Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo (23922 Views)

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday / Man Rains Money On His Pastor In Church (Photos, Video) / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Beverlyjean(f): 12:26pm On Feb 26
helpee:
How many days did they use to close their branches?

U really don't reason properly...why would they shut down their business?? Did anyone complain about the church being open for service ?? Did anyone talk about the church to suspend service because of his death.... I really don't know if some of u have existing IQ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Judolisco(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26
oldguyman:
I have a very good friend of mine who always warned me to be selfish, self centered and face myself at least 98% before considering anyone else. I used to laugh at him and tell him how selfish he is. I later found out he is 100% right and I have been stupid thinking that on rainy days I will see someone from people I am throwing money at to come to my rescue. I was madly ashamed of myself for not listening to my friend but now I have learnt my lesson.

bros I get your point oh...I gave to so many friends, infact I do promise them that they should call me at d end of d month that I'll settle them after collecting my salary.... I had a little challenge after losing my job, money was not coming like it use to again... I called many of them, even those that I've left d country, not because I've helped them in one way or another before, but because I genuinely needed help... None of them turned up oh.... But because of dis experience I won't stop giving when I've got, I'll jst increase d way I save money..... D hands of the giver is always on top bro

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by laluski(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26
Okwyjesus:

The action of the Pastor's wife is wrong BUT let's be constructive in our criticism.

1. The woman's attitude is not of RCCG. It's not part of our core values of Holiness, Accountability Resourcefulness and Sacrifice.
She is just on her own and am sure the mission authority is not happy with the development.

2. Women can be self willed and stiff necked at times. Am even thinking the husband may not have supported her action. But for peace to reign..

In fact You've said the wisest thing here so far.. Honestly.... You deserve DJ CUPPY as your wife
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Okwyjesus(m): 12:48pm On Feb 26
laluski:

In fact You've said the wisest thing here so far.. Honestly.... You deserve DJ CUPPY as your wife

Thank you for the offer.

But l already have one beautiful wife already and am very okay with her cheesy

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by fareed69(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26
ppogba:

You did not disprove any of the points I raised.

Nobody is saying they should not move on because a member died.

The argument is that they should have been considerate, humane and be African because a BENEFACTOR died.

Did Wigwe did that for them or for God ?
To me he did it for God.
Is the Church not a house of God.
Bro we don't need to flog this thing any longer.
As far as am concerned there are many RCCG churches scattered all over the world.
Why this story is coming up was that he's worshipping there. Other RCCG churches are doing celebration even up till now.
Consideration you are talking about I don't understand.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by ppogba: 12:54pm On Feb 26
MyVILLAGEpeople:

The truth is most women control the home while the men are just figure head. You need to see in some occasions where the wife tells her husband to shut up and listen to her. Asin controlling the husband like remote. Most times the men even beg for sex lol

You are right
Some are just males wearing trousers just for the sake of it.

Most importantly, some are worried by " your Village people".
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by InvertedHammer: 12:58pm On Feb 26
/
Why blame the pastor?

People should learn to take full responsibility of their lives. The ones that removed their brains and handed it over to charlatans that call themselves pastors should be smart enough to know that they are customers. The pastor is not under any obligations to care about your well-being. He didn't force you to be an idiot.

/
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Buccalcavity2: 12:58pm On Feb 26
Omoejigbahe:

Stop typing rubbish, he is the church number 1 donor. He should be honoured, that's what sane people do.
Stop saying nonsense. He is the number 1 shareholder and the "co-owner". A birthday is not planned in 2 weeks. What's the drama. We Wey dey mourn no complain. Na people Wey e no concern dey cry more than the bereaved.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26
Buccalcavity2:
Are you people normal? Always looking to attack the church....
Did Access Marathon not hold the next morning after Herbert's passing. Or you think the organizers didn't know?Was he not replaced by Bolaji the next Monday after his passing? Did the bank not open for business? Gboromideleru!!! Hypocrites.
Another human being should not celebrate because one died? You obviously don't know the Herbert in question.

