo (Guo. grin) and chisco and gig and.sienna dey. Very very badt guys.

Agofure dey Abuja and even loads in Kaduna once in a while

I have seen them countless times on Okene-Lokoja Express and even inside Abuja
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22am On Feb 28
Arafat1:

Agofure dey Abuja and even loads in Kaduna once in a while

I have seen them countless times on Okene-Lokoja Express and even inside Abuja

i know but dey no many unlike PH to lagos road.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Elsueno: 8:37am On Feb 28
nothing much, long journeys are even easier than city driving sef.

My simple advice is to make sure that traffic is coming from d other side especially in areas likely prone to unrest. As U dey drive & U no see any car coming from d other side for a while, then problem dey....jejely reverse to d nearest safest area till coast is clear

5 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by fineboynl(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28
Dtruthspeaker:

Ah! You have to break that journey ooo. Its very long so cool it down in a hotel and finish the next day. That is how to make travel sweet and fun and safe.
lol. Na one week journey be that oh I can't do 200k in one sitting. I get tired easily and I like to relax and have fun. I will do that journey one week or 4 3-4 days
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:18pm On Feb 28
fineboynl:
lol. Na one week journey be that oh I can't do 200k in one sitting. I get tired easily and I like to relax and have fun. I will do that journey one week or 4 3-4 days

One week? ah its not Lagos to London. But anyway, its good to know yourself, so that you can drive safely.

For me I can drive from morning to evening even with stops of course for the 2 fuels of car and person or persons. But after day drive, night time drive is a terrble thing to do so i must reach my destination before nightime and any destination that cannot be reached in the day, is postponed to the next.

1 Like

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Feb 28
Elsueno:
nothing much, long journeys are even easier than city driving sef.

My simple advice is to make sure that traffic is coming from d other side especially in areas likely prone to unrest. As U dey drive & U no see any car coming from d other side for a while, then problem dey....jejely reverse to d nearest safest area till coast is clear

Hmm good advice.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Kasdat5(m): 6:14am On Feb 29
Tag along let's hit the road together .

1 Like

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by fineboynl(m): 7:26am On Feb 29
Dtruthspeaker:

One week? ah its not Lagos to London. But anyway, its good to know yourself, so that you can drive safely.

For me I can drive from morning to evening even with stops of course for the 2 fuels of car and person or persons. But after day drive, night time drive is a terrble thing to do so i must reach my destination before nightime and any destination that cannot be reached in the day, is postponed to the next.
not that I can't drive morning till evening. If I want to. But I wouldn't want to put myself in stress or on that type of condition. Most Nigerian roads are not good and your mind needs to be on it. Night driving count me out although I have done it before but it was not pleasant
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:18am On Feb 29
fineboynl:
not that I can't drive money till evening. If I want to. But I wouldn't want to put myself in stree or on that type of condition. Most Nigerian roads are not good and your mind needs to be on it. Night driving count me out although I have done it before but it was not pleasant

You are in perfect order. Driving and traveling is supposed to be sweet.and joyfull, and i so enjoy it that i dont get to 120kph for the first 4 to 6 hours as i.take in the sights and sounds especially these days that my travel by road has greatly reduced to once a year. So the longer the journey, the more happy i am,

But to drive at night, I would not like it even thougb it is thrillingly sweet ehn but life is thrillingly sweet enough so i can avoid this one.

1 Like

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by fineboynl(m): 3:41pm On Feb 29
Dtruthspeaker:

You are in perfect order. Driving and traveling is supposed to be sweet.and joyfull, and i so enjoy it that i dont get to 120kph for the first 4 to 6 hours as i.take in the sights and sounds especially these days that my travel by road has greatly reduced to once a year. So the longer the journey, the more happy i am,

But to drive at night, I would not like it even thougb it is thrillingly sweet ehn but life is thrillingly sweet enough so i can avoid this one.

yes the last time I travel. My eyes was on the road. You know that kind speed na. If you didn't sight a pot hole or barrier on time. Imagine the kind brake or issues that will arises from impact.

My eyes was on the road and with careless drivers and big big motor join with the bad road. Oboy.

A place like America if you are doing inter state you will be so relaxd and be firing the car. But Nigeria roads have to be careful
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42pm On Feb 29
fineboynl:
yes the last time I travel. My eyes was on the road. You know that kind speed na. If you didn't sight a pot hole or barrier on time. Imagine the kind brake or issues that will arises from impact.

My eyes was on the road and with careless drivers and big big motor join with the bad road. Oboy.

A place like America if you are doing inter state you will be so relaxd and be firing the car. But Nigeria roads have to be careful

i don't like America roads, its worse than Naija own. Naija is better because now you know that you are driving because driving is supposed to include calculation and dodging of portholes and the different road sounds and smell eg new road where your ears block and you dont hear any sound because d road.is too smooth, then it suddenly ends in gravel road, then Porthole dodging like Ore to Sagamu road while you are trying to see if other drivers entered the potholes. And the different nusic the road throws. Ah, it always puts a smile on my face.

Unlike the East west road that long area that is so smooth, it made me sleep and that is where i liked the checkpoint sef. Roads should not always be smooth it makes driving boring and sleepy.
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by udemzyudex(m): 7:22am On Mar 01
Dtruthspeaker:

i don't like America roads, its worse than Naija own. Naija is better because now you know that you are driving because driving is supposed to include calculation and dodging of portholes and the different road sounds and smell eg new road where your ears block and you dont hear any sound because d road.is too smooth, then it suddenly ends in gravel road, then Porthole dodging like Ore to Sagamu road while you are trying to see if other drivers entered the potholes. And the different nusic the road throws. Ah, it always puts a smile on my face.

Unlike the East west road that long area that is so smooth, it made me sleep and that is where i liked the checkpoint sef. Roads should not always be smooth it makes driving boring and sleepy.

Na wa ooo, wetin some Nigerians really want sef?

4 Likes

Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34am On Mar 01
udemzyudex:

Na wa ooo, wetin some Nigerians really want sef?

grin Good.nigerian roads expressway. Semi American roads for city
Re: Driving To The Kaduna For The First Time, Any Advice?. by itsmolep(m): 5:51am On Mar 06
itsmolep:

Got to Kaduna safely. grin

Thanks everyone

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Article On When Ur Car Do Hard Starting / Misfiring Loss Of Engine Power / My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever / Toyota Engine Oil In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.