Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years (16628 Views)

Photos Of The 4KM Illegal Crude Oil Pipeline In Forcados, Delta State (Video) / FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Paraman: 6:57am On Feb 28
It announced this at the ongoing 7th Nigeria International Energy Summit in Abuja, where President Bola Tinubu also provided some explanations on why his government had to remove petrol subsidy despite how difficult it was.

Providing a couple of status reports on Nigeria’s gas sector, during his remarks at the summit, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Gas, Ekperikpe Ekpo, described the OB3 gas pipeline as one of the biggest gas transmission systems in both Nigeria and Africa.

“Another milestone in our journey towards a gas-focused economy is the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano pipeline. I am pleased to report that significant progress has been made in the construction of this critical infrastructure project, and we are on track to ensure its completion and commissioning as scheduled.

“The Obiafu/Obrikom/Oben (OB3) is a vital piece of gas infrastructure for the supply of feedstock to the AKK pipeline. This pipeline is among the biggest gas transmission systems in both Nigeria and Africa.

“I am highly elated to announce that going by the contractor estimates, the OB3 pipeline will be completed by March 2024 and the 42” 127km pipeline will supply 2BCF (two billion standard cubic feet) per day,” the minister stated.

Ekpo noted that upon completion, the pipeline would supply the AKK pipeline with gas from the three fields of Obiafu, Obrikom and Oben, as he commended NNPCL for its steadfastness in ensuring a timely completion of the OB3 pipeline project.

The estimated cost for constructing the OB3 gas pipeline is $700m. The project started sometime in 2016, and is also known as the East-West Pipeline.

It connects the Obiafu-Obrikom gas plant near Omuku, Rivers State, to Oben, Edo State and is to transport two billion standard cubic feet of gas per day.

Representing Tinubu, before declaring the summit open, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, stated that the petroleum subsidy had over the years strained Nigeria’s economic resources.

This, he said, led to inefficiencies and, most importantly, “hindering our ability to invest in critical areas of energy security.”

Tinubu, whose speech was read by the minister, said, “By removing the subsidy, we are creating a more transparent and accountable energy sector. The funds that were previously allocated to subsidising petroleum products are now redirected towards developing and upgrading our energy and other social infrastructure.

“Furthermore, the removal of the subsidy has encouraged further private sector participation in the energy industry with potential of attracting more local and international investors, fostering innovation and competition that will drive down costs and improve the overall efficiency of our energy sector.

“I am acutely aware of the immediate impact this decision may have had on our citizens, especially those with lower incomes. Therefore, in parallel with the subsidy removal, my administration is committed to implementing social intervention programmes to mitigate the short-term effects on vulnerable populations.”

He said the programmes would ensure that the burden of the subsidy removal was shared equitably and that the most vulnerable persons were protected.

“The decision to remove the petroleum subsidy is not an easy one, but it is a necessary one for the long-term energy security and economic prosperity of our beloved nation.

“I call upon all stakeholders, including industry experts, policymakers, and the general public, to engage in constructive dialogue and collaboration as we navigate these challenging but transformative times,”
the President stated.

Tinubu had declared on May 29, 2023, that fuel subsidy was gone, during his inaugural speech. This was implemented the next day by NNPCL, the sole importer of petrol into Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/fg-completes-700m-gas-pipeline-in-march-after-eight-years/?amp

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by nazicartel(m): 7:22am On Feb 28
Let me get something. They will be transporting the gas from Rivers/Edo to the North abi?... Anyway, that's not my issue.... The govt should just hands off on anything related to gas. They should privatize them after much scrutiny. They keep some percentages in all the companies.... The govt can't do anything good.... $700m would've been used for something good

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by BBIA: 7:23am On Feb 28
grin

Haters will soon come to wail grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by reiddecuti: 7:23am On Feb 28
There's no where it's written that we cannot achieve the greatness we want and make Nigeria a functioning nation were every country that despises us today will be cueing up—just as Nigerians do now at the respective embassies—to have a taste of us, to associate with us, to do business and also dine with us.

