Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension (9922 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Gentlebabs(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27
You have to be 50years to access your full balance if you have accessed 25% already.

If you want to access the balance and they are not cooperating, send a letter of complaint via mail to Pencom: info@pencom.gov.ng and cooy Federal Competition & Consumer Protection Council: contact@cpc.gov.ng.

Better still visit any Pencom Zonal office closest to you. If you are in Lagos, their address is: 88A, Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja GRA, Ikeja - Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Deogratiasfx: 7:15pm On Feb 27
santaclaws:
Talk to a lawyer who is an expert in labour/employment laws... What you need is professional advice, not random opinions on a forum.

Lawyer that will even collect 90% of whatever you ever hope to get from the remittance?
Pls either you plead with them and apologies or you leave it for Karma.
Give lawyers 200Km distance!!!

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by sonssyo: 7:19pm On Feb 27
Queengee:
I opted for 25percent of my Pension remittance, all documents successful and now the only thing hindering the payment is my former company I worked with because they refused to acknowledge the letter my pension sent to them for confirmation before proceeding to pay me on ground that I didn't resign properly.

truly when I left the company 3years ago I don't submit any resignation letter. I left without giving any notice because I was tired of the job. so is there any legal means I go about this because those HRs can be very wicked when you need them

If at all you know that these peeps go worry you, you would have remitted to your account using one registered company and at the same time update your working place to that company,incase they send it to the address of the new company,there will not be any feedback,boom,they pay you your money
But nevertheless, visit Stanbic IBTC for way forward,they can bypass your employer,there is no law stating that you must resign anywhere before payment is made

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by adubam(m): 7:20pm On Feb 27
gabbasin:
in my own case, it took my former employer nearly 2 months to respond to my PFA. Every time I reach out to my PFA on the reason for delay, the reply I got is that my former employer hasn't responded.

As an Accountant. I'm talking from experience. Stanbic IBTC pension states it clear in their letters that after 7 days without response they will pay their client. After all the money is no longer with the employer

3 Likes

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by santaclaws: 7:30pm On Feb 27
Deogratiasfx:

Lawyer that will even collect 90% of whatever you ever hope to get from the remittance?
Pls either you plead with them and apologies or you leave it for Karma.
Give lawyers 200Km distance!!!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

There's no lawyer taking 90% of anyone's money anywhere. All he needs is to seek professional advice so he can take the proper steps.

He isn't going to court, neither is he suing the company.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Deogratiasfx: 7:36pm On Feb 27
santaclaws:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

There's no lawyer taking 90% of anyone's money anywhere. All he needs is to seek professional advice so he can take the proper steps.

He isn't going to court, neither is he suing the company.

Ok.....let him go and meet those Nigerian lawyers. They will take u through the longer route. You will spend and be spent.
I have given my own advice, if u like take. Very few lawyers have conscience
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by santaclaws: 7:37pm On Feb 27
Deogratiasfx:

Ok.....let him go and meet those Nigerian lawyers. They will take u through the longer route. You will spend and be spent.
I have given my own advice, if u like take. Very few lawyers have conscience

Stop exaggerating. If you've not consulted a lawyer before, don't say what you don't know... I am writing from experience.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by soccerlite: 7:39pm On Feb 27
phoneport:
You get mind o for Naija, you sack yourself come dey ask for pension... Dey play cool

Funny

Deductions from his monthly salary

Abi you don't understand pension contribution
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Deogratiasfx: 8:05pm On Feb 27
santaclaws:

Stop exaggerating. If you've not consulted a lawyer before, don't say what you don't know... I am writing from experiencpe.

Pls I need that lawyer contact. My own experience, they are opening shop on my head. Pls help me. I need ur own kind of lawyer
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Kavod: 8:10pm On Feb 27
Queengee:

really so what's the way forward
You resigned YOURSELF without the companies knowledge so its only right you pay yourself the pension without the companies knowledge
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by OlugbejeT: 9:22pm On Feb 27
Queengee:
I opted for 25percent of my Pension remittance, all documents successful and now the only thing hindering the payment is my former company I worked with because they refused to acknowledge the letter my pension sent to them for confirmation before proceeding to pay me on ground that I didn't resign properly.

truly when I left the company 3years ago I don't submit any resignation letter. I left without giving any notice because I was tired of the job. so is there any legal means I go about this because those HRs can be very wicked when you need them
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Vicana: 10:06pm On Feb 27
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the very definition of duress and slavery. For consent is one of the ingredients that makes a contract valid and binding. And duress, slavery and vioalation of a person's personal right will always vitiate a contract.

But Nigerians refuse to.know their rights and have even given it up to their kings to treat them like animals even in their fake courts using their fake and unlawful command called "Legal".

Tor, it's for the court to determine.
Funny enough, weda Fake courts or unlawful command or legal fake, fake legal they are binding. It's not just private sector, even civil service they have their own terms.
When you sign these documents, you give away your personal rights, weda the treatment is unfair or unjust after signing.
That's why one has to weigh these things. Organizations knows that people can leave without notice, that's why they bring all these terms.
Weda you are treated unfair or unjust in the job, the wise thing to do is to go through the terms you signed, if it is notice,you give, if it is to return a previous month salary, you return or any other thing, just do and free yourself.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Obalola12: 10:08pm On Feb 27
I had same issue when I needed 25% of mine. My pension manager told me to get a letter head from the company and draft my letter. He worked on it and I got my money. Although I had to go back n forth just to make sure I was following up with the guy, he told eto stop stressing myself cos I was pregnant. Few days after it was sent to me.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by TheCrusader14: 11:02pm On Feb 27
My own former employers didn't even remit anything into my own pension account. I've been thinking about taking up the matter, and a few days ago, I saw in a newspaper headline how PenCom recovered billions from defaulting employers. I still have the appointment and termination letters. How do I go about it?

