Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records (26629 Views)

How I Will Got Signed In Mavins Record Label In The Future Will Shock People And / Who Remembers The Music Group "Resonance"? / Music: Mavins Ft Rema X Wizkid: All My Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by kay29000(m): 6:22pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:
You have to give people from the east their accolades. When it comes to Business
They are the real genius.

I remember when Dbanj left Don jazzy and ran to USA. people said Don jazzy is finished
Mo hits is finished

Don jazzy as a true Igbo business man
Started a fresh with MARVIN
The rest was history

If only dbanj could see the future
He wouldn't have left Don jazzy
Now ordinary Rema get LEVELS on international scene pass Dbanj

My business manager must be from Igbo
They have good business IQ
I cannot come and kii myself in business
Let those who are good in it handle it for me

Congratulations Don Jazzy💥💥❤️❤️

D Banj didn't leave DON jazzy, they parted ways as they were 50/50 partners with Mo Hits...Don Jazzy wouldn't have had to create another label if he owned Mo Hits 100%.

D Banj reigned for 6-7 years, pioneered Naija artists doing big collabs with Americans...he is considered a legend till this day. Most artists have peak periods and then newer artists take that top spot. D Banj enjoyed his peak. Stop making the situation into what it isn't.

Kudos to DON jazzy on the new deal. He deserves it. He has put a lot into the growth of naija music industry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Beverlyjean(f): 6:22pm On Feb 26
Jazzy don hammer
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Beverlyjean(f): 6:23pm On Feb 26
kay29000:

D Banj didn't leave DON jazzy, they parted ways as they were 50/50 partners with Mo Hits...Don Jazzy wouldn't have had to create another label if he owned Mo Hits.

D Banj reigned for 6-7 years, pioneered Naija artists doing big collabs with Americans...he is a legend till this day. Most artists have peak periods and then newer artists take that top spot. D Banj enjoyed his peak. Stop making the situation into what it isn't.

Nice response

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by TundeEdnut35(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26
Don jazzy is not igbo he is of urhobo descent stopping capping Nonsense
FeliciaOja:
You have to give people from the east their accolades. When it comes to Business

I remember when Dbanj left Don jazzy and ran to USA. people said Don jazzy is finished
Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Tranquility2345: 6:26pm On Feb 26
phr0nesis:
UMG has a roaster of the biggest artists in the word. Investing in Nigerian music is big addition to them

This one say na roaster? You better go and buy Brighter Grammar to learn the difference between Roster and Roaster before Yamayama finish that your bald head there angry
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by DenreleDave(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26
Legendhero baba

Èwo email yin
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by 2mch(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26
Make una careful o. Dem de tear all those boys for American yansh if they want to be stars o! Many of them are now on drugs and mentally unstable.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by DenreleDave(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26
cheesy cheesy
Tranquility2345:

This one say na roaster? You better go and buy Brighter Grammar to learn the difference between Roster and Roaster before Yamayama finish that your bald head there angry
grin grin
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Tranquility2345: 6:28pm On Feb 26
Don Jazzy don finally cash out. Congrats to him
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by faceland: 6:29pm On Feb 26
They have been successful for more than 15 years. Impressive track record.

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by kay29000(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26
airsaylongcome:

Universal Music aren't fools. They would have gotten a contract in place that limits him from starting a competitor within a specific time frame

That's true. They always have contracts like that. I'm guessing he just wanted bulk money for some other investments. He would have gotten a shit load of money for a label that has Arya Starr and Rema...and even he has just 10% stake left in Marvin, he would still be smiling to the bank.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by LegendHero(m): 6:30pm On Feb 26
DenreleDave:
Legendhero baba

Èwo email yin

I don’t have access to my email again. So that’s why I can’t receive dm
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Tranquility2345: 6:31pm On Feb 26
DARLINGTON869:
I think what Don jazzy wants to do is cash out big time. Then later on, he will go ahead an float another record label.