Before then, the weeds amongst us (mostly in government; executive, legislative and judiciary) need to be identified and exterminated deliberately, cos these weeds are the ones who have sworn to Ogun never to see Nigeria work.

We have the potential and we can do it!!!

13 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by siraj1402(m): 7:23am On Feb 28
We will surly get there.
Pigeon peas popularly called fiofio, agbugbu, waken-turawa or otinli in Yoruba is needed.
Connect me on 08036534549.

4 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by lockheed55(m): 7:24am On Feb 28
Nice

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by richard870(m): 7:25am On Feb 28
Humongous amounts everyday!

8 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 7:25am On Feb 28
Audio

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by twilliamx(m): 7:25am On Feb 28
Kk
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Kingdavid579(m): 7:26am On Feb 28
Given that our nation's economy relies solely on consumption, wouldn't it be feasible for the federal and state governments to establish world-class factories and large-scale production companies, and subsequently privatize them to facilitate smooth operation and job creation?

Taking practical steps like this could significantly enhance Nigeria's economy, as opposed to mere rhetoric.

Every minister, governor, and leader in Nigeria has continually discussed measures to improve our economy, yet there's been a lack of tangible action.

Additionally, why not organize exportation-oriented educational materials, seminars, and workshops for the public? We have abundant agricultural products that individuals and SMEs can export, earning valuable hard currency in return.

7 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Safola45: 7:26am On Feb 28
That's a good news

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by lexy2014: 7:26am On Feb 28
nioms:
The people needs to enjoy the benefits of fuel subsidy removal. They should buckle up or they'll be kicked out in 2027

what are the benefits of subsidy removal?
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Nice123(m): 7:26am On Feb 28
G
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by marvellous2222: 7:26am On Feb 28
Continue to dribble the masses like messi

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Nwaokunkpara: 7:27am On Feb 28
Government of deception

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by KingKO22: 7:28am On Feb 28
Ok
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by pocom16: 7:29am On Feb 28
They need to start the 3 power plants along the AKK pipeline.. if the pipelines are completed they will be under utilized for quite some time..

Tinubu should also beg Niger republic to permit the extension of the lines through their territory down to Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipv0Mt75Ipk

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Macphenson: 7:30am On Feb 28
kk
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Zaheertyler(m): 7:31am On Feb 28
Some will call me a hater
But y'all still believe all this news without picture evidence or from the government
Just make money and eat Biko

6 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by MorataFC: 7:32am On Feb 28
Good news

2 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Johnwrite(m): 7:33am On Feb 28
Omo see money
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by ClearFlair: 7:33am On Feb 28
APC incompetence

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by HAH: 7:35am On Feb 28
But subsidy is still being paid now with dollar at 1500
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Omenlon: 7:35am On Feb 28
shocked
lexy2014:

what are the benefits of subsidy removal?
ask your governor how much he is collecting now from FAAC.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by EdiskyHarry: 7:35am On Feb 28
Continue
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Obakoolex(m): 7:36am On Feb 28
Nwaokunkpara:
Government of deception

marvellous2222:
Continue to dribble the masses like messi

Bad Belle people, they hate good news with passion undecided

25 Likes

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Goldbw122(m): 7:37am On Feb 28
smiley I wish there was nothing like corruption and honesty, what will this world become?
Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by iHart(m): 7:37am On Feb 28
nioms:

Good morning my beautiful and powerful comrades. I want to seek your favor this morning on behalf of my wife. She's presently feeding our new born and needs food. We're presently out of work and helpless. Will appreciate anything. Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.

8 547 5 89 47 9
WĒMa
Adegoke
you no dey tire to create new account everyday just to dey beg online?

1 Like

Re: FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years by Dollyak(f): 7:38am On Feb 28
I can't believe i am saying this, but based on recent moves and policies, Tinubu's government may end up being the best ever in the history of naija. He needs to be more sensitive though and get tough on corruption.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP, Police Commission Clash Over Recruitment Notice / Nigerian Man Files Suit Against Buhari And INEC At Lagos High Court. Photos / 2019 Budget: Buhari To Spend N1bn On Trips, Osinbajo 300m (see Full Breakdown)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.