Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo (23983 Views)

Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday / Man Rains Money On His Pastor In Church (Photos, Video) / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by ppogba: 10:51am On Feb 26
fareed69:
Since Wigwe died now life should be at a standstill for all his Church members.
I know the Celebrant must have been planning this occasion long before he died , so he should cancel it?
You could have said all other members should continue mourning him for ever .
Even Access bank has long moved on .
They have appointed another leader less than a week after his death.
Nonsense write up

No matter how long it took to plan an event, it can be cancelled if situation warrants it.

Events were cancelled for COVID. High level events for that matter.

God forbid, if it were to be the first child of the couple, the event would be cancelled.

We're the food to be eaten on that day already prepared?

5 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Umuinyioku: 10:54am On Feb 26
OLAADEGBU:

"Does a man such as this not deserve to be properly honoured after his death?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSUmfzrWZUY&t=637s
The writer is perfectly right. The birthday bash for the wife was uncalled for. Very insensitive.

Actions like this makes many of us have phobia for pastors and clergymen. Certainly, they're fair weather men of God.

Any lessons for those big time spenders for Churches

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Feb 26
Starzo:

You're very stupid....so because wigwe was a multimillionaire church should not hold for a a year abi

Church service does not equate to the birthday celebration of the wife of the pastor with a worldly secular mucician (Flavour).

Starzo:

If it was an average member that died, would you people be saying this nonsense?

Must you celebrate your birthday in church if you are to call a worldly entertainer?

Starzo:

Wigwe's life is not more important than that of any dedicated poor member in the house of God

Are you saying celebrating birthdays in church is more important than mourning or at least being sober shortly after the passing of a congregant?

Starzo:

If you didn't call for activities to be put on hold for a poor member then don't do it for wigwe because he was a billionaire

No one is saying church activities should be put on hold but it is not right to be in a festive mood shortly after losing some of your members in a ghastly accident.

Starzo:

Make una continue to drag pastors.... pastors are the reasons for the economy mess we find ourselves in as a nation...

These ones are hirelings who are their for their own bellies.

Starzo:

Una politicians dey finish una, una carry frustration dey attack pastors....una go suffer Tay cuz una mumu never do

If corrupt politicians would not stoop so low as to be celebrating birthdays shortly after the death of their godfathers what does that say about your "godly" so called men of god? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by fareed69(m): 10:55am On Feb 26
ppogba:

No matter how long it took to plan an event, it can be cancelled if situation warrants it.

Events were cancelled for COVID. High level events for that matter.

God forbid, if it were to be the first child of the couple, the event would be cancelled.

We're the food to be eaten on that day already prepared?

It's there own first child.
Was Wigwe their Child?
If Access bank can move on less than a week, there shouldn't be any grudge over that.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Faithfulness88: 10:58am On Feb 26
People can say things it is not easy to cancel such especially when all plans are already made.My
dad died on my sister's traditional wedding day in the morning mum hid it from us and told us after the wedding on Saturday if not everything for scatter.At times is not as easy as we think.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by buJu234: 10:59am On Feb 26
adefitim:
Welcome to Christiandom

Point of correction..

Welcome to Nigeria/Black man Christiandom.

Where the pastor collects everything to himself and share little or nothing to the members.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by frog12: 11:01am On Feb 26
Just vanity. Putting billions into churches

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by ppogba: 11:02am On Feb 26
yewit37486:
The woman in question, Pst Siju Iluyomade, has always been flamboyant and extravagant in her lifestyle, from makeup to dressing to hobnobbing with top society women, worldliness raised to power 10, that has always been who she is. So her action is not surprising to me personally.

I was already thinking of what will be left of me by the time the " touch not my annointed crew" will de descend on me if I bring this angle to the conversation. The only thing you left out and which I will help stay is, the personality in question is JEZEBEL reincarnate. Truth is bitter but we must say it.

Whether we like it or not, most that we lool up to in Christianity are worse off than we that adore and worship them.

Let us all be guided.

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Chikemn: 11:07am On Feb 26
This is a well articulated masterpiece.The pastor and wife never showed empathy. They moved on selfishly as if the lives of the Wigwes mean nothing to them. It a strong lesson to the living.

OLAADEGBU:

"Does a man such as this not deserve to be properly honoured after his death?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSUmfzrWZUY&t=637s

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by ppogba: 11:08am On Feb 26
Okwyjesus:

The action of the Pastor's wife is wrong BUT let's be constructive in our criticism.

1. The woman's attitude is not of RCCG. It's not part of our core values of Holiness, Accountability Resourcefulness and Sacrifice.
She is just on her own and am sure the mission authority is not happy with the development.

2. Women can be self willed and stiff necked at times. Am even thinking the husband may not have supported her action. But for peace to reign..

