Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States (43897 Views)

Rufai Oseni's 8 Questions About The Coastal Road Project. / Construction Of Coastal Routes Can Strengthen Naira - David Umahi / Consumers Lament As Food Prices Rise 30% In Eight States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 3:24pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

Do you have a receipt to prove that BAT have interest HItech?

can you show me the discussion we had about Hitech?

when was Julius Berger paid with crude oil? do you have the receipt of that transaction?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 3:24pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

when was Julius Berger paid with crude oil? do you have the receipt of that transaction?
I bet you were probably not born then! I worked with Julius Berger between 1987 to 1995 I know better.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 3:25pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

I bet you were probably not born then! I worked with Julius Berger between 1987 to 1995 I know better.

very good. since you were born then, kindly produce the receipts of the transactions that took place between 1987 to 1995 that shows that JUlius Berger was paid in crude oil
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 3:25pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

Hatred will kill you guys
The project has been on paper since Jonathan days. Buhari ignored the project, but Tinubu is taken a step you are thinking negatively.

Mind you, if you are given a political won't you enrich yourself?
Don't mind them all they do is to complain meanwhile they know nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by commoditiesnig: 3:26pm On Feb 27
Commendable
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 3:27pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

very good. since you were born then, kindly produce the receipts of the transactions that took place between 1987 to 1995 that shows that JUlius Berger was paid in crude oil
Stupid request!..I won't be going back and forth with you I am sure old enough to be your dad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Putindbutt: 3:27pm On Feb 27
Jlow2:
The first face is what was approved and the work of the first face is only in lagos, and trust me the next 4years will be spent on lagos alone.
Illiterate, give the news to someone who sabi english to interprete it for you.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Putindbutt: 3:28pm On Feb 27
melodyogonna:
It'll probably still be under construction in 2050
According to bitter ipob

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 3:28pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

Stupid request!..I won't be going back and forth with you I am sure old enough to be your dad.

very good. then you are in a very good position to answer this question. kindly produce the receipts of the transactions that took place between 1987 to 1995 that shows that Julius Berger was paid in crude oil
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 3:29pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

can you show me the discussion we had about Hitech?

I discuss with matured minds. Have a good day!
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 3:30pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

I discuss with matured minds. Have a good day!

is that an evidence that you are a matured mind?

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 3:30pm On Feb 27
melodyogonna:
It'll probably still be under construction in 2050
Would you have better? Pessimist!
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Gboom: 3:31pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

what is the step which Tinubu has taken?
What is approval mean to you?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by fabian063: 3:34pm On Feb 27
Which state do you know that produces food in large quantities that is speared from Herdsmen and bandit from accessing their farmland?
frankson1:

Is it only Benue people who have good soil for planting...if the farmers in that state can't go to their farms, why can't farmers in other states go into farming?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by COMPAQ(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27
Paraman:

https://www.arise.tv/nigeria-approves-n1-trillion-to-start-construction-of-coastal-road-from-lagos-to-eight-states/#google_vignette

This project is a bloody waste of money and is clearly a means to siphon money!!

We have an existing East West road from Eket - Port Harcourt -Bayelsa - Warri - Benin - Shagamu - Lagos!! How about completing this road and optimizing the corridor to make it free flowing? Now you say that there are a number of uncompleted roads, yet you want to do a brand new contract of N48bln for phase 1? Money that could have been used to repair a number of existing highways across the country.

Meanwhile it was meant to be concessioned. Now they are making excuses to make it a cash backed contract, so they can siphon!!
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by holaruc(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27
benjsniper33:
smiley
. It's a good and very terrible project, using cement for such huge project will cause cement scarcity hence the price of cement will skyrocket even to 20k per bag
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

What is approval mean to you?

it does not mean anything to me.

what does it mean to you
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by U09ce: 3:43pm On Feb 27
Asswipemod:

You can never please Nigerians. No matter how cogent your reasons for doing something are, they must disparage your efforts and use mouth to construct and repair other projects for you. Maintenance of old infrastructure is just what it is. Maintenance. But construction of other new infrastructures is called development. Both are running concomitantly. Haba!

One day, just find time to drive the new Kaduna to Kano Road or Lagos to Ibadan. You'll know the difference between repair and reconstruction.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by COMPAQ(m): 3:44pm On Feb 27
U09ce:
Someone should please tell me why this road is priority.
There already exists a dual carriageway from Lagos-Benin-Warri-PH-Uyo-Calabar.However,many sections of the road are in a terrible state. I'm wondering why they can't channel the 1 trillion whether PPP or govt funded to the existing road. Sha, rumours abound that BAT has interests in the contractor Hitech.

Another option is to use the funds to at least kickstart the coastal railway. It has far more benefits compared to the road project.

Totally agree with you!! There are better things to do with N48bln or N1trln!!

An extension of the standard gauge from Ibadan to Abuja is far more vital in my view.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Asswipemod: 3:48pm On Feb 27
U09ce:

One day, just find time to drive the new Kaduna to Kano Road or Lagos to Ibadan. You'll know the difference between repair and reconstruction.

That is the reason why infrastructure development is being focused on the South. Jonathan and Buhari did a good job on the North.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by naija4life247: 4:07pm On Feb 27
Very good, it must not pass through Biafra. Biafrans can go and build their own road
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by izubext007: 4:12pm On Feb 27
Cash out season
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by melodyogonna(m): 4:20pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

Would you have better? Pessimist!
What?
You think pessimism is unwarranted based on the history of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by riverbird: 4:26pm On Feb 27
PortHarcourtcit:
let's see if obi will congratulate ASIWAJU JAGABAN for this nice development

Obi does not congratulate audio.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by sooperrescue(m): 4:26pm On Feb 27
Hi-tech used 14 years to build 3 lane of 45kms in Lekki. Nothing will change
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Fanatical(m): 4:28pm On Feb 27
All three phases funded by the FGN are all in Lagos while the ones in the south south are to be sourced by the construction company. As usual tribalism is codedly speaking
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 4:36pm On Feb 27
melodyogonna:

What?
You think pessimism is unwarranted based on the history of Nigeria?
Continue to be a pessimist when it is your turn people will also be pessimistic.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Gboom: 4:38pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

it does not mean anything to me.

what does it mean to you
Approval means prospect to me

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 4:41pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

Approval means prospect to me

how does it mean "prospect"?

does it mean anything tangible?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Oregba87: 4:51pm On Feb 27
see below

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Gboom: 4:52pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

how does it mean "prospect"?

does it mean anything tangible?
In what context are you defining tangible?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 4:54pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

In what context are you defining tangible?

if you are asking me what tangible means, then what is the thing that was approved that you are rejoicing over?

how does approval mean "prospect"? prospect of what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of VP Osinbajo As A Pupil Of Corona School / NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? / Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.