Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,684 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja (28935 Views)

See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The 2 Chickens I Bought For N10,500 At Omida Market, Abeokuta Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by tctrills: 10:31am On Feb 26
We4all:
Retailers are the ones exploiting people. They keep making calls up and down to set a new rate for prices of old stocks. That wine must have been produced over a year ago, so hiking the price is senseless.
You clearly do not have a business and you don't know how to run one. So let's assume it was bought a year ago for 2000 so you decide to sell it at 2500 and make a profit of 500, only to go to the market to restock and it's now 3000. Don't you see that it is a big loss?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by AviatorMoney(m): 10:34am On Feb 26
Jewessgratitud3:

And also damages the liver and brain in the long run. Think about this too.
You have been wrongly informed Mr /Mrs.
Wine does NOTHING at all of wat u mentioned.
Do ur research again plz.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Calitoscassius(m): 10:36am On Feb 26
Naybahood:

Dem don dey reduce the quantity bro !
I tell you! weed of 500 naira no reach half Rizzla again.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Calitoscassius(m): 10:36am On Feb 26
AviatorMoney:

Don't mind the ignoramus. grin
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Jewessgratitud3: 10:37am On Feb 26
AviatorMoney:

That is what they always say. Im not doing any research on what I already know. You can go ahead and do the research.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Henrick007: 10:39am On Feb 26
We4all:

How many people can afford to buy corolla car on a daily basis? We are talking about daily consumables and how retailers are exploiting people, and you decided to come up with something that doesn't correlate.
are you saying the retailer should sell the baron for 2k5?, Where will he get the additional money to restock after selling the old stocks?

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Calitoscassius(m): 10:42am On Feb 26
Jewessgratitud3:

And also damages the liver and brain in the long run. Think about this too.
Where did you get this ignorant rubbish information from. grin

I have being drinking red wine since i was 8 years old, my extended family are Italians many children at young ages share wines with their parents during dinner, children are allowed a tiny short of wine atleast 3 times a week.

Wine are made out of fermented grapes fruits, apples or cherries, you can make.your own wine at home try it, by fermenting grapes or apples..
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 10:42am On Feb 26
tctrills:

You clearly do not have a business and you don't know how to run one. So let's assume it was bought a year ago for 2000 so you decide to sell it at 2500 and make a profit of 500, only to go to the market to restock and it's now 3000. Don't you see that it is a big loss?

Shut it if you don't have a valid point. Why should a smart business restock if sales are not moving? Ain't you supposed to sell, calculate PNL before purchasing new stocks? Why should you sell an old stock for the price of new? You are one of the problems in this country.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 10:44am On Feb 26
Henrick007:
are you saying the retailer should sell the baron for 2k5?, Where will he get the additional money to restock after selling the old stocks?

So consumers are supposed to now provide traders money for their businesses? What happened to their initial capital?
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Calitoscassius(m): 10:46am On Feb 26
We4all:

Shut it if you don't have a valid point. Why should a smart business restock if sales are not moving? Ain't you supposed to sell, calculate PNL before purchasing new stocks? Why should you sell an old stock for the price of new? You are one of the problems in this country.
This is the problem with Naigeerians, people who bought their stock of cements at the cost prices of 3000 naira are now selling them at the retail prices of 12000, in their heads they believe it is good business
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Paraman: 10:46am On Feb 26
Depriest2020:
The only thing wey never add money na Weed.
Weed don small o. E no plenty cause of the way NDLEA dey burst

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Henrick007: 10:49am On Feb 26
We4all:

So consumers are supposed to now provide traders money for their businesses? What happened to their initial capital?
you don't understand business and nothing will change the way you reason except you learn at loss, that's if you are into buying and selling business...have a nice day

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 10:52am On Feb 26
Bluearrow:

I used to reason like this before, till i put my self in their shoes. If they don't increase their stock, where will they get money to restock at high price? If new price is selling for 5k & they are still selling 2500, where will they get the remaining 2500 to restock? You want them to start running at a loss? What about other things they get to survive that have increased? Pure water in my area is now 6h going to 1k per bag, u expect people not to add price to their goods?

