Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja (28930 Views)

See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The 2 Chickens I Bought For N10,500 At Omida Market, Abeokuta Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by brunobaba(m): 9:21am On Feb 26
blowjohn:
Why the name of the wine sound cultist? Be like some wierd slang cultists use
Valhalla
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 9:21am On Feb 26
BrutusOj:
Did you think of how the seller will re-stock after selling at the old price? Where will he/she get the money to buy at the current price?

What is this one saying? As a business man, there is a difference between old and new stocks. Therein lies your answer.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by mrvitalis(m): 9:22am On Feb 26
vastolord4:
Baron we used to buy for 800 back in 2010
800 back in 2010 was $5 plus

5000 today is mere $3 plus

So you see it's cheaper right now

2 Likes

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 9:23am On Feb 26
Henrick007:
the retailers need to sell at the new rate, or will you sell a Corolla car you purchased for 1.5m few years ago at same rate in 2024?

How many people can afford to buy corolla car on a daily basis? We are talking about daily consumables and how retailers are exploiting people, and you decided to come up with something that doesn't correlate.

2 Likes

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by rafcrown(m): 9:23am On Feb 26
You are still drinking wine?

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Lovestrong(m): 9:25am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:
This na hotel price back den, if u know, u no.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 9:28am On Feb 26
We4all:
Retailers are the ones exploiting people. They keep making calls up and down to set a new rate for prices of old stocks. That wine must have been produced over a year ago, so hiking the price is senseless.

They have to buy new stock eventually, whose prices have gone up

So, make enough profit which means raising prices now, or lose too much money

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by BrutusOj(m): 9:28am On Feb 26
We4all:

What is this one saying? As a business man, there is a difference between old and new stocks. Therein lies your answer.
You need serious lecture on basic business tips.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Lisa290: 9:33am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:
This drink use to be ₦2500. But, at Abuja yesterday, I got it for ₦5k!
Omo, Nigeria is going places ooo.

Please be very careful. There are a lot of imitation of this drink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by seunayantokun(m): 9:33am On Feb 26
It isn't essential.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Lomprico2: 9:39am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:

And na fake you con buy join grin

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 9:39am On Feb 26
We4all:

Okay, make we dey explain am for you.

Let's say I bought wine from wholesaler at 2000 a bottle to sell at 2200 a bottle.Lets assume also that I own a shop that sells assorted drinks

In the meantime, as the old stock is going, the wholesaler tells me that due to devaluation of the naira, price of a bottle of wine has gone up to 3000 wholesale.

Meanwhile my other suppliers are saying the same thing. That the wholesale prices have gone up

What do I do? Sell old stock at the old rate and not have enough money to buy new stock, or raise my prices now, maybe not have quite enough cash, but not as bad as if I sold my old stock at original price.

If you watch ait news, a businessman explained it clearly on air last week in a report .
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Maliqcious: 9:43am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:

You don dey drink tey tey ooo.
750 from my end to
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Fryx: 9:47am On Feb 26
We4all:
Retailers are the ones exploiting people. They keep making calls up and down to set a new rate for prices of old stocks. That wine must have been produced over a year ago, so hiking the price is senseless.

It’s not senseless. I am not a trader but I know it will be foolish to buy goods for ₦ 10. Sell it for ₦ 15 and go to the market to buy new goods for ₦ 50. Where will you see the capital?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nkpommpko(m): 9:50am On Feb 26
Wine! You are still enjoying. this Indomie is 300 Naira and dey reduced the size 70grams.

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by yeshuasfootstep(m): 9:54am On Feb 26
We4all:

That call is very important.
Without it, the person will not stock up again and be out of business.

I sold a brand of 1 litre oil for #2200, when I go to restock; it's being sold for ₦2500.

So please, leave retailers out of this, what is happening is beyond their control.Thanks

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by toujurs: 9:54am On Feb 26
You guys are drinking poison, and thinking you are enjoying.

2 Likes

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Bluntemperor: 9:57am On Feb 26
rafcrown:
You are still drinking wine?

Ask them o!
Is Wine not a Luxury?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by engrjacuzzi: 9:59am On Feb 26
It was at a point one of the cheapest drink back in 2023. I still bought it #1650 late 2022 and by early 2023, the price became #2150. The last time I visited the mall, I got it for #4890.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by jeromestarks: 10:01am On Feb 26
Jewessgratitud3:

See question.

You'll be shocked say e fit be here they produce that wine
Blood of Nebuchadnezzar!
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by BIODAVY(m): 10:02am On Feb 26
Buy palm wine. Wine na wine

jeromestarks:

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by jeromestarks: 10:02am On Feb 26
toujurs:
You guys are drinking poison, and thinking you are enjoying.
You're a chicken. Such good drink for us then.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by spencekat(m): 10:05am On Feb 26
mrvitalis:

800 back in 2010 was $5 plus

5000 today is mere $3 plus

So you see it's cheaper right now
Is dollar our currency?
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 10:07am On Feb 26
spencekat:
Is dollar our currency?

He's just giving an idea of value, using the dollar
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by mrvitalis(m): 10:07am On Feb 26
spencekat:
Is dollar our currency?
Is the wine paid for in naira?
Do you produce wine?

Some of you ask questions that makes zero sense

Carry your naira go to Italy to buy Baron na

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by jeromestarks: 10:15am On Feb 26
Jewessgratitud3:
Na wine be your own problem. cheesy.
Well me feel you can do without this cos it has no nutritional value that if you don't drink your body will be deficient of. It only makes your heart Merry.

Sharap!
How long do you have to live that you're worrying about nutrients?
Oga enjoy the flavour and rest.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by jeromestarks: 10:17am On Feb 26
Timmi:

It must be Okrika brewed to be 5k, you better don't drink it because it might be poison.
Suggest good wine for me.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Thomthom(m): 10:19am On Feb 26
vastolord4:
Baron we used to buy for 800 back in 2010
Thank u.. you red my mind.. 800 naira even a day to Christmas na 800.. what now happened

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Hamature(m): 10:20am On Feb 26
Wine that used to be 450 Naira back then in 2013/14
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:20am On Feb 26
Wen i stil have a cartoon of the original wine here!

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by NaBanga: 10:21am On Feb 26
I think you know the wine is not authentic. It obviously can't be brought into the country and sold at such a price. Making wine at home is not expensive and you can tailor it to your taste, after you get more experience. Please do not risk your life on this cheap substance again.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Bluearrow: 10:31am On Feb 26
We4all:
I used to reason like this before, till i put my self in their shoes. If they don't increase their stock, where will they get money to restock at high price? If new price is selling for 5k & they are still selling 2500, where will they get the remaining 2500 to restock? You want them to start running at a loss? What about other things they get to survive that have increased? Pure water in my area is now 6h going to 1k per bag, u expect people not to add price to their goods?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes / Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.