Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

If I Can Do It, You Can Too – Adekunle Gold Tells Sickle Cell Survivors - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / If I Can Do It, You Can Too – Adekunle Gold Tells Sickle Cell Survivors (22031 Views)

Adekunle Gold: I Was Born With Sickle Cell Disease / Meet Me Outside, I Want To Fight – Adekunle Gold Tells Adesuwa Etomi (see Why) / I Don’t Need A Guideline To Handle That Your Waist Line - Adekunle Gold Tells Si (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: If I Can Do It, You Can Too – Adekunle Gold Tells Sickle Cell Survivors by bjdon: 12:46pm On Feb 27
daglishbaba:
I am from a poor home, never knew about my sickle condition till I got admitted to higher institution. I do things like other people except that I dare enter rain like other children. Till now I am yet to visit hospital because i am scared of knowing about any terminal diseases. But I know one thing for sure, I am as fit as fiddle. Nothing do me.
Great to hear, but please do and try and take simple measures like drinking lots of water and trying to not get too stressed about things. I wish you all the very best!
Re: If I Can Do It, You Can Too – Adekunle Gold Tells Sickle Cell Survivors by Bijust: 6:59am On Mar 11
obaidan:

i totally understand what you talk about, i am eager to hear from you, what are some opportunities and ways you believe we can help people living with sickle cell reach their goals more easily
I am just seeing this, but then let me write on this, I recently graduated from university with a 2.2 grade, despite facing numerous health challenges that affected my academic journey. As I've started applying for jobs, I've come across multiple rejections, presumably due to my health condition. It's disheartening that many employers disregard sickle cell patients, as if we are incapable or a liability. It's frustrating to realize that most individuals with sickle cell who do find opportunities in good organizations often rely on personal connections.

Moreover, it's disappointing to see the lack of provisions or considerations for sickle cell patients, not just in terms of employment but also in areas like inclusion in para-military or military roles, grants, and subsidies for life-saving medications. Whenever I come across discussions regarding sickle cell, it often ends with people relying on vague hopes and prayers, rather than tangible actions or solutions.

I have had to go to the hospital multiple times where I had to use up my entire savings on drugs, blood transfusions, and other medical expenses. To make ends meet, I have turned to teaching and online crypto businesses for survival. I always remind myself that no one owes anyone anything, so I need to vent less.

But when I reflect on the reality of what a fully healthy person goes through in society just to survive, and then think about what those of us dealing with health challenges have to endure, especially when many warriors are unemployed, it's a sobering realization. Many of my peers are far ahead of me in various aspects because I've had to invest a lot in my health just to keep going.

1 Like

Re: If I Can Do It, You Can Too – Adekunle Gold Tells Sickle Cell Survivors by Sayelabola(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12
To whom it may concern.

I can help prepare herbal medicines that will heal up crisis in sickle cell patients.

Feel free to call or Whatsapp me on: +2348060737971.

Facebook: Samuel R. Ayelabola

Good day!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout This Photo Of 2face And Annie Idibia / Femi Adebayo Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today (Photos) / Bobrisky: Money Is Far Better Than True Love, Don’t Settle For Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.