Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79445 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by maki(f): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2011
SimonTemp:

Jarus, Ifyalways, OAM4J and r231 - great job and well done.

Well done also to everybody that has contributed.

The idea of the shop for the family is great. But I'd like to suggest that Mrs. Obuh be in charge of the shop while we work on getting Mr. Obuh a job (even if it's a handy man kind of job). That way the family will not be restricted to only one source of income.

true talk, i tot keke was meant to be bought for him, anyway hand-work should be considered while he is doing his keke duties,
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 10:55am On Dec 01, 2011
maki:

true talk, i tot keke was meant to be bought for him, anyway hand-work should be considered while he is doing his keke duties,

sorry whats that
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2011
I think that Mr Obuh needs to be empowered too as the man of the house. His wife will soon put to bed and she may not have time to go to the market to buy stock for her shop or be able to look after the shop especially with a new young baby.
It is not too good for a relationship if a man has to completely rely on money made by his wife.

I think the Okada business is way too risky but I am sure that by the time people sit down & brainstorm with Mr Obuh, other options will materialize, even if it means that he has to retrain or be an apprentice; Tailoring, painting, tiling, AC installation/repair etc shouldn’t take him too long to learn and he will be able to catch his own fish.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any shape or form be it money, prayers, support etc. You have all helped this family and their generations to come. That boy going to school alone has shaped the course of that boy’s life. He may end up being the doctor that will treat us one day.

Who also knows, that newborn baby that Mrs Obuh is carrying could have died from disease or infection under the bridge. You have all done/doing a great thing. God bless you all  kiss
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2011
SimonTemp:

Jarus, Ifyalways, OAM4J and r231 - great job and well done.

Well done also to everybody that has contributed.

The idea of the shop for the family is great. But I'd like to suggest that Mrs. Obuh be in charge of the shop while we work on getting Mr. Obuh a job (even if it's a handy man kind of job). That way the family will not be restricted to only one source of income.

We initially thought along the same line but paused cos. . .Mrs Obuh is "not too fit"(not pregnancy) to handle the shop.She alone cannot man or handle the shop.
The hubby said she has hearing issues,moreso she aint the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to counting or handling money.
So the husby mans the shop fully while mrs takes care of the homefront and assist too.We can however look into enrolling her as an apprentice to learn something else like cake making,tailoring,hair dressing . . .that is,if she would be interested.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by DBestDoc(f): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2011
Jst paid in a little token in2 jarus's acct.by Queen.
god bless u all 4 ur efforts
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by DBestDoc(f): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2011
God bless u all 4 ur efforts
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2011
D_BestDoc:

God bless u all 4 your efforts

Thanx

Gpd Bless
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2011
That’s good. Great work ify
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by maki(f): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2011
r231:

sorry whats that

i think they call it keke marwa in lagos, (tricycle for transportation)
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by DBestDoc(f): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2011
chaircover:

I think that Mr Obuh needs to be empowered as the man of the house. His wife will soon put to bed and may not have time to go to the market to buy stock for her shop as often as she will like & have time to look after the shop and it is not too good for a relationship if a man has to completely rely on money made by his wife.

I think the Okada business is way too risky but I am sure that by the time people sit down & brainstorm with Mr Obuh, other options will materialize, even if it means that he has to retrain or be an apprentice; Tailoring, painting, tiling, AC installation/repair etc shouldn’t take him too long to learn and he will be able to catch his own fish.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any shape or form be it money, prayers, support etc. You have all helped this family and their generations to come. That boy going to school alone has shaped the course of that boy’s life. He may end up being the doctor that will treat us one day.

Who also knows, that newborn baby that Mrs Obuh is carrying could have died from disease or infection under the bridge. You have all done/doing a great thing. God bless you all  kiss

You got me shedding some tears.Thank u all great Nairalanders
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
maki:

i think they call it keke marwa in lagos, (tricycle for transportation)

oh

well we concluded on that long time ago that its too much stress and also police issue
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by evalasthn: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
Just deposited some money through bank transfer. God bless you guys.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
evalasthn:

Just deposited some money through bank transfer. God bless you guys.

Thank you

God Bless
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Fhemmmy: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
Still loving the plans . . . .
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
ifyalways:

We initially thought along the same line but paused cos. . .Mrs Obuh is "not too fit"(not pregnancy) to handle the shop.She alone cannot man or handle the shop.
The hubby said she has hearing issues,moreso she aint the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to counting or handling money.
So the husby mans the shop fully while mrs takes care of the homefront and assist too.We can however look into enrolling her as an apprentice to learn something else like cake making,tailoring,hair dressing . . .that is,if she would be interested.