If you are still allowing your wife have her way in any critical family issue all because she is self willed, stiff necked or just for peace to reign then, your authority and legitimacy as an husband is in doubt.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Capernum: 11:11am On Feb 26
It is all shades of wrong. What if it's the pastor son? Your answer is as good as mine.

Really, Wigwe was meant to be the spiritual son of the pastor.

Wigwe lost his life, his wife, two sons etc. That's like almost 5 of your most important members... No no no no... It's all wrong. No matter what explanation you have, it can't be logical.

What if it was the pastor's biological son, daughter in law, and grandson? Would they have gone ahead with the party?

If your answer is No, then the pastor is wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by ppogba: 11:11am On Feb 26
fareed69:

It's there own first child.
Was Wigwe their Child?
If Access bank can move on less than a week, there shouldn't be any grudge over that.

You did not disprove any of the points I raised.

Nobody is saying they should not move on because a member died.

The argument is that they should have been considerate, humane and be African because a BENEFACTOR died.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Omoejigbahe(m): 11:11am On Feb 26
Buccalcavity2:
Are you people normal? Always looking to attack the church....
Did Access Marathon not hold the next morning after Herbert's passing. Or you think the organizers didn't know?Was he not replaced by Bolaji the next Monday after his passing? Did the bank not open for business? Gboromideleru!!! Hypocrites.
Another human being should not celebrate because one died? You obviously don't know the Herbert in question.

Stop typing rubbish, he is the church number 1 donor. He should be honoured, that's what sane people do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Capernum: 11:14am On Feb 26
Why not postpone it by just a few months? It would have been honorable and understandable.

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by yewit37486: 11:14am On Feb 26
ppogba:

I was already thinking of what will be left of me by the time the " touch not my annointed crew" will de descend on me if I bring this angle to the conversation. The only thing you left out and which I will help stay is, the personality in question is JEZEBEL reincarnate. Truth is bitter but we must say it.

Whether we like it or not, most that we lool up to in Christianity are worse off than we that adore and worship them.

Let us all be guided.

You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Harddiskng(m): 11:17am On Feb 26
Starzo:
Money is not supposed to give you special treatment in the house of God.... everybody should be treated as equals in the house of God

If the church did not halt occasions when an average member died then it shouldn't do it cuz a billionaire died

Asking for special treatment and recognize in church because of financial capacity is ungodly

This is not even about special treatment, plus Wigwe is an esteemed member of that church if we are not lying to ourselves.

If the Church can show so much insensitivity to an such esteemed member how much more ordinary members. So when they dead or fall ill nobody cares?? Is the what Christ wanted??

Wow. What a people.

9jatriot:
If it was a poor man that died and the pastor threw a party 2 weeks later, would it still have been out of place?

That is the main question. If a whole Wigwe can be treated like that, only God know nobody gives a damn what happens to any other poor member in that Church.

That why i am not a fun of Church’s building edifice for thousands of people. The quality of Love and care starts taking a nose dive.

The lack of Love is so glaring, where there is no Love or Inadequate Love you can NEVER see the full manifestation of God’s power in such a place.

I hope the pastor would see it as a learning point to cut excesses in the house of God.

As Christian there are things we do for the conscience of our of others. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: 1 corin 6:12 - you have a friend with drinking problem but for you as a Christian you have nothing against drinking and no addiction to it; just for the sake of this Friend, when you have friends hangout you exclude alcohol from the menu. This is the path of Love we are called to walk upon as Christian, love is sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by chaloskyx: 11:17am On Feb 26
is his pastor his father he did all that for God not the pastor so he owes him nothing why dont you ask God why even with all he did for the church he was allowed to die go ahead and ask lets see what happens dont start taking cheap shots at him messenger cause you are upset🤨
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by LagosG: 11:17am On Feb 26
Harddiskng:

Word!

I am not the judgmental or even religious type but i must confessed I was embarrassed for the Church and their pastor watching the Pastor’s wife and antics during the so called celebration. Smh

Let’s call a spade a spade. The fact she went on with it, speaks volumes. When i tell people that carry Church on your mind, don’t seek to be known there, don’t seek honor. Serve your God, do you own bit to help others and go home.

Godforbid if someone’s son dies does that person still go on with their birthday celebration, irrespective of how she has spent? Think on it.
Reading comments here, you just know Nigerians are the worst crop of humans. Religiously delusional and pastor worshippers.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Anashe: 11:21am On Feb 26
I'm for calling out whoever needs to be called out. And I heard the Wigwe family already said they don't want the church near them, that is fine. They had expectations. What happened to Herbert Wigwe was tragic, especially for his aged parents. All I see is a pattern. His elder brother and his wife died in a fatal accident too. I don't see why they need to drag someone else. How long is enough to mourn? One week? One year? A life time? What does proper honor mean? Y'all need to give it a rest abeg. Should they have put up a monument to worship him? People react to death differently. I don't get it.

