Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records (26626 Views)

How I Will Got Signed In Mavins Record Label In The Future Will Shock People And / Who Remembers The Music Group "Resonance"? / Music: Mavins Ft Rema X Wizkid: All My Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by 2DADDEY: 7:20pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:
You have to give people from the east their accolades. When it comes to Business
They are the real genius.

I remember when Dbanj left Don jazzy and ran to USA. people said Don jazzy is finished
Mo hits is finished

Don jazzy as a true Igbo business man
Started a fresh with MARVIN
The rest was history

If only dbanj could see the future
He wouldn't have left Don jazzy
Now ordinary Rema get LEVELS on international scene pass Dbanj

My business manager must be from Igbo
They have good business IQ
I cannot come and kii myself in business
Let those who are good in it handle it for me

Congratulations Don Jazzy💥💥❤️❤️
Don Jazzy is Isoko from delta state. Attachee by force try dey get shame

2 Likes

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by LastProphet: 7:24pm On Feb 26
2DADDEY:

Lol Don jazzy is Isoko na him mother be Igbo

Oh okay, I didn't know that
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by DanjaNinja(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:
You have to give people from the east their accolades. When it comes to Business

I remember when Dbanj left Don jazzy and ran to USA. people said Don jazzy is finished
Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

Don Jazzy is an Isoko man.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by blowjohn(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26
Don Jazzy, Hollywood is evil.

Be careful. So many satanic things attached them.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Okoroawusa: 7:45pm On Feb 26
I Love Nigeria

The last man to call Nigeria a zoo is currently in an underground cage somewhere in the same Nigeria that he called a zoo and is brought out once in a while to receive fresh air in Nigerian court.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by PHAYOL81: 7:47pm On Feb 26
Hmmmmm! That's great.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Blacktruth: 7:47pm On Feb 26
phr0nesis:
UMG has a roaster of the biggest artists in the word. Investing in Nigerian music is big addition to them

After buying it , they will turn it into something else , if u dont sell ur soul , dey are not ready to do business with you .
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by airsaylongcome: 7:50pm On Feb 26
Pimine:

All he has to do is invest in one like YBNL. There are always loopholes.

Sure he can. But I'm sure he would not be able to have direct control there either
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by PepeXKermit: 8:06pm On Feb 26
Matrix137:
Talent vultures.

Can't forget in a hurry what they did to D'banj

What dey? You sure say u don grow pubic hair when mohits scatter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by pongwa(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26
ATEAMS:
Just say.... it's sold out ..
sope otilo
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by sangresan(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

Yes, Don Jazzy is Dangote. You get head but no get sense.

Are you not Igbo? Why don't you use your so-called business acumen to make billions?

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Majesty7: 8:30pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

Keep fooling yourself. They are the worst businessmen around. Check the stats. Yes, they are good in trading. Here is the difference between trading and being a good business person. Judge for yourself:

"Trade is referred to as a basic economic activity that involves buying and selling different goods and services between two or more parties involved in the transaction WHEREAS business is an economic activity that involves the exchange, purchase, sale or production of goods and services with a motive to earn profits"... Majesty7.

Thank you
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by hopexter(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26
fmlala:
Cool investement

Cool but also means Marvin is no longer for Nigeria
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Artscollection: 8:36pm On Feb 26
thesicilian:

That wouldn't make any business sense, when you still have the autonomy to run the technical part of the business the way you deem fit.

👇👇👇

Also there must be a clause that will not permit him to setup another label 4 sometime. Universal no be Tata 4 d business and those guys are pure maffia, it is possible they coerced don baba j into that contract.alot goes beyond d scene.

2 Likes

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Artscollection: 8:37pm On Feb 26
Majesty7:

Keep fooling yourself. They are the worst businessmen around. Check the stats. Yes, they are good in trading. Here is the difference between trading and being a good business person. Judge for yourself:

"Trade is referred to as a basic economic activity that involves buying and selling different goods and services between two or more parties involved in the transaction WHEREAS business is an economic activity that involves the exchange, purchase, sale or production of goods and services with a motive to earn profits"... Majesty7.

Thank you

Leave matter 4 uncle mathias!!!
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Artscollection: 8:40pm On Feb 26
Blacktruth:

After buying it , they will turn it into something else , if u dont sell ur soul , dey are not ready to do business with you .

Those people eh, if you want to be worldwide, you must give them the piece of d cake,they have been checking on don j 4 a long time n my guy cant fight them in this dirty WORLD

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Blacktruth: 8:44pm On Feb 26
Artscollection:

Those people eh, if you want to be worldwide, you must give them the piece of d cake,they have been checking on don j 4 a long time n my guy cant fight them in this dirty WORLD

Dats why he left it for dem jeje , at a reasonable price,those guyz are evil
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by OKEIYIOKODU: 8:55pm On Feb 26
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Ykc2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26
Who remembered when d banj separated with don jazzy his fellow tribe's people were abusing don jazzy calling D Banj eja nla today where D Banj and his Big fish?they way they were shouting May D Is better than P Sqaure today where is May D?
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by SanLorrenzo(m): 9:10pm On Feb 26
Universal were eyeing top talents in Mavins like Rema. Top celebrity are having some issues with them and tiktok content.

Now they are major shareholders in Mavins. Nice
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by phr0nesis(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26
Tranquility2345:

This one say na roaster? You better go and buy Brighter Grammar to learn the difference between Roster and Roaster before Yamayama finish that your bald head there angry
Na only one error you see correct even though made two. You sef Na olodo you be
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Damian911: 9:44pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

I have been stalking you for a while by going through your threads and posts and I wonder between me and you who is a crazier theorist wink
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Fearurcreeator: 10:11pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

The top two or three biggest business men in Nigeria are not igbos
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by TheGift: 10:27pm On Feb 26
naptu2:

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/universal-music-group-buys-majority-stake-in-afrobeats-label-mavin/

Is this not a form of the new neo-colonialism?

Serious answers from critical thinkers only, please.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Anonimoux: 10:33pm On Feb 26
This is something I would never agree to. Never. I don't like those people for anything and I can never trust them.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Anonimoux: 10:35pm On Feb 26
I don't really like UMG idea of buying out successful independent record labels, any independent record labels that's doing well they come for it and start dictating how the label should be run. This is one mistake I would never make in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Madeu(m): 10:49pm On Feb 26
Blacktruth:

Dats why he left it for dem jeje , at a reasonable price,those guyz are evil
If not, lot of copyright infringement cases would destroy Marvin record label. Don Jazzy will end up with lots of settlements. The best decision is to sell it off and get some gains.

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by elverdad: 10:50pm On Feb 26
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by NaijaPrince18: 10:58pm On Feb 26
elverdad:

Igbos are best in music business
BEST IN SELLING OUT TO WHITES. AFROBEATS IS A YORUBA GENRE OF MUSIC
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Konquest: 11:05pm On Feb 26
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Badadvisor: 1:00am On Feb 27
Emmexguy123:
Don Jazzy is truly a business man.
He knew that after Rema, it will be hard to raise another hit star.
He didn't even discover Rema. His junior brother D price did, and he sold rema out to Mavins after they came to a deal.
Music is business.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Maxtipulation(m): 2:07am On Feb 27
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

Is Don Jazzy father an Igbo man? Am just asking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ALBUM: Brymo - Tabula Rasa (the Gift) Full Album Download / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. / Lyrics: Awww By Di'ja | Naija Lyrics Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.