There is something we call 'initial capital', and then your profits. No matter the increase in price, traders hardly incur losses because the margins in price differences are usually very slim and will not affect their capital.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by worksmart(m): 10:54am On Feb 26
Dollar equivalent is about $2
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Jewessgratitud3: 10:54am On Feb 26
Calitoscassius:
Where did you get this ignorant rubbish information from. grin

I have being drinking red wine since i was 8 years old, my extended family are Italians many children at young ages share wines with their parents during dinner, children are allowed a tiny short of wine atleast 3 times a week.

Wine are made out of fermented grapes fruits, apples or cherries, you can make.your own wine at home try it, by fermenting grapes or apples..

Are we talking about fruit wine here abi you no go school? Im talking about the alcoholic wine in the op you're talking about fruit wine.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 10:56am On Feb 26
yeshuasfootstep:

That call is very important.
Without it, the person will not stock up again and be out of business.

I sold a brand of 1 litre oil for #2200, when I go to restock; it's being sold for ₦2500.

So please, leave retailers out of this, what is happening is beyond their control.Thanks

No retailer will be out of business if they sell old stocks at old rates before restocking. That is why they have their 'initial capital' It is greed that is making them act that way.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by jeromestarks: 10:59am On Feb 26
valentineuwakwe:
Wen i stil have a cartoon of the original wine here!
Waiting be the difference with the one wey I buy?
I will slap you.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:01am On Feb 26
THESE ARE THE NONSENSE THINGS YOU PEOPLE IMPORT WITH OUR DOLLARS.
WE HAVE LOCALLY PRODUCED WINES,WHY IS GOVT STILL USING OUR DOLLARS MEANS FOR FOOD AND HEALTH MATERIALS TO IMPORT NONSENSE WINES,NONSENSE UPHOLSTARIES,NONSENSE DUBAI FABRICS AND ACCESSORIES? NLC SHOULD FOCUS ON THIS PRACTICAL THINGS TO SOLVE NAIJA PROBLEM.
POLICE THE GOVT IMPORTS APPROVAKS TO REGULATE FORM MS AND DUTY TARIFFS,LET THERE BE SANITY IN IMPORTS AND NAIRA WILL STRENGTHEN. angry
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 11:01am On Feb 26
We4all:

No retailer will be out of business if they sell old stocks at old rates before restocking. That is why they have their 'initial capital' It is greed that is making them act that way.
Initial capital is what they use to set up the business. It is not eternal money that they have in case of emergency

In some instances, it is a loan that is the initial capital.

So, if oga does not do periodic increases to not only pay new wholesale prices, but the loan he or she took to get intial capital, he would lose money.

It's tough, but that is business

Plus with the way inflation is going, they have to increase prices anyway.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by dhoncesar(m): 11:05am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:

There's fake?

Fake plenty pass pure water 😀
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by spencekat(m): 11:05am On Feb 26
nairalanda1:

He's just giving an idea of value, using the dollar
All this' it is just this dollar, that dollar,'is bullshit.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 11:07am On Feb 26
We4all:
Retailers are the ones exploiting people. They keep making calls up and down to set a new rate for prices of old stocks. That wine must have been produced over a year ago, so hiking the price is senseless.

Producers are the ones setting new prices due to the vacillating exchange rate which consequently trickles down to retailers.

If you as a retailer sell off your old stock at Father-Christmas prices, when you go to restock and hear the prevailing company prices, body go tell you.

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by chukwuoke(m): 11:07am On Feb 26
jeromestarks:
This drink use to be ₦2500. But, at Abuja yesterday, I got it for ₦5k!
Omo, Nigeria is going places ooo.

Una they produce wine,na everything person go carry post here?
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by ufotunang: 11:09am On Feb 26
Depriest2020:
The only thing wey never add money na Weed.
...and recharge card never add money...the least price is still 100 naira

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 11:10am On Feb 26
Bluearrow:

I used to reason like this before, till i put my self in their shoes. If they don't increase their stock, where will they get money to restock at high price? If new price is selling for 5k & they are still selling 2500, where will they get the remaining 2500 to restock? You want them to start running at a loss? What about other things they get to survive that have increased? Pure water in my area is now 6h going to 1k per bag, u expect people not to add price to their goods?