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by gabbasin: 11:05pm On Feb 27
adubam:

As an Accountant. I'm talking from experience. Stanbic IBTC pension states it clear in their letters that after 7 days without response they will pay their client. After all the money is no longer with the employer
My PFA too is Stanbic IBTC PENSION, and that's my experience in 2015. Maybe things have changed now.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Dtruthspeaker: 5:34am On Feb 28
Vicana:

Tor, it's for the court to determine.
Funny enough, weda Fake courts or unlawful command or legal fake, fake legal they are binding. It's not just private sector, even civil service they have their own terms.
When you sign these documents, you give away your personal rights, weda the treatment is unfair or unjust after signing.
That's why one has to weigh these things. Organizations knows that people can leave without notice, that's why they bring all these terms.
Weda you are treated unfair or unjust in the job, the wise thing to do is to go through the terms you signed, if it is notice,you give, if it is to return a previous month salary, you return or any other thing, just do and free yourself.

They are not binding. All these shit occurs because Nigerians dont care about their rights and this is why they deserve to have the kind of leaders they have.

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Pojomojo: 8:50am On Feb 28
adubam:

Whether they acknowledge or not after 7 days of no response the pension fund administrator would go ahead and pay you your 25%.
Not all pension fund administrator do that o! I have case like that, even after submitting all documents, as long as the employer did not respond or acknowledge the mail or letter, they cannot proceed.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Pojomojo: 8:51am On Feb 28
Under which labor law is this?
Dtruthspeaker:

Refusal to work called absconded is also a type of terminstion and every person has a right to terminate his work and cannot rather should not be punished for it.

If only Nigerians would learn that rights do not come from men,
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Pojomojo: 9:03am On Feb 28
Thabothabo101:

Iโ€™m going through a similar scenario. I resigned from my former company about nine years ago. When I did all my records were correct, i.e., name, age, etc., at the time my former company handed over my pension account to the pension provider. Iโ€™d been getting regular updates as per my statements and all.

A few years ago, I noticed they had inverted my date of birth, swapping the date for the month, I didn't think anything of this and knew I was going to deal with it when the time came, all that mattered to me at that time was monitoring my funds.

Then I observed they had changed my birth year to 2000. By the way, Iโ€™m in my late forties and have been working since the early 2000s. I also noticed they had screwed up my first name, omitting a letter.

Last December, I lost my job and early this month I thought about withdrawing 25% of my savings (as per the pencom law). So I visited their (pension providerโ€™s) website to update my details. I was asked to produce a birth certificate, NIN, and a letter from my former employer confirming my age. I produced the first two believing it was enough to prove both my age (and first name), well, guess what, they rejected the request to have my details updated, claiming that they needed an employer to confirm my age. After a back and forth and cussing under my breath, they told me that the NIN and birth certificate were enough to update my first name but not my age, for that they still needed a letter from an employer confirming my age. I mean, who would need an employer to confirm anyoneโ€™s age?

I have heard stories about how corrupt these pension providers are. That's what I think is going on.
They are just write to the surveillance and monitoring team in Oduduwa in GRA ikeja and see the speed at which they would work and attend to you requests.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Pojomojo: 9:06am On Feb 28
sorextee:
Mine is quite similar to yours. My own case was mismanagement of money. I was arrested, they even sued me. But as God will have it, I won the case in court. But after then, I went my way. They neva sent me any sack letter to this day. I was removed from the group on whatsapp, all my data cleaned off from the system. Now I can't access my 25% money in my pension account. The surprising thing is that, they Re still paying into my pension account.
Probably obeying court order
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Dtruthspeaker: 12:21pm On Feb 28
Pojomojo:
Under which labor law is this?

Under The Labour Law that was in force before the white bandits in violation of Las, overran our lands and changed everything by imposing on us their educaton of deceit and brainwashing along with their fake weak and unjust laws after having ensured that the pioneer lawyers think and study only in terms of legal which is the fake laws they created instead of Law, which no man created.

https://www.nairaland.com/6989896/lawyers-not-deceit#110283265

And Remember, it is The Law (see how they say.Law here not legal) "Anything founded upon an unlawfulness cannot stand" therefore every Act and word of those British bandits including Naming Nigeria and giving us or extending their fake laws to Nigeria is unlawful. So you cannot rely on their fake and unjust Labour Act of 1891 or Contract Act of 1950 and co.

And i dont think you would say that the region known as Nigeria did not have Labour Laws, Contract Laws, Marriage, etc. so, go investigate and see what Law was in force before the white bandits came and destroyed everything with their sweet lies and death.
Re: My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension by Willie2015: 8:22am On Apr 04
ZaddyJ:

angry

Sorry bro if he tried to resume they will hand him an indefinite suspension and that will mark the end of his pension career grin

Let them give him indefinite suspension.
After the indefinite suspension...
Its either dismissal or termination...
Then he can retrieve his pension...
Pension got nothing to do with what happens in his workplace..
Pls familiarise yourself with the Pension Act

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oando Plc, Not Worker-friendly Company โ€“ NUPENG / What Is Your Dream Job? / 5 Reasons Why You Don't Get Jobs From Previous Clients.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.