Ok, since the woman is not capable of handling the shop, the man should just be in full charge, makes sense. But would the shop be enough for them to be paying their house rents as time goes on?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
BREAKDOWN OF NAIJA A/C CONTRIBUTIONS TO DATE
1, Charcover - 10k
2, 9ijaman - 10k
3, Phemmy - 10k
4, Militia Dewdrops - 15k
5, Firearm - 3k
6, Anonymous - 5k
7, Joagbaje -100k
8, RonkeBp - 10k
9, Sheriffman - 3k
10, H&L Brokers - 10k
11, FTmom - 10k
12, Vicjustice - 10k
13, Gabng - 10k
14, Initials BAA - 10k
15,Web Extreme Concept - 2k
16, Initials AGT - 5k
17, Initials FOS - 5k
18, Initials AH - 5k
19, Initials OACT - 20K
20, Initial EMN - 3k
21, Igbonla - 25k
22, Initials NVC - 10k
23, Bernard James - 5k
24, Oyinmama - 10k
25, Initials AOA - 10k
26, Joy2theworld - 2.5k
27, Unidentified(ATM/POS transfer) - 1k
28, OAM4J ($100) - 16k
29, bfire - 10k
30, A-zed - 1k
31, Jamace - 10k
32, Anonymous - 10k
33, Docjuli - 1k
34, Initials KSS - 10k
35, Initials UA - 2k
36, Initials AO - 5K
TOTAL DONATIONS TO DATE 384,500
Used to Date(Ify reporting details) 314,000
BALANCE(4:30 PM; 01/12/11) 70,500

Signed:
Jarus
Fund custodian
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by iaabc(f): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
If properly managed I believe it can suffice and hopefully it will get bigger too.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Thelstan(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is the best thread I have ever seen on Nairaland!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by 2mch(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
Wow, Very impressive. I pray God meets all of you at your point of need and replenishes you greatly. One question though, how is it that no matter where they live they have access to muscle shirt (Adidas and emirates). grin grin grin cheesy. Its just a joke. Make una lighten up. cheesy. I wish them the best and i hope they take advantage of this opportunity. It is a relief to see the pregnant woman and child have a roof over their head. But this woman na ride or die chick o. Hopefully Mr. Obuh does not leave her with his sudden wealth. lipsrsealed
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Eberay(f): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hi Nairalanders, jarius, OAM4J, and co, u guys did a good and impressive job on the Obuhs and God will richly bless u all. ma way of supporting is to bring exposure and enlightenment tru the media and I am glad to inform u guys the write up I did on the Obuhs will be published 2morrow. U can get a copy of THISDAY Newspaper there u find the story under the City Strings, God Bless us all.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
Awesome!!!
Atleast Thisday go chop many nairalanders money tomorrow.lol
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^^Lol
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
Na true nah, then they should even dash some money to the Obuhs for the huge sales I foresee tomorrow
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
Eberay:

Hi Nairalanders, jarius, OAM4J, and co, u guys did a good and impressive job on the Obuhs and God will richly bless u all. ma way of supporting is to bring exposure and enlightenment tru the media and I am glad to inform u guys the write up I did on the Obuhs will be published 2morrow. U can get a copy of THISDAY Newspaper there u find the story under the City Strings, God Bless us all.

madam, we are still waiting for the email

thanx
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Eberay(f): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
Will get it across to u guys tomorrow,
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Eberay:

Will get it across to u guys tomorrow,

ok

thanx
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by no1madman(m): 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
[quote author=2mch link=topic=801338.msg9673273#msg9673273 date=13227684. It is a relief to see the pregnant woman and child have a roof over their head. But this woman na ride or die chick o. Hopefully Mr. Obuh does not leave her with his sudden wealth. lipsrsealed
[quote][/quote]
i hail d woman. . .i go dash her extra money later. . . .
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by menek(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2011
Hmm, na waoh! So this is how the story goes. I can remembered, I once saw this topic but never care to open it, thinkin he is one irresponsible fellow that never planned well and ended up in a mess until some one drawn my attention to it.
Hmm! Since I can feed today, I should be able to do something too. OAM4J, I will shoot u a mail later. God bless all that hav help that family
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by AZeD1(m): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2011
Eberay:

Saw your article, Thanks and God bless you,
They were typos ohh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by AZeD1(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2011
*there
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2011
Saw the reports, Ebere. Good one, save the forgivable typos. I am Jarus, not Jarius though.

Co-incidentally, I have an article published in same edition.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2011
Its not on the online edition naw sad

But kudos to you. I am sooooooooo happy for this family kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.