Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States (43814 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Construction Of Coastal Routes Can Strengthen Naira - David Umahi / Consumers Lament As Food Prices Rise 30% In Eight States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Danzakidakura(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27
An igbo will work for tge whle nation a yoruba will work for north and south west an Awusa man will always work for north alone.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Gboom: 5:07pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

if you are asking me what tangible means, then what is the thing that was approved that you are rejoicing over?

how does approval mean "prospect"? prospect of what?
If I may bias your mind, you seem not to believe anything that this government say because it is not your choice even if the project commences, you will still rubbish it
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 5:08pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

If I may bias your mind, you seem not to believe anything that this government say because it is not your choice even if the project commences, you will still rubbish it

that is not what I asked you.

if you are asking me what tangible means, then what is the thing that was approved that you are rejoicing over?

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Gboom: 5:13pm On Feb 27
lexy2014:

Why dragging issue with you since approval means nothing to you
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27
Zeebuy:

There's already a road leading from SW to SS. This 1Tr should've been used to fix that road instead of a brand new one

Let’s not start this refinery journey again. That 1T would be siphoned under the guise of maintenance.

A new road can be created, maintenance of the existing one can be captured by another budget, FERMA can handle that if they’re serious
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Bluntemperor: 5:18pm On Feb 27
To President Tinubu:
This is a real deal!
1-If you can finished this Coastal Roads Linking All these 8- 10- States of Federation together- during your tenure;
2-.If you can guide the Lagos State on the- 4th Mainland Bridge to Completion without any abandonememt of the Project- during your Tenure;
3.- if Ikorodu - Agbowa- Itoke- Ketu- Epe - Dualisation Roads can be Completed - during your Tenure,then
Na - Man You be ,Mr President!
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Archtype(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27
Another white elephant project to siphon money
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by lexy2014: 5:22pm On Feb 27
Gboom:

Why dragging issue with you since approval means nothing to you

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Yankee101: 5:26pm On Feb 27
More money stealing
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Giddybaba(m): 5:31pm On Feb 27
U09ce:
Someone should please tell me why this road is priority.
There already exists a dual carriageway from Lagos-Benin-Warri-PH-Uyo-Calabar.However,many sections of the road are in a terrible state. I'm wondering why they can't channel the 1 trillion whether PPP or govt funded to the existing road. Sha, rumours abound that BAT has interests in the contractor Hitech.
You make plenty sense abeg

Another option is to use the funds to at least kickstart the coastal railway. It has far more benefits compared to the road project.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by cardoctor(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27
Lets see what happens 20 years later.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by U09ce: 5:52pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

Ok you have a good point but that is a coastal road. It will pass thru many communities that the roads you mentioned didn't pass thru there by opening up more areas for development.
As for the rumors about BAT interest in HItech bros you are on your own.

Yes, roads open up communities for development. However, that doesn't mean you should embark on such when there are better projects. The so called superhighway might not even be complete in the next 10 years. We all know how projects in Nigeria linger till eternity
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by melodyogonna(m): 5:59pm On Feb 27
CluelessMODS:

Continue to be a pessimist when it is your turn people will also be pessimistic.
My turn for what? Man, do we even have any sensible person left in this country?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Tonididdyx: 6:03pm On Feb 27
I love love coastal roads... Fun driving experiences with unbeatwinds
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by babajero(m): 6:46pm On Feb 27
Paraman:

https://www.arise.tv/nigeria-approves-n1-trillion-to-start-construction-of-coastal-road-from-lagos-to-eight-states/#google_vignette
I hope dem no use road curse Nigeria, because since the creation of the thing called Nigeria na only road dem dey construct.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by fabolouz1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 27
Laudable as this may be , how can a 47 km road cost over I Trillion naira ?
There is no transparency in this project and it's smells of corruption.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by CluelessMODS: 7:14pm On Feb 27
melodyogonna:

My turn for what? Man, do we even have any sensible person left in this country?
Oh you don't pray to become president?
You are asking if we still have a sensible person left in this country? I take that to be a rhetorical question, if however your answer is yes then you are one of them because you are a Nigerian.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by PHAYOL81: 7:59pm On Feb 27
Okay, it's PPP. That's great, especially as it's ten lanes with rail space incorporated in it. This is good news for the southern states.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Umuinyioku: 8:57pm On Feb 27
U09ce:
Someone should please tell me why this road is priority.
There already exists a dual carriageway from Lagos-Benin-Warri-PH-Uyo-Calabar.However,many sections of the road are in a terrible state. I'm wondering why they can't channel the 1 trillion whether PPP or govt funded to the existing road. Sha, rumours abound that BAT has interests in the contractor Hitech.

