Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79534 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
As at Sunday November 20 :

ifyalways:

Please people this family needs help,cash,kind and most especially prayers.
I have never seen this kind of wickedness before,Good God.

I wish the so-called UK guy that got them "an apartment" reads this,I hope Linda Ikeji reads this,Mr Ayodeji of PM news sees this and every other blogger out there,God the heart of man is extremely wicked.

Tomorrow,I would be posting the so-called pictures of "apartmet" reported to be rented for Mr Obuh.A place that can be best described as a pen(NO jokes) right in the center of nowhere(bushes) with no electricity or water,the under bridge is a castle when compared to the so-called apartment.

Im driving home and posting via mobile so I'd be updating in bits.

As at Thurday November 24 :

OlowoTee:

Update: Today, we paid for Monday's accomodation, a single room apartment here in Lagos. We also tried to furnish the room with a 4:8mattress, cooking stove, pots, babychair, paints and brush, bathing sponge, spoons, serving plates, ceiling fan, 2buckets, carpets, 100litre water container etc. Now, Monday is off to pick his wife to their new apartment while Ifyalways and yours trully return to our different homessmiley till tomorrow. Monday sends his appreciations to everyone.

#we look forward to getting more items for them, enrol the kid in a school, get the woman registered for her ante-natals etc and, also rent them a shop as outlined in our budget. Hence, we look forward to more donations from everyone with a good heart.
Once again, on behalf of the family and Ifyalways, we say thank you!

Glad to hear this !
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
To all is may concern, sorry about the delay as i promised to send my donation a day before yesterday or yesterday but i wasn't chance enough to do that but i have done it today about 1 hour ago.

God bless you all as you help the family out of this mess.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2011
H$LBroker:

To all is may concern, sorry about the delay as i promised to send my donation a day before yesterday or yesterday but i wasn't chance enough to do that but i have done it today about 1 hour ago.

God bless you all as you help the family out of this mess.

We got it sir. . . . thanx God Bless
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
Jarus:

Good one, OlowoTee and Ifyalways. May God reward you for your efforts.
Wish I was part of these good gestures physically. My place to that end is just too far, esp with the crazy Egbeda/Iyana Ipaja traffic I experienced last time.

I just received another 10k alert, bringing Total Naija Contribution to 176,000. 90k already in use.

one of the 10k's should be mine, i asked my sister to deposit that into your account today.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
Today,On this very day,Mr Obuh and family would be sleeping in a secured enviroment,their own home,on new beds(they removed the leather themselves),eat from new pots,plates and spoon,roll as much as they want,bathe properly,smell fresh,feel good and relate with normal people.No more conversations with Snakes and scorpions.lol

A very big thank you to everyone of us.We all made this happen.

Pictures of the Obuhs in their new home would be coming in morrow.House is been repainted now plus they are still packing in,fixing and arranging their home.

Tonite,Im sure the Obuhs wud be doing "touchdown" in a brand new styleeee.LOL

1 Like

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
Breakdown of spending so far. . . . . .

I and Mr obuh went shopping. I did not pay for room yet as olowotee has not arrived.
Prices changed and I forgot some important things in my earlier list.

We got today:

Ceiling fan: 2500

2 pillows: 1800

Carpet , 6 yards:3000

Paint and brush: 1150

Pots and stove: 6000

Mouka foam:11000

1 toddler seat: 800

A dozen spoon: 300

Plates: 1000

Bucket with cover: 250

Mini water reservoir: 1700

Camphor: 150

Bathing sponge: 100

Big GHANA must go bag: 500

Broom, packer: 600

Roll of bathing soap: 700

Gave Monday 1000 to go pick the wife and son from ayobo.

Agent form:1000

Transportation of loads:1200

Olowotee joined us at the market then we went to see the new room and pay. We paid:

2000 * 12=24000

Commission=12000

Agreement=12000

Damages fee= 2000

Total spent today= 84750

Cash at hand =5250

Things we still need:
House would be wired plus fixing of ceiling fan: 3000
Curtain: 3500
2 plastic chairs: 3000
Rechargeable lantern and radio: 2500
Foodstuff:5000

I hope I'm not forgeting anything

THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN

AS THIS FAMILY IS SMILING NOW THAT IS HOW GOD WILL PUT SMILE ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES FACE IJN cheesy grin cheesy