So if the bank did that shouldn't the church do differently?

Or is the Church a bussines as well? Seems it is, from the explanation you gave.

Even Jesus was compassionate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26
Saao:
Daddy G O son died, went to preach following Sunday. When a righteous died, you don't mourn that much because in reality, he only transition not died. Earlier you guys abandon this gossip better for you all

He should have invited Davido to service to perform then.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26
Harddiskng:

Word!

I am not the judgmental or even religious type but i must confessed I was embarrassed for the Church and their pastor watching the Pastor’s wife and her antics during the so called celebration. Smh

Let’s call a spade a spade. The fact she went on with it, speaks volumes. When i tell people DON’T carry Church on your head, don’t seek to be known there, don’t seek honor. Serve your God, do you own bit to help others and go home.

Godforbid if someone’s son dies does that person still go on with her birthday celebration, because of how much she has spent on it already? Think on it.

These people will attack you, that you shouldn't be lukewarm in church, that you should be fire blazing.

That there's no room for balance and idleness in church.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26
9jatriot:
If it was a poor man that died and the pastor threw a party 2 weeks later, would it still have been out of place?

Has the man in question contributed the way the late Wigwe has?

There must be a plan or procedure to honour people of such calibre, which they'll do.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by BucketHat(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26
Goodness me!!!!! The comments here are just mind boggling oooo.

NBA (National Basketball Association) postponed Lakers vs Clippers game after Kobe Bryant death.
The game was reschedule according to NBA statement.

The decision was made out of respect for the Lakers organisation which was deeply grieving the tragic loss of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant,his daughter Gianna & 7 other people in a helicopter crash.

The NBA said!!!!!

How much did the pastor WIFE spent organising her birthday party compared to that of NBA of over 100 million dollars yet POSTPONED.

On very serious note the pastor nor do well at all.

Mr Herbert wigwe before is demise was a strong pillar in RCCG aka city of David according to sources.

City of David Parish should have suspended all forms of party till further notice just to honor the family for their great loss.

The Pastor & his wife had a large party instead !!!!!!
Both are insensitive.

By their fruits ye shall know them !!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Princezibk: 1:13pm On Feb 26
oldguyman:
WIGWE, his wife and a son died in the ill fated helicopter crash. I hope you understand better now?

Darn !!!

God knows best 😫😫

I pray for longest life , great health, unlimited happiness, peaceful mind and immeasurable prosperities for myself, family and loved one 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💯❤️❤️
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Buccalcavity2: 1:14pm On Feb 26
Beverlyjean:

What nonsense are u saying... during the access bank marathon, no one knew about the death... access bank marathon happened in the morning, by evening, the news circulated...
Type what you know. If I knew, then his partners knew. Who did you think the surviving PA would first call or you thought he kept it to himself?
I have seen Herbert replace a diseased close associate within 48hrs and attended functions. Does it make him a bad man?
Face fact! No matter who you are, you are just a man at the end of the day.... And life continues the next moment.
I understand the emotion but he that has gone has gone!
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Jaydear: 1:15pm On Feb 26
Me thinks its not out of place for the pastor whose wife celebrated her 60th birthday to step down the party. that is only an honor not only because wigwe is the churches cash cow but because he is equally a pastor in the same church. Flags fly half mast. The church and the pastor no try abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Olurondo: 1:17pm On Feb 26
A lesson to the living.You are only as relevant as long as most people can get from you or take from you.Always put yourself first.Be unapologetic about your selfishness. Take care of yourself and family first!Be wise!!When you are gone,only few who you helped will remember your loved ones!
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by BucketHat(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26
Buccalcavity2:
Are you people normal? Always looking to attack the church....
Did Access Marathon not hold the next morning after Herbert's passing. Or you think the organizers didn't know?Was he not replaced by Bolaji the next Monday after his passing? Did the bank not open for business? Gboromideleru!!! Hypocrites.
Another human being should not celebrate because one died? You obviously don't know the Herbert in question.
Excuse me I beg to differ here!!!! If I may ask you who are you referring to as you people?