If I were the one, the party would have been suspended as it was sudden.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Adgraced: 11:33am On Feb 26
I'm conflicted on this. however the dead is dead and the living must continue to live. But OYO for those of you that pump money into churches thinking you are giving to God, when orphanages and the poor full every where. Go back to your bible and find out what true giving is.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:33am On Feb 26
oldguyman:
I have a very good friend of mine who always warned me to be selfish, self centered and face myself at least 98% before considering anyone else. I used to laugh at him and tell him how selfish he is. I later found out he is 100% right and I have been stupid thinking that on rainy days I will see someone from people I am throwing money at to come to my rescue. I was madly ashamed of myself for not listening to my friend but now I have learnt my lesson.

This is absolutely true. Take care of yourself first before looking out for others.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by CSTRR: 11:44am On Feb 26

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by CSTRR: 11:46am On Feb 26

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:49am On Feb 26
ppogba:

If you are still allowing your wife have her way in any critical family issue all because she is self willed, stiff necked or just for peace to reign then, your authority and legitimacy as an husband is in doubt.

The truth is most women control the home while the men are just figure head. You need to see in some occasions where the wife tells her husband to shut up and listen to her. Asin controlling the husband like remote. Most times the men even beg for sex lol
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Kobicove(m): 11:51am On Feb 26
tctrills:
I believe Wigwe was a good man, but if this report is true, we should be critical of his management of Access. It's wrong to give out loans as a favor even to your church. It's not your money, it belongs to the shareholders.
The story states that the church could not service the loan only to be rewarded with an interest-free loan. This is just wrong. I hope others will learn from this.
Do not give out loans as a favor. Remember, it is not your money.

This is a truth Nigerians are not ready to hear undecided

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:58am On Feb 26
Capernum:
It is all shades of wrong. What if it's the pastor son? Your answer is as good as mine.

Really, Wigwe was meant to be the spiritual son of the pastor.

Wigwe lost his life, his wife, two sons etc. That's like almost 5 of your most important members... No no no no... It's all wrong. No matter what explanation you have, it can't be logical.

What if it was the pastor's biological son, daughter in law, and grandson? Would they have gone ahead with the party?

If your answer is No, then the pastor is wrong.

There were 3 of them. Wigwe, his wife and first son. Not 2 sons. Notwithstanding it's a colossal loss.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Forkthiefnubu: 12:09pm On Feb 26
Church na scam business
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by MosayA: 12:10pm On Feb 26
Even his bank appointed another MD/CEO few days after his demise. So, what the heck is the issue here? Abeg, make una allow us rest for this matter.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by RenaissanceGuy: 12:12pm On Feb 26
oldguyman:
The pastor goofed badly in this. I am surprised with people attacking the writer. If you read the write up with an unbiased mind, and also watch the video clip then you will know they are not attacking Christianity but opening people's eyes.

I know of a man " landlord " who canceled his daughter's lavish wedding because one of their tenants lost his son, a less than 10 years old boy. The man called his in-laws and explained to them what happened to his tenant and told them they will have to do the wedding in a very low key.... Hall events were cancelled, attendants were cut to a very small number of people and the speakers too were low to the nearest minimum. Even the father of the late boy has to beg the man not to spoil his daughter's day of joy because of his late son. The landlord said no, they can still do another big party if his daughter gives birth but they must respect the lost soul.

I see no reason why mummy G.O cannot postpone her glamorous birthday celebration to next year. Many worshippers will be very sad how the Wigwe were treated after their demise.
Please, it was not Mummy GO; it was another branch pastor's wife.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by lekkys: 12:24pm On Feb 26
The party would have been avoided anyway,not even calling of unbeliever to play during your birthday party.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo by Judolisco(m): 12:24pm On Feb 26
Starzo:
Una must always look for ways to drag pastors in everything

What is the name of the pastor?..

If the same pastor stay low-key now people like you will still come out to say the lose of him cash cow don humble am. To the extent he refused to his wives birthday

The dead is dead....they won't mourn him for one year

To God his life is not more important than that of a fateful servant with less than 50k in his/her bank account

Tinubu and northern economic saboteurs dey finish una lives. And una dey online dey criticize pastors from morning till night.... senseless people
not that I don't agree with you but if na d pastor, wife and kid die in such a way... Church members won't go around throwing lavish birthday parties a week later.. It jst shows d wigwe's meant nothing to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / Jesus Christ ! End Time Trumpet Heard In The Sky In ISRAEL (WATCH VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.