Of course you ain't a trader and don't know how these things work. Traders buy at 'wholesale rates' and not per item, so your analogy doesn't count. Let's assume a trader buys a cartoon of salt for 5K to sell at a retail price of 80#, with the estimate of making 700# profit per cartoon.

Then he hears that a cartoon of salt now sells for 5,100. Tell me how such a trader will lose all his initial capital suddenly because he decided to sell at the old rate of 80#?
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by tctrills: 11:12am On Feb 26
We4all:

Being rude and writing good English does not sell market. You will learn.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by blowjohn(m): 11:13am On Feb 26
brunobaba:

Valhalla

Lol ha hahaha... I no fit type that kind word but that's the word.

😂

1 Like

Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by We4all: 11:16am On Feb 26
nairalanda1:

Okay, make we dey explain am for you.

Let's say I bought wine from wholesaler at 2000 a bottle to sell at 2200 a bottle.Lets assume also that I own a shop that sells assorted drinks

In the meantime, as the old stock is going, the wholesaler tells me that due to devaluation of the naira, price of a bottle of wine has gone up to 3000 wholesale.

Meanwhile my other suppliers are saying the same thing. That the wholesale prices have gone up

What do I do? Sell old stock at the old rate and not have enough money to buy new stock, or raise my prices now, maybe not have quite enough cash, but not as bad as if I sold my old stock at original price.

If you watch ait news, a businessman explained it clearly on air last week in a report .

Firstly, retailers don't get charged per item, but in bulk so your analogy is off point.

Secondly, just because a cartoon of wine increases by 300, it will not make a retailer lose his capital because he decides to sell at the old rate. It is greed that will finish Nigerians, so stop justifying nonsense.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Aesthetical: 11:16am On Feb 26
cezarman:

I dey tell you my bro grin grin

Maybe them want me to just quit finally cheesy
my plug loud try eh so I no fit complain. Three tie I don balance for the day
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by nairalanda1(m): 11:18am On Feb 26
We4all:

Firstly, retailers don't get charged per item, but in bulk so your analogy is off point.

Secondly, just because a cartoon of wine increases by 300, it will not make a retailer lose his capital because he decides to sell at the old rate. It is greed that will finish Nigerians, so stop justifying nonsense.

Bulk or no, prices are going up.

Plus intial capital is what a business uses to set up. It is not money that lasts forever, as you seem to.assume.
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Bluearrow: 11:22am On Feb 26
We4all:

Of course you ain't a trader and don't know how these things work. Traders buy at 'wholesale rates' and not per item, so your analogy doesn't count. Let's assume a trader buys a cartoon of salt for 5K to sell at a retail price of 80#, with the estimate of making 700# profit per cartoon.

Then he hears that a cartoon of salt now sells for 5,100. Tell me how such a trader will lose all his initial capital suddenly because he decided to sell at the old rate of 80#?
You must be very f00lish!
You quoted me before & I ignored, now u are quoting me again with this nonsense?? Have u also donated your brain to APC? I just told u a bag of water increased from 250 naira to 600 naira in my area, u are citing example with 5000 to 5100 increase? If things increase at such rate, do u think people will even complain? Fuel price increased with more than 100%, from 195 to 550, so is every other product. If a product increase from 5000 to 10000, how will the trader restock?? Nothing has increased with less than 100% so far & u are are quoting me with 5000 to 5100 increase? You must be very daft!
Re: See Wine I Bought For ₦5000 In Abuja by Henrick007: 11:30am On Feb 26
Bluearrow:

You must be very f00lish!
You quoted me before & I ignored, now u are quoting me again with this nonsense?? Have u also donated your brain to APC? I just told u a bag of water increased from 250 naira to 600 naira in my area, u are citing example with 5000 to 5100 increase? If things increase at such rate, do u think people will even complain? Fuel price increased with more than 100%, from 195 to 550, so is every other product. If a product increase from 5000 to 10000, how will the trader restock?? Nothing has increased with less than 100% so far & u are are quoting me with 5000 to 5100 increase? You must be very daft!
make una leave that guy alone, he gon learn the hard way

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes / Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.