And you think the agreement won’t have a non- compete clause? Why any sane investor go buy your business and then let you open another one to compete with him? You are a teenager. Right? undecided
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Hedonisco: 6:32pm On Feb 26
This is a huge deal. Super proud of Don Jazzy. He has been doing very well for a long time but safe to say he is 'finally rich' now.

No way he isn't pocketing a minimum of $15m-$20m USD cash from this deal.

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by DenreleDave(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26
LegendHero:

eyah.. How I go fit send u msg like this, bàbà?
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Tranquility2345: 6:33pm On Feb 26
faceland:
They have been successful for more than 15 years. Impressive track record.

Not up to 15 years. About 12 years…

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by DenreleDave(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26
LegendHero:

Báwo mo ṣe lè reach yín bayi
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Tranquility2345: 6:37pm On Feb 26
Hedonisco:
This is a huge deal. Super proud of Don Jazzy. He has been doing very well for a long time but safe to say he is 'finally rich' now.

No way he isn't pocketing a minimum of $15m-$20m USD cash from this deal.

I hear it’s close to 100m ooo
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Hedonisco: 6:40pm On Feb 26
Tranquility2345:

I hear it’s close to 100m ooo

Are you serious? Well, after all the cuts and deductions that will go to facilitators, partners, taxes, lawyers etc, he could get up to $40m. That's still massive. He deserves it.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Magnumproperty: 6:46pm On Feb 26
Irupetepete:
dbanj was greedy, he messed himself up
Not really. Everyone is entitled to his or her personal decision. And remember that twenty children cannot play for twenty years.

1 Like

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by lastkingsman: 6:50pm On Feb 26
airsaylongcome:

Universal Music aren't fools. They would have gotten a contract in place that limits him from starting a competitor within a specific time frame

"Smart moves" in Sabinus voice 😁
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by BodyCount: 6:53pm On Feb 26
FeliciaOja:

Mo hits is finished

The rest was history

Dear mo run, stop spilling trash.
There's time for everything in life. 2face used to be one of the biggest artist in Africa few years back, he is still that relevant?
And for D'banj, he's still a successful artist till date.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by btaliat(m): 6:55pm On Feb 26
Rema is not under Mavin Records, though.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by rayopt(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26
Great news for Don Jazzy. Those Jews are slowly getting ready to fish in the Nigerian market. Make nobody sha complain of the events that will unfold later on.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by bnanny: 7:03pm On Feb 26
TundeEdnut35:
Don jazzy is not igbo he is of urhobo descent stopping capping Nonsense
Hahahaha thanks for correcting the naive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by Teeklef(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26
udeh3:

Can't we just talk without relating it to tribalism or region? In addition, getting facts right is important for public education. Don Jazzy is not from the east. He's from the south, I mean South South, Isoko, Delta State

Congratulations to the Genius!
You never hear of attachee by force before abi🏃‍♂️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by koning: 7:04pm On Feb 26
DARLINGTON869:
I think what Don jazzy wants to do is cash out big time. Then later on, he will go ahead an float another record label.

There will be no need for that. He still has complete controle of MARVIN records.

The label remains Marvin.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by emerged01(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26
DARLINGTON869:
You think so? If you were in their shoe wont you put a clause to stop him for number of years?
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by timay1: 7:14pm On Feb 26
Emmexguy123:
Don Jazzy is truly a business man.
He knew that after Rema, it will be hard to raise another hit star.

Don jazzy will discover another set of hit makers after Arena and co.

we all thought the same thing when the set of the likes of Tiwa savage, Korede, Reekado banks etc left. He came back stinger with Arya Star, Rema etc.
Re: Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavins Records by 2DADDEY: 7:14pm On Feb 26
LastProphet:

Very true you can't take it from Ibos, they are great in business though they also add lots of criminality but not all of them. People like Coscharis has my complete respect because I'm familiar with his dealings. His grass to grace story is authentic. Don Jazzy is one of the wisest people of his generation
Lol Don jazzy is Isoko na him mother be Igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. / Lyrics: Awww By Di'ja | Naija Lyrics Zone / Track By Two Of The Uniport Students Lynched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.