Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79875 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
talina:

Ok,waiting for nominated coordinator
Have you got paypal?
If yes can Mr Resisitor please PM the kind hearted lady the paypal handle.

chaircover:

Home  smiley
Eku igbadun
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
Please you guys shouldn't fail to give the wife money of her own since that's what they want ,even though its going to be without his knowledge , his making me think he wants to run away, but I pray not  
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
F* *kup! Now we have an idea why he's still under that bridge.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
talina:

Ok,waiting for nominated coordinator

You've been PMed!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
I just registered with payapl.Havnt used it before smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
It's annoying. This is why I personally look very well before assisting.

This couples' attitude is sickening.

In an case, I suggest we go ahead with the contributions. We get news of the needy on regular basis on NL here, especially those needing money for hospital surgeries. We can be on the look out for that, or better still go give a genuine motherless babies home in December, as jay bee suggested.

We can even go ahead to have a Nairaland foundation, where, within our modest means, we will be giving such assistance from time to time.

If we can raise 800k on Nairaland here to do radio jingles for a presidential candidate earlier this year, we should also be able to help the needy, if our leaders are not doing their job.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
@oAM4J,I deliberately kept my distance from this thread today cos Nigerians have a way of making an 1diot out of a sane person.
Yesterday,I sent my driver to the Obuh's,he called me from there,I spoke to Mr Obuh and he confirmed the accomodation story and their possibly relocation to Ayobo today to me.
This morning,I sent him again to see if they've moved and possibly drive them down(and know the place as me and Olowetee intends visiting on Sunday) and guess what?He met there still @ under bridge and with a new song.
Mr Obuh(I spoke with him on phone) said the good samaritan took them to a room and parlour ensuite kitchenette and washroom at AYobo and wanted to pay a year rent for them but he(Monday Obuh) declined the offer cos he felt he wont be able to maintain the house on expiry.

ps:I'm mobile
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
ifyalways:

@oAM4J,I deliberately kept my distance from this thread today cos Nigerians have a way of making an 1diot out of a sane person.
Yesterday,I sent my driver to the Obuh's,he called me from there,I spoke to Mr Obuh and he confirmed the accomodation story and their possibly relocation to Ayobo today to me.
This morning,I sent him again to see if they've moved and possibly drive them down(and know the place as me and Olowetee intends visiting on Sunday) and guess what?He met there still @ under bridge and with a new song.
Mr Obuh(I spoke with him on phone) said the good samaritan took them to a room and parlour ensuite kitchenette and washroom at AYobo and wanted to pay a year rent for them but he(Monday Obuh) declined the offer cos he felt he wont be able to maintain the house on expiry.

I daresay Okija juju proven right angry
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
ifyalways:

so in other words your saying what he did was right?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Natasha,,:

so in other words your saying what he did was right?

Read ify's post again. You are missing something
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
Na wa o. Me sef don tire for this couple. A begger with choice, a hunter chasing two animals at the same time, a man stuffing food into his mouth with both hands. Na the babe sef I dey pity.
@Jarus, i'm getting too envious at this your campaign o. Always making me know my CV is substandard. Shooree o!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^^^^ He was indeed and it is situatons like this that make people wary of having any sympathy for genuine needy cases.

Anyway the money I paid was for Mr Obuh and since he no longer needs it, can I have my money back please as I am sure that it can be used on someone that actually needs it. I have loads of people I know personally that can do with some assistance.

Ify I beg no vex jare. The go slow on that road alone is fire and I know how important time is in Lagos. God bless you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
naijababe:

Read ify's post again. You are missing something
oh I see Ify I'm sorry

BTW you guys shouldn't take your money back please, why not keep it for future use? the Bible says the needy will never seize from the face of the earth maybe this has happened because there's someone out there who needs help probably more than this mister Obuh I suggest the money be kept and not taken back
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
@Natasha:
Ok
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
This email confirms that you have received a donation of £48.00 GBP from rg
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
Odunnu:

@Natasha:
Ok
k  cheesy
Odunnu:

Na wa o. Me sef don tire for this couple. A begger with choice, a hunter chasing two animals at the same time, a man stuffing food into his mouth with both hands. Na the babe sef I dey pity for
@Jarus, i'm getting too envious at this your campaign o. Always making me know my CV is substandard. Shooree o!
Exactly I'm sure if it was just the wife she would have moved in long ago, this would have been very good for her and her health at least her baby would be born in good condition and would spend his/her tender age in a nice environment , the guy is wicked sha
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
Contd.
So Mr Obuh said he suggested they go get a single room,something he's sure of maintaining and finally,they got a single room at the outskirt of Ayobo.I then instructed my driver to still wait and convey them to the house as me and Olowotee intends visiting on sunday but to my chargin,my driver said they don't seem to like the idea as they were taking their time to pack and unpack.After waiting for close to an hour,I instructed him to come back but not without arranging with Mr Obuh to come back on sunday noon @ Cele bus stop to come wait for me(I assumed they wud leave later today) so I can go know the place(and pick Olowotee too)I shared this information with Olowotee and that was around 10 am today.