Please we are still accepting donation towards the shop and other
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by mischi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2011
hi guys, I would like to contribute by paypal,please email me the details to mmary3213@yahoo.co.uk. I dont have a paypal acct but I will open one to donate.cheers
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2011
Great update . . . And Amen to that prayer oh.
We should do this often
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
It really is Thanksgiving today for the Obuhs, I am so happy for them. Thanks to everyone who contributed and a very special thanks to the organisers  smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by sheriffman(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
MAY GOD BLESS AND REPLENISH ALL THOSE DAT VE CONTRIBUTED TO MAKING THIS HAPPEN ALSO TO THE VERY PERSON DAT BROUGHT THIS TOPIC UP AND D 1ST PERSON DAT SUGGESTED WE DON SOMETHING 4 THEM.MAY BABA GOD ANSWER ALL UR PRAYERS BEYOND UR EXPECTATIONS.MORE DONATIONS NEEDED PLS
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
mischi:

hi guys, I would like to contribute by paypal,please email me the details to mmary3213@yahoo.co.uk. I dont have a paypal acct but I will open one to donate.cheers

got it thanx
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2011
Pmt Alert

PayPal balance: £350.59 GBP = N90,101,63

Balance in Naija a/c now: N176,000.00
- N90,000.00 (1yr Rent & Furnish)
------------------
N86,000.00

Meanwhile, we still welcome more donations to set up the shop and others
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tboy1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2011
@ r231
I am trying buzz you on IM so i can get the paypal details. Can you send your email address or ping me on YIM
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
tboy1:

@ r231
I am trying buzz you on IM so i can get the paypal details. Can you send your email address or ping me on YIM

you got mail
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tboy1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
r231:

you got mail

Done. Please let me know if you've received it
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
tboy1:

Done. Please let me know if you've received it

got it sir . . . . nice one
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
Pmt Alert

PayPal balance: £446.99 GBP = N114,876,93

------------------
N86,000.00

Meanwhile, we still welcome more donations to set up the shop and others
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tboy1(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2011
r231:

got it sir . . . . nice one

Thanks for the update and thanks to all those involved in organizing this charity
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2011
Thank God, am so glad for the Obuhs, God bless you guys, Ify, R231, Oam4j, Jarus and evry one who have donated, I know they would be so relieved. God bless them.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
Pics pls?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
jay bee:

Pics pls?

tomorrow cheesy
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
This is great news! Im so happy for the Obuhs!
Thank you,thankyou for everyones effort.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
One of the 10,000s paid today is confirmed to be by RonkeBP's sister on her behalf. Another by one person with depositor name starting with 'R' but NL I'd unknown.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
Jarus:

One of the 10,000s paid today is confirmed to be by RonkeBP's sister on her behalf. Another by one person with depositor name starting with 'R' but NL I'd unknown.

Good i was beginning to think she has used my money to buy credit on her phone, cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2011
Jarus:

The other person should be H$LBroker

ronkebp:

Good i was beginning to think she has used my money to buy credit on her phone,  cool cool cool cool cool

Thank you Ronke, You sister is a good girl, we got the money. cheesy

@ALL

To all who have contributed. We thank you. And May God bless you.

Our desire is that by the end of next week, Mr Obuh and family will not only have a home of their home but a decent job as well.

We still need more donations please, we are trying to get them a small shop and also equip it with some 'provisions'.

God bless you as you donate towards this.

We will upload the pictures of the progress made so far by tomorrow
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2011
PayPal balance:   £446.99 GBP  = N114,876,43

------------------
                                               N86,000.00

We still need more donations please, we are trying to get them a small shop and also equip it with some 'provisions'.

God bless you as you donate towards this.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by LadyT(f): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
Well done guys God bless
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Egbagirl(f): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2011
This is really good news! Thank you to all who pushed for this to happen! this is really awesome. Merci à tout le monde. Que Dieu vous bénisse.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Radiant(f): 1:37am On Nov 25, 2011
From pit to palace  cheesy

You guys don't even know how excited I am for this family. I'm sure they're really shocked at how fast things are moving for them.

I'm yet to make my own donation but I'm really amazed at other people's response. Absolutely beautiful hearts. People are even begging to contribute. God's blessings on everyone.

The Organisers, you all are terrific! Working back to back to make this family see the light at the end of their tunnel. Leaving all you had to do just to see that this family settles in a safe and comfortable place they can call a proper home. I can even tell you're excited for this family from your posts  cheesy Great is your reward! May God remember you in your own time of need. A time when everyone passes you by, may He send help speedily. Amen.

Well done guys!  smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by 195(f): 2:20am On Nov 25, 2011
r231 would ping you tomorrow evening via BB smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
10k confirmed from depositor FTM (Nairaland ID unknown yet).
12,200 wired to Ifyalways to augment the 90,000 earlier sent, as supplementary for the basic needs being catered for in addition to rent paid.

TOTAL CONTRIBUTION IN NAIJA:                        186,000
AMOUNT SPENT ON RENT + BASIC FURNISHING:   -102,200
BALANCE AS PER NAIJA A/C                                   83,800

BREAKDOWN OF NAIJA A/C CONTRIBUTIONS
1, Charcover - 10k
2, 9ijaman - 10k
3, Phemmy - 10k
4, Militia Dewdrops - 15k
5, Firearm - 3k
6, Anonymous - 5k
7, Joagbaje -100k
8, RonkeBp - 10k
9, Sheriffman - 3k
10, H&L Brokers - 10k
11, FTmom - 10k
TOTAL: 186K
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.