Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79872 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
@Ifyalways and Olowotee: Dont for any reason go back in search of that man again before he calls the police on you claiming you guys have diverted all the cash meant for him.
To this Obuh guy N100k looks like N1B
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
My question is this, is ther no way the child and the pregnant woman can taken away from him? He is just punishing them with his mantal disorder.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Errm Freibuger, if you get liver, you may go take them away or organise the taking away but please, whatever you do, leave ifyalways out. She's too precious to me. Lol.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Natasha2(f): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
Odunnu:

@Ifyalways and Olowotee: Dont for any reason go back in search of that man again before he calls the police on you claiming you guys have diverted all the cash meant for him.
To this Obuh guy N100k looks like N1B
lmao Odunnu anyways you're right I think his not in the right state of mental health or is it poverty that has blinded him?

@chaircover awww don't do that please the money could be used to help someone else
@freiburger yes oh me too I don't think its a good idea
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sad
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
@ Madam Chaircover . . . No need getting the money back, there are more people out there that we could give a great Christmas . . . BTW, how is uncle Chaircover . . . .respect
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Freiburger:

My question is this, is ther no way the child and the pregnant woman can taken away from him? He is just punishing them with his mantal disorder.

Not in naija cheesy
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
in doing this kind of thing, people should set things in order. rehabilitation is very important as he has been there for a while and his mind is wired. he need to be told how things will go, this is what we are going to do this year, next year this eg we pay or we will give you a job and then you can afford to pay etc

with pple just giving him this help right away without proper rehab, there won't be success as we are seeing now. the guy is afraid of the future. he should be made to know that things will be okay
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
@r231
Terrible. The fact that the man is mantally ill is not a reason why his family should be exposed to that kind of a dangerous environment
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2011
armyofone:

in doing this kind of thing, people should set things in order. rehabilitation is very important as he has been there for a while and his mind is wired. he need to be told how things will go, this is what we are going to do this year, next year this eg we pay or we will give you a job and then you can afford to pay etc

with pple just giving him this help right away without proper rehab, there won't be success as we are seeing now. the guy is afraid of the future. he should be made to know that things will be okay

you Just made a point.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
his mind will be telling him, if you go now, another person will pick this place and if you dont have money to pay at the new home, they will send you out you know lagos landlord eh?

something like the above will be going through his mind.

a proper discusssion should have been made with him. put a little fear at the onset that if you don't leave here, they government will send police and they will take your wife and kid from you.
all these right from the onset so he is better equip to make the best decision. but when it started with we will give you this and that, our friend not sure anymore, he is been there done that before kinda thing.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
armyofone:

you took this out of my mouth.

we are only concerned about moving him from his wretched shed to a proper house. has anyone actually told mr obuh he would be given some tangible sum to open a shop where he can make daily income? if he knows there's income to be made from this, he wouldn't be so scared of the future. let's not concentrate too much on the accommodation!

give a man a fish and you have not helped him. tell a man how to fish and you have solved his worries.
ifyalways, you have come this far. you just don't give up on people especially a man like mr obuh who must be thinking he's dreaming with all these mouth-watering offers coming his way. a man that has wined and dined with poverty for eons will find it hard to believe his life is about to change.

let's take it easy with him.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
@armyofone
The Guy needed a 100,000 bucks. What was he going to do with the money? From your experience, could he be probably into drugs?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
I think we are missing a point:

WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES TRYING TO HELP HIM.

We thought we were, hence this movement.

So far, i'm counting:

1. Chaz B
2. The UK man
3. The ATM woman
4. We
5. Many many others

the man must have been getting offers from people daily.

WHY DIDNT HE TELL IFY (UNTIL IT WAS TIME TO MOVE HIM from his office)?

He was trying to maximise the situation.

If we dont help him, others will/have.

If we help him .  .  .  ?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
doing drug could be a possibility. him head must be correct or not correct to live where he currently is. that's why rehab should have been good.  
i think if the standard has been set all along, he wouldn't have gotten his expectation so high.

the first talk all along should not have involved quote 'we will give'

anyway, it will be good to continue. let him know they will rent the place for one year and give him money for business, help his preg wife with hospital and kid with sch and see what happen from there. overly poor person is wired differently.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
So he doesnt want charity, I dont blame him.

I've said it from the beginning, he needs a job. Not handout money.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
yes lol who wouldn't? grin

i think NL group should just keep an eye on the issue and help if others are not doing as planned/additional help. by then the man will come to his sense.

has the chaz b moved him yet? what's the wait for on that side?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2011
ebony,
beggar for florida no get choice? grin
poverty can make people not think right.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
armyofone:

ebony,
beggar for florida no get choice? grin
poverty can make people not think right.

Some ppl have dignity.
Money runs out. If there's a source of money (i.e Job) , then the help is more long-term.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by armyofone(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
maybe that's why he is asking for hardcash, to do business?.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
Like yamakuza rightly said he is trying to make the best out of the whole situation. Well stupidity also sells.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
He will end up loosing big time, see person wey need help dey get choice!!!!! my concern is that his son, Nigeria has to step up their game and start collecting children from parents who abuse their children in any form, that!!! right there!!! is ''child abuse''. Any sane person, would hug the idea of getting a roof over his head by all means, especially when the money is coming from other peoples' pocket.