Sincerely,from the moment they refused leaving with my driver,I grew weak and sceptical,not to mention the risk of going to "an outskirt of Ayobo".

Any other Nlder can go meet Mr. Obuh on sunday(im sure he wud be there) cos for me,I have logged off his case esp with this latest PM news.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
My people, let us not be weary of well-doing, God is counting it onto us. Let us think about his son. If he thinks he wants to continue leaving under bridge, then the son needs a decent home to grow in, better he is taken to a foster home, where there would be a roof over his head and he is sure of going to school. If the wife is still interested in a petty trade, then good for her, if not, it is their wahala. But the child needs a good home.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Johndoe100(m): 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2011
Odunnu:

Lots of people were pointing these things out through out the thread. The "mob" shouted them down.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
ifyalways:

Thank you Ifyalways.

What do you reckon we do with him at the stage with this new development? I ask because you have met him, listened to him and can assess him better.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
ronkebp:

My people, let us not be weary of well-doing, God is counting it onto us. Let us think about his son. If he thinks he wants to continue leaving under bridge, then the son needs a decent home to grow in, better he is taken to a foster home, where there would be a roof over his head and he is sure of going to school. If the wife is still interested in a petty trade, then good for her, if not, it is their wahala. But the child needs a good home.
How do we go about rescuing the child?
Involve social services?

Mr Obuh's case has turned into one of a beggar with choice so i don't blame him.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
ifyalways:

Contd.
So Mr Obuh said he suggested they go get a single room,something he's sure of maintaining and finally,they got a single room at the outskirt of Ayobo.I then instructed my driver to still wait and convey them to the house as me and Olowotee intends visiting on sunday but to my chargin,my driver said they don't seem to like the idea as they were taking their time to pack and unpack.After waiting for close to an hour,I instructed him to come back but not without arranging with Mr Obuh to come back on sunday noon @ Cele bus stop to come wait for me(I assumed they wud leave later today) so I can go know the place(and pick Olowotee too)I shared this information with Olowotee and that was around 10 am today.

Sincerely,from the moment they refused leaving with my driver,I grew weak and sceptical,not to mention the risk of going to "an outskirt of Ayobo".

Any other Nlder can go meet Mr. Obuh on sunday(im sure he wud be there) cos for me,I have logged off his case esp with this latest PM news.

Now i get the whole picture.

Thank you my sister. God bless you.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
My empathy still goes to the wife(she seems like a good woman,dunno why she is holding on to that man) and the little boy.

Too bad.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
jay bee:

Involve social services?

Mr Obuh's case has turned into one of a beggar with choice so i don't blame him.

If they would help, that would be great, but as long as the (mr obuh and co) know that their son would be taken care of by the government. at least that is ''tout minus one''.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Johndoe100(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2011
jay bee:

Involve social services?

Now you guys want to punish him? Just give him the money you collected for him and his family.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
I refused to comment on this thread earlier on because my mind really did not feel the need to help this man. I showed my hubby this thread and told him that I'd like to help the family but I am not really getting the vibe to help them. Now I know why. God have mercy on his wife and son

I believe in giving to people but I would rather give to someone my spirit accepts than do otherwise.

All the best people
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
Johndoe100:

Now you guys want to punish him? Just give him the money you collected for him and his family.
duhhhhhh, you quoted me outta context.
My reply was in response to ronkebp's post hence the ? at the end of each point.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
Chaircover,
Were you(or your rep) the one that paid the 10,000 into my a/c from Ojodu?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
Odunnu:

ifyalways:

My empathy still goes to the wife(she seems like a good woman,dunno why she is holding on to that man) and the little boy.

Too bad.

Some people's problem are more spiritual than physical and until you solve the spiritual problem, no physical solution will work. I suspect such is the case of this man.

My empathy to the wife and kid too.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2011
^lol actually I was thinking his is mental
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
Hi Jarus, Yes I was the one. Since it has been established that Mr Obuh no longer needs the money can you find a way or returning the money please.

As per the wife and kid, I dont think that there is much you can do if the head of the house refuses to do anything and the wife is hopelessly in love with hubby. So Lets not divide this already suffering family.

With hindsight, I dont really recall this man actually asking for anything in particular. We were the ones guessing what his requirements were.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
This is another disturbing story. i will not support the handling raw cash over to him. alternatively we will donate that money to an orphanage home. heaven knows we 've done our best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply)

Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Policemen Brutalise Eight-month Pregnant Woman: Delivers Baby Prematurely (Pic) / Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.