The Pastor & his wife were infantile & insensitive you know.

Legendary Kobe Bryant 41,his daughter 13 & 7 other people died in a helicopter crash & NBA honoured him by postponing basketball games & reschedule it another time.

How much did the pastor's wife spent for her birthday that the church couldn't postponed compared to that of NBA of over a 100 million dollars but reschedule to honor KOBE BRYANT.

Please think before you make comments in the nearest future.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Beverlyjean(f): 1:26pm On Feb 26
Buccalcavity2:

Type what you know. If I knew, then his partners knew. Who did you think the surviving PA would first call or you thought he kept it to himself?
I have seen Herbert replace a diseased close associate within 48hrs and attended functions. Does it make him a bad man?
Face fact! No matter who you are, you are just a man at the end of the day.... And life continues the next moment.
I understand the emotion but he that has gone has gone!

If that birthday happens that saturday evening ....no one would have condemned it...

U can't compare both.... attending functions is different from 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ ...infact. I don't argue with low IQ people

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26
ppogba:

You are right
Some are just males wearing trousers just for the sake of it.

Most importantly, some are worried by " your Village people".

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Buccalcavity2: 1:36pm On Feb 26
BucketHat:

Excuse me I beg to differ here!!!! If I may ask you who are you referring to as you people?

The Pastor & his wife were infantile & insensitive you know.

Legendary Kobe Bryant 41,his daughter 13 & 7 other people died in a helicopter crash & NBA honoured him by postponing basketball games & reschedule it another time.

How much did the pastor's wife spent for her birthday that the church couldn't postponed compared to that of NBA of over a 100 million dollars but reschedule to honor KOBE BRYANT.

Please think before you make comments in the nearest future.
Emotional rollercoaster.
Why are you going far to NBA. His own company didn't stop a program organized the next morning. Board members met and chose a successor the next Monday.
If NBA chose to mourn Kobe that way, dts NBA. Nobody is asking you not to mourn the dead in your own way. Don't project your emotions on others simple!
Drama 👑.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Buccalcavity2: 1:40pm On Feb 26
Beverlyjean:

If that birthday happens that saturday evening ....no one would have condemned it...

U can't compare both.... attending functions is different from 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ ...infact. I don't argue with low IQ people
Nor vex
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by 9gerian: 2:01pm On Feb 26
Was there a minute silence in memory of the deceased held during the birthday event? If yes that suffices to an extent. The other thing is for the event to proceed low key in recognition that church was mourning.

Maybe a postponement would have been better but no one knows the arrangements in place already. Outright cancellation may have been extreme too.

Pastor Ighodalo officiated a burial after being informed that his wife had just passed the same morning. The Christian faith is a personal one that usually vary from public opinions.

Everyone involved should let peace reign please.

OLAADEGBU:

"Does a man such as this not deserve to be properly honoured after his death?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSUmfzrWZUY&t=637s
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Gmajor(m): 2:04pm On Feb 26
gasparpisciotta:
Many of these Pastors are too self centered and self opinionated to consider the opinion of others.

Is it the pastor that killed him?
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by BucketHat(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26
Buccalcavity2:

Emotional rollercoaster.
Why are you going far to NBA. His own company didn't stop a program organized the next morning. Board members met and chose a successor the next Monday.
If NBA chose to mourn Kobe that way, dts NBA. Nobody is asking you not to mourn the dead in your own way. Don't project your emotions on others simple!
Drama 👑.
Everybody with his or her own opinion but a place of worship should lead by example & not throwing parties left right & centre.

Perhaps if it was the Pastor that lost th wife & his children in that manner will he hosting super birthday party?