He is looking for the ''highest'' provider>>>>>>> he wants the money in his hands so that he can divert the money into something else.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
armyofone:

maybe that's why he is asking for hardcash, to do business?.

He is asking for hardcash so that he will use it to snuff taaba!! and drink to stupor!!!! We should let the man off the 'helping case' now and think of the wife and child. lets get the roof on their heads. lets ask the woman what she really wants, the man no lomger has a say in this.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
The woman is very foolish, IMO.
Na love dey make someone dull like this?
Dont she know that if her husband cares for her and her 2 children (one still in the belly), he'd do all he can to provide for them?

She's too foolish to realize that she's the one doing all the work. He gives her like what? N65 for purewater business. She's the one that brings in the real money, while slaving outside in the pure hot sun to sell purewater.

What a very foolish woman.

I think some women enjoy poverty and shame. Then she goes and opens her unwashed azz so that he can pour more Fluid into her. If common sense was so common, she's have thought about how her lazy husband can hardly provide for her and the son she already has.

You guys should leave them alone. If her family can't change her mind, you guys cant.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Johndoe100(m): 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
It is becoming clearer that you people never really wanted to help the family without strings attached (you decide everything for them), all you were intrested in was to play "god " with the guy's life.
Someone asked what he would do with 100k, he will rent a 1000 naira shanty where they pay per person in the room and use the rest to level himself. That is most likely what he wants. It is truly amazing how the true motivations of we 9igerians are brought to the fore when we cannot tell people what to do. Morally you people are bound to use the money collected to help the familly, I don't understand why the man wanting his own priorities makes him any more insane than anyone posting here.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by UyiIredia(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dont she know that if her husband cares for her and her 2 children (one still in the belly), he'd do all he can to provide for them?

She's too foolish to realize that she's the one doing all the work. He gives her like what? N65 for purewater business. She's the one that brings in the real money, while slaving outside in the pure hot sun to sell purewater.

I think some women enjoy poverty and shame. Then she goes and opens her unwashed azz so that he can pour more Fluid into her. If common sense was so common, she's have thought about how her lazy husband can hardly provide for her and the son she already has.

You guys should leave them alone. If her family can't change her mind, you guys cant.

a puerile comment. Seeing that it will be irresponsible for the woman to leave a husband who has been trying to find work but hasn't got one. If they persist (or some Good Samaritan comes to their aid) things will look up for them.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Chaircover,
I'll PM you an email address or mobile no to send the account details I will remit your money back into tomorrow. Accessing NL from phone now, can't PM.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
Honestly, this man has been extremely lucky as far as I can see, with offers coming here and there. I have actually seen many worse cases(like needing paltry money for urgent surgery) that didn't get this kind of help offers.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
Johndoe100:

It is becoming clearer that you people never really wanted to help the family without strings attached (you decide everything for them), all you were intrested in was to play "god " with the guy's life.
Someone asked what he would do with 100k, he will rent a 1000 naira shanty where they pay per person in the room and use the rest to level himself. That is most likely what he wants. It is truly amazing how the true motivations of we 9igerians are brought to the fore when we cannot tell people what to do. Morally you people are bound to use the money collected to help the familly, I don't understand why the man wanting his own priorities makes him any more insane than anyone posting here.

You are very wrong. what are the strings attached? ensuring that out main objectives are fufilled?will you expect to see this family under the same bridge after handling the money over to him?
The man has got better offers that was more that the 100K. I was wondering what he was going to do with the money when he had better offers.
I don't know who is in insane here, so you expect ppl to donate money and hand it over to him so he can and continue with the same priorities that let him to this predicament. However you are free to say what you like it's a free world.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Freiburger(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Jarus:

Chaircover,
I'll PM you an email address or mobile no to send the account details I will remit your money back into tomorrow. Accessing NL from phone now, can't PM.
I don't think there should be any need for that. A NL charity organisation is about to be launched, and there are lots of ppl that are in a more desperate situation. and we ain't slowing down or turning back.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
Freiburger:

I don't think there should be any need for that. A NL charity organisation is about to be launched, and there are lots of ppl that are in a more desperate situation. and we ain't slowing down or turning back.

I do agree with the part of no need to get the money back, but about the NL Charity Organization, she is yet to specify if she wanna be a member.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I think some women enjoy poverty and shame. Then she goes and  opens her unwashed azz so that he can pour more Fluid into her. If common sense was so common, she's have thought about how her lazy husband can hardly provide for her and the son she already has.

Come back and contribute to this thread when you've grown up. Mtchew!!!

Personally, i am undecided if I want to hand over any money now given the new development, I say we go with armyofone's suggestion and go from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (45) (Reply)

Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Policemen Brutalise Eight-month Pregnant Woman: Delivers Baby Prematurely (Pic) / Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.