Another option is to use the funds to at least kickstart the coastal railway. It has far more benefits compared to the road project.
Yes. BAT is the one sponsoring the construction company in Nigeria.

Virtually all roads in Lagos are handled by them.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Mandem2: 9:30pm On Feb 27
Okwyjesus:

This is where borrowing money is highly necessary. Not the bruhaha we had last time.

Tinubu will remodel Nigeria.
I pray that he succeeds.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by nasbidemi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27
Watin Ina no fit finish. Ina go come start am. Another administration go come complain about am again. Watin happen to the exiting roads
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Passionate888: 9:52pm On Feb 27

His words: “Today, we had the the approval of FEC for the construction of 700 kilometer of coastal routes running from Lagos through the nine coastal routes or states up to Cross River, meaning that it goes to Lagos, the Lekki Deep Seaport, Ogun state, Ondo State, Delta, Bayelsa, Port Harcourt and Akwa Ibom.

Port Harcourt na state?
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Rostikol: 10:08pm On Feb 27
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL AND EXCELLENT PROJECT.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Rostikol: 10:16pm On Feb 27
Twizzy30:
This is a laudable project. Nigeria is due for a coastal road spanning the coastal cities in the country. Imagine driving through the road with a beautiful view of the ocean.

Oh, it will be fantastic.

They should also make sure they have dedicated rest spots where there will be eateries, petrol, hotels etc every 20 kilometres or so, which will be right against the ocean, making for a spectacular experience for travellers.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Rostikol: 10:22pm On Feb 27
PHAYOL81:
Okay, it's PPP. That's great, especially as it's ten lanes with rail space incorporated in it. This is good news for the southern states.

It's excellent news. This is what we call infrastructural development.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Rostikol: 10:29pm On Feb 27
onuman:

False Nigerians are those whose tribesmen have ruled Nigeria since 1970 to become the official poverty capital of the world.

Corruption and ill-conceived malicious projects.
Tinubu has revived the Coastal corridor dream highway aimed for transfer of the oil resources in the SS to the SW region, circumventing the SE.
N1 trillion. The money will be gulped and no route built even in the next 50 years.

You are an IPOB outcast.

Nobody cares what you think.

Foreigner.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by aribisala0(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27
Zeebuy:

There's already a road leading from SW to SS. This 1Tr should've been used to fix that road instead of a brand new one
Which road is this
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by onuman: 10:34pm On Feb 27
Rostikol:

You are an IPOB outcast.

Nobody cares what you think.

Foreigner.

Indigene. Deal first with the hunger hammering you and your fellow indigenes to death.
Poor education and parasitic lifestyle made you see separatists as terrorists. Anytime you mention IPOB, your head cools off.
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by rottennaija(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27
Chucks13:

Ok but it has been approved and I'm sure 90% of it if not all will be completed before the North take over in 2031 because Tinubu and Umahi know if it fail to finish before the North take over they will stop the project so Tinubu and Umahi are not dumb they know what is at stake Ok.

Either you all like it or not Nigeria will move forward and Tinubu will restructure every mess in our system where indirect quota system had destroyed completely.

You shall see the transformation but be sure "No pain No gain".

It's a white elephant project. It will never be complete. And speaking of Tinubu, he better sit up or he will never see 2nd term
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Zeebuy: 11:00pm On Feb 27
aribisala0:

Which road is this

Lagos through Aba through Akwa Ibom to Calabar
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by aribisala0(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27
Zeebuy:

Lagos through Aba through Akwa Ibom to Calabar
cutting out Bayelsa and Rivers?

There idea of this is coastal access in particular the Niger Delta

So it covers the coastal elements of Ondo and Delta states
Re: Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States by Okwyjesus(m): 12:10am On Feb 28
Mandem2:

I pray that he succeeds.

He will. Learning curve....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / DSS Arrest: Tinubu Reacts To Calls For Oshiomhole's Removal / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Tinubu At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.