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Fortune118005(m): 3:02pm On Feb 26
lacasera14:
Anybody can celebrate a birthday party, but that kind was way overboard on the heels of the passing of the church's benefactor. And then what kind of church invites a secular artiste to perform on their Mama's birthday? There's Moses Bliss, Joe Praise, Frank Edward, Mercy Chinwo and the likes. That choice smelt iniquity in the church.

What's the name of the secular artiste?
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by LastProphet: 3:30pm On Feb 26
adefitim:
Welcome to Christiandom

Is not Christendom, it's just one of the new age Pentecostal culture of ignoring anything that's not celebration, they give it all crafty names but in the end it's fuolishness. We lost someone painfully some years back and a younger relative who was considered part and parcel of all arrangements and did well, still posted his wedding anniversary online barely few days after the sad burial. That's to show you the difference between peoples, there are those that will mourn with you and there are those that will quickly abandon you because you remind them of sadness and they just can't let themselves be sad. Pentecostalism in Nigeria is a very fooolish development. If that woman forfeited her 60th birthday for the Wigwes it was worth it, but the selfish worldview preached by Pentecostalism didn't allow them to have any sense, and you know it's assumed Daddy and Mummy GOs don't make mistakes and any correction must be borne out of envy so such people often get no advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Starzo: 5:06pm On Feb 26
To all the people quoting me saying nonsense, y'all are the insensitive ones

The birthday was celebrated after two weeks. Is two weeks not enough mourning time?

If it was a poor man that died, would the birthday be attracting such attention?.... be

Y'all are elitists who tie the worth of human life to how much he has in his bank account

I'm disappointed in all of you
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by NuCypher: 5:52pm On Feb 26
You go dey trust pastor. Well done!
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by NaBanga: 6:28pm On Feb 26
Is heaven ranking importance by wealth? What is the standard mourning time for those making 80K monthly? Nigerians need help. undecided
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by helpee(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26
Beverlyjean:

U really don't reason properly...why would they shut down their business?? Did anyone complain about the church being open for service ?? Did anyone talk about the church to suspend service because of his death.... I really don't know if some of u have existing IQ
I would have ignored you because many of you are so rude and carry empty skulls about so the only way you can engage people is to insult them. I asked you a simple question, you resorted to insult. If your father had trained you well, you wouldn’t be living your life so bittered and miserable that the only way you can express yourself is to resort to empty braggadocio about an IQ that has been missing in your lineage for generations.

The Bank that made him did not stop to make money. They continued to work everyday. He practically owned the bank. They could not sacrifice some days to honor him but to you, it is nothing.
You want another family to completely stop what they were planning for years just to make you happy because he is an important member of the church.

If the bank could not stop making money to honor the person that made them who they are, why should the woman stop her celebration? It was not a church celebration, it was a personal birthday.

What is wrong with you?
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Beverlyjean(f): 6:48pm On Feb 26
helpee:

I would have ignored you because many of you are so rude and carry empty skulls about so the only way you can engage people is to insult them. I asked you a simple question, you resorted to insult. If your father had trained you well, you wouldn’t be living your life so bittered and miserable that the only way you can express yourself is to resort to empty braggadocio about an IQ that has been missing in your lineage for generations.

The Bank that made him did not stop to make money. They continued to work everyday. He practically owned the bank. They could not sacrifice some days to honor him but to you, it is nothing.
You want another family to completely stop what they were planning for years just to make you happy because he is an important member of the church.

If the bank could not stop making money to honor the person that made them who they are, why should the woman stop her celebration? It was not a church celebration, it was a personal birthday.

What is wrong with you?

U are the dumbest person I have ever encountered on this forum... so u are still defending ur dumb post... smh ... u need to go discuss this with ur 10yr old nephew or niece, that's if u have one ...I bet they will be the ones to correct u... cos u are not fit to discuss with adults

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? / Dailymail Readers' Comments On TB Joshua's Deliverance Post / Wiseman Daniel Starts His Own Ministry Independently Of TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.